Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

"We're soldiers in a war and none of us are backing down
And I will show you victory is mine before we leave this battleground
'Cause you don't wanna leave, and I don't wanna go
And I know just how this battle goes
You don't wanna leave and I don't wanna fight this kind of war...

- Jay Sean

He'd had quite enough.

Too many things had happened as of late, too many interferences with his state of calm, his home and friends, his companion. The news of Aaron's failed attempt at bringing Solstice back set his teeth on edge - not because the youngster had failed, but because he'd been too preoccupied with other things to come along as he had planned.

By his side flew Fajira, a saddened pale shadow who's voice and constant presence in the mind had disappeared since the solar eclipse, for reasons no one seemed to be able to comprehend. It affected them, disrupted their rhythm of life, made him feel lonely in a way he only vaguely remembered from before the bond had been made. That she was alive and by his side was comforting, but oh, how he missed the sound of her voice, their quiet conversations.

It was a quietly seething Lace that followed the trail of the exiled unicorns across the soggy snow of the Steppe, further and further to the north and west. No longer able to rely on the vision and instructions of the White, he painstakingly tracked the offenders in the old way, by scent and own sight and endless effort; it was better than to sit at home, worrying and waiting for miracles to happen.

He didn't believe in miracles, in the first place.

As the sun began to set, the grulla was surprised to find a valley situated deep into the western mountains. It was lush, green, unexpectedly warm despite the early spring. Along the walls of the kettle-like pit were caverns, without doubt suitable homes providing shelter and great defense in case of an invasion. Had anyone known about this place? No wonder the unicorns had refrained from retaliating against the Edge during the larger part of winter; they had simply been waiting for better weather, for them to lower their guard.

The old curiosity itched for exploration, but caution made the seasoned warrior push back the urge. Instead he cautiously slipped into the valley, using whatever shelter he could find while remaining wary of guards that might stop him from following the intended plan; to free all those held prisoner by the unicorns, regardless of which herd they belonged to. Of course Solstice was a priority, but he wouldn't leave behind anyone that wished to follow.

Sticking close to the exit point from the lush dale, the silver-coated equine hung back to rest and assess the situation. He needed to find the prisoners, see where they were held, but because of the lack of horn on his forehead he couldn't exactly stroll in and mingle with the crowd. Fajira gave him away too... Suddenly a terse smile touched the lips, and he turned to the white lizard that had settled on his back.

"Fajira, can you take a look around? Be careful, and if they see you, come back right away. If you find those held captive, make some kind of sound to let me know... A bird of some sort, that doesn't exist here." She listened intently and nodded once he had finished, spread the wings once more and took off, sticking close to the ground as she made her way deeper into the vale.

Just because their minds couldn't connect, didn't mean they couldn't understand one another anymore. It would take more than a loss of voice to separate those who had been together for as long as they had.

L A C E and F A J I R A
there's .b l o o d. and .g o r e. on the floor

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Stellaluna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Stellaluna
From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.

The Tormentor lay upon a rock, looking down on her prisoners. She basked in the sun, relaxed, knowing that the filth that she was babysitting were much to weak to attempt an escape. Though her beloved Psyche had ordered that the prisoners were not to be killed at this point, she would not hesitate to spill their blood if they became too rowdy. And in such a frail state, something as simple as a shove could kill the creatures below her. She sighed, closing her vivid amber eyes, her ears flitting to angle themselves at the soft noises that emerged with the bud of birdsong.

Tipping her head to the sky, she took in a deep breath. This home had rejuvenated her. She was once again at her peak, a striking tigress protecting her land, and the slaves that were captured within it. She opened her eyes, a small smile growing on her face. But in an instant, that was finished. Something white cut through the air. It took a moment to recognize the form, and soon Stellaluna realized it was a dragon. Her heart fluttered, at first thinking that perhaps it was a free creature, and she could bond with it. But then she snapped to - All of the lazy moments in the sun had fried her brain. This dragon must belong to another creature.

The rusty unicorn mare stood, and dragged her horns upon the stone she stood upon, sharpening them just a bit. Her head then raised, tail tuft and mane streaming behind her like banners on the wind. She waited, guarding her prisoners, prepared and waiting for the inevitable.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

dyslexaphobia.deviantart.com | rayodesoleil.deviantart.com

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
I was still warm in my pool. My hot, hot, spring of water, slightly frothy, gleaming green and stony gray, steam curling in tall wisps from it. Eyes of lazy black I watch someone approach with. When I am in this sheltered water, I never want to drag myself out. It soaks away my fears and soothes me like a mother with a child, until I'm floating in silence, oblivious to the world, only to the hush-hush of the water.

I know a guard is somewhere or other. Maybe the flaxen unicorn. I cannot collect myself to snarl at her. Yes, the hot water gets to me like nothing else, like a drug. A mare lays above me like a basking cat, but I don't bother removing myself. I'm too weak to move without help now, or very great effort, and I wouldn't be too surprised if I fell over and couldn't get back up. Even if my wings are angelic now. For reasons unbeknowst to me, my wings have turned frosted white, with glints of gold. A shimmery golden curtain seems to veil the world, making everything sparkle. At this point, I'm uncertain if I'm hallucinating or dreaming. The hot water drains away my senses, and for that, I love it.

