the Rift

I'm just the fool who got played [Any]

Aurelius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Birdsong. While the weather was getting noticeably warmer, the odd orange light from the eclipse did not have much in common with the feeble spring sun that Aurelius was accustomed to. The dwarven steed was less radiant than usual as well, his world darkened in more than one sense, but the time of turmoil had given him strength. He had fought a war. War changes a man. It was only the natural course of things. As he passed the rocky bridge to the Veins, he had set his mind on paying the Gods a visit. Which one he was not sure; he had never really had much faith in them, the many times he had prayed to them when he was young had not helped save him from his tormentors.

Horned head was held high, sturdy legs carrying his rounded body to stand before the shrines. Mismatched eyes went from one to the other, not quite certain who to direct his request to. He did not know much about the gods of this land, but he knew the desire in his heart was pure; he wanted to be able to turn himself into something powerful, something that could help him in protecting those he held dear. Now, if they would only listen, despite his doubts. “Gods of Helovia, I request your presence,” he said in his baritone voice, letting the sound die out with the wind. Flicking his thick tail, he stood patiently, gaze locked on the shrines in front of him.

[Requesting shape-shifting magic to turn into a wolverine]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"There is no god that can fulfill your needs better than I, dear Aurelius." The Moon Goddess' silky voice purred as she appeared before her own shrine. She strode to him gracefully, her silver mane and tail dancing as she moved. "The magic you desire is one that I can grant you, not my brothers." She informed the small stallion as she finally stopped so she stood before him and towered over his small body.

"The magic you desire, to shape shift into a wolverine. Is it truly something you want?" She asked. "To turn into something so small. Do you not wish to shift into something much larger? More powerful? My dear, a bear would suit you better than any wolverine would." She continued on, intent on planting a seed of doubt in his mind. Doubt of his own abilities. Doubt of the magic he wanted. Toying with these mortals could be so much fun.

Unregistered

She appeared before him, but her words fostered nothing but a tight smile to appear on his lips. “Then it is you I seek. Yet one would think you would know me better than that, Goddess.” He spoke, not intimidated by her size in the slightest, but nonetheless standing up a bit more straight. His size had never been an issue to him before, but it seemed that others had an increasingly difficult time to look past his exterior features.

Considering I lived in your very own lands, you should be able to dig a little deeper,” he spoke, a notable bitterness in his words when reminded of his former abode. The earthbound steed did not waver in his decision, did not bite on her games and let her mislead him. His whole life he had spent, evading those who tried to make a fool of him, and after the little incident with the invasion, his devotion to her was not exactly strengthened.

Bears are but slow, hibernating omnivores. A wolverine is quick on its feet, vicious and fearless, despite its small size. Much like myself,” he spoke and paused, looking into her pupilless eyes. “A wolverine will take on an animal three times its size. Like I, it does not discriminate,” he said, clenching his jaw tightly. He did not expect a quest that would be easy, did not expect her to play any favors. But whatever she might choose, he was ready.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The Moon Goddess smiled at the bitterness in Aurelius' tone at the mention of his former herd land. "You would still be there had you and yours won the invasion." She reminded him. "There is no one to blame for your loss but yourself and your herd." The Goddess replied with ease, the look in her silver eyes suggesting that it would be best for him to not argue with her on that matter.

The violet and silver goddess listened as the small steed explained his decision on why he chose a wolverine and not a bear. "If you desire to be a wolverine then you shall become a wolverine." She said moments after he had fallen silent. "But since you are so adamant and claim that they take on opponents three times their size you will fight not one but three of them simultaneously. The injuries you will sustain cannot be healed by anyone or anything other than the passing of time. Live with the injuries for three weeks then return to me and I will grant you what you desire."

Unregistered

The short one shook his nape, thick tresses dancing around him. “It is you who speak of blame, dear Goddess, not I. Guilty conscience, perhaps?” he spoke, slightly teasing in his tone, a glimmer of humor in his eye that she could not possibly miss. Best not step around in it any further or he sensed he would feel the consequences. When she spoke again, his briefly lightened mood was back to its old, gloomy self. Alas, he had not expected this to be easy, he did not hold any favors with the gods of these lands, and the magic he requested was no minor one.

The prospect of fighting three wolverines was not appealing at all and could possibly leave him with severe injuries, and only time would be allowed to heal them. He was only quiet for a moment of thoughtfulness, not hesitation, before he spoke his answer. “If that is your order, then that is how it will be. See you in three weeks, Goddess of the Sky,” he said, no emotion showing through his calm façade. He then turned around and walked away slowly, preparing himself for the pain, for the battle that he must face to reach his goal.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

A small smirk appeared on the Moon Goddess' face when Aurelius suggested that she had a guilty conscience. "No guilt weighs on me, dear Aurelius." The Moon Goddess promised. "Perhaps your bitterness at losing the Edge could be better directed in your tone, especially when speaking to the one whom you're asking for magic. If I wanted I could turn you into a toad instead of a wolverine." The smirk remained in place even as Aurelius agreed to her terms. Without another word mist surrounded the goddess and she disappeared.