the Rift

When Mountains Sing [Ktulu & Ophelia]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

Through the haze of the night a mountain moves.

The trees bow with the guiding of his girth and the soil impacts under the carriage of his hooves. Water wells in every step, nourishing the ground that he impacts. It will bloom even greater in the wake of his presence, for he is not one to destroy without also mending, and this is his season.

Near the pool in the heart of the land the being stops and stoops. His wings unfurl to loose appendages of brown at his side and his beard, now tinged green, sways haggardly from his chin. He exhales in a deep and steady sigh. The recent events in the heavens have left him weary and he wishes it was only the flowers that needed tending in this world that is his garden.

Although in truth, it is a flower that has him wandering these mortal fields. Busy as he may be the God of the Earth is not one to forget.

A stomp of his hoof and the ground is quivering. Another stomp and it is shaking. A third stomp and the ground is alive and humming. A fourth, and the earth itself begins to whisper in his voice.

It carries to two select individuals, the soil calling to them.
"Ktulu...Ophelia...Come."

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
[Image: 50a7eed791df8]

KTULU THE CONSTRICTOR

from adversity, heroes are born

Annoyance and confusion were two things that Ktulu did not deal well with and they were the two emotions at the forefront of her mind. She had not been able to communicate effectively with Eytan since BirdSong had begun. He looked to her for answers to questions she did not know. He could not show her glimpses of what he saw for her to explain or locate who he was following. Whatever was happening it and end needed to be put to it, and quickly.

Her ears twitched at the sound of someone calling to her and her sister. She glanced at Eytan, but he seemed to not have heard it. "Eytan, come." She said as she turned and began to walk. Her instinct guided her to the place where the Earth God stood waiting for her. The last time he had called to her she had ended up carrying his child, which had been a blessing. He had given her someone to love aside from her sister and her parents and he had given her even more when he had given her Eytan.

"Earth God." The dark mare said with a respectful dip of her head. "What can I do for you?" Surely there was a reason that he had sought her out once more.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
O P H E L I A;
Can you save me? From this nothing I've become.

Ophelia was exploring the land anew, still followed by the ever loyal silver dragon. She founds her way into a dark forest where the trees above were just beginning to bud with green. The snow was melted underfoot, leaving the healthy loam and dirt soft beneath her cloven hooves. All of the earthen smells of Birdsong hit her nostrils - the minerals, dirt, fresh grass and new leaves were so strong. Snow had a way of sterilizing all smells - perhaps that was another reason why she loved the frost. She did not know, perhaps it had something to do with a past that was lost to her now.

Two creatures in the distance made an array of colors against the healing landscape, and she watched them for a moment, feeling curiosity grow in her heart. She took a few steps forward, eyes settling on a small bear that the black mare called "Eytan". The mare was beautiful; she had deep, crimson eyes, a sleek, black coat and the whitest mane and tail that she had ever seen. Even the horn upon her brow, already a crown, was crowned itself in crimson. Surely she was royalty, and surely the handsome stallion across from her was her King.

He too was overwhelming in appearance. The stallion was massive with curling horns and large, feathered wigs. One of his hooves must have been the size of her entire jaw, and his green eyes were more vibrant than a lily pad on a river, illuminated by the sun. Then, something happened that she would never expect; the stallion called her name. Ophelia's eyes widened, and she hesitantly stepped forward, bowing to both the god and to her sister, both of whom were unknown to her.

She had known the God of the Earth since she was a child, having gone with Ktulu twice to have her legs fixed. Ophelia was also there with his son was born, having seen the god at the arrival of the colt. And, Ophelia had just visited his shrine on behalf of a strange stallion, asking about crows. Ophelia should have known who he was, but she did not. "You know me?" she asked, brows furrowed in confusion.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

The first sister arrives with her coat of splendid night, marked only with death's shades of pale frost and draining blood. He glances distractedly at the intricate marking on her shoulder, snapped from his reverie at the sound of her voice as she speaks gently towards him. He proffers her a broad smile that seems to make the trees around them swoon and sway.

