the Rift

Runaway Love, Runaway

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
She ran. Hooves pounded into the dirt in a rapid beat. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. Cuts, scrapes and bruises cover the young fem's slender body. A sweaty lather covered her coat. The red roan darkend by the sweat. It seemed the only part not darker than normal was the white blanket upon her rear. All she knew was she had to run, to runaway and never come back. With a snort the two year old slowed her pace, unable to keep the running up for much longer. Her breathing was ragged and short.

Kiara had done as her mother had told her. She had run away. Away from the cruel stallion that had claimed her mother as his mate. Little did he know that she had already been claimed before, two years before. See the land she runs from is a land where mares are not equal to stallions. Many times mares, don't know who chooses them. Kiara's mother didn't even know her father's name. Well when the current stallion found out Rosalie, her mother, had a daughter... Well the much older stallion's interest turned from the willing Rosalie to her not ready daughter. The odds were in Kiara's favor, as her mother learned of her former claimer's plan to take her daughter. "Runaway Love, Runaway and don't come back. It for your own safety. Now GO!" Her mother's words echoed in her mind.

The young fem staggered on, desperate to keep moving. The heat however and the fact she had been running for days had taken it's toll on her body. With a sudden THUMP she hit the dirt below, unable to take another step without some rest. Green eyes looked around, even as she lay on the ground. She longed to close them, but knew it was not safe until she put more distance between herself and the one who had beaten her.... or found a safe place to call home

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Roaming eyes could search all they liked; it was unlikely they would settle upon the shimmering, fuzzy image of the little shadow that stalked the Threshold. A golden ray of sunlight – or was it a dragon? – filtered through the canopy above, darting this way and that. It was indeed a dragon, a queenly one at that, golden as the sun’s surface, glittering brighter than a sparkling crystal. The creature was bonded to the shadow-mare, by a link than ran deeper than even the ties blood could offer, a bond that combined their very souls and minds.

The collapse of the exhausted belle were noticed, particularly by the dragon, who created a worried song as she flew above the roaning filly’s stance. Motions were made, a little ways away, by a dark smudge of a mare, it was difficult to know however – if one did manage to focus upon it for more than a second, they might think it was merely a trick of the sun’s heat, and continue on with their life. But it was a living, breathing creature who orchestrated this magic, this magic that defined her, just as her bond with her dragon did.

A smooth melody was hummed from the maw of the mistress, as she crept closer to the youthful femme. The shimmering veil fell away from her, and as she approached it was as if she were pulling herself directly from the shadows of the surrounding forest. The Threshold was a comfortable realm, for this mare enjoyed forests, but it was too close to the outskirts, too near to the part where Helovia became undefined and the wilds of the outside world more dominant over one’s existence. Warm, honey-gold eyes peered out from beneath silken tendrils of the charred mare’s forelock, a kind gaze held within them, though very little else was expressed by this devious little mare.

“I mean you no harm.” Her voice articulated, careful tones chosen as she approached the tired belle. Charred tiara lowered, her soft, plush muzzle extended in ofference of a comforting nudge – it was up to the youth to accept it however. “Sleep, if you must, you are safe under my watch.” The mare encouraged, soothing melodies accentuating her exotic way of speaking. “I am Mirage, my golden friend is Akaith; we will watch over you.” Just as Mirage had needed her friends to watch over her when harm struck her path, she extended the kindness that hid behind her usually hardened exterior to this helpless femme, hoping she would grace her ears with words that would help her identify her.

“When you are ready, rise, and we can travel to less hostile grounds.” Nodding, the mare still encouraged the youthful mare to rest some, or else her energy would be sapped from her altogether.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Ears flickered back and forth, listening. She knew what to listen for after her last run in with the one chasing her. He was not quiet in approching, which gave the young dove the advantage. The birds were still chirpping, she could hear a slight wind russeling leaves. Not enough of a wind to cool the tired fem. The sounds had Kiara focusing. She had to stay awake... She had to... Her eyes slowly started to drift shut when she focred hersefl to wake back up. This cycle happened two or three more times before the words of a suddenly appearing ebon fem were heard "I mean you no harm" Kiara about jumped out of her skin. Green eyes locked on to the figure before her, taking her in. She hesitantly reached out, accepting the kind nudge. “Sleep, if you must, you are safe under my watch.” Oh how the thought of sleep sounded so enticing. But no... No... She must keep moving. “I am Mirage, my golden friend is Akaith; we will watch over you.” It was only then she noticed the strange lizard like creature.

Kiara stared at the dragon in awe. Never before had she seen such a creature..... She almost lost her focus of the woods around her. “When you are ready, rise, and we can travel to less hostile grounds.” At those words she forced herself to stand. Less hostile.... That meant these woods were not safe... Not a place to rest, not yet. Kiara looked to the black fem with her strange golden friend and finally spoke "I am Kiara.... I must keep moving.... Must get somewhere safe...." Once she was safe... only then would she worry about eating and drinking. She slowly, staggering slightly stepped closer to the one that call herself Mirage.... For now Kiara knew she needed to trust her. After all no mare had ever harmed her. As long as the stallions stayed away...

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Mirage watched the mare, carefully, assessing whether she was ready to rise – in all honesty, the little shadow thought it best that the belle lay and rest for a minute more, she was not in immediate danger, at least the charred flicka could not detect any. But the mare had spirit, rousing herself, Mirage stepped closer, her sturdy frame easily being available to lean upon. Scout ahead, Akaith. The quiet request was made, though it hardly needed to –the dragon was already in the air, checking that the vicinity was safe.

“Lean upon me, and let us walk, you can rest at the Thistle Meadow. I am here.” She reassured the belle, not knowing whether her speech was even having an effect, positive or negative.

[will continue on in a thread in the Thistle Meadow]