the Rift

A touching heart [Note,Phae]

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
The sweet smell of spring rushed into Levi's nostrils, reminding him of when he was a young colt. A slight flashback played in his head as he saw the Throat in spring for the first time. Spring was one of his favorite seasons flowers were budding, birds chirping, the sweet sound of the slushing river, the rhythmic buzz of the bees, and finally the new ways of Helovia. The luxurious grass seemed to smile at him as the trees around him matched the light lively green color. Lilacs were grown all around the meadows leaving a dramatic affect that made it so beautiful. This meadow looked fake it was so stunning. The way the trees draped over the river and the flowers nestled with the grass it was truly breath taking. Standing almost motionless, he let the meadows speak for themselves over taking his vision. The meadows reflected off his
sparkling orbs as his maw shifted into a slight smile.

Levi gracefully arched his neck as he broke his strides into an extended trot. He enjoyed his new look and pretty much thought he pulled it off. His different colored spots, making him look like an appaloosa, his pure cotton like wings, and finally his glistening halo that circled the crest of his head. He looked like a dashingly handsome angel. Showing this off, he danced around the meadows in his stunning trot, hoping someone would notice. He was sort of glad winter was over or he wouldn’t have gotten this new look. Striking his maw out, he let out a loud nicker as he explored the meadows. His pelt shimmered as the sun lightly warmed him. He was at a comfortable temperature, so he didn’t want to get too hot, but if he did there was a river. Although, the river would be a bit chilly for him to go in now, for it was only the beginning of BirdSong.

His flecks lit up, as the sun blinded his vision. Turning his head, he slowly broke into a walk as his whole direction turned. He throat was sort of parched from all of the trotting. It was hard work trying to look handsome. His gaze turned to the bubbling rivers, as he walked over to grab a sip. Reaching his destination, he lowered his head and stretched his muzzle out towards the cool clean water. It taunted him as he felt the tingling water linger down his throat. Refreshing his parch, he swallowed the water and turned back to look at the meadows. The grullo stallion flickered his tail as the blades of grass tickled his legs. He wondered if anyone had lived here before. Taking a step closer he started wandering again as he let the view lead him to where it wanted him to go.

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
The soft breeze of the wind carried the smell of pollen and simple purity with it as it entwined and played with Note's soft, dark gray mane. He snorted, for the winds of BirdSong were his least favorite. He enjoyed FrostFall, for the cold was enchanting and mysterious to him. He walked slowly up a small hill with his familiar cold gaze.

As swish of flowers and long grass paired with thundering hooves came to his ears, he pulled his head up and came to a halt. He stared at the magnificence of the stallion's trot, watching the new pegasus closely with a slight smile at his blissful arrogance. He took a step towards the stallion, examining him closely. He was a Throat's stallion for sure, he could smell him even though the distance between them was great.

'C'mon, Note, it wouldn't hurt to chat with a pegasus of your own herd,' Note thought to himself as he watched the stallion take a step deeper into the meadow. He sighed, gathering himself up, and cantering down the small hill he had been atop of. He slowed himself down at the bottom, trotting at a brisk pace until he had reached the stallion.

"Hello, friend, my name is Note," He said warmly, stopping a few feet away from the new pegasus.

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Levi had been followed.

After departing from a possessed Leander, Phaedra had wandered waiting for her wings to heal enough to allow flight. The snowstorm that the Sultan had brought down on her, had caused a number of wounds to her large wings; which were now for some reason, shiny and white, rather than tawny and spotted. Dried blood marred the white plumage, dully ruining the angelic visage that she had suddenly acquired. Still, the halo glimmered above her head, sending sparkles drifting down in front of her gaze, every now and then. During her travels, she had spied Levi, and followed him. With the tumble he had taken, it was possible that there was an underlaying condition - something to do with his coordination, or motor skills that caused him to so randomly fall. He certainly seemed alright but...You never know. It also gave Phae a chance to practise her skills as a spy - to be unseen. As she slunk silently behind him, she watched as another pegasus greeted Levi. She figured they must be in the same herd, the Dragon's Throat, that Levi had spoken about previously. Halting, she flickered her ears forward, listening; her flighty instincts telling her that she should remain unseen. After all, she was in no condition to make a quick getaway - flying at this point would surely re-open all of her wounds, and delay the time it would take them to heal. Still, Levi was no threat to her, and if this new stallion was in the same herd as Levi, surely he would have no reason to attack her. She was a pegasus after all, and wasn't that what their herd was all about?

