the Rift

What are you doing? ( Ink | Quest)

Ghayth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The smokey gray figure trudged through the meadow. Green and lush grass starting to grow. Flowers dotted the landscape, and brought a slight joy to the stallion. Frostfall had been harsh, but even he, who loved water, hated that particular Frostfall. The snow seemed to have a frigid bite. The sky had been spitting snow at us for a long time and the stallion's mood had been odd. He had remained quiet and lowly, but more so than normal. The stag walked next to the stream. The merging and separating blues were so authentic he wanted to 'play' in the stream. No Ghayth.. Repeated that thought he told himself to to get a grip. I am here to think.. not play in a clear, blue, welcoming stream.

He looked up at the sky. Recently the moon's gray stance was busy hiding the sun. The sun made no move to remain hidden. It shone it's rays around the moon creating an illusion of a burning moon. The sun deserved to be hidden. The one who controlled it had illegibly been very disrespectful to some horses. Ghayth was no match for the sun god, but he didn't think it was right to do such a thing and only be banished for Frostfall.

"Forget them.. I need to remember his exact words." He thought deeply. Concentrating on his memory. "Find one that can paint upon you the picture you desire." He paused savoring each word that left his black lips. It seemed easy enough to do, but he knew no one here. "Travel to the place were lovers rest, and when night falls, bathe in it's waters." That seemed easier to do. He had heard of a place with a tightly packed grove. That could be where lovers rest, right? He had forgot the tidbit on bathing at night, but he would most likely remember later in the day.

The gray was slender. Dense legs and a dished face. He was tall for his Arabian breed, but short to others. His eyes held no discoloration, just true blue. His back was short, but he looked proportional. No two shades, just the same color over his coat. He was sure-footed with jet black hooves. His appearance wasn't all that lacking, but his personality was. He was shy and untreated fairly. Many blew him off thinking he wasn't worth any time or energy. Deep down he was fun. Loyal when treated equally, but very deceptive when treated poorly by anything. His personality could be altered in the flick of a dime which could cause many ripples in his social life.. if you thought he even had one. Some thought he was just a corrupt foal that fell one to many times. Others just took one look then left. No on, but his parents, had given him a mere chance at any means of anything social. He wanted someone to actually believe in him. He knew his child-like dream would be one that would shrink into a spec then burst. It was always worth a try. Even if you are in the process of failing miserably.

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I've been flying for so long, trying to find her, that exhaustion eventually overwhelms me and my body begs me to stop.
No, that's wrong, isn't it? It's not quite my body - not this mass of dark fluid I've become, twisted into the form of an owl with a few simple brushstrokes from my tail. This body does not feel, does not yearn, does not need. I could probably wither away in this body and it would never matter.

It is my mind that pleads for respite.
I guess that's my safety. Even if I passed out I'd lose the focus to maintain and eventually return to me.

I drop from the sky in a dive. I leave behind a black trail of ink so rapidly dissolving into fine particles it's a mist that's all too soon dispersed. I continued to sink into the horizon, falling down, down, down to the earth. I splatter against the vibrant grasses of this meadow, tangled in the stalks of flowers and weeds alike. I am but a dismal smudge on this beautiful landscape, dripping into the soil to stain and ruin.

I close my eyes gently, somewhere in this murk I feel them, sense them, have them. When next I open them I have returned to me, a dark, lanky horse foolishly splayed in the meadow. I lift my head to glance at myself, still unaccustomed to this shift and fearful one day I will look and find myself only partially remade. For now I am whole.

Snorting quietly I flop back against the ground, the cool of the dirt kissing my left side. Thoughtfully I browse at the foliage near me, not even bothering to raise my head. In this manner, munching on a dandelion, I muse over what I have seen and learned this past turn as I continue my search for the DragonHeart and her keepers.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Ghayth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
In the midst of his poise dreams, the ivory stallion could smell something unusual. It smelt dirty and grimy. He lifted his muzzle to the heaven and looks in the sky with his cyan orbs. Warm and happy memories, grown foggy with age, rose up in him at the sight. A black bird flew through the sky and left a black path, but it evaporated almost instantly. Maybe this could be a friend? The bird landed and splattered everywhere. Oh my god! Is he ok? Little Ghayth got nervous and galloped to the thing. Before he got there, the animal merged into a horse.The air warming as a green field unrolled beneath his hooves as far as he could see, the sky turning to summer blue. Not so far away, a quartet of trees formed a little fence-like barrier. Memories had brought back that old landscape, but not the figures that had frolicked across it. No, he couldn't get so lucky, not when he knew all too well that he was alone. He gave voice to a whinny that held a lonesome note to it.

"Sir, are you ok? I am Ghayth and you are..?'' The gray body watched the stallion intently. Ivory ears flickered forward as his head lifted up from where it had sunk. His muzzle stretched towards the horse. He'd become a bit drowsy with the unseasonal warmth, but his gaze locked on the ink covered stallion that lay in front of him.

Interest made him fully alert, for he'd never really been this close to a ink one before. As he watched her, Ghayth noticed how the field of green and its clear blue sky above it. A bit peculiar alteration this one had, but one that he didn't find of enough importance to comment on. Instead he settled on exchanging pleasantries. He wondered if this thing could hear him, see him, or smell him. He smelt him.

A peaceful little silence fell between them for a short while. He looked around at the scenery. For a time, there was nothing but an expanse of white above and green below, but with every blink she saw another level of detail arise from the earth. The green became countless blades of grass, the white separated to create several light, fluffy clouds, and a cool blue filled the gaps between them. The sun rose and fell rapidly, shifting the shadows around her, bringing dew to the earth, and speeding the passage of time. It was magic. The seasons shifted from freezing to pleasant. The snow had melted. The sun happened to be high and bright. It smelt clean and crisp now.

The sky would eventually settle at a cool dusk, leaving the sun out of his eyes and the wind at a calm, settled place. He found himself with company and at peace at last, perhaps for the first time in a while. His days had been long and hectic before, and he was not a stallion that was accustomed to work of any sort. He found the activities to be taxing and unrewarding, and each day grew more bored with his place amongst the bodies of horses. But they had a common, just goal, and he supposed that if he was to stand for anything, he would stand for that. He had no where else to go. But he knew that each time he whispered the truth, he was simply receiving hate from others, and the idea irked him. His skin crawled just thinking about all those disregarding his presence, because, try as he might, he couldn't always see through it. Not yet, anyway. He didn't look at the overall picture. He looked at was happening now. He had company and that over joyed him, but it would be short lived like everything else. He would have someone to talk to even if this thing couldn't hear. Maybe it could?

OOC: I am his new RPer and I thought I could finish this out if you' like to.