the Rift

Chasing the Rapture

Ecco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ecco
We’re Comfortable Killers

There was silence all around. No birds singing from their tree perches, no small animals skittering through the underbrush of the forest, no animals of any kind. It was as if they were frightened, these forest dwellers, remaining in hiding as the lone figure crept silently through the brush, waiting for the moment he had passed to safely venture from their homes. Perhaps it was better that way. They didn’t deserve to be in his presence anyway, these lesser creatures

The sun had only recently raised into the air, the bright rays warming the chilly night and chasing away the shadows that lurked in the forest. Winter had just ended, and although the weather had warmed considerably over the last couple of days, the nights still held a wintry chill that was hard to for the world to shake. The chill, however, did not bother the silvered creature that sauntered through the forest, cerulean horn poised high towards the heavens. Perhaps if he were the poetic type, which he certainly wasn’t, the stag would make a comment how the chill did nothing to bother his frozen heart. Since he was far from a poet, however, he merely continued on his way.

Stopping in his place a few minutes later, the Unicorn lowered his head to the ground, nostrils breathing in the scents lingering upon the forest floor. Animals of all kinds had crossed this path, but one scent stuck out among the rest. Equines. Be they horses, Unicorns, or Pegasus, however, the Andalusian stallion couldn’t tell. Lifting his head once more, he tossed his grey and beige mane from his eyes, icy orbs taking in the area around him. If there were others like himself, he would gladly meet them… But if any horses of Pegasi crossed his path, he would send them on their way.

Ecco would not spend time with those lesser than those of his fine blood.

The silver dappled stallion huffed, his broad chest expanding as he took in air. What was here for him, anyway? What had drawn him into this land? Oh, yes… Those tree-hugging optimists of the land beyond had disgusted him enough to venture onwards, intending to find those with his likeliness, believing that Unicorns were the superior species. Those were the ones he wished to find.

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

With no pun intended, the appearance of the new God in Frostbreath had sparked a new sort of life into the unicorns calling it home. The God of the Spark had lead them to a new land that was all theirs, and it was with that land that they would flourish, ready to take on whatever was to come next. The Plague was ever so slowly growing to a healthy size, and on this day, Crowley intended to add to that number.

The stallion moved with head held high in pride, making his way through the Threshold with only minimal difficulty. With the length of his horns, they had a tendency to catch and rub on the lower hanging branches, but it was more of an annoyance than a hinderance. The scents of many criss-crossed here, leaving Crowley at a loss on which he could follow, or which were even still there. Some had long since left the Threshold, others brand new... But the naked and the winged did not deserve his presence.

And then, he caught the sound of a sharp huff, and immediately the demon allowed for a grin to mar his face. He moved onward, and not a moment later did he spot a pale creature, cerulean horn stretching towards the sky. A quick inspection told Crowley that this one was certainly different than the rest, and that alone was enough to pull him in.

"Unhappy with the turn of seasons, are we?" His words came, sharp sarcasm caught within them. Then, with a chuckle, he spoke again. "My apologies, darling... The name is Crowley. Do you seek solace?"

"Talk Talk Talk"

Unregistered

Ecco

It seemed to take no time before his beloved silence was interrupted.

Turning his head at the sound of a voice, Ecco regarded the stranger with cold and calculating eyes. Who did this stag think he was, interrupting his quiet atmosphere? The dark, brindled body was massive and intimidating, but the thing that set the silvered Unicorn at ease was the two impressive horns protruding from the stallion’s head. They were the same, he and this stranger, and while he wouldn’t let his guard down completely, Ecco did feel better about this sudden arrival. At least it wasn’t some hornless equine…

This brindled creature’s words caused the silvered stallion to bark out a laugh.“Solace?” Ecco responded incredulously, keeping his head held high and horn poised just in case. “What I seek is far from solace, stranger. Unless, of course, you mean the solace from equality, then yes. Solace from those idiots demanding egalitarianism? Yes, I do.” He punctuated his biting words with a harsh stomp of his front right hoof.

Ecco would not reveal his name to this brindled Unicorn, not yet. While they were the same, the dappled grey would only tell his name to those who held the same views as him. If this was some do-goody, tree-hugging, lover to all breeds, than the Andalusian would turn his tail and strut away. Lessers weren’t worth his breath.

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

A laugh escaped the brindled's throat as he listened to the silvered one's words. It seemed this stallion was just as he had been hoping him to be.

"I do not come offering a peaceful home, brother," Crowley spoke, his eyes meeting the other's and taking in the true emotion behind them, "Rather, a place teeming with others like yourself." One mere look into another's eye could speak a thousand words, and with this nameless unicorn before him, what he saw made that smirk come crawling back across his face. Perhaps he coudl do well in the Plague, if Psyche or Elizabeth were willing to give their approval, but the two fearless leaders had gone missing for the time being. If the stallion decided to take him up on his offer, he would have to assure that a close eye was kept upon him until they had returned.

With a flick of his tail, the brindle turned back to the way he had come, throwing a glance back to the other as he began to walk. "If you value supremacy, then I would suggest that you follow me. If not, then be on your way and I will forget you."

"Talk Talk Talk"

Unregistered

Ecco

Ecco listened with a calm sort of physical collection, tilting his head slightly as the brindled stranger explained his reasons and expectations. Even as a youngster the Andalusian had not been around many like himself, except for his parents, but here was another creature who shared his views on Unicorn dominance, offering him a place of respite where he would be surrounded by even more like them… Could this place become a home to him? It was hard to say, but the stallion would give it a shot. Perhaps there was more to this land than he originally thought.

A lazy grin marred the silvered stallion’s muzzle and he tossed his head, horn poised high in a show of superiority. It wasn’t directed at the brindled one, of course, but simply a gesture marking that they were better than any others. Blue eyes watched as the larger Unicorn turned away, seeming to ignore any formal introductions and jump straight into the heart of things, something that Ecco found he appreciated. Formalities were boring, after all…

If you value supremacy, then I would suggest you follow me.

“Very well,” Ecco said in response, nostrils flaring as he took a step to follow after the other stallion, “I’ll follow. You’ve caught my attention.” Lengthening his stride, the Andalusian moved so that he was walking beside the older male. Perhaps now, it wouldn’t hurt to introduce himself. “I’m Ecco.”