Breaking her cover, Phae stepped out of the foliage into view of the two stallions; moving towards them smoothly and daintily. She appraised the new stallion, noting that their eye colour was nearly the same. She stood a few inches taller than the faded-bay, for she was quite a tall lithe mare. " Hello boys" She said flirtatiously, eyeing Note with interest. Could he be the one for Sohalia...? She thought; only time would tell. But he certainly seemed kind, and handsome. Phae's cool green gaze took in the odd markings on his neck, wondering if he was born that way, or branded by some unnatural deity.

Folding her now-white wings close to her sides, grimacing as the scabs pulled painfully at the new skin underneath, she looked to Levi, who appeared to be right as rain. "Hello Levi. How are you feeling?"

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi's attention was turned to a familiar looking stallion who lingered at his side. Note’s silvery pelt had a touch of light brown, charming kind eyes, and massive wings that complimented his look. "Hello, friend, my name is Note," Levi's orbs flickered at Note's as he stopped to talk to the silvery stallion. "Hello there Note." A smile crept up his maw "You look very familiar, you’re from the Throat right?" Looking at the stallion he knew he was from the Throat. He also had the Throat's scent which slightly filled the air slightly. "Oh sorry, I should introduce myself as well," he inhaled a breath that filled his lungs with fresh air again. "I'm Levi." A clear, kind sound emerged from his throat. A slight breeze approached the two as they stood together talking. Suddenly it hit Levi. Note would be a great suitor for Soholia... could he be the one? Could he be Soholia's prince charming that she had always wanted? “They would make a cute match.” Levi thought. They would make a cute match because his light cream color would complement Soholia’s pure white pelt. They were also pegasi and they would look so cute together. Wait… since when did Levi talk cute or couples. What were these love struck mares minds doing to him?

Levi then spotted the familiar looking beauty… Phaedra

Phaedra looked even more beautiful then he remembered. Now with December affects covered her wings it added a pretty affect to her sooty pelt. A halo circled around her feminine head, as she walked closer. As she appeared clearly, Levi noticed Phaedra wasn’t looking as well as he had thought. Cuts sweltered all over her white wings. Bloodstained and battered her wings looked broken as she also looked weak. Scabs appeared all over her bloodstained wings. “Hello boys.” She flirtatiously said. Levi couldn’t help but stare at her...he was so worried. Phaedra was his friend and he could tell that the creamy colored fae cared for the darkly shaded grullo. Deep down inside Levi, he also cared for Phaedra just as much. He would do just about anything for her and hoped she cared for him like he did for her.

Rushing to her side, all he could do was stare as she kindly asked “Hello Levi. How are you feeling?” She was all cut up and that’s what she was more worried about? She was more worried about Levi then herself? A fear ran down Levi’s spine as he examined these wounds closely. “How am I feeling?” He didn’t mean to sound gruff, but he was so alarmed that she wanted to know how he was even though she was clearly hurt. “Phaedra, I am just fine." He was again stunned by this. “Why would you care about me when you are all battered and bruised…” His voice trailed off “What happened? And the real question is are you okay?” His maw stretched out to meet her muzzle. He was so worried about her… Why would she not call for his help? He was appalled that she didn’t call for any kind of help. If these wounds were from somebody he was going to go and rip them to shreds.

Hidden Account
Note laughed softly at Levi, "Yes, I'm a Throat stallion, it's a pleasure to meet you, Levi. I apologize for not introducing myself sooner," he said, watching Levi's looks carefully.

Out of the corner of his eye, Note could see a mare approaching them. He turned to look at her, flicking his ears up straight up at her. She was quite a site, underneath her tattered wings and healing injuries, he could tell this mare was beautiful. Note snorted at her flirting, amused by her efforts to be herself when she was in such a demolished state. He took a step towards the pegasus, Phaedra, Levi had called her, studying the wounds. He looked up at Phaedra's green gaze as she eyed him. Their eyes were strikingly similar. He pushed the thought out of his mind, turning to Levi as he watched the pegasus fret over Phaedra. 'Something is going on..they both gave me the same look..' Note thought suspiciously, 'just another thing to over think. It's nothing...or did they see my scar?'

