the Rift

A Little Visit [Archibald]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Delinne

No more white. Finally. Delinne had been wandering for a long time now, and seeing the snow melt away couldn't have made her happier. Even though the ground was soggy, she was glad that the cold was gone. Her thin winter coat began to fall off her black body and made her body itch each and every second.
It had been a long time since she met Mandrake in the Heavenly Fields, a mare she did not wish to meet again. She had given her a peek ahead of her future companion - hopefully - and even though the thought of a blood-thirsty animal that could rip her apart scared her a bit, she still longed for the company she would have.
As long as she wasn't alone, it would all be fine.

The mare had wandered into unknown lands and now observed her surroundings. Where was she?
She had never been here before. But the smell reminded her of something... Something evil. Blue orbs searched for the area after anything that could be a threat, but nothing was found. Huh.
She would probably find out soon enough where she had met that scent before.

Dell snorted and continued her movement forward. The lands were beautiful, mostly trees so far, but still beautiful.
Cold air chilled her body and made her mane move from it's place on her neck. White lightnings were spotted against the black coat, almost glistening as the few sun rays met her appearance.
She raised her head up to the cloudy sky and took a deep breath, just to lower her head to "normal" setting once again.
"Is it anyone there?," she called, searching for living creatures. She saw a rabbit jumping among the trees and a bird sat on a twig just looking at her.
How come she had never been here before, still recognized the place from somewhere?

"blah blah blah"

These scars we wear remind us
The more we change, the more we're all the same
image credits
coding = tempest @ sordid secrets

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald stood in the shadows of the trees, downwind from the approaching unicorn. Her scent was foreign, her figure something he had only seen glimpses of in the invasion. He prickled. This bitch was trespassing on his land and he was not going to let her go without teaching her about boundaries. His golden eyes narrowed as she spoke and he barreled out of the forest. His thick legs carried him through bushes and cracked dead branches. His white hooves and feathers were caked in the dark, wet mud of the Foothills. Loretta burst past him, and ran around the dark mare snarling rabidly.

As Archibald ran towards her he pressed his hooves down harder and harder, releasing his power into the earth and causing it to shake uncontrollably. Archibald's put his large dead and with his ears pinned back. Stretched his neck Archibald snapped his teeth near the mare's flank, purposely not sinking into her flesh. He was warning her. Turning his body slightly Archibald stopped quickly, the shaking ceasing with his hooves.

"You dare trespass on the Windtossed Foothills? I am warning you, mare, that if you wish harm upon this land you will not leave it with your life." Loretta settled near Archibald, the hair along her spine lifted as she snarled. She may not have been able to communicate with her bondmate, but she knew her job well enough to react in the manner she did.

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

The sound of a broken branch made her flick back her ears and she looked around. There was someone here after all. As the noise came closer, she tried to see into the darkness of the trees even though it was useless. The sun rays didn't help her a bit.
As she heard the noise came closer, she backed a little. Maybe she wasn't allowed to be here? Was this a holy place?
Dell snorted quietly and turned her head, only to catch the giant standing there. Holy..!

She jumped and got away from his warning bite. Shit! Her eyes followed the figure from hooves to head. This one was big.
She looked the equine in his eyes, practically staring at him. He was huge. His black face was solid except for a thick blaze stretching from his forehead to his muzzle - covering it in white - and his four legs was decorated with white socks.
Somehow she recognized him, but couldn't quite remember where. He spoke with a solid voice, making her feel like she was intruding and had to go away.
"You dare trespass on the Windtossed Foothills? I am warning you, mare, that if you wish harm upon this land you will not leave it with your life." What? She didn't wish to harm anyone.

Dell looked upon the huge stallion and said with a clear and confident voice;
"I wish no harm to this land; I only seek for someone whom I have to talk to. I seek for someone that's been involved with a mare named Mandrake." Her name made the mare shiver, as her mind imprinted the picture of the jaguar. That hadn't been the most pleasurable moment for her, exactly.

Word count: 289
OOC: Just tested the other table x3 And not much muse for Delinne, but this will have to do ^

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Loretta lowered herself to the ground, ready to strike. The muscles in the red and white dog's shoulder coiled as her lips curled back to expose her powerful fangs. Loretta was not friendly when it came to newcomers and fed drastically off of Archibald's emotions. She was not inside his head, but she knew her duty. She could see his emotion clearly displayed through his actions and she knew exactly how to react.

Archibald watched the female, body held in a dominant position. "You are still trespassing, whether the idea of destruction in coursing through you or not." Archibald spat, muscles tightening and quivering with the desire to attack. The beast took one step forward, mud slinging forward as his feathers twisted around his hooves. A spark went through his eyes as Delinne spoke of his mother. "Why do you seek to speak with an associate of the mare?" Even through his initial anger, Archibald was intrigued to hear what the lightning-marked mare had to say about his mother.

Archibald wondered if his mother was making enemies. Surely, if that was the case, she would have sought him out. It was Archibald's perpetual duty to keep the earth cleansed of his mother's enemies--he had done so with such ferocity his entire adult life. Archibald's eyes narrowed darkly to mask the speculation he was forming about his mother.

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

The dog next to the great stallion growled and made Delinne back away. She was clearly not welcome here, but she needed to find someone that had been involved with that mare.
The Earth God had told her to do so.
"You are still trespassing, whether the idea of destruction in coursing through you or not." Delinne closed her eyes as the stallion spat at her and then stared back at him. Seriously?
She took another step back as both the stallion and the dog prepared to attack her. How lovely. When he asked her why she needed to find that someone, she took a step forward again. Why would she be afraid?

