the Rift

[BASIN] Broken into Pieces [Joining, OPEN]

Dakini Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I have destroyed our love, it’s gone

Payback is sick, it’s all my fault…

Woods, darkness and loneliness. That's all I could see through my golden orbs. That's all that existed now. I had nothing more to be here for, nothing to call my home.
Snow was still covering parts of the ground and made the forest look messy. Sure, the warmth from the sun was welcomed after this harsh winter, but the sun would probably never look into my heart again.
Not like the first time.
I could still see his face, my Prince, as he yelled at me with all of his heart and soul. I tried to tell him that I had been manipulated but.. No.
His blue eyes had been filled with such sorrow and disappointment and he wouldn't listen to me. He didn't accept an excuse or any explanation.

A sigh left my black lips and I looked around me. Where am I anyway? I didn't recognize this forest at all, but... On the other hand, I hadn't recognized the other places I've been to either.
My dappled coat was dirty and mud was smudged all over my slender body, even some in my mane and tail. Damn insects had made me roll around on the ground... Yuck.
Dirt wasn't exactly my best friend, as I was used to getting groomed by my servants in my kingdom. Well, ex-servants now.
Just the thought of that equine that had lurked into the land and enchanted me made me sick and even more depressed than I already was.

Why?! I stopped and stomped in the ground with my one front hoof, making the snow swirl around my leg. If that freaking stallion hadn't wandered in and charmed me, I would still rule together with my Prince. But no no...
Once again I sighed and closed my eyes. Tears ran down my cheeks, making the blue markings shine behind all the dust. They were the markings I had inherited from my dearest parents, who died when I was only 3 years old. Right before the stallion had arrived.

And where were the residents of these woods? Or land or whatever it was. I hadn't seen anyone since a few pegasi that decided to prank me. Thanks to them, I almost disliked the species just as much as equines.
Any hornless creature stood lower than us, the elegant unicorns.
If only I could, I would eliminate all the ones without horns.
If only...

Word Count: 400 [EXACT 400 8D]
OOC: New characters = newfound muse <'3

"blah blah blah."

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

(I don't expect to meet that word count, so sorry fi my posts are a little short.)

Returning to the same place she had first entered Helovia through was a nostalgic thing for Aryel. It was here she had stopped to sate her hunger on late-winter grass, and met a strange glowing bird. Said bird had eventually given her the shining purple gem that hung on a chain around her neck, and left her traveling south in the direction of the herd that had later become her home. She had also met Athena here, a pleasant mare that, despite being younger than her, seemed to have the wisdom and calmness of a much older horse.

Walking through the trees, she was surprised to see that there was still a little snow left, clumped in dejected-looking piles slowly melting in the tree shadows. And so Frostfall always gives way to Birdsong, she thought, feeling oddly poetic. Soon the snow would be gone for good and the best time of year would begin, when plants grew in abundance, foals and other young creatures were born, and life bounced back in full force from Frostfall's trials.

A sound caused Aryel to stop, ears pricking upwards alertly. Sounded like something had stomped a hoof. Curiously, she began trotting in the direction of the noise, wondering who else was traveling through.

The horse she discovered was a fine-boned Unicorn mare, with dappled brown fur and a twisted white horn. Her elegant colors normally wouldn't have made the roan feel garish, but with the addition of her new markings she felt a little conspicuous. Swirls stood out faintly on her cheeks, but the most notable feature was the ugly, barely-healed scars crossed on her muzzle. Ouch. What's more, the mare seemed to be upset about something. "Hey," said Aryel quietly, lowering her head and walking forward. "You alright?"

"blah blah blah."

"WHAT IS THIS GYPSY MAGIC SH*T?!"

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Unregistered

As I thought that the forest couldn't become more quiet, a sound made my ears flick forwards. Someone was obviously approaching me, but as I observed the surroundings where the sound came from I became suspicious. A glowing, yellow light floated among the trees.
The heck?!
I stretched my neck out of curiosity and tried to see what was coming, but didn't see much as the light became brighter.
Though I didn't have to wait long to see what had come my way. A pegasus. A very colorful pegasus mare, too. Her rump and belly was light colored with bright colors like red, green and blue while her wings were white as the snow that rested on the ground. And right above her ears, a yellow halo floated as if she was an angel.
Or was she an angel? Had I gone crazy by the sadness?