Note hastily pressed his right wing closer to his body, looking away from Phaedra and Levi. He would do anything to not let the fellow pegasi see his scar. He was outlandish enough, if they saw his scar, they'd start asking questions, and then, he'd have to explain everything as he had done when he still flew. Now he didn't dare fly around any horses, it saved him time in the long run. He had walked so much of his life, he didn't really miss the 'thrill' of flight.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

As Levi neared, she could see at once that he was once again glad to see her. Genuinely glad, even. In her experience, the stallions who she flirted with, for protection, viewed her as one would view a shiny and valuable object; some diamond perhaps. It was to be touched and held in private, maybe displayed publicly, but there was never an emotional attachment. There never had been, between her or any stallion. Until Tolio perhaps...but that was too complicated to consider now. The odd stirrings she felt in her belly when she was around her friend, were not what she should be considering now. Now, she should be thinking about her quest. Even as she tried to refocus her mind, her gaze drifted to Levi once more, wondering if he truly felt what she thought he did, or if he was merely as good a pretender as she was.

Why would you care about me when you are all battered and bruised…What happened? And the real question is are you okay? Phaedra forced a smile, gritting her teeth as she forced herself to ignore the overwhelming urge to cry. Or maybe scream. It was odd to feel so full of hatred, but so sad at the same time. Stifling this, Phaedra tossed her head, causing bits of shimmer from her odd-halo to reign down around her. "What, this?" She asked, as if her wings didn't bother her at all. She ruffled them slightly, ignoring the shooting pain that she felt. She had heard Note confirm that he too was from the throat. From Leander's herd. Raising her head now, she looked straight from Note, to Levi solemnly. "Let's just say I had the pleasure of running into your great Sultan." Her normally melodic voice was now icy, and hard. She was not fooled by Leander's brave and warm facade; nor was she sympathetic to the demon who was currently possessing him. No...He would take the full blame for his actions. She would insist on it. But now was neither the time, nor the place.

Phae forced her gaze to soften, as a smile spread across her features. "Occupational hazard, really. Nothing I can't handle." She said silkily, now turning her gaze to Note. "I am apart of the mercenary group, The Grey" She clarified, her voice fully returning to its light-flirtatious sound. She had watched Note pull his wings close to his sides, and thought this odd, for he seemed to favour one over the other. But why? With BirdSong finally here, the air was quite warm. He's hiding something... She thought with great interest. Casting a glance towards Levi, she began to move closer to Note. Turning her head, she she narrowed her eyes seductively at the bay. "Levi, you never told me how handsome the other members of the Throat were." She said speaking to Levi, but keeping her green gaze locked on Note. As she passed him, circling him really; she stretched out one of her wings (again, ignoring the pain which etched through it), to draw a gentle line on his right wing, the one he had pulled in tighter to his body. Her touch was light, delicate - the kind which caused goosebumps; or at least, that was her intention. Smirking, she cast a sideways glance to Levi, absently wondering if he was jealous..."I can see why you'd choose to be there" She said to neither of them in particular. What stallion didn't like compliments.

"Tell me Note" She inquired, saying his name sweetly. "Are you single?" In her mind, she too was envisioning the pretty white pegasus mare, Sohalia, standing next to this muted bay. In the back of her mind, she truly wished to find a pegasus for Sohalia, even though she had said she was open to other species. She knew what it was, to want to share the skies with another who was ground-bound, and being unable to do so. Why add strain to love?

Hidden Account
Ava
Phaedra's eyes seemed to hold sorrow as she held his gaze once again. Levi could tell when horses were lying, and Phaedra was sort of a bad liar in this particular day. The way she set that forced smile was not helping her, if she wanted to tell Levi her "real" story. He was starting to think that Phaedra just wanted to lie because she was to embarrassed maybe to tell the truth. Maybe she never told the truth... Levi probably would never find out. She seemed to be all flirtatious at first, but Levi figured that's how she was with all males. A feeling of guilt emerged in his stomach, almost like there was a bottomless pit. He felt like Phaedra might have been using him for her quest... but hey who didn't like being flirted with? That was a true statement in Levi's head.

"Let's just say I had the pleasure of running into your great Sultan." Levi looked at her with bewilderment and anger at the same time. Why would Phaedra say such a thing? Was she trying to cause trouble between our herd? Leander our leader, and not to mention one of the nicest horses Levi has ever met, trying to hurt someone. Levi wouldn’t believe it especially because Phaedra was a mare not to mention. Appalled by this, Levi stomped his hoof to the ground trying not to believe a word she said. But, all of a sudden Phaedra’s words became real to him. Suddenly flash backs of Leander and Levi's spar appeared into his mind. The fear that struck into Levi as he saw a demon like glare in Leander's eyes. The horror that almost made him faint from the evil eye’s that weren’t Leander’s. It seemed to stare into Levi’s soul. His vision turned to Phaedra again as he stared right into her sorrowful eyes. His to were of disappointment, as he couldn’t believe his horror. “Leander’s the one that hurt you?” Levi asked with a bit of sadness. “But, Leander’s not like that. Why would he?”