"Ktulu," he greets warmly, exhaling warm breath towards her in a kind embrace. He found her to be a very capable mortal, exhibiting great intelligence and passion in the ways she cared for the bear, her sister, their son, and now, The Grey.

Before he could speak further the shape of Ophelia approaching caught his eye. green turned upon the multi-colored blue and red and what he saw in there troubled him - he saw almost nothing.

Gone were the worry lines that had embraced the beautiful features of this girl, her hooves nearly dancing on air as the weight of her oppressive mind seemed lifted off her withers. There was a hauntedly lost appearance to her, not more versed on the world then a wet babe, and yet there was a joy in her that he didn't remember seeing in their last encounters.

The God of the Earth was troubled by this.

His own 'brows creased in a furrow of concern as hers had often done when he gazed upon her. Her questioned echoed endlessly in his ears until he shook it away with a great toss of his head. "Ophelia... what has the Sun done to you child?" The Earth sighed. As if the apparent silence of their companions and the mayhem of the eclipse wasn't enough to burden these fragile creatures, they were determined to throw themselves into difficult and dangerous situations all in the name of magic. He could not undo what the Sun had done, lest of all if she took it willingly, but he feared for the absence of her mind and what it would mean for The Grey, and her sister.

Green gaze shifted to the Constrictor, curious if they had yet met in this changed state. He would know pity for their forgotten relationship, but he had not the time for it now, and he had not the patience for the void mind of a girl prized for her recall.

"No matter, you have chosen your path and you must endure, as you well know. I hope what you asked for is worth it... Now I called the both of you here for a reason." Wings flexed with a swirl of dust as the Earth narrowed his gaze upon the sisters. He had limited time to spend here with them tonight when so many other events requested his return to the heavens, he had not a moment to spare on their frivolity.

"I've been watching the movements of your, organization carefully. Such talents would not go unnoticed," he glanced at Ophelia, wondering what talents she had left, "nor unused. I would ask to contract the Grey for a purpose." The Earth God mused for a moment as he began to make this decision. It had been a difficult one at first, but in the end he had come here tonight and he trusted these sisters more than most. He knew they would adhere to the contract and fulfill the deeds adequately. He had considered hiring the Plague as well, but their means were too violent and unpredictable, revenge a taste too strong on the back of their silver tongues.

"There is a flower I have given to the care of a pegasus by the name of Xira. She lives in the Dragon's Throat and is immediately recognizable with her green coat and falcon. Her care of it thus far has been too easy and I fear her not properly challenged for me to gauge her worth." Xira had been far too quiet since her approach to him in the Veins. He could not be sure that she had learned anything from his task unless she was faced with obstacles to overcome. It is only when faced with adversity that true strength, and weakness, can be displayed. "The flower still belongs to me, I do not wish it overly damaged, though its petals may fall. Xira is not to be needlessly harmed." He knew she likely would befall some injures, it was the nature of such events and mortals were so easily damaged.

He paused, anticipating the response from the leaders of the Grey, or rather, the only one that knew anything about it still. If they would accept he'd need them to begin acting quickly, Xira was soon out of time to care for his plant.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
[Image: 50a7eed791df8]

KTULU THE CONSTRICTOR

from adversity, heroes are born

There was not a doubt in Ktulu's mind that the hoof falls that followed her own were that of her beloved sister. Upon turning her head she saw that her assumption was true, but there was something long. Something was different about her pale sister that made Ktulu's heart feel like it skipped a beat out of pure anxiety. There was a lightness to Ophelia's steps that had never been there before, a happiness that shone in her eyes. Tinek, on the other hand, looked like he was miserable.

