the Rift

Begin again. [QUEST RETURN; Sun God]

Viserys Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Time, it healed all wounds, did it not?

At least that is what all the old wives tales and legends of the past alluded to. Perhaps it could heal wounds of pride too, though Viserys remained uncertain. The porcelain stallion stood in the same place he had been once before, poised and frozen in front of the rocky land bridge that led to the Veins of the Gods. Dread and uncertainty ate at his very core, churning in his stomach and sending a shiver of anxiety riddled anticipation up his spine. Despite his determination to regain what was rightfully his, Viserys dreaded returning to face yet another round of the Sun God’s ridicule. But great Kings made sacrifices, and though the thought of being embarrassed and prostrated a second time made him sick, it was a price he was willing to pay.

His steps gained wary confidence as he passed into the heart of the island, fiery, blue molten lava churning and changing beneath his path on the floating stones. For all his bravado, fear remained in the back of the stallions mind, and he tried not to envision the fiery, burning death that awaited any who strayed off the trail before them. He was no stranger to the destruction flames could bring; it was the very core of why he had returned to the Veins in the first place. Resolve gripped him as the volcanic shrine came into view ahead. May the Sun God be willing, Viserys would have his magic again, he would build his army, and the revenge against the impure creatures that had stolen his kingdom and usurped his throne would have their judgment served.

He would burn them all to the ground, every single one.

So much to achieve, and everyday time was wasting. He had laid in hiding long enough, battling with what to do to change his fate. Keahi’s capture had put an unexpected turn of events before him, but idle hands achieved nothing. After deliberating for weeks and allowing his name and face to slide into the distant memory of those who had heard and seen them, the dethroned king had come to the conclusion that returning to ask the Sun God’s favor would be the only way to fix the problem. Though he remained unshakeable and sometimes as petulant as ever in regards to his goal, he was no longer completely ignorant. Humbleness did not suit him well, but he would not make the mistake of dishonoring the Sun God a second time on this visit. Perhaps he was learning.

He came to stand before the shrine of the Sun God, a warm breeze from the air currents flowing over the molten lava blow back his pristine white locks and curl his tail in tangled knots around his hind legs and hocks. Instead of standing ostentatiously as he had before and demanding his way, Viserys bowed, taking one knee and lowering his head in a show of respect and submission- something that went against every grain in his body. It was like asking the sun not to shine.

“Glorious Sun God, I return to ask for your aid.” The white stallion did his best to keep his voice from trembling, though it would be impossible to deny the anxiety that drove him to speak, “My quest has been interrupted, the lady Keahi captured by the enemy. I seek your advice in how to rectify this situation, so that I may continue my quest to regain the magic I have sought for so long”

[OOC: After talking with Cami and Ali, we figure that Viserys will most likely be returned to Keahi's slavery as she is no longer a prisoner, to continue on his original quest to regain his fire magic, or his dragon (I'd assume fire magic, since no companion questing is available right now). If this sounds acceptable we can ignore this thread, or go on with it, or whatever is formal, it doesn't make a difference to me. I am new to Viserys character, so either or is good.]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Without warning a massive ball of flames shot through the air and landed on the ground at Viserys' feet. Flames erupted and shot high into the air, threatening to singe the stallion's muzzle and forelock if he did not move backwards, and quickly. Seconds later the Sun God appeared in another wave of flames. Heat, glorious heat, washed over Viserys as the God glared down at the mortal that stood there with the gall to ask for his help when he had screwed up the simple assignment of being a slave.

"Help?" The God asked. "Your master was captured, was it not within your power to even try to free her? You claim to be a king and yet you are too cowardly to take it upon yourself to rescue Keahi. A cowardly king is a waste." He stood for a moment glaring down at the pale stallion that had come to ask for his advice.

"Obviously you were not too concerned with your quest or Keahi. She has been free for some time now thanks to the Qian's invasion. I will not grant you your magic nor will I give you another quest." The God said simply. "You will return to Keahi's side and you will remain obedient and submissive to her until the start of TallSun."

An extension of his quest would not sit well with Viserys, the God knew, but he did not care. His abandonment of Keahi was inexcusable as was his disregard of even trying to free her. Remaining her slave for longer was a suitable punishment and would serve to entertain the god. "Do not return if you fail again."

CREDITS

Viserys Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Shame. It was a feeling that Viserys was unaccustomed to, something that made his skin crawl and writhe like thecool, slick scales of a snake. He closed his violet eyes against the violent ball of fire that combusted in front of him, blasting him with a wave of radiant heat that made him feel as if his very eyelashses would be singed right off his face as he tried to scramble backwards in a pathetic, clumsy attempt. His forelock smoked and singed as sparks from the flames licked and hissed at him, reappearing in a second blast of searing heat for an encore with the sudden appearance of the Sun God before him.

Viserys cowered at the wrath of the God, taken aback by the divine creatures terrible might. Viserys, who prided himself on his greatness and might, would have died to see himself cowed down and trembling before another being. Yet he was, a ball of trembling, nervous muscle as he listened to the Sun God's blasting words of contempt and scorn, every spoken syllable another lash of embarassment across the stallions already wounded ego.

Viserys would never admit it, nor did he see it himself at all, but pathetic would have been one way to describe him in that moment.

He should have felt guilt at the Sun God's chastising of his abandonment of Keahi, perhaps he should have even been worried for her, but Viserys only felt disappointment and selfish regret for himself that he had not thought to remedy the situation of his own devices. He felt anger and shame that he had been called a coward, something that was deemed unworthy of a king, and unworthy he was not. The heat of the Sun God still causing his skin to glow with uncharacteristic warmth, his singed mane and forelock still smoldering. Viserys again bowed before the mighty God in a show of submission, that he had clearly heard his wishes.

"Your wish is my command," Viserys forced the words of lowly servitude past his teeth that tried to clench in characteristic resentment, "I will return to Keahi, and to her servitude. You will not be disappointed."

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

"I had better not be disappointed again." The Sun God said in warning to Viserys. His eyes glowed with his anger as he glared at the pathetic, trembling, cowardly stallion that dared think himself a worthy king. Whatever kingdom he led would be one that was conquered in record time, the Sun God thought. When that happened he would enjoy watching it.

"If I'm disappointed again I will find you." He promised, his voice becoming unnaturally pleasant. "There is nowhere that you can hide that I won't find you." With the promise made the Sun God disappeared in another swirl of flames that threatened to singe Viserys further.

CREDITS