Levi still cared for Phaedra, even though he didn’t want to believe what she was saying. “Occupational hazard, really. Nothing I can’t handle.” Levi’s kind look took over as he once again examined her wound very closely. They were pretty bad, and he couldn’t believe that this had happened to Phaedra. “Phaedra, I’m not quite sure if your “alright”. Are you sure you don’t want help?”

Taking his focus off of all this stress, he turned his head towards Note "Yes, I'm a Throat stallion, it's a pleasure to meet you, Levi. I apologize for not introducing myself sooner," Levi arched his neck gracefully, bowing to Note. "Please, don't apologize my friend." Levi smiled at Not's kind words. "Note, I am glad you are part of our herd. We are very fortunate to have you with us. And it's a pleasure to meet you as well." A weird feeling crept into Levi. Why was he being so nice? This wasn’t a time for nice. Levi had just found out Leander had injured Phaedra. Was it because Phaedra was around and he didn't want to scare her? Or was he really just starting to... be nice? Shaking his head an anger began to build up into his system as Phaedra had mentioned that Leander had “ran in” to her.

Phaedra turned her flirtatious look towards Note. Circling him Levi stood there watching her as she examined Note. “Levi, you never told me how handsome the other members of the Throat were.” Rolling his eyes, he figured Phaedra was just playing with him. Even though he knew she was, he felt a bit jealous as she seductively talked to Note. This was all part of their plan for Phaedra’s quest and Levi knew it. Levi’s eyes rolled as she was talking, but he knew how to get her right back. “Well, I was going to tell you, but I figured you were so charmed by my handsomeness that you wouldn’t care what others looked like.” Shooting her a smirk “And yes I know I am handsome it runs in our herd as you can tell from Note and I.” Winking at her he stopped his play to as he knew they really needed to get down to business. Soholia was their focus and we needed Note to complete this quest. Note was lucky, because he was going to get an amazing mare in the end. Standing there he, watched as he wanted to see what Note would do.

Hidden Account
A shiver went up Note's spine as Phaedra stroked his wing. He shot her a look of pure hatred, ignoring her flirting. She seemed like that kind of a mare - one that flirts not for love, but for the sheer joy of it. Levi seemed to like her, but Note was skeptical about her. She was far too flirty and almost, manipulative, for his type.

"Tell me Note, are you single?" Phaedra said. He paused for a moment, flicking an ear back at Levi as he spoke of the Throat's stallions' handsomeness. He smiled to himself, Note didn't think of himself as handsome. He was...unique, compared to the horses here, but where he came from, his design was almost just like everyone else's.

He turned to face Phaedra once again, the smile still dancing on his face, "Yes, I am.." he took a step towards her, studying her face with immense curiosity mixed with a little bit of annoyance, "look, Phaedra, I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play, but don't involve me in it if I'm just going to get my heart broken" he hissed, his smile fading, backing away from the mare. He wouldn't let anything like that happen to him.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

But, Leander’s not like that. Why would he? As Levi spoke, Phae felt a pang of an emotion that she didn't feel very often. Betrayal. How could Levi think that she would lie? She hastily bit her lip, to keep from snapping at him. Only moments ago, she had thought his feelings towards her were genuine. Now she very much doubted that. Tolio is the only one you can trust. Her mind reminding her, flooding her memory with visions of the large chestnut stallion; he was like a brother to her. The only one she could truly count on. Mentally, she shamed herself for believing having relationships was worthwhile. As Levi shook his head angrily at the thought of Leander hurting her, she interpreted this at anger directed towards her. Fine. So be it She thought bitterly; ignoring Levi's further questions.

Well, I was going to tell you, but I figured you were so charmed by my handsomeness that you wouldn’t care what others looked like. And yes I know I am handsome it runs in our herd as you can tell from Note and I Phaedra laughed at this; but it was not the silvery delightful sound Levi would have heard from her on the beach. This was colder, more rehearsed. Note thought that she was being manipulative? She wasn't; but she sure would be now.

She observed the slight shiver of Note's body as she caressed his wing with her feather, but was even more surprised by the look of undaunted anger. Interesting she thought, not the slightest bit deterred. The body says yes, but the mind says no....

