the Rift

A Heart, Princess, and Slave (Sno, Bacchus)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

The cold was wearing off, but it was still as cold as it had been all winter in the Frostbreath Steppe. The winter stallion knew this, and it didn’t bother him as much since he was used to the cold. He felt the wind change around him several times, felt the light snow that was falling hit his lightened coat and melt as it touched his skin. The winter would not last much longer, not now that the Sun God had returned. The season had already started to change, and there were little things that have showed the change. The ground had gotten softer, but not soft enough to get mud. The plants has started to grow again, even if their growth was slow with little nutrients, water, and sunlight. And the sun was starting to shine much more than usual. All these things pointed to spring. This was a bittersweet time for him, knowing that the memories of his past would melt with the snow until another year, and that they wouldn’t bother him so profoundly until the next winter. The memories were sad, filled with death, but also filled with happiness, as the beginnings of his life unfolded before him. He had always been stuck in the past in the winter, and he would always be like that, no matter what was happening in the present. He looked around, hoping to find a soul that was in this icy desert wasteland, someone that new the winter and it’s harm and beauty. Would he find such a horse? Maybe, in due time.
Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
image by jouste @ flickr.com</style>

Mechanical whirring punctuated the ice princess' careful steps as she strode through the wasteland that her father had chosen to be their home after their previous one was taken from them. She snorted in disgust, her breath fogging the air before her. Funny how he was no where in sight now when they were all outcasted and living hand to mouth. Where was he? She could only suspect that he was somewhere else nurturing another baby mama and raising another family. Funny how he ran away just like her mother had. Just like she had. Some traits just ran in the family.

Somewhere behind her she assumed Rapha was following. He knew better than to leave and wander off on his own without permission. She beat it into his head quite often about the others that could take him. The horrible things they would do to him. Having her as an owner was a blessing and she made sure he knew it.

Really, she wasn't so bad. She allowed him to eat, sleep, and drink. The only time he had to work was when she wanted something. Lucky for him the ice princess was fairly self sufficient, thanks to her jackal of a mother.

The princess took notice of the white and red stallion some distance ahead. Her head raised and her posture straightened as she began to carry herself in a more regal manner. The metal wolf growled mechanically, a warning to the stallion that no mischief or disrespect would be tolerated. "Hello." Snö said, her head inclining farther so that the sun glinted off of her frosted horn. "Who are you?"

snö.   </style>
& when she whispers, your blood shall run cold.</style>

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

BACCHUS
the good guys never win

Where Snö went, Bacchus went, as had become common knowledge throughout the ex-Edge. They were a pair, despite only having a slave-master relationship. Or perhaps it did extend beyond that, at least for Rapha. Rapha loved Snö. Lady Snö, Princess Snö, the glorious Snö- all titles that ran through his head at the very thought of his lovely Lady Snö. Of course, Psyche had perhaps even more respect, for carrying Snö and mothering her, but more respect did not mean more obedience. No, Bacchus' obedience was firmly for Snö and only for Snö. So there he went trotting after Tarak and his master.

Normally, there wasn't much for him to do. He slept near her, he ate near her, he drank near here, sustained himself, but rarely did Snö ever require anything of him. Already she had a special possession- Tarak. And now Rapha, as Snö had named him. It was a crisp day today, one of the colder days that made Rapha shiver and wish he could cuddle up close to somehorse. But no-one would go near him, not one unicorn, except for a foal or two. Rapha's hate of foals soon ensured that nobody liked him. Yes, they might be proud of Snö, for receiving a slave at such a young age, and a few might try to sneak him, make him their own, but Rapha was terrified of them.

Snö had well and truly taught him of the terrible deeds they would do the dun, and so Rapha avoided them at all costs. The slave halted on Snö's right, behind her, head low and eyes down, carefully keeping himself apart from her and the mighty unicorn she was speaking to. Unicorns. They were the most glorious creatures of Helovia.

""

[Image: bacchus_by_ladyfey-d5jbta3.png]

Hidden Account
teeroo

He turned around to hear a growl approach his whitened ears. He saw a dog of some sort, and knew that was where the growl had come from. But wait; there was something wrong with him. Is, he made of metal? Well that’s strange. The canine was indeed made of metal. What a strange being. Words then hit his ears, as he hadn’t noticed the two horses behind him. One was unicorn mare of color that slightly matched the snow like his, but it had hints of chestnut in it. Her horn was covered with frost, and it glistened in the sun above the Steppe. The other was a dun horse that the stallion had seen before. He hadn’t gotten the chance to talk to him because he had run off, but he was here now at least.
“Hello. Who are you?” The mare spoke to him first. Her voice was sweet, but there was something wrong once again. It sounded…familiar. Very familiar. He looked her over. She looked very familiar too. There was just something about her that screamed knowledge, yet he had none. No wanting to be rude he nodded in greeting.
“Hello. My name is Valentine.” Looking between the three of them he uttered his own questions. “Who might you three be? If I may, is that wolf…made of metal?”

