the Rift

Who will guard the guards? [Grey/Aurora Basin]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

Phaedra couldn't help but feel a surge of adrenaline as she flew towards the newly created Aurora Basin. She had never been to the Steppe, or the Arch before, so for all she knew, it had been here all along. Having structure and direction soothed her often panicky-mind. Whether it was the Quest from the God of the Earth, or this Official Grey Business, having a purpose seemed to also give her strength. Or perhaps it was because she knew she was flying into dangerous territory. There was no unknown element here, she probably was flying into a trap. Yes, somehow that was soothing.

As she glided, she was once again drawn to how white her wings were now. She couldn't understand what was going on...Normally her large wings were tawny in colour, with a few birdcatcher spots thrown onto her feathers for good measure. But now, they were glistening and white. She had also been told that there was a faint glimmery-gold halo which seemed to hover over her ears. But that wasn't the only weird thing that was apparently happening in Helovia right now; and her wings still carried her lithe body as quickly as ever, so it really wasn't too troubling, anyways.

As she neared the Basin, she could feel the air begin to warm considerably - most likely caused by the Hot Springs. She felt compelled to glide on the warmer air currents which made flying so much easier, but decided against it. She was here on official business, and all. Slowly she glided towards the ground, leaning back in the air as she neared the rocky surface, allowing her wings to slowly and gently buffet her to a complete stop. As all four hooves touched the ground, she folded her wings alongside her flank, and cast her cool green gaze around the landscape. She was supposed to meet the Healer here...and possibly another. The healer, she had heard, was a draft mare. Perfect She thought with a snort. Sending a Pegasus and an Equine into racist territory. She tossed her head, ridding her sandy-mane from her eyes as she considered the proposition they were meant to put forward. This was no alliance; she hoped the creatures who called this place home would understanding that. It was a business proposition. The Grey could get their lost members back; add strength to the newly created aurora basin. But not just out of the goodness of their hearts. And if these aurora basonites, or whatever they called themselves, couldn't see that, then perhaps they deserved to be at a disadvantage.

HP: 45.5

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

Tor had followed Phaedra with the patience only one of her age, wisdom and kindness can do. Flighty horses seemed to be surprisingly common under the medic commander's teachings- Vermillion, for instance, and this sneaky, slightly squirmy mare who never seemed to trust. As the mare winged her way above, the equine followed below at her stately, relaxed pace, appearing her best to be at ease while keeping a careful eye out for any difficulties along the way where her diplomacy skills may be needed to soothe hostile confrontations. Tor was uncertain was to if she was still 'in' with Mauja, if she was still under the FrostHeart's protection or if she was now prey to any racist unicorn. Hopefully one of the unicorns she had healed would come around. The black mare with a mane of red had seemed pleasant enough.

On the other hoof, it seemed the group of unicorns had taken on a more difficult path, not ready to settle in their new lands. Tor had been there that day, not with the God of Time, but lingering around the edges of the Frostbreath. So while the pegasus, Phaedra was her name Tor believed, flew above or something and knew where they were, the draft mare followed through the scents behind and the trodden path of hoofprints, many cloven. Here they arrived in the place behind the mountains, or in the mountains. Tor did not see any prisoners- either way, she was not here to save them. She was here on strict Gray business- not that that would stop her from finding a healer to share methods with.

"Unicorns!" The paint called, ears tilted forward as Phaedra landed. All she could smell was their overwhelming scent.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: darttable2.png]

d'ARTAGNAN the NIGHTSHADE

d'Artagnan was fuming. What was this thing stuck to his head?! He looked like Rudolph in a foul mood. Gone were his precious horns made of glass, not as sturdy but the shade had adapted to them and knew exactly how to utilize them to their best ability. Antlers, however, were bigger and uncomfortable. They interfered with his line of sight and were generally a distraction, he also didn't have a clue how to use them. Instead he moved along, pacing around the lake with a look of burning annoyance, growling in anger everytime he saw his reflection. What curse was this?! What had he done to earn such a humiliating punishment. Tail flicked in abrupt movements as he stomped around.