Yes, I am..look, Phaedra, I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play, but don't involve me in it if I'm just going to get my heart broken Note said, taking a step towards her. Protectively, she raised both of her wings, grimacing noticeably as she did so. Her heart was racing now; she was alone here. She no longer considered Levi to be an ally, to keep her safe. And this stallion? Note seemed confused, even to himself. He shivered, pleasantly she thought, at her touch, yet glared at her. She smiled when she called him handsome, yet judged her prematurely. So, Phae did the only thing she that she did better than seduction: she prepared to run. Her wings were definitely in no shape to fly, but she would be damned if she would let herself be caught. This was all a trap. From the beginning. Sohalia called it fate? I call it a setup. She thought, her mind whirring senselessly.

Taking a step back from Note, she narrowed her gaze icily. The softness which usually adorned her features, was gone. The laughter and flirtation had departed from her gaze. Her body hardened, looking much large with her wings fully outstretched. She had her amulet; they could not injure her by magic, and even with her wings wounded...she could still escape them. She relaxed, only slightly, when Note took a step back. She cast an emotionless look towards Levi, "I only came to make sure that you were alright." Grinding her teeth to keep her composure, she looked back to Note. "And you? Are obviously no match for one as truly perfect as Sohalia. You, who would judge me before even asking my name?". She tossed her head defiantly, still prepared to flee at the smallest sign of aggression.

[OOC: *pets Ava* Sorry! She's a little...flighty about getting too close :( ]

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi knew Phaedra was upset by this... this was exactly what he did not want. Phaedra getting mad, breaking apart from Levi's trust. Really though, Levi would never harm her, nor would Note. Note just told her the truth about how he felt and Phaedra was a bit flirty, but that was her personality. "I only came to make sure that you were alright." Phaedra's look was cold and icy as she glared towards Levi. Levi stepped forwards towards Phaedra's emotionless look. Lowering his head submissively, he somewhat crawled towards her. Stopping at her side, he picked up a blooming flower and softly put it in her mane. Quietly and in a kind tone he said "You know, you remind me of this flower. Beautiful on the inside and outside. You don't trust so easily, just as the flower can't live without the soil that clenches to the ground. Every time something goes wrong, you seem to shut that person out and close up just as a flower droops when it doesn't have sunlight, but over all you are the beautiful flower that lies in the ground that everyone wants to pick." Taking a sigh, he looked into her eyes "Phaedra, there's no need to be mad, please, forgive me. I did not want to get you angry, but this is a huge shock to me as well as you and Note. You know, I actually thought you cared about me... NO ONE in my life has cared for me the way you have. Following me just to make sure that I was okay, and you know what, you are a friend to me. I don't know if you feel the same in return, but that's why I wanted to help you with your quest because I do care about you and I do appreciate everything you have done. You can trust me because I would never hurt you..." Trying to hold back tears, he bit his lip backing up to give her space. He really did like her, she was really important to him and he wasn't the best talker to mares... It never really came that easily to him, so he did the best speech he could to try and reassure her that he was a true friend.

Walking sluggishly back to Note he felt guilt that seemed to eat his stomach. “Note, don’t worry she’s just not used to that. But please, my friend, understand that that is Phaedra’s personality. She is a fiery mare, but has a good heart.” His eyes saddened as he talked about her. Loosing Phaedra’s friendship would be horrible. He couldn’t actually imagine his life without her, but no in that mushy kind of way. He just really cared for her and didn’t want to see her go run off and get hurt. He wanted to love and protect her as long as he could.

“Note, you are a good stallion for Sohalia, don’t worry. I know that you would be good for her, you are very kind and suitable. It might take time for Phaedra to see that, but I feel you are.” He shot a smile towards Note and then looking to Phaedra. He hoped she was okay, he never meant to hurt her. He would never, it was just he could never imagine Leander trying to hurt Phaedra. Bewildered by all of this, he turned to Phaedra and thought of something that might make her laugh “Who’s a Mrs. Grumpy gills, who’s a Mrs. Grumpy gills?” He said in a funny like tone. Shooting her a smirk he shrilled at the sound of his own voice. He figured if that didn't work,he could try one last thing that might work. Levi had never really sang before, but this was his chance to impress her or make her laugh. He couldn't tell if he could sing or not. "Hey... why you look sooo sad?." Glancing at her, he looked forgiving flickering his orbs at hers. "The tears in your eyes, come on and comeee to me noooww." A ringing clear tone came from his throat. A soft melody, but slightly flat. "I'll staaandd by youuuu. I'll standd by youuuu." Running his note, up and down he cracked as he tried to belt it out. Smiling, Levi thought he was on tune, not able to hear his some what tone deaf notes. He mostly just hummed if he was bored, but this was his first time to show someone how much he cared. Hoping she would forgive him, he waited by Note and Phaedra patiently.

