the Rift

Freeing the prisoners (open)

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily
Everything happened so fast. Lace moved into action, racing forward to begin to fight for the prisoners freedom. Along with him came a golden pegasus who moved to Svetlana's side to aid her. Hazel eyes watched as the familiar frame of Kiara also burst through the trees and under brush. The red road targeted a stallion who had tensed as if ready for the coming fight. Surely they did not think that her family was going to turn around and leave? Her captor's hoof caught her painted pelt, making her wince for only a moment as she moved backward ready to begin her own attack.

It seemed the blood bay had been ready for this as he turned to angle his glass horns to kill her. Oh no you don't! The paint thought dancing even farther away and hopefully out of the bay's reach. After all he should be worrying more about the oncoming blow from her son Aaron who had also revealed his presence and was charging in at her captor like a battering ram. Solstice for now continued to move backward to give both Lace and Aaron the room for their attacks and to make sure neither was attacked from behind.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
everything is held at length

This day had been bound to happen, and she knew it. She couldn't have helped but hope, she would be a bit more prepared, capable of handling the outcome. Why would the odds be in her favor? No, she was pushing her luck with Fajira to the left of her stance, and Lace now revealing himself with a claim for their prisoners. This was not going to be a bed of roses. Faelene held off speaking, there were plenty talking the talk. Did Lace have a real plan of action? There was only so much she could do, on either side of the issue.

Focus, she told herself, making cautious look to the dragon as if waiting for it to snap at her limb. She heard the growl, and hoped she would soon be able to fly. This she backed away, feigning fear of the fire breathing creature. What if she can't fly, Faelene? The question would rise, what would she do then? Ideas flashed through her mind, but grabbing Fajira unless necessary didn't seem like an option. Unless.....she had bigger things to worry about. Who should join the fight, Leander. Yes, he was the icing on the top and more unpredictable than ever. His powers from the demon could hardly be pleasant.Fricking damn it. If they kept the prisoners she would be surprised, though a few of her fellows had quiet wicked magic of their own. All they needed now was for the rest of hell to break loose, and when a palomino, appaloosa equine charged toward Crowley she was sure it had.

Knowing not fully what the stallion was capable of Faelene reacted, charging in front of the scarred unicorn to take the blow, aiming her body toward the shoulder of the young mare to knock into her, take some of her energy. Hoping all the chaos would buy the dragon time, and strike some sense into the filly. Better give a reason for more of the Edge to come out, and accomplish what they came for. All anyone saw was a foolish red haired Unicorn charging toward a more foolish young mare. Surely they would have their own problems.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

From the tree line, it seemed as if Lace had taken charge and thrown himself into the arena, prideful and indignant to those demonic members of the Basin. His voice was taut, as if his vocal had been strung tight within his throat. I knew this was not the time to come barging in, as daft as it were. Though, inside, the fluid fire seemed to build, stretching along my toes and reaching up to claw at my ankles. One hoof lifted before being smashed back to the stony ground, as if the thing had decided to disobey me! Again, the feeling began to swell, molten fury burning into my knees and legs, spiraling up to my shoulders and then my hips. Part of me wanted to scream out, part of me wanted to take Lace’s charge as one of my own, but I refrained. Logic still remained,

Though, as I fought the urge to reveal myself, it became exceedingly difficult. By now, I felt it fuming up and along my back, down my spine and then fueling there before exploding throughout. It felt as if I had lost myself to the red hot passion of a hatred well tended. Everything came lapsing back; Mirage had been stolen from her throne, Solstice, the Foothills leader Svetlana- it was all so overwhelming. Why they had done this never seemed to cross my mind but I knew that they would pay for it, if I had to give my life fin order to have justice fulfilled. One for the many, it only seemed right. However, I wasn’t sure how much longer I could hold out, hiding in the shadows like some ghost who was destined to avoid fate.

A large bloodied stallion took the stage, a haggard representation of the Basin, at that. He spoke in harsh tunes as if all power was his, but a lead he was not. Where was the valuable Psyche when she was needed? Where was their lovely lead when they seemed to need her the most? Oh, had I forgotten? These ignorant fools that claimed so much authority had suffered the loss of their own matriarch. The though made me smile and with this I came forth. Dark eyes were wide and alert, though I did not let anger consume me. My pace was even, if not fluid, the power of such a creature my size brimming from the core and expanding outwards. I recognized Leander from the Threshold and new Sultan to the Throat and something about him made me swell- allies. Friends, or whatever existed between our herds, I was hoping that he had convinced his Sultana to take up sword and fight as well.