Dark ears tilted back at Ophelia's questions and crimson eyes narrowed into slits at the Earth God's statement. What had the sun done to her? Eytan watched the entire exchange, noting the anxiety and unhappiness on his bonded's face. "Ek!" he growled before ambling toward the silver. "Ek!" Ktulu's gaze had shifted down to her growling bear before they raised to the Earth God as he began to speak again. As much as she wanted to get to the bottom of everything he had a message and she had to listen to it.

"We will do your bidding, Sir." She replied with a bow to the mighty god. "But I must ask you first why I can no longer communicate efficiently with Eytan." She straightened and looked at the Earth God again, her gaze unwavering as she looked the mighty creature in the eye. "Has our bond been broken? And what happened to my sister?"

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
O P H E L I A;
Can you save me? From this nothing I've become.

The Sun God had taken away her memories, then... She thought on the God of the Earth's words and connected the dots with her first memory: walking from the veins. What had she even asked for? Apparently she was also a part of a group called the Grey, and from what she could glean, they were a more violent sort. Ophelia remained quiet, only listening to the conversation that was running right between her ears. The pieces of her past were beginning to come together in one, terrifying puzzle, and she looked to the black mare when she said something about her sister as well as a broken bond between whom she could only assume was the bear.

Wait, sister? Was she implying that she was her sister? Ophelia watched the mare in front of her more carefully, unable to recall even the faintest idea of who she was. Tinek, sadly, crawled his way over to the bear and curled up near his side, at least knowing that Eytan would remember him. Patiently, he waited and watched his bond mate stand, dumbstruck. Perhaps the black sister would be able to tell Ophelia that he loved her? Quietly, he hoped.

"I will do as you ask," she replied to the Earth God before slowly making her way over to the black mare. They had much to discuss, she felt.

[ooc: short, hawk post :| ugh ]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

The two were surprisingly calm and agreeable, and not for the last time, he was sure, the Earth God was grateful for the clarity of these sisters even in these most murky of times. He bowed his head mildly, his beard swaying as he rested his chin on his chest in thought.

Large ears twisted and turned as their voices fell upon him; the cool edges of his ram horns grazed the tufted tips in a pleasant way. Ktulu's questions were fair, yet no easy answer could be given to her accounting for the small bear that rumbled and ran towards the pale dragon. Troubled as well, the god watched the creatures find comfort with each other.

"From what we know the eclipse in the sky has caused the strain on the bonds, but my siblings and I do not think the bonds have been severed." He could offer her at least that peace of mind, though there were still uncertainties to it. Just how long the eclipse would last and what permanent effects it may have on the mortals and their companions were questions the gods themselves wondered about. Wearily the emerald gaze of the mighty stallion turned towards the heavens, glimpsing the black orb through the canopy of trees. It spun like a dreadful haze in the sky and he regarded it with a frosty displeasure. This was to be his season, where he balanced the light and the dark of the sun and moon, bringing new life to the world that had suffered and endured the agony of frostfall.

Still they suffered though. Continually they endured now.

He shook his head to rid himself of the bitter taste welling on his tongue. He could not let the mortals see how deep his worry ran; what small capability they had to comprehend and discover was weighed enough with their own existence, it certainly would not help to be needlessly plagued by the woes of the divine.

Smiling crookedly the Earth God turned back towards Ktulu, "worry not, we will restore the balance again, as always. As for your sister, it is not my place to speak of her deeds. You will discover soon enough the choices she made, but trust in her that she chose them well and carefully - even if you may not agree with them, you can have faith in her for at least doing that." He smiled more genuinely now to her, exhaling a large bout of warm air and unavoidably, dust as well, in a way of comfort to her.

"I will craft an amulet for either side of your organization as payment for your work once it is completed. For now I must return." The Earth God began to step away from them, chocolate wings unfurling from his sides as he retreated. "Give Hototo my greetings when next you see him," the god smiled and then was gone in a downstroke of his wings, scattered into dirt that crumbled where he stood, no different from the rest in this forest.