As I had observed the winged something that approached me, I barely heard the words she spoke to me. What was she, this bird? Even though her white wings were disgusting and looked misplaced to me, she was kind of beautiful.
"Hey, you alright?" was the words she said to me. A bird was talking to me. Yuck.
But I knew that I couldn't ignore this strange creature even if the thought of having a conversation with it was appalling.
How was I supposed to respond? 'Oh, I'm alright, do you want to explain why you are looking like one of the clowns I used to laugh at?' I can't say that. Even if I want to. The winged came closer and I knew that I had to say something quickly.

"I-I'm fine," I said and took a step backwards. 'Don't you dare come any closer.' The thought remained silent in my head and it was hard to resist the urge to say it.
"May I ask who you are, brightly colored one?" I once again resisted the urge to call the stranger a clown, but I knew that it wouldn't take me anywhere.
Blergh, why a pegasus of all species?

Word Count: 347
OOC: c::

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel stopped her advance as the mare took a step back. She knew how to be sensitive at times, and could tell this horse needed a little space. Whatever had happened, she didn't seem to want to talk about it.

She couldn't stop her ears from going back as the mare noted her bright markings. "Don't even mention the spots." she huffed, self-consciously shuffling her wings to block the view of them. "I promise you I wasn't born looking this garish. I was a nice tidy blue roan until a few days ago, and then I wake up looking like this. Even more, I heard it's happened to a few other horses too. The gods must be laughing themselves silly up there." She tossed her head. "I hope they run out breath and choke."

Still, it would do no good to sit and mope about it. Nothing other than the colors was wrong with her, and she just hoped it would go away soon. "Anyway, I'm Aryel. I live in the Dragon's Throat, south of here." She flicked her tail in the general direction. "It's a desert, but it's really nice there. Open space, grazing not far away. The sands themselves are a good buffer zone for the wingless, and they're even building a wall. Why, I wouldn't know." She shrugged, wings shifting as her shoulders rolled. "There's a group of elitist Unicorns who I heard had aspirations to rule all of Helovia, but that's just silly if you ask me. They'd never be able to do it." It was a ridiculous concept, thinking one little band could defeat three strong herds. Aryel had never know racism in her life, and it didn't occur to her this horned one might share their views. "So how about you? What's your name?"

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

"Don't even mention the spots." Who was she, a mind reader? I snorted and looked at her. She had covered up her rump and belly with the large, white things she had.
Suddenly, a whole wave of words came right at me and I flicked my ears back. I'm not much of a talker, not right now...
"I promise you I wasn't born looking this garish. I was a nice tidy blue roan until a few days ago, and then I wake up looking like this. Even more, I heard it's happened to a few other horses too. The gods must be laughing themselves silly up there."
Gods? What Gods? I looked up at the sky without raising my head, and saw nothing but pieces of grey-ish blue and tree crowns that bloomed with new leaves. What was these strange lands?

This pegasus talked a lot. And I mean A LOT. I just stood there, looking at her as if I was interested in every single word. Really, I just wanted to move on further into these lands and find a unicorn and a home where there only are unicorns.
Aryel. The mare's name was Aryel. I looked into the mare's light blue eyes. What was that second part she said? I turned my whole body to face the winged one.
"There's a group of elitist Unicorns who I heard had aspirations to rule all of Helovia, but that's just silly if you ask me. They'd never be able to do it."
I immediately knew that I had to get there, because maybe I would forget my... No. I lowered my head and closed my eyes again. I would never forget him. Not my love.

But maybe I could become royalty again. Maybe... I had to ask her where you could find unicorns or at least where all the places in this land were.
"So how about you? What's your name?" I almost snorted at her. One does not ask for a royalty's name just like that. I raised my head and sighed, before I decided to answer her. After all, she didn't know my past. And she would never know.
"My name is Dakini," I said. It wouldn't hurt if she only knew my name. I didn't care about feather-heads, I just wanted to find someone with at least a horn and make myself comfortable again. I needed someone that I could talk to - but I didn't want any pegasus or equine to talk to. Yuckie.

"How many herds are there, or is there only the.. What was the name again? The Throat?" I took a small step backwards, as I wanted to move on.

Word Count: 447
OOC: I just woke up -___- blergh..

"blah blah blah."

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

"Is that so?"