And then I am distracted. An angel! No. A dragon. A little white dragon. So pretty. I gaze at it with huge, empty eyes, admiring the small creature. "Pretty..." I whisper, swimming a little closer with slow-motion strokes. Soon enough, I am back cocooned in my world, uninterrupted by the outside life, oblivious to any action or any words interrupting me.

""

do you really understand where you're going with me?
let me tell you
you just have to trust me

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Plucked by the devil’s chords, fatality strung by macabre threads of debauchery, he drifted over the shadows of the basin, aligning himself to the enamel of its portals, the unlocked gates that allowed the whims of depraved knaves and knots access to unholy irreverence. He’d spent the toiling hours of exploration grating away at the seams of the Aurora, stealing away the bliss, replacing it with carnivore rapture, and carved new holes for his seclusion, isolation, the candor of his acrimonious wake. The turmoil of their strength, for one grandeur led to another ruin, herd land a gain, absconded members a loss, had led him to haunt the sanctioned villa of their ethereal bounty, scarring the borders with the precarious touch of his vicious, wild necromancy. The constant rise and fall, the tedious maelstrom of bedlam and triumph, dismal platitudes and melancholy; he didn’t falter or sweep the decay of their artifices, but remained as impassive as before, puissant and pernicious, toxic and infernal. He reaped and scythed, plagued and devoured, and would continue to do so even if the weight of the earth pressed down upon their motives and erased all aspiration from their hides – he was eternally demonic, unattainable, unreachable, tainted and detached. Forever impassive, unaffected by the anxiety of followers, by the trepidation looming amongst their ambitious boughs, he would be successful, even if the rest were not.

Now, he shifted to the winds, harsh as he, as unrelenting, as ruthless, as callous, carrying the sword slits of their meticulous considerations, of their treacherous schemes, of the gallows ushered by their raw enchantments – and also, the scent of another. Amongst the layers of melting ice, came adrift the fancies of an ivory lizard, draconic, seemingly meandering along the coils of rampant, frigid air. He turned his head from the dominion of shadow and Stygian brew, focused his piercing glare upon the floating, pallid creature, studied it with the rapier reverie of a wolfish, rapacious blackguard, calculated his next menacing effect. Such companions were not suited for the cutlass-ed species, therefore, it belonged to another, gliding along their territory, trespassing with an associated instead of their own presence. For what purpose? To what avail? He tilted his cranium for a moment, eyeing the beast as it swiveled amongst their catacombs, before becoming the ruthless, ethereal grace of diabolical design all over again. The strands of his wretched heresy whispered against the rolling muscles, coiled, taut and avaricious, diverging from his soul and towards the reptile. A savage dance, ghosting along the corridors, the brine and animosity of his diligent, scrupulous opus, wraith and wrath coasting, lingering, gathering in the direction of the unknown confederate.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan spotted the snowy dragon whilst exploring the new land, eyes glowering as he watched her flight and a rust coloured unicorn. She was one he hadn't met before but he had seen her at their very first meeting. This mare was no intruder. However, the dragon did not belong here. Lobes drenched in the colour of blood fell back in disgust, so they had already been found. Not for long though and with that thought d'Artagnan caught the figure of Svetlana. A prisoner so expertly captured by the silent killer, Deimos. To which the latter had just arrived. Lips pressed together and already onto the luminescent dragon.

The shade nodded in approval at the other steeds swiftness which allowed him to turn his attention to the owner of such a draconic being. d'Artagnan rolled his tongue and stalked over to the copper mare, pools hard and unforgiving. "You, girl. Come with me" with that he headed out checking the scents, paying no heed to the dragon for she was not who he was after. Switching directions, looking up, down, left and right until he thought he was close enough. An imposter had dared show his naked face in the lands of the Plague. The shade lifted his head and let a dark laugh ripple from his maw, projecting his voice. "What is this! Come out so I can get a look at you."

The Nightshade almost trembled with blood lust. If this intruder thought he could go any further he could think again, without Psyche there were only a few of them who could watch over the herd. Himself and Deimos were two and d'Artagnan played his part with morbid glee. It was ironic that the land they had been blessed with also helped enemies take cover, annoying the shade who couldn't seem to spot him. Anger and eagerness in his stance, head a little lower than usual with pools of dual colours peering at the landscape. Where is the bastard?! Looking up occasionally, wondering if the dragon was still around or if it had met it's doom already.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Last of his knowledge, there were no dragons amongst their kind, not that he had seen. So when the brindle spotted the white reptilian approaching, belly close to the ground, he was instantly on edge.