"I'm on a quest from the Earth God." Eight words, simple as that. She didn't need to explain any further - at least she hoped so. Something inside her told her that telling everything to this stallion would not be such a great idea. And then she remembered where she had seen him before.
The battle. Delinne widened her blue eyes and stared at him. He had attacked them. He had helped them taking over their home.
This stallion had helped them taking over her home.
'Oh hell no... No.' Dell snorted and observed him. At the same time, she kept an eye on the dog. No surprise attacks here.

Word count: 222
OOC: No muse ._. And holy shit, I got a nice amount of words 8D

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

"The Earth God is a great god. Because he sends you, I will let you have your answer." Archibald took a step back, brows furrowing and eyes watching Delinne skeptically. His black body tensed, his muscles clearly defined under the taught skin. Loretta crouched beside him, ready to strike. The fuming anger from Archibald was still apparent, even through his softening words.

"I can tell you what you need to know about the mare--but nothing other than that. I am Archibald the Dauntless, son of Mandrake." He did not add that she had many other sons, or that he was her favorite, or anything else that was directly related to his family. Archibald would not stand here and talk over his family business, but because it was requested from the Earth God Archibald would give her the bare minimum. It was no secret that Archibald favored the Earth God above all others--the bay god had blessed him with his incredible power as well as his wondrous companion. Archibald would be forever thankful and in debt to the deity. Apart from being blessed by the hooves of the patron earth, the god looked over the Foothills like it was his child. Archibald shared a similar love for the mountainous region, and he felt connected to the god because of it.

"Tell me, what does the Earth God demand of you, how full of knowledge must you be before returning to his shrine?" Archibald flicked his tail impatiently, already growing tired of standing here. His body wanted to chase the mare away, teeth scrape over the contour of her muscled rump as he watched her run away from him like a scared whelp.

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D e l i n n e

Son?
He was that nightmare's son? Dell looked at the impatient stallion and observed him. He was way too big to be her biological son, so he had to be adopted. But the black mare didn't say a word to the stallion. Who knew what damage he could make?
She had to finish the quest alive.

The Earth God had to see that she could make this through. Even though she hadn't met him or even heard about him before seeing him at the Veins, she felt like she had to get his approval.
"Tell me, what does the Earth God demand of you, how full of knowledge must you be before returning to his shrine?"
Delinne raised her head and looked up at Archibald the Dauntless. He was probably a leader, at least he would've been in her homeland if he had been a unicorn.

Her damned homeland that she would never return to.
Dell sighed and took a deep breath before talking. She just hoped that she would make it out of here alive in one piece.
"Archibald the Dauntless, I need to know how you have been affected by your mother. That's what the Earth God demands from me," Dell spoke and then lowered her head. Time to show a little respect.
After all, he was the son of a freaky-jaguar-transforming mare.

Word count: 225
OOC: -

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

That is where Delinne fell short. Archibald was the biological son of Mandrake. Him and his twin, Vincent, were carried her her womb. His father, as told to him, was a massive stallion at nearly 19 hands tall, just as Vincent and Archibald were. The black twins took nothing from their mother--everything they had was directly a result of their father. Maybe Mandrake hated that, maybe she loved it. No one would ever know.

"My mother has my unshakable loyalty--what she does, I do." Archibald said shortly, answering the female with no more than she need to know. Less is more, Mandrake had always taught him. Archibald was not a creature of words, although he did speak well and almost beautifully at times. This time, however, was not one where the unicorn would be able to gain insight in part of the Dauntless that not many others had witnessed. Archibald was too hell-bent on getting this mare out of his land as quickly as possible.

Golden eyes took in the sign of respect the lightning-marked mare showed, and he let his muscles relax. By lowering her head, Archibald knew she would not be here to fight. Loretta, noticing Archibald's new relaxed, but still solid, stance, she followed suit and softened. However, her amber eyes still stayed cold as ice on the mare. Her tail flicked behind her impatiently, mirroring her bonded.

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

As the giant stallion before her relaxed with softened muscles, she relaxed too. Not too much though, because the dog next to him was still on it's watch.
Delinne looked up - still with a low head - and took in his words. Loyalty? To that mare?
Was he crazy?
Even though he called that grey mare that she had met before his mother, she couldn't believe him as much as she wanted to. How can you show respect for a freak? Dell hadn't given her father her loyalty, still he had freaked her out.

The horned mare thought about it again. How could such a giant stallion, that appeared so full of power, go under the orders of a small, but scary, mare? Mandrake hadn't showed that much power, except for that other side of hers.
Freak.
An image of a black jaguar hissing at her appeared in her mind and a shiver went through the black and white body. She just hoped that her friend wouldn't hiss at her like that...
She sighed and raised her head a bit, but relaxed in her body language so that neither Archibald or his dog would feel threatened.

The last thing she would like to experience was a dog attacking her and a giant draft crushing her underneath one of those big hooves.
Her scar on the left side of her body was almost fully healed; The visible memory of her fight with Paladin. Blood-traitor...
Had Archibald been a part of the invasion? The mare looked at the draft from head to hooves. Maybe she'd seen him...
"Thank you. I better leave, then."

ooc: Gonna use my new and pwetty table c: lost my muse in the end due to distractions x)
word count: 272