[OOC: *purrs* Its okay Aud<3, Levi at that age was the same way. Although, he is going to be depressed because he cares so much for her :/]

Hidden Account
Holding his breath to keep in a sharp reply about what Phaedra had said about his judging, Note simply turned away, letting Levi take the lead of the situation as he placed the flower in the mare's mane. 'Me? Judge without asking of her name? Did she not do the same to me? Well, it's over and done with now. Who even cares...' he thought to himself, putting the thoughts out of head and trying to focus on something, anything, else.

Note stood where he was, thinking of what the two had said about a mare, Sohalia. "Note, you are a good stallion for Sohalia, don’t worry. I know that you would be good for her, you are very kind and suitable. It might take time for Phaedra to see that, but I feel you are," Levi had said. Note had never thought of the idea of having a mate, but Levi and Phaedra were certainly playing matchmaker. 'Might as well give it a shot..even if it's for a quest of Phaedra's. I mean, I just met her, she can't be all flirt,' Note thought, He sighed and looked up at Phaedra with a slight smile.

"So are we good?" Note said in a gentle and almost soothing tone to Phaedra. She was tense, but he was hoping that Levi had calmed her down with his kind words and singing.

[OCC: so sorry for the late reply, my internet was down yesterday D:]

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phaedra looked into Levi's silvery gaze, her own emerald eyes revealing nothing of what she was thinking. Which was that Levi simply didn't understand just how perfect his flower metaphor was. Perhaps she was just like that flower, beautiful and wild. What she needed was to be kept safe. But as Levi had pointed out, the flower can't live without the soil that clenches to the ground, and yet he had picked it just the same. It would dry up and die, because it was loved, rather than protected. Phaedra would not let the same happen to her.

She bore Levi's words patiently, standing solidly as he placed the already dying flower into her mane. She knew what it was he was trying to do but she...She couldn't risk being vulnerable, even emotionally. As Levi tried to justify her behaviour to Note, then began to sing to her, she couldn't help but smile, genuinely. He was a fixer, it seemed to her. Trying to mend things which were unraveling. It was oddly charming to see him put in so much effort, especially because he had come off arrogant and headstrong their first encounter. As he finished crooning to her, she laugh and batted his muzzle playfully with her outstretched wing. Gasping as pain shot through the appendage, she swiftly folded her wings back at her side; grimacing she she adjusted her feathers to sit comfortably.

So are we good? Note had asked. Pheadra arched her neck prettily, forcing every ounce of willpower she had into making herself calm and pleasant. She tactfully reminded herself why she was doing this - she was on a Quest from the God of the Earth himself. He had probably seen this coming...First Phae had fled from every situation, and now she was forcing herself not to. The quest... her mind protested, forcing a smile delicately onto her muzzle. "My apologies Note, I've had a ...rough few days" She said sweetly, indicating the wounds on her wings, which she had already spoken of.

Straightening herself to look at Note directly, she decided it was time to get down to it: "I won't lie to you Note, I am interested to see if you would be a suitable match for a rather stunning pegasus mare, Sohalia. This is for a quest, from the God of the Earth himself...Not just out of the goodness of my heart" She said laughing, winking at him; alluding to her previous bought of anger. "Sohalia seeks a mate who is handsome, kind, and loving. Who desires to be a father, and is intelligent and faithful. " Her cool green gaze appraised him, without judgement. Sincerely she asked, "You said you didn't want your heart being broken. I do not wish that for Sohalia either. So before I would consider introducing the two of you, do you believe you can fulfill the desires of her heart, Note?"