It seemed he wasn't the only one to have spotted it, nor was he the first. Moving closer to the hot springs, Crowley settled his gaze on the small creature, casting only a short glance to Stellaluna who was not far from him. D'Artagnan and Deimos were looking to the dragon just the same. It was surprising that anyone would know of their new location, but the means of how anyone had learned such was not of importance at the moment. Who had sent this dragon, and how many might be waiting for them just beyond the mountains? They would have to find the one passage leading into the mountains to get inside, of course, which would be difficult if any were dispatched to the entrance.

Lifting his head, Crowley stepped forward with gaze glued to the stygian, and let loose his magic upon the creature. Immediately a scar was etched into his hide, cutting across his gaskin. He would render the poor dragon flightless just long enough that escape would be nearly impossible when advanced upon. With a satisfied twitch of his lips, Crowley scanned the horizon for anyone that might suddenly appear, to come to the rescue, but he saw none.

"Come out, coward!" He called forth, ears tipped back as he slowly started towards the dragon. Despite the rather small size of the dragon, he wouldn't dare get too close, for he knew not the power that the little lizard might hold within her.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

Following Lace from the Edge had been a decision that I had unknowingly made. I’m not even sure if the grulla knew it himself, as I had made sure that I was always a few steps behind. His body was taut from exhaustion and his face was creased with worry lines that aged him beyond his years. I was reluctant to admit to my stalking as he hadn’t come to me specifically for help, but I felt that something was awry… whatever notion it may be, I felt obliged to assist him should the need arise. He and his little white dragon had traveled quickly to the Basin, a secret drive pushing him over the ledge, though I had allusions s to what motives had driven him from his home in the Edge to dark, wondrous lands of the Outcasts. However, while both horse and dragon appeared be in relative sync with one another, there was an obvious disconnected strain that seemed to hinder their otherwise meaningful descent. It was none like the bond I’d witnessed between Mirage and Akaith, but then again, I had no idea how the bonds between differing companions worked. I was merely naïve to the whole of Helovia as of late.

However, Mirage seemed to strike a chord in me that seemed to make sense of Lace’s sudden departure from the Edge and I sullenly wondered if he had began a lonely quest to return her to the throne. Luckily enough, I had followed, like a second shadow, always curious like a small dog. Though, small was not usually a term used in reference to myself. I nearly towered above the small grulla and in light of such a determining factor, most animals in Helovia, aside from Leander whom I had met in the Threshold.

When Lace and Fajira had reached the Basin’s edge, I drew back in order to merely observe the disastrous events that were bound to take place soon after his bold approach. That’s not to say that I was cowardly awaiting conflict to turn tail and run, I just wanted to oversee all opportunities before intruding on a battle that Lace had intended to fight for himself. Though, through the trees and darkened crevices of the Basin, I felt as if I had been swallowed by nightmares of my own devices. It was like it had entranced me to imagine such fantastical horrors to an almost realistic degree that I almost had to close my eyes against the shadowy fairyland. Whatever darkness existed here was one that I was not soon to forget or in fact see again, unless business called upon my duties to retreat to such a magically horrific place.

Maintaining my distance, I sheltered myself in a patch of dying trees. The repugnant scent of savagery curled my lips and twisted my tongue as I looked on, a mere bystander until obligation drew me from the shadows. It wasn’t long before sardonic tunes graced the skies, dark and ominous as if hell had written a song just for them. I was weary, if not tired already from such a daunting discovery. Their scents intermingled into one musky discourse that prickled my skin. It was a sad feeling that crawled along my spine, my bones ringing with life as tension turned to ragged fear. Surely Lace had come with some kind of plan, other than throwing himself to the gauntlet for Mirage’s sake. My sides heaved with anxiety as I wasn’t sure how long it would take for them to find Lace, find us.

In the last remaining moments of relative peace, I drew in a staggering breath, one that racked my lungs with oxygen tainted with ghostly energy. My muscles were thick with apprehension and I was beginning to gain a sense of things that had never been so relevant before. The sound of my own heart beating alarmed me, thud, thud, thud. It seemed to beat against my chest, brave and true unlike everything that surrounded me. The awkward calls of angry crows disrupted the silence, as I had not yet heard them before. I wasn’t sure if our arrival had caused the ruckus or if I had simply ignored them until now. Even the light breeze of Birdsong caught my attention as it whispered through the tree limbs above, perhaps warning me of my certain fate, though I had all intentions of tossing that frozen sliver of fear to the wind. This was not about me anymore, it was about all that would become of the edge without Mirage and her unbiased guidance. Whether war or compromise came of this day’s invasion, nothing else mattered, at least not in my eyes.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
She's been stolen this whole time ^^ she just can't be rescued for 7 days starting from her first prisoner post. So we can perhaps assume that negotiating or rescuing doesn't go as well for her in this thread?
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Now was the time. Aaron had spotted Lace on his way to speak to one of the Foothills members and decided to follow the older stallion instead. The moment they entered the Frostbreath Steppe the young paint could tell something was different. It took him a moment to realize it, but spotting a clump of hair in the snow gave him the idea. Quickly the young knight followed after Lace, eager to find where the Ex-Edge unicorn herd had moved to.