"Unicorns!"

d'Artagnan's receptors swung to the shout, head adjusting with antlers in tow. The voice was faint on the breeze and rang with distant familiarity to which the shade dismissed. Any voice could seem familiar on a small wind. The merlot Doctor moved off to answer the call, moving carefully like a predator scenting it's prey. Their land was sheltered and hidden, yet it seemed easily penetrable with these frequent visitors, an odd peculiarity and one d'Artagnan wanted to change. It was after a few minutes of walking, listening and scenting that the red boy finally fell upon who had called them. A bare head and a pigeon. What idiocy. The equine was easily recognisable, the mare had healed their injured after the invasion. Tor was it? The Doctor never was brilliant with names, it required actually listening. The other d'Art did not know nor could he care less. They were on dangerous territory. "Oh look, our periodic healer has come to visit us."

Fools. They know we don't accept outsiders so why do they still come?! The fact always confused the brute. Why tempt fate, it's not like many would willingly want to venture deep into the snows. Even to find this little gem of land. It just wasn't worth the risk. d'Artagnan put it down to lack of intuition, they were mice in the eyes of an owl. "What do you want here?"

His voice was brusque, so little he cared even in a situation when it might be best to. Begrudgingly he wished Psyche was here to deal with matters like these, he was too arrogant to deal with these cases. Diplomacy never came easy, that was where Kou came in. She filled the qualities he lacked in and completed him in every way possible. Her gentle voice and calculating mind held his madness in check in turn stopping him from making mistakes. The shade on the other hand, was better suited to matters of murder and the delicate ways of killing or maiming. Kou could set up his enemies so he could finish them off. A tag team to fear if any ever caught wind. A family also, Aviya and Mesec. A filly with eyes to kill and a demi-god of untold power. Their legacy continued.

h e l l can't handle all of us

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

I knew I had got off to a late start, their scents were very stained within my nares but that only said I was hot on the trail. Something had piked my interest though. Their prints in the snow led to a place I'd never been. It was a beautiful little place. Rather interesting. Continuing on I trudged through the ground. My wings were folded gently across my sides as I spotted the large image of Tor. I looked to the sky and there was a mare I had yet to come acquainted to. Though she was of my kin within the Grey so I would not plea against her sight.

When they stopped and the palomino mare landed to the ground I began to take note the odd way she stood out. Different said the white wings and halo. No objections to the so called 'beauty' but it was oddly not something I agreed to. I can't judge though, my own markings tainted my skin and stood out like a sore thumb. Mythical said I, realistic said they. Ah well. I was born this way so no objections can do. So back to the gathering. I arrive in time for a unicorn to show up. His tones were rather blunt and authoritative. Something I did not care much for. Don't get me wrong I am not afraid but yet annoyed. My legs stopped as I moved next to Tors side. Dipping my cranium gently as my eyes searched for hers.

After all I did owe her for the gracious journey to the Earth God. A lovely fellow.

Rafe Posts: 30
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

RAFE</style>
  The coldest blood runs through my veins</style>

With metronome steps and a solid gait, the red stallion followed the wings in the sky north through frosted wasteland. Blue eyes stared apathetically from under dark lashes and a thick, black forelock. Heavy hooves propelled his fit anatomy between towers of rock and ice, breath puffing in white. What a miserable landscape, filled to the brim with nothing. However, the temperature began to rise as he shifted through the pass, able to see some sort of light at the end of the white tunnel.

Much to his surprise, the valley that lay between the mountains was almost peaceful, and he lifted his four crowned features to observe. Caves dotted the perimeter. A large lake stood as a mirror of shifting glass, reflecting the bright sky. Members of his band stood nearby, assaulted by another with glass crows, one broken. Rafe wondered what stupid act caused him to damage what made him who we was, and the grim bay with the half-white tail struck forward.

A unicorn among unicorns, his body telling tales of his fitness in war, Rafe regarded d'Artagnan with the same, heartless apathy as with all others. Whether or not his emotions were still in tact, he was not sure; if he was a sociopath, he was not sure. He did not much give a damn as long as he got what he needed and did what he was supposed to do. The owl was faced with another bird of prey, and steely blue eyes gazed into brown and blue, height barely trumping the object of his attention.

Rafe had been called a blunt instrument before, but the monster was far too keen to be simply a tool. "To introduce ourselves," he cut in with a melodically resonating baritone. In a courteous gesture, the stallion lowered his neck, dipping his chin toward his chest for a brief moment. "Your current lack of leadership has not gone without notice, and you may find your new band ill equipped for matters of violence and shadowing." The stallion rolled his shoulders until they snapped and then settled once more. "We can offer certain talents, though I will let my comrades explain more."

Crow Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Crow followed his fellow Grey, wandering in silence behind the small band that had come to offer their services. Wings clamped to his sides, it would be a lie if the gentle giant said he had no fear of wandering, a winged creature, into a ruthless herd of racist unicorns. Always keeping his senses, he evaluated every step, making sure no one could make a surprised attempt at the group.

He was surprised to see a break in the Steppe, a basin sheltered within the mountains as if created for a purpose. The air smelled of rich minerals, the sky above clear and glorious. Though set in a barren wasteland, it was a total change.

He watched is painted lady land, and slowly made his way to Tor's side. Keeping a respectful distance, he waited beside her for the unicorns to make themselves known. Eventually, a chestnut stallion with a shattered horn came into view, sharing sarcastic words. Crow huffed. Sure, Tor may not share alliance with the Plague, but she had aided them in a time of difficulty. He could at least spare her some warmness. And he had no right to be rude and scoff at their wings - he carried a ridiculous set of antlers upon his skull, and his nose seemed to glow a faint red. Crow lost all sense of nervousness. This unicorn, this crazed racist killer, looked ridiculous. The white stallion pressed his lips shut and dropped his head, holding in a silent laugh.

Rafe then spoke up, shaking Crow loose from his fit of laughter. He offered the Grey's talents. Crow ached for a moment in his heart, knowing he offered nothing now but dead weight. But still, they held a size in numbers here so far, and that was good enough for him.

Resurgere | Wroth

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
everything is held at length

Faelene had hoped their home would remain a well kept secret, did those exist any more? The hell not in this place. There were too many on the prowl for such things, if they couldn't live a quiet life with their noses out of their business.

A puff of breath she blew her red locks from her face, and tipped her nose hearing a voice she knew call out for the unicorns. It was an odd summoning, and Faelene wondered what Tor could possibly want. Wouldn't she be a bit worried about hostiles? Everyone kept reffering to them as. A sigh slipping from her lips, she pushed from the ground, and brought herself to a stand. It would make sense the first time in months she lie upon the grass to merely be up again.

Walking with long steps she fell behind the Doctor at some distance, happy she was not the only one who had heard the call, and letting him find the latest visitors. By the time Faelene had made it there was a crowd of them with only one she had scene with her own eyes. Tor. The others she had little clue what brought them all together or here. D'art would ask what she wanted to know, and his voice mirrored a bit of some of her own emotions. Faelene gave them a cool gaze, ready to listen, and keep the peace. Psyche and Elizabeth gone there still needed to remain order, and the rest of the band needed to be kept safe. It was by an off look she saw d'art's strange appearance, but did not react.One of their guests a red, four horned Unicorn did the talking at first. It sparked an interest in Faelene, but they had to have their own reasons to want to "help them". "Please do," she said, taking her eyes to each one, wondering who could actually speak up, another then the stallion. "I think we are more interested in what such things cost."

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Quite an audience had assembled, but not as many of the Aurora Basin as she would have liked. She mutely regarded Tor, as she arrived on scene only moments after Phae. This was no time for introductions - for that would make The Grey seem disbanded and haphazard. But this must be the Healer - of this, Phae had no doubt. Her intuition was solidified as Tor called out for the Unicorns of this land. The first to answer this call, was not at all what Phae had expected of the Nightshade that she had heard so much about. No indeed, for this creature had two awkward antlers stemming from his brow, and a nose so red it almost looked infected, were it not for the odd glow it seem to have. Absently, Phae's mind wondered if it was not the same meddling magic which caused her normally tawny wings to become pure white, and a glistening halo to appear above her ears. Whatever it was, it certainly detracted from the seriousness of the situation.

...our periodic healer has come to visit us - These words were spoken to Tor. Phae's ears flickered uncertainly; Wasn't Tor on their side? What was she doing running around healing everyone? Without some pain in the world, the Grey's services would not be needed. Still, she knew little of Tor or her history, and forced herself to hold her judgement, for the time being.

Next to join the gathering were Aviya and Rafe; two more members of The Grey that she was ignorant of. However, by the line which was quickly being formed between us and them, Phae quickly picked out those who she believed to be on her side, however antagonist Rafe might seem. He spoke in a deep voice, pointing out the Basin's lack of leadership and short comings when it came to keeping their herd in check, and safe. Phae nodded as these words were spoken, looking pointedly at d'Artagnan, hoping these words were making an impact, and not simply falling on racist-ears.

Another pegasi had arrived, though said nothing. Phae furrowed her brow slightly, unsure of his place in The Grey, but again, said nothing to this affect, and let none of it show on her face. Her momentary confusion was broken quickly by the appearance of another Basin member. Her heart caught quickly in her chest as she recognized the red-haired mare instantly: Faelene. Friend to Tolio, and complicated love of Leander - both of whom she had had highly emotional interactions with. Tolio's had left a mark upon her heart, while Leander had only left her wings bloody. She had desperately wanted to speak to Faelene, to talk with her separately about The Grey, and the place that she and Tolio might have...but this was not the place. For a moment, despair etched her features as her mind unravelled different scenario's in which the choices that the two groups made now, negatively impacted the bond between Phae and Tolio. Biting her lip hard enough to draw blood in order to mask this pain, she sharply turned towards the dark mare, regarding her with a jaded and guarded green gaze. "There are many acceptable forms of payment: Herbs, amulets, crafted items..." Phae did not mention the few other alternatives, such as an alliance or shelter. Surely no alliance would be struck between the racist group, and The Grey; Now represented by 1 equine, 3 pegasi, and only 1 unicorn; and with BirdSong arriving, the Deep Forest suited them just fine. "However, with the resourcefulness your herd has demonstrated, i'm sure we can come to an understanding."

Phae's eyes glittered dangerously as she considered the delicate arts that the Grey had at their disposal. They could move faster than a herd; move un-noticed. They were not restrained by the young and the old, as the Aurora Basin was already beginning to be. They had no sick, nor any weak within their midst. They could provide results. Surely the Aurora Basin could see that, and view a possible partnership with the Grey as a business venture, rather than an alliance?

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

Two, three others of the Gray came silent. The blood-red warrior with eyes without pity, the pegasus she had taught, Avira, and the white stallion Crow, silent and soundless. Tor did not speak, just gave him a quick glance. Her brown eyes did not betray her emotions for once, a fact Tor knew and greeted with a touch of sorrow. Mayhaps she was changing more than she thought, but for better or worse she did not know.

In the sparkling pristine air, a fresh scent of Basin came, weaving through the tapestry of grass and minerals with deft fingers. Basin scent was a strong one, a powerful aroma. Tor had to give it to them- the Aurora Basin was a united herd in a way unlike many other bands she had met with. First came one Tor knew, at least vaguely, through her brief time with the ex-Edge at the Steppe. d'Art, she believed. He greeted with a rough voice, not so much a greeting as a growl to her, but instead of snapping, which would go against the fiber of her being, she smiled and nodded graciously. The blood warrior spoke up, his words with a steely note Tor had no doubt she would never be able to compare to.

And Faelene queried a good question of the price. Yes, the one idea Tor did not like so much. She glanced down at her amulet, found in the caves of sparkling jewels. "Your homeland would remain confidential. We do not share information with other clients. We are offering ourselves as a means to retrieve members of your band captured. We are specialists in our disciplines of sorts- I, healing, Crow here an sleuth, the unicorn a very strong warrior, and Phaedra a most excellent sleuth." Tor paused, waiting for any response, before continuing. "We have more among our group, this is a peaceful mission and we do not wish to harry you. We can leave or if you so wish, can decide on a deal. And d'Art, I would welcome any opportunity to speak of medicines and poisons with you." Had she been too bold? No. Tor didn't think so. As Ophelia's second, she believed most of the mission and negotiating fell on her shoulders with Ktulu and her closest friend here.

Resurgere | Wroth
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: darttable2.png]

d'ARTAGNAN the NIGHTSHADE

d'Artagnan watched on. His annoyance gaining new levels as each member of this idiotic group turned up. Did they really need to send so many? It worried him that they were found so easily when the land was so ineptly concealed. He allowed a nod, just one, to the unicorn who followed them, Rafe. His pelt the same colour as his own and horns so magnificently curved up the top of his head. Maybe he did play for the wrong side and it was regretful, but he was still kin and warranted d'Artagnan's recognition and greeting. The others received nothing but cold stares and disapproving scowls. They were like hounds yapping to their masters bidding, the latter to be nowhere in sight. Typical.

The Nightshade allowed Faelene to take control and spent most of his concentration keeping his anger in check. The sight of so many impure leaving a taste of blood in his mouth as some spoke and others remained silent. Curling red lips and a devilish swing of the head had the Mender's eyes on Phaedra, distaste plain and clear. A flash of blue glinted though tangled mane it had been harshly tied in, an amulet from the Moon found in the snowy wastes. d'Artagnan had no intention of giving it up, nor did he have any herbs to give them. Why would he keep herbs when he could simply turn back the wheels of time and erase the pain to a memory. So foolish was this offering, if he had to the Nightshade would travel to the land of hot sand himself and take back Psyche.

Tor was next after, furthering her comrade's promises and even having the guts to turn on him. To ask of his knowledge. d'Artagnan snorted. Idiot girl was all he thought as teeth shone through drawn back mouth. "What a merry conversation that would be" voice lacing with sarcasm and hidden intent. Surely she knew, the red boy wouldn't utter a word of his knowledge to her, the Doctor would slit her throat quicker.

h e l l can't handle all of us

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

Avira barely held eye contact with any of them. She knew they were racist and she would rather not deal with them. After all she was merely to be a healer and that was it. Though she could engage in battle, it was far from her nature. Granted she was far from scared to do so. Now, in this case, she would keep her electric eyes encompassed to the ground. Especially as her comrade with horns adorned even through to the top of his neck. He was at the grey's meeting. A rather distasteful blunt unicorn. He seemed to have no soul. A dull personality hidden underneath a pretty hide. Its a shame that if he wasn't so distasteful, maybe the mustang would find some likings toward him. Never until them. She would tolerate him as family because he was apart of her acquaintances within the Grey. That was as far as the relationship would, should, go.

Something caught her ears though. That something, a unicorn just as bitter as Rafe, d'Artagnan. Avira moved a heavy scowl across her face. It was a rather rude comeback for someone just offering them help. To Avira, if they would deny it so harshly maybe the Grey should deny them just as harshly. "I do believe that if you don't intend to be a true diplomat you should refrain from indulging yourself within this conversation, as time for misfits like you is short." she spat right back. Annoyed now. Then her attention was placed firmly upon Falene this time. She listened to her friends closely but paid all her likings to Falene. A rather tolerable and nice mare among a band of tyrants. Maybe they would outgrow their hateful ways. Or maybe they would simply grow worse and someone would put an end to their suffering.