Muddy World of Play [Any]

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati
you show me how to see that nothing is whole and nothing is broken

Birdsong.

Snow melted under the slow, creeping predator of spring. Unseen and almost by surprise, Birdsong had taken over and thrust Helovia into an earthy, budding world. No longer were the temperatures a brutal freezing low, warming slowly as the days went on. Flowers struggled up out of the earth, colorful even as they kept their petals closed. It was not time yet for them to bloom.

The run off had slid down the mountains and from the rivers all around. The Foothills were muddy, but the cinnamon spotted princess knew it would not last long. Slowly, wounds had healed. In a fashion that would leave her scarred, as she had not been able to seek out a healer in the absence of Svetlana. The one along her flank, the worst of them, had puckered up into an angry red scar. A few littered her face and many along her legs, but Nayati was oblivious to them. She was very lonely, and still waited for Svetlana everyday. Romani meant a lot to her, but she promised that her angel would return. So she waited.

However, today was a day for play. The mud was slippery, sticky, and not too deep for her tiny frail legs. Little brown hooves prodded it carefully before jumping into it with reckless abandon. Jumping through it, giggling softly and throwing herself onto the ground, sometimes on her knees to slide in the places that held more water. It was incredibly fun, even if the only spots left clean on her was parts of her face and her spine. Giggles and squeals soft, as if afraid Mother would leap out and punish her for having fun once again. Enjoying this wonderful, strange new world of brown.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Abdullah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abdullah

The warm crisp air played at my hide. Giving an exceptional warmth to my already heated body. As I ran through the Foothills mud slung behind me, hastily- for it did not just simply float in the air. My movements were sly and quick as I slid in the squishy substance around trees and a few boulders. To feel the freedom of the wind throughout my mane was more than a blessing, it was a gift. Romani had brought me here, to this new home and I thank her for that. I will bring her something in return for turning my life to a new chapter, as she said maybe this new chapter will bring my own self something.

My blue eyes spotted a youngster. Instinct, I searched for a mother. Yet there was none to be found. I slowed gently, trotting as I became closer to her (close enough to see the scar on her rump area) I lowered my high spirited tail. It saddened my heart to see such a thing. It reminded me of Ilair. The poor colt who was drug back to his home after conversing with me, an outcast, and beaten the whole way back. I'll never come to shake that memory. It's like a painful haunting that never goes away. I found my trot coming fondly close to the filly so I stop. Black hooves a little brown from the earthy slosh. "Hello darling, is everything alright?" I asked with concern. Ears alert to anything she might say in return. I as a female, well a motherly caring female, felt it my duty to step forth and offer her a little bit of comfort. After all children needed the feeling of someone there. I remember being that young and the only one there was my father, my mother sick and dying. After her death it seemed that my father and I truly could not stand each others presence. I was nothing he wanted me to be, and I wanted nothing to do with what he wished for me.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow
Romani
Ever so slowly the Haflinger mare picked her way through the thawing Foothills, practically sauntering through the fields. There was no arrogance to her pace. She was merely happy. When she had arrived in Helovia, Romani had been afraid that her wanderer’s heart would prevent her from settling down, from relaxing and finding a home… Now, however, a little under a season since arriving in the lands, she was finding herself growing acclimated to the Foothills. They, and her herd members, were her home, and surprisingly the palomino found herself okay with that.

Coming over the top of a hill, Romani paused, her soft blue eyes scanning over the beauty that was Birdsong. With the snow’s melted, grass was beginning to peak out from the damp soil, and warm winds were beginning to blow instead of frigid, wintry gusts. As the seasons depicted, birds flew and sang, taking as much delight as the warmer weather than the citizens of Helovia themselves…

Continuing her survey, Romani paused, a gentle smile crossing her lips at the scene displayed before her. Further on down the hill, playing like a foal should play, was little Nayati. Her wounds had healed as well as they could, and even though it still pained the Haflinger to see them, it was a relief to see that the cinnamon peppered princess had begun to cope with what her mother had done to her. Watching the filly play in blissful ignorance was a sign of that.