The moment they entered the lush new land.. At least Aaron figured it was new because he had never seen it before, he split off from Lace to move outward into the thick grasses to see what he could see. He was careful to avoid being to close to the dragon, as his white splashes would be noticeable enough in the night. It was then he saw them.... His heart leaped and he wanted to scream and tell his mother they were here.... But no.. He remain silent, deadly silent. Dark brown almost black eyes took in the sight. His mother and a winged one... the Foothills mare Kiara had spoken of were in a hot spring with four guarding them. Clearly Lace's bonded had been spotted as they called out for someone to come forward. Instead Aaron waited from his hiding place, wishing that they could get Mirage as well.... But since she was not near there was no chance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solstice perked up at the movements of the guards. As the one who had brought her here arrived with others she knew. With a smirk she looked to the pegasus mare and whispered. "My herdmates have come... I'm sure your's will be coming soon as well. If not, I promise my family will not leave you here. I will come back for you." A bold promise, maybe, but one the painted dove intended on keeping. With a smirk still on her face the fem climbed out of the hot spring and moved to stand behind D'Artagnan and spoke "Now that you got what you wanted, am I free to return home. My Family seems to be coming for me" Hazel eyes sparkled, a hint of 'i told you so' mixed with 'if you don't you'll learn what i've been hiding'. It was all in the bay's hooves now.... Would there be a fight? Or could she leave peaceably.

"Talk Talk"

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
everything is held at length

Anyone would think a band of pissed of Unicorns would be enough warning to stay the hell away from. Oh no, it was like a stupid boy with a stick who thought it was funny to jab the wasps nest to see them come out angry, and ready for blood who soon found out wasps stung. No matter the size of the enemy, no matter how many times he was stung he would continue to hit the nest not realizing how many more wasps this drew out to his ultimate end. Maybe, the nest was destroyed in the end but the wasps were more than capable of making another.

After a much long day, and making the climb to her new home she would find a mess of sorts in the valley. There was a familiar scent to her that was along the rocks, and loomed among the trees she would almost believe it to be her mind in want of something good. When her eyes tore from the shadows she kept in, she could see what was making the commotion, Fajira. It had to be an equine and his dragon. Lace. It was not good thoughts to think he, and her were here. Of coarse she would know why, but still was he mad? Or was he not alone? It was not very easy to tell, her Unicorn brethren coming to the same conclusion someone must be bonded to this dragon but who, and where were they. A frantic mind ready to dart in different directions for what to do she let it pass from her. If she was going to keep him from being prisoner, or merely harmed she had to have a clear head.

One thing she doubted though was her ability to sooth the Unicorns and assure them it was nothing, because it wasn't. Fajira had to be white. What else could she say? They had to know she was spying for her kin... Clinging to the forced darkness she tried to see his long white mane, or glow of an golden eye. If she got to him first, maybe she could give him enough time to get away. Before Faelene could decide where to actually go she watched the dragon be struck by some sort of magic, and that was how she made her choice. Dark ears snapped to her head she walked from the side closest to Fajira. It was just in time to hear one of the prisoner's warn about her family. "She's right, I can't count how many for sure, but there is no one alone," she murmured. The dark mare only dared to be so close to Fajira, but remained by her to make sure no harm came upon her. It might appear she was waiting to grab her instead for other reasons, and that was okay.

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
"We're soldiers in a war and none of us are backing down
And I will show you victory is mine before we leave this battleground
'Cause you don't wanna leave, and I don't wanna go
And I know just how this battle goes
You don't wanna leave and I don't wanna fight this kind of war...

- Jay Sean
The Glazier had been so focused on tracking down the outcasts that he didn't realize that other Edgers had followed after him until he saw them slip into the valley through the corner of the eyes. A part of him felt like sighing when he recognized Thor and Aaron, in mild despair over the recklessness the younger stallions showed. Not that he were one to speak, after barging into the enemies fortress on his own - but at least he had experience. Aaron was little more than a colt still, and Thor was a newcomer, with abilities unknown.
There was nothing he could do to send them back now though, so the warrior saved his lecture for later and accepted their quiet assistance. It would prove to be most needed.

Whatever hopes he'd had of making a stealthy coup disappeared the moment a unicorn raised the head in the distance and watched the pale dragon fly by. One by one they spotted her, some only watching while others called out in suspicion and anger. The white-maned equine felt torn by the result. On one hand Fajira drew the attention to herself, thus making him more difficult to find in the darkening eve. But on the other hand, she had just made herself a target for attacks, and with their faltered communication, this was dangerous.
He had to swallow an impulse to rush out of the thicket he'd hidden himself in and protect her. That wouldn't be good, it would defeat the entire purpose of coming here. Focus, Lace, think. They were three - possibly four if Solstice was in any shape to fight - against an entire herd. No room for mistakes, no time to look for those who were more well hidden. A pang of guilt struck him at the thought of Mirage, the last one to have been captured. What he wouldn't do to see her freed, what he wouldn't do... But the others came first. All in all his queen would be safer if there were no others around - no one to hold hostage against her, no need for her to consider anyone but herself. Lace would keep the herd safe until they could bring her back, that he vowed to himself.