Hidden Account
Ava
A sight of relief rushed into Levi's system as Phaedra’s playful touch batted at his muzzle with her outstretched wing. Laughing from his bewildering performance, he playfully nuzzled her wing. Phaedra’s green mysterious eyes looked painful as she suddenly gasped, her look drawn to her wounded wing. Levi carefully stretched his wing out to level hers as well, trying to let Phaedra’s wing rest on his. With a worried look, he examined the wounds once again with curiosity. Gently, moving his wings with her, Levi let her wing go as she wriggled it back into place by her side. He knew Phaedra was in much pain, and he wanted to have a little word with Leander about this… situation. Not trying to get her hot headed again, he changed to subject, but he figured she caught on to his plan. Taking a slight bow, he dropped his head slightly arched and opened his left wing and stretching his right front leg out. A smirk emerged his featured as he came up “What? No encore?” He laughed charmingly as he looked from Phaedra to Note. The brute liked Note, and he figured that Note would be a great suitor for Sohalia. He was almost sure of it.

Phaedra seemed better, but he knew she might always remember this. He didn’t want Phaedra to hold a grudge against him, so hopefully she would forget about the stupidness of his shock and think of his horrible singing that brought a smile to her face. Arching her neck, she also seemed to forgive Note as she calmly talked to him. Levi perked his ears forward listening to the conversation between Note and Phaedra. Silently, he slipped past the two, hoping they wouldn’t notice, but still listened to the distancing conversation. Quickly, he walked towards the bubbling river. Draping his wing in the calm river, a sudden sensation of coolness tingled up his wing. Ack, this is cold! He thought to himself. Once he wing could soak up all of the water it possibly could, he turned back towards the two horses. Returning, he stepped by Phaedra’s side. “Sorry to interrupt this Prince charming talk, but Phaedra, this might help the pain.” He cooed softly. Reaching his wing towards her, he attempted to lift it. Hoping she would allow his, he was going to let the refreshing water trickle down her wing and soothe her painful looking wounds. Levi did agree with Phaedra though about the part the Note needed to prove that he was worthy of Sohalia’s ideal mate. “I agree with you Phaedra, I feel Note should meet Sohalia, and see how they get along. But if he doesn’t meet most of her expectations, then he isn’t the one for her.” Taking a short breath he looked towards Note “But Note, I think you will.” A smile emerged up his maw. He felt the Note could possibly be the one.

Hidden Account
Note wasn't surprised Phaedra had something to gain from playing matchmaker, but ignored this fact, thinking about Sohalia's expectations of her future mate. He was witty, and kind, he could be quite charming at times and could love with all his heart. He'd never dare to break anyone's trust, even if it meant giving up his own life, but a father? This was another ponderable thought Note had never considered. He hadn't spent much time around foals, but he had seen Azzulee around the herd, she had a bold playfulness to her most of the time. He wondered if most foals were like that, playful, curious and outgoing. Note hadn't been a foal for long until he himself was forced to grow up. He remembered very little about his young days, mainly because he had done his best to forget them.

The idea of miniature little Notes started to become appealing to him. 'Or what if they looked like Sohalia? I do wonder what she looks like,' Note thought, a far off look in his eyes, but a gleam of hope shone there too, 'or what if they looked like both of us?', he continued to think of this possibility as Levi started to attempt to cleanse Phaedra's wounds on her snow white wings.

He wouldn't let his children go through the horrors he had gone through at such a young age, no matter what. Note would give them the love he had never had.

"I do," Note said, turning to Phaedra.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phaedra bristled as Levi used his own wing to levitate hers. Her ears pinned themselves back only momentarily, when she saw what it was he was trying to do. She didn't like this sort of physical contact, but knowing that Levi meant well, she bore it patiently. "OW. Geeze." she muttered grumpily, pulling her wing back in pain, but then letting it relax onto his once again. As she looked at the two wings, now identical in colour, she was drawn back to the moment on the beach, the last time their wings lay like this. Only then, Phae had been trying to take care of Levi. She softened at this memory, and nudged him gently. "Thanks" she murmered softly.

Focusing on Note once again, she tried to interpret the expressions which were gently washing over his face. What was he thinking? Was it about Sohalia? About whether or not he could be the stallion Sohalia wanted? Needed? I do he responded vaguely. Phaedra shot him a flat unimpressed look. Really? That's it? Just a simple, YEP? She flicked her tail in annoyance. This is why you don't have a boyfriend, a vindictive voice in her mind hissed at her. Besides, it isn't up to you. It's up to Sohalia. Phaedra nodded as she listened to her subconcious. This was true, it was up to Sohalia.

Her green gaze focused solidly on Note once more. "I hope so. For Sohalia's sake. I will come and find you in the Throat, if Sohalia wishes to meet you." She looked towards Levi, her gaze losing it's edge. "As for you, we'll talk later. I need to find Sohalia."