Another scent came to her on the breeze besides Nayati’s, one that was filed away under the memory of a deep friendship. It was only then that Romani spotted Abdullah, the dappled mare she had found and brought home to the Foothills. They were friends, she and the Arabian, and that meant a lot to the once-wanderer. Abdullah seemed to be inquiring something from the filly, but Romani was too far yet to hear what words were exchanged. To her knowledge the two hadn’t met, but she could always be wrong…

With a smile still gracing her lips, ears perked forward in jovial kindness, the Haflinger continued on her way down the hill towards the two other Foothills members. Perhaps she would join in the fun… It had been awhile since she had last engaged in a form of pleasant youthfulness. Once close enough, she spoke up, blue eyes twinkling merrily. She couldn’t help but chuckle softly at Nayati, for her adorable peppered coat was saturated in mud, save the crown of her back and her face.

“Hello, Dear Heart,” Romani said affectionately to Nayati, who had become like a niece to her, “And you, too, Dullah. Enjoying the warm weather?”

table by tempest @ sordid secrets

Outcast

Nayati

Play remained uninterrupted for a few long minutes, the little doll traipsed throughout the muddy expanse with pricked ears and bright ruby eyes. In her youth she didn't detect the presence of the approaching mare until the air was broken by her kind voice. Startled she stiffened, shrinking down even smaller than her frail frame. Fear was embedded deep within her mind, afraid Mother had returned once again. It took only a moment more for Nayati to recognize the endearment of 'darling'. It was as sweet and soft as the names Svetlana and Romani called her, and softened her stance into shy curiosity. The newcomer was stunning, and Nayati found herself awed just as she had been when she'd met Svetlana and saw her first pegasus. Nayati wasn't pretty, Mother had told her so.

Little ears, still remaining white somehow in the mud despite the cinnamon flecks that came naturally, flicked up to show her growing interest in the stranger. "A-Alright? Think so..." Keep quiet, Nayati. Don't make her angry. She's so very pretty, so kind. No need to make her unhappy when Nayati wanted another friend. Was everything truly alright? "Lana gone...but Roma say Lana come back." Voice quivering but as firm as she could get. Nayati's only hope was to believe in Romani, that Svetlana really would return.

Speaking of Romani...Nayati noticed the palomino coming down towards them, smile on her face that Nayati had stored away in the shards of her growing memory as friendly and loving. Svetlana was her savior, the mother that had effectively and fiercely taken over the role Mother should have taken. Romani was like her aunt, someone she loved and trusted just as much. Tiny, hesitant smile pulled at naturally fearful face at the sight of her, the endearment she was so used to respond to. "Roma!" Calling back quietly in response, still unable to say her full name. Dragging one hoof back and forth in the mud as her attentions slipped away, used to fading into the background so people wouldn't notice her.

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Unregistered

Abdullah

A pretty dainty little thing she was. Positive in nature till someone new arrives. I watched her shudder at my words and I stepped backwards a few times to give her some respectful distance. I didn't wish to frighten her any more than she was. Though it seemed as she realized I meant no harm her shuddering ceased. I smiled brightly, giving yet another sign of pure hope within my soul. I would not let her feel fear in my presence, no that would be unacceptable. I should not be feared.

"Youngin, I am not quite for sure these names you speak of, but I hope luck finds you worthy." my bright tones caressing at her ears. The sound of an approacher piked my interest and then the little foal bounded excited tones forward. Addressing Romani as Roma, therefor in her tiny sentence she spoke of Romani. Interesting. I knew not of their relationship, refraining from being to out right and nosy I just continued on with the flow of things. "Romani." I dipped my head in greeting, "Much enjoying it!" delicate vocals calm and inspirational. I shifted my weight sideways and began to relax fully. I did though begin to wander about the pretty little foal and her skidish ways, those scars had to have a connection to it. Had to.