Suddenly the white dragon let out a sharp cry, that echoed between the mountainsides. Her bonded perked up, ears erect as he listened to the signal. One.. And there it was again. Two. Two prisoners, then? Not too bad, two was manageable. A wild hope painted images of Solstice and Mirage to his inner vision, but he quickly pushed them away. It didn't matter; no matter what he'd set them free. No matter the cost to himself.

Peering through the bushes he watched Fajira turn around and begin to fly back, wings cutting through the darkness and bringing her in his direction as fast as she could. Suddenly though she seemed to cringe in the air, as if something had unbalanced her. Lace felt his breath catch, eyes glued to the delicate frame as her energy seemed to wane, her flight growing erratic. Then it was as though her wings stopped working entirely, and with a startled scream the dragoness tumbled to the ground, bouncing painfully as she landed.

His heart skipped a beat. A memory flashed before his inner vision, a picture of the slender, beautiful little creature falling with a gaping hole through the chest - dying, dead before she hit the ground and quickly dissolving in a cloud of ash. Fear tightened the chest and suddenly nothing mattered anymore, nothing but the fragile being who now lay helpless on the ground, soon to be surrounded by enemies.

The thicket exploded as the stallion charged out in the open, ears flattened against the neck and teeth bared in a vicious snarl, directed at those who dared him to show himself. He was angry now, enraged in the cold, collected way that made him twice as dangerous as those hotheads that lost the ability to think in their raging madness - and he was unforgiving. Those who placed themselves in his way would be sorry for it, as he charged towards the glass-horned stallion that stood before Solstice.

Recognizing Faelene next to Fajira, he quietly prayed that the black femme still remembered their vow of friendship and entrusted his white soulmate to her, instead only placing himself where he was well visible, reared and flared the hooves threatening in the cold air of early spring.

"I am Lace of World's Edge!" he announced, with a voice hard as steel and cold like winters past. "I have come to get my family, and don't you dare try and deny me! I've had quite enough of your petty games and trickery, exiles, and I will have you return those who do not belong among you. Now." Smoke rose from the nostrils as he fell back to the earth, hot blueish flames crackling around the mouth as the gift of the Fire gremlins made itself noticeable. The Time God's amulet clattered against a silver shoulder, gifted fire burned hot in his chest, his mind stretched out to find the branches and roots of bushes and trees in the surrounding area - all in preparation for the possibility of a battle ensuing.

The unicorns of Aurora Basin would find that he wasn't quite as outnumbered as he looked. Covering his back (hopefully) was Aaron and Thor, Solstice stood at the back of the Time Mender and by Faelene's hooves Fajira was recovering from the impact, wings tucking against the back and a growl growing in her throat.

His only real concern was the pale winged mare that lay in the steaming water of the basin, barely recognizable as the proud Stormchaser he'd once met. Someone would have to help her while he staved off any attackers - he really had his hooves full at the moment.

L A C E and F A J I R A
there's .b l o o d. and .g o r e. on the floor

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Stellaluna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Stellaluna
From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.

The herd began to move. It's motion was fluid, deliberate. They seemed to be connected by a strand that brought them to action, and she felt the strings tug at her. d'Art called to her and the copper mare followed, golden hooves clattering on the mountain stone as she lept from her perch and followed the Mender. Above she watched the white dragon circle, calling out like a bird. Then, the tiny beast plummeted from the sky.

Adrenaline pumped through her body. Bloodlust brought her heart to a flutter, and a sick smile twisted her lips as the Plague fell together. Stellaluna wished to crush the delicate bones of the dragon, watch the equine trespasser quiver in pain as his bond was shattered and he watched his pet come to it's final moment beneath her hooves. But the crimson and black unicorn Faelene stepped over the beast, seeming to protect it if it weren't for the fact Stellaluna knew her to be loyal to the plague. Stellaluna looked up as Lace plunged from the thicket, his body tense and full of rage. She tossed her head up, a chilling laugh bursting from her maw.

You come here, you filthy equine, trespassing upon our lands, given to us by the god of Time. You wander into a heard, far outnumbered, casting your lizard to the sky to do your spying for you. Her voice was a snarl, amber eyes flashing angrily. She pawed the ground, knowing that, though she held no rank or power, she was entitled to speak. You demand our audience, and for what, so we can release your family? Just like that? Ha! You should leave, equine, while your bones are intact and breath remains in your lungs.