An accented voice came, and from out of the shaded trees came the brindle stallion, his eyes regarding the colorful pegasus with amusement. He had noticed few in the Basin suffering similar effects since the start of Birdsong, but none had been as humorous as this one. Silently he had stood in the distance, downwind from the pair as they exchanged their words. He had not heard everything, but he had not missed the mention of the very Plague that he called his family.

Now that his cover had been blown, Crowley shifted his yellowed eyes from the Pegasus to the Unicorn, admiring briefly the chiseled horn growing from the middle of her forehead. She was who he was truly interested in. A coy grin pulled at his lips as he turned his attention entirely upon her. "Dakini, if I heard correctly? Well, miss, I must truly apologize for your unfortune, having run across this mongrel." At this, he shot the younger mare a peculiar look, before looking back to Dakini yet again.

"There are few more lands than the Throat here, darling. But if you value the supremacy of your kind, then I extend an invitation to you. I don't believe Rainbow-Butt here can offer you what I can." Here, he allowed for the mares' imagination to take over. He could not, and would not exploit his precious Plague family, only hoping that Dakini would take him up on the vague offer. It was then that the brindle turned to begin his saunter back into the depths of which he had come, but not before one last, teasing look was given in Aryel's direction. "Tatty-bye, love."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

"The Dragon's Throat, actually." said Aryel. "Not sure who came up with that name. Who'd want to live in a dragon's maw? But aside from that, there's also the Windtossed Foothills. Nice group, mostly equines but everyone is allowed to joined. Same goes for the other herds. And then there's the World's Edge, who are mostly unicorns. Friendly bunch there, too. You know, that's where those crazy elitists were kicked out of." She snickered. "Wish I had been around to see that."

Aryel had not yet heard of the great exodus the Time God had led, bringing the Plague out of the bare Steppes and into their own valley. If she had, though, you could bet she would be out interfering with them in any way possible, not speaking with this somewhat-arrogant mare.

But it seemed she was about to.

She glanced over her shoulder as she heard a cultured voice, and watched the speaker step from the shadows. A peculiar-coated dual-horned Unicorn, probably older than her, but wearing a smug look that made her immediately dislike him. And his words proved to cement that dislike. "Mongrel?!" she squeaked, her voice becoming high-pitched as her trademark quick temper took hold. She glowered at him as he addressed Dakini, then turned to leave, but not before passing a last snide remark.

Oh, that was it.

"Now just hold on a second." she snorted, galloping forward to clamp his tail between her teeth and yank on it with much more force than was necessary. Releasing his tail, she stuck her face in his, or as much as she could manage from two hands closer to the ground. "I don't know who the bloody hell you think you are, Stripes, but if you got a problem with me, then say it to my face." Quivering with anger and indignation, she stared directly into his eyes, wings half-opened in preparation to fight. Had she had hackles, they would no doubt be standing straight up.

(Aw heck, now you've done it >:D)

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

The second voice made me turn my head in confusion. If this was another pegasus, I would brea...
Oh.
I followed the unicorn with my eyes as he came out of the shadows and observed him closely. He was a true unicorn with a very strange coloring on his body. Black with white stripes all over him. I had never seen anything like it.
Well, he could be anything he wanted to be - only important thing was that he had at least one horn. The stallions voice was was nice to hear and smooth to my ears.

"Dakini, if I heard correctly? Well, miss, I must truly apologize for your unfortune, having run across this mongrel." Hehe. I smirked and looked with an amused look on the pegasus. Mongrel was the perfect word, and the reaction from the mare almost made me laugh out loud.
She was offended! Hah!
I looked at the unicorn again and smiled like if he was an old friend of mine.
"Yes, Dakini is indeed my name. And thank you for showing up, dear gentleman," I answered with a smile, observing him with my golden orbs.

And what he said next almost made me happy.
"There are few more lands than the Throat here, darling. But if you value the supremacy of your kind, then I extend an invitation to you. I don't believe Rainbow-Butt here can offer you what I can." I took a step his way, and smirked at the 'Rainbow-Butt'-comment.
With a look on the pegasus, I listened to her small respond. She seemed to be irritated to the very limit. And she tried to snatch his tail.
"I don't know who the bloody hell you think you are, Stripes, but if you got a problem with me, then say it to my face."
I snorted loudly at the mare and then looked at the stallion. Would he tolerate this from a featherbrain?

"I accept the invitation." Without even a glance at the winged clown, I trotted closer to the unicorn. Would I get the comfort I so needed?
And would I be brave enough to tell someone about my past?
The image of Prince's cold eyes appeared in my head again and I tried to keep the tears away. I had to tell someone. But only of my kin, no one else...
Urk.

Word Count: 393
OOC: ._. XD

"blah blah blah."

At Dakini's comment, Crowley's lips tugged back in that trademark grin of his. "I am no gentleman, dear, quite the opposite really. But thank you nonetheless." To hear her accept his invitation, he gave a simple nod of his head before he had turned. If this mare was as fiery in her hatred towards other species as she let off to be, then she would make a wonderful addition to the family.

Although the shadows had barely shaded him, the stallion's trek was stopped when he felt an abrupt tug upon his tail. Instantly he knew of the culprit, and pivoting around, he found the Pegasi's face jutted into his own. Or, well, as close as she was able given their difference in height.

While most would wheel around and throw themselves into a fight, Crowley was not like that. No, he much preferred the power of his words, watching his victims boil over the edge while he sat back laughing. With a scowl, he took a step back and lifted his head from the mare's. "Smelly breath, mate," the brindle said in response to the polka-dotted mare, a chuckle escaping his throat before he dropped his head again, looking deeply into her azure eyes. For a moment, his own were full of mirth, obviously having much too fun with his current situation, before they faded into a more sympathetic look. "Now, darling, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings..." The rage at which the Pegasus displayed was laughable, but the unicorn managed to keep his face as straight as possible. "But I digress; it is not my fault that you were brought into this world as a lesser."

His words might have posed a challenge to the strangely marked lass, but in his eyes, this all was true. Equines and Pegasus were not entirely useless, however; they could make magnificent slaves, as one little stallion had proved back at the Basin.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel's nose wrinkled as the male criticized her breath, but said nothing. Pure anger and rage had brought about a kind of red-tinted clarity. She had simply become so mad that she had begun to think again. She didn't once break their little staring contest, not even when Dakini moved to stand beside the stallion. Why should she care? She had tried to be nice, and this mare was obviously too much of an entitled ass to care.

"Don't 'darling' me, hornhead." she muttered as the male spoke again. She didn't buy into his sympathetic act for one second. These two may have thought themselves superior, but as far as Aryel was concerned, their arrogance and disrespect for other equines made them less of a horse. Racism was an unknown concept in Redrock. The unicorns were noble, if a little out there, and looked to for their intelligence and magic. The equines, loyal, steadfast, and dependable, made good guards. The pegasi, while impulsive and flighty, could be counted on to report any danger before it got to the valley. Everyone worked together as one harmonious unit, with nothing but title marking one horse above the other.

The thought that horses could be so stupid as to assume breed made one superior was ridiculous. Absurd.

And it infuriated her.

"So, I'm a lesser, huh?" asked Aryel, eyes suddenly alight with craftiness. "Then surely, it would be beneath your notice if I did this." And with that, Aryel's head darted forward to nip at his neck. It was not a playful nip at all, though. Not in any sense of the word. Aryel had gone in to do a serious bite, teeth closing on the skin where his neck almost met his shoulder. While not really sharp, equine teeth could be like a vice, and would hurt nonetheless. It was basically the equivalent of shoving somebody to provoke a fight.

And provoke a fight was just what Aryel wanted to do. She felt pain like any horse, but with the adrenaline rushing through her body, she had one desire, and that was to attack this horse for daring to criticize non-unicorns, for daring to think he was above all others because of a lump of keratin on his head.

While many horses would have no doubt backed away at the sight of this stallion's formidable horns and brawn, Aryel had the unfortunate habit of not giving a whit if her opponent was bigger than her. In fact, most everyone she met was bigger than her. She was built like a mustang, with a sturdy, efficient body designed to be carried into the air with ease. While it meant that her chest and leg muscles were strong, it also meant hollow bones, like a true avian. "Call me crude, but the way I see it, you're just too cowardly to fight." She spoke the truth, at least in her eyes. If he left, she would take it as a sign of weakness. If he fought, she would know she had managed in upsetting his cool demeanor.

(Sorry for the auto-hitting, but they're so close together I don't know if he would have a chance to dodge.)

"blah blah blah."

Watching as the mare's nose began to wrinkle at his comments, Crowley's satisfaction was only heightened. She was seething now, this Pegasus that had dared to challenge him... and it was hilarious.