Romani
Roma! Nayati’s shortened version of her name made Romani smile, fondly recalling the affection that hid behind the name. Azure eyes scanned over the little filly, taking in her smaller body, looking her over thoroughly for any more injuries or how her wounds had been healing. They seemed to be doing better, puckers of raw skin instead of deep gouges within her skin and hide.

Noticing the filly’s sudden withdrawal into the background, a self preservation method, the Haflinger was sure, she stepped closer and dipped her muzzle down to press it gently against Nayati’s own velvety one. She huffed lightly into the peppered one’s nose, silently wanting to let her know that everything was okay, and that she had done no wrong. There was nothing wrong for a foal her age to frolic through the mud, and Romani would be the last one to reprimand her from doing it.

“You look like you’re doing great, Dear Heart,” Romani murmured softly, wanting nothing but to reassure the babe, “I hope you don’t mind if I join you in play?”

Lifting her head, the compact mare turned her head to regard Abdullah with gentle blue eyes. The Arabian was a deep, close friend to her, and Romani was pleased beyond explanation to see how well she was settling within the Foothills. It was what she had hoped for Abdullah when she found the mare wandering in the Threshold. “Good. I’m glad you’re settling well in the Foothills, especially now that the snow’s thawed and the cold is leaving.”

[Sorry for the wait, guys… I’ve been meaning to get to this thread, but with the Holidays and stuff going on, I’ve been crammed for time. >_< So, bear with me, please!]

Outcast

Nayati

Beautiful creature steps away to give Nayati the space she so craves. Distance means she cannot be harmed, and has a better chance of running away. She seems so easily pleased, or perhaps just wants Nayati to know she brings no harm, as a fluorescent smile is brought upon her lips in an assuring manner. Nayati so far has met no cruel soul since tiny hoof set itself in the lands of Helovia, and this brings her a certain level of trust that isn't natural to her. Perhaps the dappled mare is just as kind as Romani was when Svetlana had left. 'Youngin' however is new to her ears, and she mouths it with a certain intelligent curiosity as she ponders the new word. Smiling shyly in thanks at the woman when she wishes her luck, taken by the simple act of kindness and hospitality.

Romani's entrance brings forth a look of recognition from the newcomer's features, and Nayati is struck by the fact she doesn't know her name yet. Then again she had not given hers either. Though her discrete withdrawal is noticed by Romani, something Nayati had never experienced. Nobody had ever cared enough if she disappeared anyways. Dark muzzle reaches for her, Romani's scent filling her mind and surrounding her with the same feelings of protection and adoration she'd felt when they'd first met. Her soft tone is welcome to the filly, as she is easily startled, and Nayati gives a tiny quaking smile when Romani praises her progress. Shuffling her hooves nervously when the palomino asked quietly if she would mind much if the older female would join her in her romping. "N-No...Roma can play..." same soft stutter as she always spoke in, but kind and welcoming nonetheless. Nayati was secretly confident that Romani understood her ways and did not judge her for them.

Nayati couldn't help but sidle silently closer as the mares conversed, hiding as close to Romani as she could. Tucked against her belly and behind her foreleg, inspecting the ground. More than one person at a time around her is a little frightening and makes her anxious to please. But curiosity refuses to leave her, and she simply has to know who this knew mare is. "W-Who're you? I Nayati..." Terrified that she'd spoken up at the wrong time, or worse would be punished for her insolence for inquiring the name of someone better than her. Pressing tiny spotted head to Romani's leg, wishing she could hide between her legs but unsure if it's allowed.

[[No worries ^__^ I'm on busy myself, it always gets hectic around hols. Take your time!]]