She stomped a hoof, her eyes never leaving Lace's. She hoped that one of her comrades would not share words with the trespassers, but instead deadly blows. She hoped her sentiments would be shared, and someone would step boldly in this moment to take the place of their absent leader.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

dyslexaphobia.deviantart.com | rayodesoleil.deviantart.com

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
Even in my reverie of silence, I did noticed my tormentor's departure. My ears flicked in interest, my eyes settled on something as the pretty white, scaled angel flitted away. Someone, I thought. Another horse? No. Surely my slinking guard would not have gone after a new arrival with the blood bay's stallion order. Another unicorn went by... and another. I recognized Deimos going somewhere. I shuddered sinking deeper into my hot mineral pool.

Where were they going? I wondered in my delirium. Where was the little angel gone? I wiggled down deeper into the hot springs, until only head was above the water.

""

do you really understand where you're going with me?
let me tell you
you just have to trust me

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

A golden form weaved through the brush with quiet determination. He had noticed the rescue party from the World's Edge headed to the North as he made his daily patrol. There was little wondering to be done about where they were headed, and there was no doubt in Leander's mind that he would follow. Svetlana, the seasoned Foothill's warrior Chieftess, had been taken by the merry band of unrelentless, damned, short-fused stick-heads. He had not forgotten the pleasant words he'd exchanged with the StormChaser, nor their promise to meet again. Only such a short time ago had they spoken about the ex-Edge Unicorns, and then the silver matriarch had been ripped away from her very herd. Fury burned deep within his chest, rising with every step across the cool soil. Svetlana had not even fought in the Battle of the Edge, yet they decided to torment her. Blind hatred, that was all they were capable of. Unfortunately for them, his rage had a rightful target.

The palomino watched with a sharp blue gaze as the grullo of the World's Edge finally made his move. Both he and Ember had seen the grey's own bonded, a lovely ivory dragon, be struck from the air. It was enough to put worry into both of their hearts, but the LionHeart was never one to turn tail. The fledgling would have to keep her place with talons knotted into his flaxen mane, for he was aware of the snow beast's magic which now rested within his grasp. If Mauja's horde wanted to try their hand at keeping those that didn't belong to them, they could learn their lesson the hard way.

A moment after Lace had exited the cover of the groundbrush and made his introduction, Leander followed suit. Arching his neck, the sultan pulled his brawny form into a controlled canter, whirring out from the leaves and sliding to a halt a few paces away from the Edge stallion. "It would do you well to listen to Lace. Allow the ones that do not belong to you to leave." Deep chords left his throat, rolling out onto the air in a near growl. Mahogany wings stood tall upon his back, adding even more breadth to his already massive form. Bald patches still lingered upon his lower face and down along his legs, a monstrous quality despite the sleek gold of his pelt. There was something innately wild about the way his ice blue eyes gazed out upon the Unicorns, even as they passed over Faelene. In that moment, he would have gladly ripped the throat out of the first one to come near him. Enough was enough.

A familiar form caught his cold stare, lingering in a pool of water. Svetlana. Without hesitation, the golden brute began to walk towards her, silently daring any of the mongrels to try and stop him. Reaching the edge of the hot spring, he stepped gingerly into the water near the ebon winged leader. There was no mistaking the difference in her noble face; she was far from alright. Concern fought with the anger that had risen to his own profile. "Svetlana, it is I, Leander. Come now, and regain yourself. It is time for you to leave this place, peaceably or not." Ashen ears had swiveled backwards, even before he'd reached Svetlana, and he waited for a cowardly attack from behind. These beasts lacked the courage to fight head on for the most part. If they tried pricking him with their little swords, they would learn of the violent beast that lay within him.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Squalls and squeals, screeches and screams, all of the unfolded paradigms of insipid stipulations that reached his ears and were dutifully ignored, disregarded. Enemies - their words were the incredulous, petulant derisions of cossetted, indulged whims, lacing demands amongst the empirical skies, tracing their terrain over and over again with the consumption of accommodated merchants. First they wanted a home and beat upon their doorstep with sordid, tumultuous shrieks, outcries of a bludgeoned nation, weakened and clamorous – ensnared it into their threshold, made it their own, while shields and swords fell against malicious terrain, banished from the regions of their sanctuary and shelter. Now they came again, fists pummeling, insistent and brooding, lamenting, haunting the hallways of their convictions with the aspirations to dictate once more. Never fulfilled, never gratified, avariciousness clawed in all of their gullets, and even those uninvolved paraded into the grounds like they owned this acrimonious world, scarring the din with more of their tremulous, whiny mewls and howls; gruff, ungracious, inhospitable clients of the Edge and Throat. And oh, he recalled how he’d taken from them before, even in their drunken songs of victory, their sonnets of triumph, he’d made a conquest of his own, destruction in the silent stretches of war, and this only incensed him more, made him yearn, made him crave that scrupulous diligence of death, mayhem and pain, how to make them burn, how to make them scream, how to make them wither and die within the chambers of this new home. Foolish and unwise, they traversed upon a realm strengthened by exile, stalwart, staunch, confident, and the dimmest, dankest threats carried by murmurs of incapable beasts would not cease the calamity harbored within the Basin’s inhabitants. Scorned, derided, chased away from the shelter of their storm, they’d been provided with a new palisade, and had no intentions of blustering away successes upon those so undeserving, so inadequate. Threats? Warnings? Ultimatums? And what would these trespassers do to them that had not been done before? The absolution of their own melancholy had been enough to prepare them for a course in vengeance. For what did you expect when you played, toyed, and capered with fire?