Giving neither of them a chance to speak, Phae spun on her hocks and swiftly cantered into the forest which surrounded the fields. She cursed Leander again for taking away her ability to fly, and vowed to hurt him back one day. Faelene's name flashed darkly in her mind, as a possibility. Shaking her head as she ran, she focused on a mare who was quite possibly the polar opposite of Faelene. Sohalia.

[OOC: Okay. Phae's gonna go chat with Sohalia. I'll bring her to the Throat soon and tag you.]

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi wasn't surprised that Phaedra had taken off. She was determined for her quest, but like she said she never really stayed in one place for two long. A slight breeze washed over the field as the sooty palomino disappeared out of nowhere. Levi’s orbs trailed after her, until the beauty was out of sight. The reflection of her light coloring dazzled in his eyes. Levi felt guilty that Phaedra was hurt and was not able to fly. Levi wouldn’t be able to bear it if he was not able to fly, because flying was his life. Turning his attention back to Note, he shook his head slightly saying “She is definitely determined huh?” He chuckled as he stood in front of Note’s presence. He really liked Note, he seemed like he and Sohalia were going to be great suitors for on another. “You know, Note, I really think that you and Sohalia will get along great.” Levi’s kind tone sounded true to his statement. He really thought that Note could be the one for Sohalia.

Levi’s features lit up as he started to talk about Sohalia. Levi not only enjoyed her company, but repected her like he had not respected any mare before. She was a beautiful creature, but to Levi she was much more than that. Not something beautiful on the outside, but even more so, on the inside. She was so true and so faithful, that Levi knew she would end up being a true friend. “Note, I don’t even know where to start about her… She’s is a beautiful figurine, with a pure white pelt…” Levi talked about Sohalia to Note as much as he could until he had absolutely nothing else to say. Levi’s very last words were “Even though she is a beautiful mare, it is her heat and courage that makes her the pure horse that she is.”

(OOC: Omg Note I am so sorry for the late response! I have been so busy this week, so it was hard to get on Helovia haha.)

Hidden Account
[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

Note watched Phaedra take off, but she had seemed like a flighty mare, it came as no surprise that she had left. He glanced at Levi, studying the older stallion. There certainly was something more in his eyes as he watched Phae leave the stallions.

“She is definitely determined huh?'' Levi chuckled softly, and then continued, “You know, Note, I really think that you and Sohalia will get along great.” Note's bright green eyes sparked with interest, turning fully to Levi as he brought up Sohalia. He was genuinely interested in meeting the mare, but stayed silent as Levi talked about her so fondly. He seemed to like Sohalia, by the way he spoke of her.

By the end of Levi's speech of Sohalia, he felt like he already knew her. By the way Levi had spoken of the mare reminded him of his mother. 'Beautiful in every single way imaginable,' Note thought to himself. He was pretty much in love with the very thought of her. A misty, distant look flooded Note's eyes. He was thinking again, concentrating.

"I just hope I can live up to her expectations," Note sighed, looking back at Levi.

[OOC: awh, it's fine, Ava! c:]

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi's orbs filled with the wonderment of the conversation. Note seemed to be paying full attention, taking in every word Levi had said to him. For some reason, Levi quite liked this stallion. He was kind hearted, gentle natured, and had a lot of potential. He knew that The Dragon’s Throat was lucky to have such a stallion. He quite liked how he did not ignore Levi when he was talking, but actually listened. Levi appreciated his kindness.

"I just hope I can live up to her expectations," Note sighed, looking back at Levi. Levi caught the somewhat worried look in Note’s warm eyes. Levi looked towards once more where Phaedra had taken off, trying to get words to come. Levi was pretty good at thinking, because that is what he did best. His mind usually over took him, from a lot. “Note, there is no need to be worried about it. I wish that when I was your age I could be a nice and such a stallion as you. It took me a long time to figure out how to act around other horses. I am sometimes a bit of a jerk and get hotheaded easily, but you; you don’t have that meanness in you. You are a great horse, Note, and I do believe that you will meet her expectations.” A slight smile emerged from Levi’s maw. Giving Note a confident look he then winked at him, but Levi had something bothering him as well. Levi was great at hiding his emotion so hopefully Note wouldn’t notice his sorrowful look in his eye.

“Wait.” All of a sudden Levi shouted. “I have a somwhat great idea.” Levi shot a smirk towards Note. “What if I could pretend to be Sohalia, and you can be well, obviously you!. And that way I can help you practice.” Levi chuckled at the thought of this. It was going to be really fun if Note agreed to this bewildering plan.