Unregistered

Each equids presence was comforting, regardless of age or mental capabilities. Abdullah was bright enough to understand the curiosity and regard the helpless abilities young ones held. Gently she noted as Romani and herself conversed deep, Nayati found herself sliding towards the Halflinger. "Oh yes, the snow leaving is won..." Nayati cut her off. Abdullah's bright eyes lingered to the filly. She chuckled simply a warm smile even upon her lips. "You're curiosity makes you just the sweeter, darling. My name is Abdullah, you can call me Abby or Dullah. Which ever suites you best dear." the dark lips carried tones of care.

Abdullah slightly inclined her head and lowered her neck to shrink her intimidating size some, hoping maybe the filly found a little bit more comfort within the situation. Hoping maybe she wouldn't find herself worthless and would open up carefully. "wonderful." she finished to Romani. Leaking her ears to anything the red had to say. "This friend of yours Mani," a friendship growing as she shortened the stubby mares own name "is she new to the family as well?" Abdullah pulled her attention evenly between the two. Speaking the word family to reassure the filly none of them would harm her. Surely Romani would catch on to the gesture and play along quite well.

[ooc- I just realized you guys were waiting on me! *fail* sorry!]

Romani
Watching as Nayati drew closer to her side made Romani’s smile soften even more. She felt honored that the filly felt safe in her presence, yet it made her sad that the peppered princess still suffered from the fear she obtained by being beaten and driven out by her mother. It was unjust, but there was nothing Romani could to aside from care for Nayati and watch her thrive. Already she was doing so much better, openly introducing herself to Abdullah, who was still just a stranger to the babe.

Looking to Abdullah, the mare nodded, dipping her head slightly. When she spoke, her azure eyes twinkled in joy. “Oh, yes. Nayati was brought home into the family by Svetlana, and I’ve been watching over her since then…” Directing her gaze to Nayati, then, she continued. “Dullah is a good friend of mine, Dear Heart… A great friend, like my sister almost. I’m sure she would also love to play in the mud, if that would be alright with you? We can all play together and get terribly dirty.”

In emphasis, the compact mare took a step forward and placed her hoof in the mud, lifting it up and promptly stomping it back down. Brown, sludge-like mud splattered into the air, and it caked onto the white feathers covering her hoof, but Romani didn’t care. This would be good for them all, especially little Nayati.

[ooc: Bad post is bad... XD]

Outcast

Nayati

Horrified that she had interrupted the pleasant mare, Nayati dropped her head. Staring at nutmeg hooves, pressing in close to Romani's side. Waiting in terrified anticipation from Abdullah to yell at her for daring to do such a thing. Yet it never came. In fact, she laughed and smiled at her, coaxing curious ruby eyes up to look at her. Nayati blushed and shuffled her hoof through the mud at the compliment, giving Abdullah a shy endearing smile. "O-Okay...Abby." Testing out the new name with a curious look, trying it out in her tongue. Pleased by the warmth it ignited in her chest. 

The woman shrank herself down and Nayati's own shrunken form rose up an inch from her huddled position, feeling more comfortable with Abdullah on her level. Mother always towered over her purposefully to frighten and intimidate her, and the relief from the understanding gesture calmed her shaking legs. Listening carefully to their conversation, wanting to please. Instead being surprised to be considered family, smile turning tremulous and thankful as she turned her gaze to the other darker mare. Turning tiny crown to Romani as she spoke, face relaxing when she assured her that Abby was like a sister to the palomino. Always careful to ask if it was okay, never pressuring the nutmeg peppered doll. Nodding, a bit more enthusiastic at the idea of play than she normally was. Tiny noise of surprise, hardly a whisper, escaped the babe when Romani splashed herself with mud. It was always better to keep quiet, even when surprised. Giving a nervous little giggle but playing along, lifting both front hooves and slapping them back down against the ground. Drying mud on her body was repainted a darker color, and she gave another little laugh. Turning to Abdullah, waiting for her next move, unwilling to go any farther until she was reassured that it was okay. 

[[Youre both fine <3 and Tay I know you're going through some tough stuff right now so don't feel pressured alright? Lots of love~!]]