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

ali

Valentine. The stallion's name sounded vaguely familiar, perhaps she had heard some mention of him once before. Either way, she could not remember him clearly so he obviously could not be of very much importance or she would have. Her white tail flicked lazily as she stood looking at the white and red stallion as he asked his own questions.

Had she told him he could ask questions?

"I am Snö." She said, sighing wearily after. "He is Tarak and he is my slave, Rapha." So don't even think about taking him for your own. The look in her eyes said after she had finished introducing them. His next question made the ice princess look at the stallion as if he were stupid.

"Yes. He is." Came her answer. "That is why he does not have fur and shines when the sun beats down on him." The metal wolf growled, echoing the princess' annoyance at what she thought was a stupid question. "His bite is far worse than his growl."

snö.   </style>

Unregistered

BACCHUS
the good guys never win

So this stallion was named Valentine? Rapha was reminded faintly of a celebration of love from the times of Prisporian Proper. Of course, he hadn't been able to take part. In that respect, he considered himself lucky, for slaves worked long hours creating the festivities, baby-sitting (ugh!), serving, pulling chariots (it was awful pulling one of your own kind, even if they were unicorns). The stallion shuffled his hooves, uncomfortable being near another unicorn. Snö was one thing- but he was one of the others. A possible tormentor, poisoner, torturer, beater, hater.

Without anything to say, Bacchus remained quiet, watching Valentine through mostly vacant eyes. The white stallion was just another being to serve, if he were to gain Snö's good wishes. If not, Bacchus would still have to remain apart from him, maybe listen to Snö speak to him or rage to him, but probably not. This Valentine would just be another face.

""

Hidden Account
teeroo

Well, she’s nice. Her wolf was interesting, but he was far from afraid of it. It was a metal wolf. The thing wasn’t real, why should he be scared? Still, it was something that stole his attention. A wolf made of metal. Something he had never seen before, and it was almost disturbing to him. He wondered if he took it apart, would he find cogs and springs? Or something more, like organs, muscle, and bone? He looked at the slave, amused. He felt bad for the poor equine…almost. He was an equine, and he deserved it.
“I’m afraid I don’t want your slave. I can do things myself, without help. I'm independent like that, and I take that with pride. And I apologize, my curiosity sometimes gets the best of me.” He knew that was an insult, but he didn’t care. He suddenly wasn’t in a good feeling mood with the mare. He could tell she was young, and she was rude too. What’s with younglings today in this day and age? Shouldn't they know what this thing called respect it? My there is a special reason why she doesn't. He shook his head, clearing his mind. “Are you headed to or are apart of the newly established Aurora Basin? I am part of it, but I have yet to see you there. Once again, excuse my curiosity.” He looked at the mare, ready for her to have a smart ass comment back. He wondered if the slave would say something to him. He waited, laughing in his head.

(Sorry, really crappy post. I didn’t know what to say…so sorry :/ )

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

ali

Snö only looked half interested at the stallion's comment about how he did not need a slave because he was independent and could do everything on his own. "Is that so?" She asked, clearly unimpressed by his words. "Or maybe it's because you are not capable of taking a slave for your own and so you must do everything for yourself. A pity." She flicked her tail. "Curiosity, it may be, but you've heard the saying haven't you? Curiosity killed the cat. The cat could easily be changed to unicorn." An offhanded threat? Perhaps. A warning of sorts? Maybe so. She would just let Valentine take it how he wanted.

Valentine's next question did not particularly deserve a sarcastic answer, but the young mare was already annoyed by his previous stupid question and the smart ass answer he'd given in response to her slave."I am already part of the Aurora Basin herd." She said. "Why would I not be when my mother is the one leading it?" While Snö still did not have the greatest relationship with either of her parents at the moment maybe knowing she came from royalty would shut Valentine's sarcastic answers up.

ooc:// i don't think the basin was established when the thread was started, but because it's been going on for so long i'm okay with it if you are.

snö.   </style>

Hidden Account
teeroo
(OCC: Yeah, we can just leave it as it is, we've established what we needed, thank you!)

Unregistered

BACCHUS
the good guys never win

He shifts uncomfortably, unused to being so protected and shelter, or being spoken about. The pony feels it unnatural, this, and his ears flatten for a moment as Valentine speaks breezily of independence. Only a unicorn without a slave would be so off-handed about it! Surely he was not serious. Or maybe it was as Snö put it- he was too weak to have the presence of a slave behind him.

Rapha flicks his tail, copying Snö's moves without realizing it, mimicking politely. He wondered if Snö was really talking truth about the analogy of curiosity killing the cat- but didn't cats have nine lives? Wouldn't it be, then, impossible to kill the cat? That's what the slave thinks anyways, but he keeps his mouth firmly sealed. He would not waste punishments on speaking out of place, especially not on this gilded stallion.

The wind is cold and crisp on his skin as he watches the two unicorns, a commentator without a voice, in a quiet reverence. How he longs to have a horn, a sword from his skull.

""