the Rift

water lord [earth god]

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all."

The battle-scarred old wardog walks slowly, but not out of stiffness. He's thinking. Thinking of the ocean where he would prefer to be right now. Thinking of his once-bonded. At least here the air smells of salt, mingled with earth and fire and electricity and what Cormac could only imagine as moonlight. Must be the gods' influence. Yes, that must be it. So the battle-scarred stallion continues his climb, thinking over his life.

Cormac sighs through his lips, his broad blaze glowing softly in the moonlight as the stars rise up. They remind him on his last night, the night of fire and explosions and gunfire. Black hooves clatter on the harsh rock, and finally he is at the shrines. The pirate does not bow. If there are gods, they have not saved his rider and they have only gifted him the the ability of not feeling pain, which made him a monster to all but his rider.

"Water god. I need to speak to you." His voice comes across as hard and strong, a warrior's voice. The stallion is careful to keep any anger out of his voice, but neither does he soften it. "Please, lord."

-- Cormac

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin
There was the faint sound like the crash of a wave, and the lava cooled instantly. Water filled the cracks between the rocks and poured over the stone bridge where the unsuspecting stallion stood, waiting and wishing for the presence of a god. It surrounded Cormac and a circle around him, as if threatening to pull him in. Perhaps out of amusement, the God of the Earth formed himself entirely of the liquid, and stood before Cormac a translucent figure. Fish swam in the image of his body, and algae grew at his feet. Water god- ha!

With a shake, the God of the Earth dispelled the magic and stood whole again. He looked down upon the polite stallion, watched him with warm eyes, and then spoke. "It has been quite some time since anyone has called me Water God," he began jovially, flicking his tail and with it tossing drops across the earth. "Tell me, why have you come here?"

Unregistered

Cormac cannot decide to be gleefully happy or stunned as the heat escaped, the lava cooled to a thick sludge that barely moved. Glistening water poured out of cracks in the molten black rocks, slithering into a circle around the stallion. The wardog snorted, shifting into a battle-ready stance, reminded heavily by the circling water of a twisting viper. But no. A form did rise out of the water, a huge body of translucent water. Fish, silver-scaled and bug-eyed, swam within the body. Green algae clung to the feet of the ethereal being.

The form shook. Cormac tensed, prepared to be soaked by cold, but the Water God simply solidified into a creature of earth, eyes of green. He was massive being, a truly immortal one, but still Cormac did not bow. Perhaps the god could read his mind, read his shifting turmoil between relief and dislike and like. Perhaps the god knew of Cormac's distrust of him for the death of his bonded. Perhaps not.

"Lord." Cormac's predatory golden eyes rested onto the Earth God's. His voice was smooth, deep, with a slight rough edge to it. "My liege, I have come to ask if I may communicate to water and speak to it, perhaps persuade it. I understand you may have some job for me to do. Magic does not come without a price." Yes, the stallion knew of the price many had to pay for their gifts.

-- Cormac

Helovian Ancient
Admin
Kind as he was, the constant visits had worn on him some. He certainly wouldn't snap, he was thankful for Cormac's straightforward request. In times like these, with so much to do, it was important he gets these matters out of the way. The eclipse had concerned him, and he feared that a family gathering was in order to sort it all out.

So with a heavy sigh he turned to look down upon the distrustful stallion. He seemed familiar with the process, but bitter as well. As if once upon some tragic day it had all turned wrong. Curious- but not curious enough to dwell on. "I appreciate the formalities, but they should be reserved for a truly pious soul," the Earth God commented somewhat sorely. His wisdom brought him to conclusions quickly, even negative ones, and they weren't to be dismissed entirely. "But for your patience and understanding, you will be rewarded in time. First, however," the god spoke as water pooled at his feet and reached out hungrily for the stallion, "you must learn the ways of the water." The liquid rushed towards Cormac, coating him and soaking the flesh around his neck. "Should you truly desire this magic, for the rest of Birdsong, you may live only beneath the waves; only upon the final day will you step onto land once more, at which point you may return to me for your prize." Should he agree, the transformation would occur. The water glittered and shifted, as if eager to do its work.

[[If he accepts, Cormac will get gills and webbing between some of his legs that will allow him to live underwater for the season. If you look at the map you have all territories on the shoreline as well as those along the river to play with. He can lift his head above water to speak to others, he just can't leave it.]]

Unregistered

Cormac waited in silence for his answer, to be answered by a deep sigh. The scarred stallion did not respond to the Earth God's comment, for he was a god, and would be treated as one. But then he does respond- "You are a god, lord, and you should be treated like one."

The god's next words brought water swirling up, encasing the stallion in a thin sheet of translucent cold. For a moment, Cormac is stricken with fear, before his tense muscles relax. The cold seeps into his neck, and the stallion knows he is wet, but strangely feels dry. It's a bizarre feeling. Wet as he is, he keeps his tongue smooth, and answers with quiet thanks. "As it should be Lord." Muscles tighten in preparation for magic to begin work upon him.

[[Cormac accepts :) ]]

-- Cormac

Helovian Ancient
Admin
With no more than a slight nod and a murmur to the waters around him, the Earth God began his work. He hummed a light tune and the liquid responded, shifting and swirling about Cormac's figure and diving into the flesh. The transformation was not terribly painful, but discomfort was unavoidable as gills formed at the base of the neck and faint, thin sheets of webbing grew from Cormac's hooves to his underbelly. The tail of the horse condensed, looking more like a fin or a paddle than anything else. The God of the Earth wasn't about to leave him unprepared for his new venture.

With water still bubbling at the stallion's veins to keep him alive, the God of the Earth completed his work. Water from the ocean rushed to greet them on their stone platform, and the god smiled lightly. "You may take your first step into these waters, I will love the tide and bring you to safety. Learn well, young Cormac, and do not forget what you see."

The god stood in wait for the stallion's motion. As soon as his hoof pressed into the water the Earth God would vanish, returning the water to the sea in a sudden rush and bringing life back to the lava of the veins.