Revenge bled into their wounds and made them whole once more, the incensed, the outraged, the writhing, wrathful inclination of beasts, of monsters, of behemoths. And he, the terrible demon, the vile, the horrible, was amongst the boiling, brewing, intrepid nation of supremacy, of domination, of annihilation, of infernal, carnivore bliss. Violence and animosity, simmering distortion and debauchery under the layers of blackened, unholy violence, unforgiving, nefarious, noxious, lethal prose and poise, aloft to the Tartarean and Stygian guile of his frigid mayhem, of his predacious immorality, penetrating and piercing the taut, minute motions of his frame. He watched with rich, guarded silence, imperious recherché, ravenous reticence, as they stole against the chords and coveted, desired, the release of their prisoners. Obnoxious and defiant, scaling across the horizon of ice and wonder, beating their plundering drums to the tune of the ages, archaic and destitute, slinking and rolling in their arched commands. Detached and nonchalant, he stared at the shrieking owner of the dragon, the grating haze of blue lacerating the core of the glazier, unimpressed, undaunted, unflinching in the crashing wave of defiance and insurrection. Even when the Pegasus rolled in, an unnecessary being flapping his wings to a tune that was not his own, to a quandary not involved in his pursuits or business, the ardent savage remained composed. Only when they’d finished, did he begin any motion, any coiling of sinuous distortion. He moved from the eaves of shadows, General, commander, the menacing plunge of frightening brutality, the scrape of infernal dissonance, serenity and tranquility thriving in the necromancy of his rapier torment. Formidable, unattainable, unreachable, a pariah to virtue and a heedless, ruthless, malicious heathen blighted by the heavens, ensuing a plague upon many houses. Drenched in fine, undulating muscles, the roll of his power coveted to the spark of his ire, of his loathing, of the silent, chilling, cold, damnable trace of his satanic opus. Puissant and pernicious, he chose to drown the gilded Pegasus (did he not chain some of the Basin’s into an oubliette as well? was this hypocrisy in the midnight shell?) in the wake of his corruption, in the ethereal essence of his debauchery, in the cloaked, minstrel tides of diabolical mayhem and bedlam.

The harsh, blunt, scrape of his voice echoed from his chambers, not a whisper, but a booming hark chasing away any belief that they would whimper and crawl away, the feral decree, the ferocious, the predatory, edict of his own mastered bidding, staring down the brute who longed to take his prisoner. He stepped before her, the miserable, withering Svetlana, between freedom and captivity, ushered her sentence before the Glazier, the Sultan and their hiding cronies, henchmen, minutemen. “No.” There would be no rescue, there would be no hope, there would be no salvation in the arms of divinity or assurance in petulance. They, this collected brethren of supreme souls, would not allow their world to be tossed aside again for the grandeur of the deficient. And in his humming decadence, the enchantment of his antagonistic nature churned, the reeling, silken threads of lethality, morality, rose to lace and lance across his skin, to burn the hearts of the virtuous, to slaughter, massacre the feeble, the delicate. Impending danger, augured, presaged destruction, the heinous, fierce friction of sinister terror, locked within the clarity of an unforgiving, eldritch titan. It whispered against the eaves and crossed the passageways of bliss, harboring the ill tides of the forlorn, the raptorial predilection of the caustic, mordant and scathing. He would utter a warning once, and only once, before their rippling chains stroked scythe sedition. “Leave.” And if they did not, he would take every last breath they uttered, every heartbeat, every swirling emotion, until those, precious fleeting moments were overwhelmed with the stinging lucidity that they had failed.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

They came, in childish dreams of heroic rescue to free their damsels from the clutches of evil. All squaring up preparing to fight, foolishly believing they could actually win. Not this time, their numbers had dwindled in complacence and barrels were fatter with the luxuries of herd life. They were no match for the hardened soldiers of the Basin who fought the very mountains to stay alive and were finally gifted with a land of their own. Did they really think they stood a chance inside the walls of the Aurora? How foolish of them to think so, the Nightshade viewed them with nothing but contempt and amusement.

d'Artagnan briefly noted the appearance of Crowley when he came in aid, looking for Lace. The Mender offered him a brief nod before turning back to his own prisoner, Solstice. She seemed braver with the knowledge her family was near and spoke words that made him laugh. He flung a hoof backwards to hopefully cut her shoulder and idly cocked his head to one side, "Foolish little equine. I cannot set you free without the order of my superior, let your family come for here you shall remain."

