the Rift

Star Crossed Hearts (Spar, Stellaluna)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

A stag could be seen wondering through the still snowy plain of the Steppe. He was waiting for those who wanted to learn the basics of fighting, and although he wasn’t very good at it, at least they were going to be doing something with it. What better start than against an opponent that is equally matched? He sighed, watching his breath form in the air around him took it and squeezed the warm from it. He waited for the newer recruits of the Plague to come. Who would he get? He hoped it was someone he knew, but he guessed not. There were a lot of new Plague members that he had not yet acquainted himself with. That would change soon enough. The winter had definitely affected the grey stag more than normal. His coat had changed, and it was spotty instead of one color. He groaned, not knowing what was going on. He looked at it while he waited for someone. It was really strange to him, and he thought he would or should be growing some type of rash. It looked normal however. It wasn’t itchy. He looked around, making sure no one was there, and he licked himself. Nope, nothing but skin. He moved his mouth around. Maybe he should take a bath, he didn’t taste that good. He put his mouth full of snow and swallowed it, trying to the taste out of his mouth. He rolled over in the snow, hoping that would get the stuff off of his skin. Otherwise he would wait till winter was over to properly bathe. He still waited patiently against the setting sun for the spar to start, hoping someone would come soon.

[This fight will take place in the Frostbreath Steppe. Word maximum is 600, total number of posts will be 4, including a closing defense for whoever goes first, which will be Valentine. The winter effects are apparent on him, and you can have them apply to yours too. The first two moves will occur in the daylight, but since the sun is setting the last two moves and closing defense will take play in nighttime. I thought this would add a challenge to it, and would better enhance her skills. Good luck!]

[Edit: Valentine no longer had the unicorn effect, so just his red horn is there, but he does have the other effect]

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Stellaluna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Stellaluna
From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.

The rusty mare trotted across the thawing ground, mud beginning to coat her cloven hooves and forelegs. Two skewers rested upon her brow like a crown, and her head was held high to hold it. Stellaluna was told to meet Valentine for a lesson, and she wanted to learn. She was skilled in surprise attacks, the first blow being the fatal one. But she knew she was soon to be faced with actual face to face combat, and needed to learn some further technique.

Greetings, fair Valentine! she called, tossing her head in a respectful nod. I am ready for your lesson. I will try not to hurt you in the process. She gave a small wink and tapped her top horn against Valentine's, then wheeled around and retreated to stand, facing him, about a leap away. You first, darling, she called, waiting for his first attack.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

dyslexaphobia.deviantart.com | rayodesoleil.deviantart.com

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine smiled. She would be a good opponent indeed, and he was already proud that she was to be apart of their group. He nodded his head in greeting. He learned from Psyche not to dawdle with speech, so he skipped right to it. He took a moment to think of a plan, then activated it. He ran towards her, leaning to the left. He wanted her to think that he was going toward her left. Upon getting closer to her, just a few feet, he side steps to the left a little, then proceeds to side step more right in the next second. He aims his horn toward her shoulder, attempting to leave a small slash there. After he makes his attack he continues running then quickly turn around and assumes a defensive position. He smiles, hoping to see a gash were his horn touched her flesh.

[OCC:
Attack: He aimed his horn at her shoulder, wants to leave a light gash there.
Defense: After he attacks he gets into a defense position.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Unregistered
Stellaluna

Stellaluna dropped her head down, brow furrowing, as she watched the white and red stallion dance. He drove himself towards her, directly to her left side. A smile kissed her lips - he was acting predictable, this would be easier than expected. But as she side-stepped to avoid the attack, Valentine moved, grazing her side with his horn. His attack was light, as they were simply training, but the stinging sensation that bloomed upon her side stunned her. A small trickle of blood rolled down her copper coat. She snarled, leaping backwards, catching his eye. Nice shot! Don't expect it to happen again, She hissed, but a smile came to her mouth. This was stress relieving, and she felt all her troubles melt away as she focused on this.

She launched herself forward, her tiny size adding to her speed and agility. Golden toes dug into the terra, head down, her crown pointed at his throat. Her mane flew like a banner in her wake, tail extended to assist her balance. At the last moment she threw her head back, throwing her entire weight against him in an attempt to throw him off balance. She then quickly spun on her front hooves, lifting her rear end up and lashing out, aiming her hooves upon his hindquarters in an attempt to knock him to the ground. She stayed close, hoping he wouldn't be able to get up quick enough for her next attack.

::OOC:
Attack: She throws her weight against him, trying to throw him off balance so when she kicks at him, if she makes contact, he'll fall, or at least he will become thrown off.
Defense: No particular defense, leaves herself open to attack.::

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

He smiled when he saw her injury. He drew blood, which was unexpected. He laughed, throwing his own remark her way.
“You bleed too easily my child, what a shame.” She was smaller than him, that was certain, and quick. She did have a speed that Valentine could match, but it was a matter of what she did that made his speed count. Her body slammed against his, shocking him a bit. Even in his defense position she had knocked him off balance a little. He decided moving away from her was best, and she completely missed when she rears. He drops down and rolls away, and gets up in a half way position, with his front two legs firmly on the ground. He uses his legs to push himself forward, aiming his horn at her flank after she had reared. After his attack he runs away again, just as the sunset comes and sheds the Steppe in darkness.

[OCC:
Defense: He does get knocked off balance, but rolls away as she rears, so he is safe from that attack
Attack: He aims his horn at her butt after she is done rearing ;)]

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Unregistered
Stellaluna

Diving away, the copper mare's flank ended up just out of reach of Valentine's skewer. She lashed out her hind hooves, aiming for his jaw. Her front hooves launched her forwards, golden hooves clattering on the frozen earth. She slid to a halt, lifting her proud head and casting an amber glare upon the white stallion. The setting sun's rays silhouetted Stellaluna, a golden glow surrounding her as she blocked the light. Her dapples seemed to glow as well, reflecting the warm light. It was in this light she looked her most beautiful, a murderous angel of copper and bronze.

She then began to gallop towards Valentine, using the sun to her advantage. The last dying rays of light were shining directly at him, and she hoped they would blind him from her approach. She snapped her head down, and as she reached his side she attempted to slow herself, popping her head up in hopes of slicing him along his ribs. White teeth drove at his skin, aimed to sink into his warm flesh.

::OOC:
Stellaluna avoids Valentine's horn, and kicks out to hit his skull with her hind hooves. She then retreats and returns, using the sun to blind her opponent to her approach. She attempts to slice and bit Valentine's ribcage.

Usually she would try stabbing and truly injuring, but because Valentine is a friend, she would hate to stab and kill him ;) ::

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo
OCC: Working on rewriting my posts

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
3 weeks have passed, default win to StellaLuna.