the Rift

Hieracium aurantiacum

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
For the Sun God. In a twisting column of fire, she is suddenly there, the epitome of youth: wobbly-kneed and dewy-eyed. Delicately chiseled head, seemingly sculpted from the palest slab of marble, twists to side, exploring the surroundings with a flick of sanguine eyes. Loorien seems to have assumed a charred mantle with incandescent blue liquid-fire bubbling from between the faults. She finds herself panting, fragile chest heaving - sweat begins to dribble. Is this where father lives? She wonders what mother would say if she found out her daughter was here - Smoke rarely spoke of her father, and if she did, it was in a bitter tone, one which suggested that things weren't really all that it seemed. Moodily, a cloven hoof pawed at the blackened rind of the earth, its gold color catching the light in metallic glints. With a deep breath, she let the muggy hot air enter her lungs; it sat in her lungs like lead bullets, and she sputtered, unused to such stagnant air.

What if Father saw her like this - would he be ashamed of such a heathen daughter? She swiftly corrects her stance to one of dignity, wings tucked neatly onto her fluttering sides. Israfel begins to walk, hooves clacking on the surface like cobblestone. "Father?", the girl calls, noticing the three shrines in the center of the island she was moving towards. With an air of uncertainty, she eyes them, the strange blue light glinting off her eyes. "It's me, Israfel," her voice sounds pathetically childish, like a kitten mewling for its favorite nipple.

Pink-rimmed mouth folds into a pout as she approaches the shrines - or more specifically, her father's shrine.

(Israfel would like the ability to turn any allotment of her body into solid fire. :D)

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun had not heard his daughter's voice in some time, and he assume that the babe's mother would not want to see him either. He had used the mare; he readily admitted that fact. Something about seeing the righteous and almighty fall beneath his might had been most satisfying, and he would not be the only one of his kin without a powerful being on the ground. However, the fact that his powerful little child was living in the land of his sister irked him greatly, and that would have to change. Perhaps not now.

He appeared, not in a pillar of glory, but a beam of light. Better not to scare the child if he wanted her on his side at some point, for war was imminent; it hung on the air like a thick fog, always. When he appeared, he tucked his wings to his sides and looked down at the filly, impressed with how she was growing; she was indeed lovely, and that would work to her advantage. "Hello, little daughter," he rumbled, lowering his muzzle to gently tousle her fuzzy forelock.

The stallion then looked down at her with open eyes (well, as much as possible), and smiled. "What is it you need, Israfel?"

CREDITS

Hidden Account
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
She is not alone for long, and her father's warmth spread through the humid air like the softest of breaths. A smile, wide and toothy, spreads on her face; her sire, her king, her idol, stands before her in the flesh, gallant and tall and immeasurably beautiful. Vaguely, Israfel wonders why mother rarely speaks of him and, she assumes, would not stand to meet him, if he is so handsome and kind and - the questions vanish instantly before her vermilion eyes as she leans into his welcome touch, feeling warm and whole as his nose brushes through her pale forelock. Heat grows in her belly, expanding with every breath she takes, crisp and warm from the presence of her sire. I need you, she desperately wants to say, but bites her tongue in fear of appearing stupid and ignorant. He is a god, after all, and has much more important things to do than attend to his whining babe and instead, she glances upward to him, suddenly dizzy with love and affection. "I've missed you," the girl murmurs, as if she had met him in the first place. No, she thinks, he's been with me all along. She craves to bury her head in his powerful golden chest, to feel the sun's heat.

What do you want? His voice vibrates through every fiber of her being, and the only answer she can dispense is you.

A thousand possibilities traipse through her mind, drowning her desire in a tide of flames and light. She knows how it is to be consumed by fire, to produce it from her raw bones, but she does not know how to be fire, to feel your very atoms billow with the fire's ancient dance. Israfel hopes to not come off as greedy to her darling father, and something odd sparkles at the edge of her eyes. I want this, it says, reflecting the ageless grace of her father's face, but it's not what I really want. She shrugs the feeling off, discounting it for hours and hours spent alone, contemplating how tragic her life must be without a father, only to realize he was with her anyway. "Can I.. become fire?", she asks, a slight tremor in her high, girlish voice. Maybe he will understand. Her pink lip twitches slightly, and her wide eyes widen to further take him in - he is truly everything she dreamed and desired him to be, and much more.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The blind and foolish devotion she showed him was surprising, and he furrowed his brows while his face was hidden from her eyes, muzzle pressed to her forelock. How could she miss him? He had barely ever seen her, not wanting to run in to her mother again. Now that he looked, though, the child's mother was barely around, having abandoned their child. She would pay, for leaving his daughter all by herself in a strange herd, and he felt strange fingers of protectiveness curling around his gut. Was that love? He honestly doubted that emotion was so wholly angry and jealous, so he dismissed the thought entirely.