A smirk was all he offered her, for d'Artagnan had more urgent matters to attend to. Like the charging Lace. The Nightshade's expression deepened with anger and he lowered his horns, angling them to slice (not to impale) in case the idiot bare head didn't stop. It was in a few strides that Lace took his charge upwards and bared his hooves with no thought, flickers of blue flame springing from his mouth. d'Artagnan's pools widened in surprise for a moment, not expecting one of such plain blood to possess magic. He knew it was possible, but it still always surprised him. The grulla introduced himself and laid down his challenge, to which the mare who had followed him answered in impressive venom. Lobes flicked in attention to the arrival of the golden airhead but eyes remained on Lace, probing and watching. It wasn't wise to take ones gaze off a wielder of fire, unless they wanted to be charred with the smell of burning flesh.

Leander, the feathered dolt who had just appeared seemed to show his consent to Lace and d'Artagnan finally allowed a dark smile to ripple onto lips. General Deimos took charge of Svetlana with swift management leaving it open for d'Artagnan to deal with the grulla boy. Which was almost too easy, the ball was and always will be in his court. With a roll of his eyes in exasperation he moved his glass daggers to aim at Solstice, flickering an eye to Lace. "You're not very bright are you? Take one more false step and I'll end her life."

Gruff tones were lethargic, like he was talking to a child. Vibrant poison dripping from the ends of his horns, a custom d'Artagnan had taken up whilst he quested for stronger magic. A ringing in lobes as blood lust set in, almost daring the crafter to come closer. To give him the chance to slide his horns into the paint equine and feel death claim her.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Only four had stepped up to the plate, ready to defend the Basin and it's prisoners from the coming threat. He might have counted Faelene amongst their numbers, but when she suddenly darted forward to stand guard of the fallen dragon, suspicions rose as to where her loyalty truly lay. It seemed she would not be participating in the battle, if that was what was to come.

The first to show themselves was a silvered equine, whom was anything but hesitant to scream his name out to the very heavens above them. A low chuckle formed in his throat as he observed the stallion, his interest heightened when he spotted what could only be flames dancing from the grullo's mouth. Crowley was unaware to what extent Lace's power was, but he would do well to keep his wits about him.

A golden Pegasus was the next to appear to the group. He was massive, even without his earthen wings, but this did nothing to frighten the brindle. When the winged equine made a move for the hot springs, Crowley was ready to make a move to stand between the pair, but Deimos seemed to have it under control. While he had never spoken with the General, he seemed a formidable opponent, even with their impressive difference in size. Even if this Pegasus did manage to take Svetlana from the General, could she even survive such a harsh journey from the Basin back to the Foothills, or wherever they planned on taking her?

It was then that Crowley offered a glance to d'Artagnan, who seemed to occupy himself with the danger of Lace. It was unbeknownst to him what the bay was capable of doing, but with horns pointed to his own prisoenr, Solstice, he seemed to have everything under control. The brindle was ready to jump to either who needed aid, but he kept his eyes on the horizon just as well. There would no doubt be more waiting, ready to come charing in after these two destriers, and when they did, he would be ready to accept his own challenger.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

It was with heavy footsteps the young roan returned into the Frostbreath Steppe. She was surprised to see that a new land had been found.... and the horned bastards had moved right on in. Quietly she entered the Basin, knowing her white blanketed rump would make her easily seen. She however did not care. Solstice had given Ink the cover he needed to help her slip away, now it was her own turn to help rescue. Oh how I wish Breeze was here.. Not that she was sure he would be a help in fighting, just for her own moral support.

As she arrived it seemed like everything exploded into action. Lace charging forward followed by a pegasus. Two of the unicorns quickly seemed to move to counter act the pair. With a deep breath the red roan picked her own target among those that had gathered. A white marked stallion who seemed ready to jump to aid the others. Well he was going to have to deal with her first. "You cowards! We fought, we won and you have a new land so get over yourselves already!" With that Kiara ran right for Crowley, ears laced backward ready to sink her teeth into any part of him she could.

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
OOC: Just skip me for a moment and I'll get one up in a day or so, sorry guys!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron watched quietly from the brush where he had concealed himself as his mother moved forward and spoke to her guard. Damn right her family had come for her. But he dared to tell her no, that she was not to go home with them? Ha! So much then happened in just a few moments. Lace leaped forward giving away his position, a golden pegasus moved to help the one in the hot springs. From almost out of no where Kiara also appeared and ran forward to attack one of the others who had stepped up to guard. His blackened eyes were focused on one being... The blood bay with the glass horns. The brute was the one who held his mother captive, that alone made Aaron want to hurt him. But when he turned and dared to threaten his mother's life..... "Touch her and i'll make you wish you were never born" He growled from the shadows. The painted draft knight moved from his hiding place now, his body moving without thought. Very reckless actually. He did not think, he only reacted. That bastard was threatening his mother, the only parent he had left.... Muscles tensed as he readied his body to fight. The bloody glass horned bastard did not know what he was in for... Oh no.... Aaron had full intentions to torture the one who threatened his mother. But first he wanted to beat him into a bloody pulp.

(ooc:separate solstice post coming)

"Talk Talk"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.