But I saw no others and it appeared that he had come after the Foothills lead. Altogether, the Basin members equaled six, but this did not deter me. No matter the number, I would fight if the request was given. I thought about Tamira and the things I would do for her in order to keep her safe, I thought about Mirage and The Edge- they were my family now. I would stop at nothing, give my last breath, to see them all returned safely. It was enough to know that justice was sought and fulfilled, that in these remaining hours or perhaps even seconds before all hell would break loose, that I had given something my all.

When at last it seemed that I had come close enough, I paused, taking my stance a few paces behind Lace. He was seething now, no doubt thirsty for vengeance as he looked upon a fallen, pale, dragon- Fajira. Anger seemed to rise again, though I thought it not possible. I was salivating at the lips like a hungry dog, eager for command to seek and destroy. I was even surprised to find Aaron in our presence, sharing words of adamant animosity as if they had always occurred so naturally. From his lips, the words sounded strange, as if such a young colt were not meant to behold the eyes of glorious war, but I did nothing in the way of stopping him. This was just as much his battle as if was mine.

Now it seemed that there were so many that it was hard to train my eye upon just one Basin recruit; a deep steel colored unicorn who took guard over the pitiful Svetlana, an odd brindled draft with goat-like horns who stood foaming from the mouth ready and eager to fight, a creamy colored mare with a tail resembling a cat’s, and a starless girl dressed in bloodied tresses standing over Lace‘s bonded companion. The latter was a curious sight to see. Each of them seemed to possess a feral countenance about them; they were nothing like the well-kept creatures that resided in The Edge. However, each and every one seemed just as much an individual in their own respect. They had not come together in the name of family- no, they merely congregated for the sake of blood. It was something they thirsted for and ultimately fought for. In our own respect, though slightly outnumbered, The Edge was united, one moving, breathing thing that existed solely in the dignity of the collective. Could these primitive monsters say the same?

As I looked around, the world slowing to a mere crawl, I studied us. Perhaps we were foolish, perhaps we came in disadvantage, but we were here with heart. We did not conform to the racist egos of these naïve barbarians. We had not collected in the respect of hatred. Though, it was a feeling I now knew as it brewed in my stomach and coursed up into my mouth like bile now a scream upon the broken air, announcing my arrival. The battle had begun, I was sure of it and I was not going to lay down and watch like some battered old dog. Around me the world flashed by in increments, images of life, of death and finally the only thing left that I could see- my heart. The red maned mare had been right to fend of Kiara because as I charged in, she left an incredible blind spot in which I took advantage, blowing into the brindled stallion with all my might, hooves flashing out and hoping desperately to connect with his tender side. Fight you coward, or set my family free!

No matter what ensued, we could not give up so easily. I took one last free moment to glace at all of us, throwing down the risk of injury, the risk of death, each of us exchanging one silent vow: we would set the prisoners free.

[ooc: I'm sorry, I just got the muse for this... I hope you guys don't mind I get back in.]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
Time Flies - Time Dies
Truth like a blazing Fire
</style>

"Touch her with that horn, and I'll shatter it for you" Lace snapped in reply to the threat of the Mender, voice revealing the words to be more of a promise than a threat. He was grateful to see that Solstice moved away from the red stallion, hopefully out of reach, but he wouldn't be able to relax until she ran before him across the Frostbreath Steppe. From the corner of his eye he noticed how the Edgers picked their targets and moved in to strike, among them Aaron that bravely - and foolishly - came charging towards the Nightshade. Events were unfolding rapidly now, far beyond his control, and he could only hope that his friends would be sensible enough not to make the situation worse. They didn't need more prisoners, nor would the dead be of any use; they had come to bring Solstice home, and that was it.

"We can settle this the easy way, or the hard way, unicorn" he continued, addressing d'Artagnan once more as he seemed to be the one taking charge. "Release Solstice and Svetlana and we'll leave, no blood will be shed. Don't, and we will bring them back with force. Don't think that you will escape easily, any one of you; we might not equal you in number, but neither of us are so weak that we will loose to those possessed by useless hate."

He really wished that the stallion would just agree. Lace had no wish to see his family suffer and bleed, but he would not settle for less than victory. What did the unicorns want with the mares anyway? Were they so thirsty for blood that they had to torture innocent to slake the desire, had they become so consumed with hate that reason no longer applied to them? The silver stallion was angry, but even in his seething rage he did not hate the inhabitants of Aurora Basin. They had every right to be angry at those who ousted them from a former home, but surely there must be a better way to settle the scores than injury and pain.

Pausing his words to breathe and wait for a reply, the equine steeled himself for the clash that might have to come. He wanted to badly to turn and look for Fajira, but he couldn't; had no room for sentimentality here in this battlefield of minds and bodies. The only thing he could afford was a quick glance toward Solstice and a jerk of the head, meant to tell her to come his way instead of moving further back. If only she could make her way over to them, their chances of success would increase.

If only...

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden