the Rift

The Old calling the Ancient, take 2. [Goddess of the Moon]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

This is what I would have you see:

An old stallion - a Unicorn, comes to the veins.

He is walking slowly, and it is easy to see how tired and used up his ancient body is, by the way his skin clings to his old bones. But if you look closer, you will notice that it is not age alone, which slows his pace. He walks with a peculiar stride - gently extending a foreleg and dangling it there, before allowing it to crash down to the earth. There is nothing silent about this Unicorn's walk. But he is blind, so will forgive the noise that he makes, for the earth of Helovia certainly hasn't; his hide is literalled covered with wounds that range from small gashes on his stomach, to deep wounds on his chest and lower legs. The journey to the veins has not been easy; but why should life be easy? Why should anything be any way, anways? These were the types of thoughts that the unicorn's old philosophers' mind loved. Puzzles, paradoxes, riddles. But without his sight, his body was quickly loosing its desire to house his great mind, for it was not being properly taken care of. Myrddin hadn't eaten in weeks, and since he was blinded almost immediately after entering Helovia, he was constantly falling to his knees after knocking into bushes, trees, and rocks, since he didn't know the land.

It was humbling to his spirit, coming here. He had been denied once at the beginning of FrostFall, and his mind rallied against the rejection. He was a philosopher, a sophist to some - and being rejected without some sort of banter was almost incomprehensible. But then he had been blinded, and he understood. Had he wasted the God's attention previously, his chances of being ignored now, when he really did in fact need their aid, might be increased. Then again, they might not. Myrddin was newer to these lands still, and these were not his God's. Not yet, anyways.

Today he hoped that would change.

As he followed the rhythmic pulsing of the energy that called to hiim, he made his way into the very heart of the veins, to where the dark energy of the Moon Goddess's shrine called to him. Pulled by her dark lure, he mistakingly walked too far; bumping into her shrine. With a grunt, he retreaed a few steps, opening a new wound on his knee. Muttering to himself, he extended his bloody knee in a deep bow; curlilng his neck until it touched the opposing shoulder as he did so. His joints cracked and popped - making their displeasure known as he lowered himself fully down. His gnarled and twisted horn touched the soft earth before the Moon Goddess's shrine; his long beard touching the earth as well.

A single drop of blood from his knee fell into the cold stone of her shrine, and in his minds-eye, Myrddin thought this would not be un-pleasing to the Dark Goddess to whom he wished to speak.

"Here this, if you would hear me at all. I come seeking the Goddess of the Moon."

[OOC: It has been two months since Myr's last visit, here. Myrddin, having been blinded by Manhattan and Knox, would like a hybrid magic of light x dark. He would like a sort of 'lifeforce-echolocation'. He would send out a mental pulse into the environment, and would be able to create a mental picture of what is around him, based on the strength of the life force which is returned. He would also be able to visually 'see' strong emotions such as hate, as that typiclaly would 'increase' the life-force pulsation of an indavidual. For now, this ability won't really 'do' anything, except help him to not flail around Helovia so much :P. The upgrade I have in mind for him, would be that eventually the pulse he sends out could effect the life force of those he focuses on, either negativley or positivley.]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"I am listening, Myrddin."

The voice, soft and hushed, was but a brush of wind upon the pale ears of the stallion. He would hear little more, although perhaps he was more attuned to even the gentlest of vibrations, as the goddess formed herself from the shadow cast by her shrine and the constant gales that tore at the volcanic mountain.

She was a splendorous thing to behold; bathed in the dark violet of twilight and frosted in the grey haze of moonlight she was of surreal beauty. Her hooves first touched the cool stone of this divine mantle with her haunches still being molded - the noise was a gentle kiss of cold, like a star winking out into the night.

"My my you are a sad, old, broken thing aren't you?" the goddess tsked, her tones pitiful if slightly cutting. "What have you come to say?"

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Myrddin's great moose-like ears flicked forwards as the Goddess said his name in but a whisper. Luckily we all can recognize our names, no matter how softly, or how muddled they are spoken; our egocentric sense of self, is able to pick that much out. Unfortunately for Myr, he had grown too old for the remainder of his senses to feel compelled to pick up burden which his sightless eyes had left. His sense of hearing was not better, his skin was not more sensitive the world around it, his nose was not more attuned...His mind perhaps...But it had grown so great, that adding anything to it only provided marginal returns. As a mortal thing, there was only so much his mind could comprehend. One day though, he would break this body of ash and air and become a being of light; fully able to comprehend the world, as it is.

He felt the air seem to pull away from his slightly, as the goddess materialized. To Myr, it sounded like pieces of starlight neatly being fit together. He rose from his bow; silently thanking the goddess for not making him wait on his knee's for too long. His joints noisily crackled as he stood. Unsure of where to look, he raised his head high looking towards where the slight breeze of her materializing, had come from. My, my, you are a sad, old, broken thing aren't you? She did not sound as sympathetic as others he had encountered, and Myrddin decided that no, she probably was not bothered by his blood on her shrine.

"Broken, ay Lady; for these bodies were not meant to last....Although I am not as old as you." He said, his voice sounding like an amplified whisper. In truth, he envied the God's. Not for their power, or their beauty, but for their wisdom. For the time that they were given. I ask to be able to see again, but not as before. To see the life force that resides within all things; should that please you."

[OOC: This is technically passive magic. The upgrade would not be passive, as it would involve Myr being able to affect the life forces that he can see, but for now, it does classify as passive. Alex had advised that since I posted before the official decision was made about passive magic, that it was permissible. If you'd like me to pick something else, let me know :) ]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

[No you are perfectly fine~]

"No, I suppose not." The Moon responded with a hint of sadness, in as much equal parts to the tenor of pride. It might be a strange thing to recognize honor in, but to be able to bring life, watch it blossom, watch it wither, and snuff it out into death - that was work worth noticing. It provided balance and order, change and gratification. For those that were everlasting, things eventually stood still and joy, anger and sorrow all tasted the same.

There were some days when the gods envied the mortals. Perhaps that's why they spent time building them up only to knock them down. It was entertainment in as much as it was vengeance.

That's the way of existence though, envying that which you lack and grasping for reflections in the water in the hopes they might one day form solid and whole.

The Moon simpered.
A flick of her tail and the stars sighed, winking briefly. "I can only provide you the eyes Myrddin, you must learn how to use them," the Moon began, her voice lilting in every turn of the wind to surround him and push against him. The words she uttered were cryptic and her tone tight with warning. She doubted he would back down however, no matter the cost. Mortals were reckless like that, so quick to waste themselves into nothing. It must be the knowledge of their frailty that caused them to erode so willingly. If there was an inevitable demise then what true worth laid in trying to sustain anything?

She tilted her head to the side, horn running askew along her brow, as she considered the stallion's plight. "You must go and meet three different individuals, each portraying a different emotion. Find someone who is joyful, someone who is depressed and someone who is vengeful. Meet them and come to know them. Unravel the motives behind their expressions, the past haunting their actions. Whatever it takes, know them better than they know themselves. Only then will you ever be able to recognize the souls beating life into them."

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

You must learn how to use them

Indeed. Myrddin had not learned anything of any importance, in many, many years. He had acquired greater understanding of things, surely; Which brought only the knowledge that things were not what they seemed..A feeling of delicious anticipation surged through his old body, piquing his curiosity just enough, to convince his bones to rattle on a little longer, and learn this new thing.

Know them better than they know themselves

He appreciated the wisdom and the cunning in the Goddess's words. This was truly a task which would challenge his mind, in a way that he did not often bother. The emotional state of others? What concern was that, in the big scheme of things? Surely he manipulated others many times, by using their emotions against them...but he had never bothered truly understanding them. Chuckling, he nodded. "Ay Lady, I shall do as you say."