When she asked to become fire, he laughed a little, and shook his head. "You can already do that Isra, feel," he murmured. Using his light to bring out her own power, he turned her into a pillar of flame and she appeared at his side instead of directly in front of him. The golden eyed stallion curved his neck down then, and he smiled. "Anytime you want to travel without flight, to appear anywhere, instantly, all you have to do is summon that feeling of fire, and you will be where you imagine." He told her this quietly, in a gentle way. He had to appear perfect, to the child. She would be his weapon. "Or do you mean at will?" he questioned curiously, wondering what exactly she wanted if she could already travel instantly around Helovia.

CREDITS

Hidden Account
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
"I know", she responds sweetly, a smile piquing at her pink lips at his laugh, but suddenly, she feels light flood through her body, fire expanding from her marrow. It is a familiar sensation, as if she is burning from the inside. The fire radiates outward, and Israfel can only manage a strangled cry before being whisked away, and when she opens her eyes, she is beside Father and he is watching her, handsome and golden as ever. His voice is gentle and deep in her pale ears, and she tilts them backward. "At will", she replies, the blue liquid flame surrounding them glittering in her big vermilion eyes. "To be made of fire," a big smile skims back flushed pink lips; she loves telling stories. "So I become the fire, and the fire is me." Israfel quirks her head, watching him quietly. So many questions bubble at her mind, but she is so, so afraid to appear the idiot before her god-father. A stale wind rolls through the Veins, sending hot air against her skin.

She recalls a story her mother once told her, of Loorien's birth. A crown creases her lovely youthful face like a passing cloud on a clear day. "Did you make the world?" she wonders aloud, eyes flicking toward the scorched earth beneath them, tracing the parched cracks.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The Sun God chuckled with good nature when she screeched and the appeared right back at his side, fire turning into her form. He smiled kindly and looked at her with open eyes, waiting for her to speak. She was rather literate for such a small child; perhaps the mare who raised her did something right. Or, perhaps the herd in which she resided to a better job. Either way, he knew that the filly needed to trust him even moreso than the wench who birthed her. When the filly needed aide or guidance, she needed to run to him/ The Sun God would not lead her into harm, but to glory.

With a kind smile, he nodded. "Ah, you want to truly be fire then, my little girl?" he asked. "To be fire is glorious and dangerous, wild and uncontrolled. I find that rather fitting for someone as independent as you, yes?" he asked rhetorically. The God of the Sun then waited, for she seemed to have something on her mind. If he were to give his daughter such a power without work, they would cast him out again, and he could not have that happen - not when Israfel was at such an impressionable age.

She asked him about the creation of the world then, and he paused, the kind smile falling from his face, replaced by confusion. The stallion smiled out of one side of his mouth, remembering when they came upon this desolate place, void of life. "My siblings and I created Helovia," he said quietly. "The globe existed before I existed. We do not know how it came to be, why, or even where. This land, however, we forged for ourselves, for we were born of intangible matter, unlike you." He chuckled. "It is all rather difficult to explain, but when you are as old as I am, time seems irrelevant. I have been here for a very, very long time, even longer than Helovia itself."

The God of the Sun wondered if she would remember that? Children had a funny way of forgetting. "Back to the matter at hand, though. Turning into fire." He leaned down to gaze into her eyes, a smile on his lips. "Everything in life must be earned. Nothing is free. Were the world different, it would not be half as interesting, so I would not lose sleep over the rather decomposed state of morality." He let out a breath, realizing that he was speaking much too much. "Turning into fire is a dangerous game, so you need to bring me a few items to make it safer. I need an amulet of my making, a feather of a zephyr, and a blood stone from the bottom of the pool in the Deep Forest."

[OOC: If you cannot get the zephyr feather from a player, you are welcome to request an RE :) ]

CREDITS