Some might have assumed that, by thinking yourself above another species, you were stupid. But equids were not the only creatures in the world that had this issue. The Peregrine Falcon, for instance, was superior to it's cousins. It was a terrifying predator, and it ate whatever unsuspecting avians it could find. An extreme comparison of these two very different animals, perhaps, but it was much the same in the end.

When the mare spoke again, Crowley did not miss the sudden change in those cerulean eyes. It was hardly enough time for him to miss the attack completely, feeling Aryel's teeth close on his skin and then pull away, no doubtedly leaving a small, bare spot. Oh, it had caused a surge of pain in the stallion, but as quickly as it had come, it began to ebb away. By now, dark ears had shifted westward, but he was unmoving. Despite his normally cheeky, joking demeanor, Crowley had a very short temper, and was doing his best not to lash out at the mare right then and there. "And you are too foolish to do anything but," he spat back at her, his patience for the mare wearing thin.

It was no secret that the stallion did not like to dirty his hooves, often preferring others to do his dirty work for him. So it was with a look to Dakini that a grin reformed on his face, and the brindle took a step back. "Sorry, Rainbow-Butt... But I do not wish to waste my time with one measly Pegasus. Dakini, perhaps you could show me of what value you could be?" A glance to Aryel, and then his eyes were back on his fellow unicorn. "Of course, I could put an end to her incessant talking, and we could be on our merry way."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel glared at the stallion as he snapped at her, matching it with a smirk. Seems he wasn't as collected as he thought he was. The smirk changed to suspicion, then outright disbelief as the stallion stepped back and all but invited Dakini to take a swipe at her. "Are you serious?" she scoffed. "Are you really serious? You're going to make her fight in your stead?" Her voice practically dripped contempt. "You were right, the word 'gentleman' hardly describes you. I don't think I've ever known a horse, stallion or mare, to be so lazy, arrogant, and just plain cowardly." She snickered, a thought suddenly coming to her. "You sure those big horns of yours aren't...compensating for something, buddy?" Giving the male a dismissive snort, she turned to face Dakini.

"You, I don't think I have a problem with yet. You're obviously as stuck-up and brain-dead as he is, but you seem to be better at concealing it. But ask yourself: Are you really going to go with the horse that just asked you to attack me for him? He's at least two hands taller than me, and yet he claims it would be beneath himself to fight me. And then he turns around and tells you to do it instead." She tilted her head. "Think about that for a moment. If you'd like, I'd gladly escort you to Dragon's Throat, where the real horses live, although I sincerely doubt you'd want to do so. My offer stands, but if you really feel you must..." She spread her wings out in the way a human looking for a fight would spread his arms, the universal come at me bro gesture. "Go ahead. Try and hit me. Or not, if you'd rather act sensibly." But the wings remained open, her posture tense and ready to spring away and counterattack. She was nervous, but at the same time so excited that her blood sang. Maybe I've got some warrior in me and don't know it, she mused, although she doubted warriors were her height.

"blah blah blah."

(Sorry that it's kind of short.)

Unregistered

I couldn't look away. My eyes shifted between the two individuals, listening to the harsh words. How could this featherbrain think that she was superior of us? In the Kingdom, we had used featherbrains and unevolved creatures for slaves. They were not friends of ours.
All of a sudden, I heard my name spoken out loud and I looked at the stallion. He wanted me to show my value.
After listening to a few insults from the hornless, some words caught my attention.
"You're obviously as stuck-up and brain-dead as he is, but you seem to be better at concealing it." STUCK UP?
I flicked back my ears and snorted loudly at the mare. How dared she call me stuck-up and brain-dead?! One did not call me that without punishment.

"Listen here, featherbrain. I do NOT wish to be called stuck-up or brain-dead, and you have no permission to do so. In my Kingdom you would've been punished with removal of your dear wings. I suggest that you think twice before uttering such words to me." I didn't think of the fact that I wasn't royalty no more, but she didn't have to know that. Right?
As I saw the mare spread her ugly wings, I smirked and tried not to laugh. Did she think she was tough? I had been trained since I was a foal, for goodness sake. Without hesitating, I jumped at Aryel and tried to bite her in the neck. We stood close to each other, so it wouldn't be such a difficult target.
I then backed away so that I could avoid any attack from the sky rat, and snorted.

By now, I was actually quite thankful that my father had started training me as a little filly. He always thought that a princess had to be able to protect herself in case her guards wasn't around.
He had done a good job, my father. And I hoped that I made him proud by showing this airhead her place.

Word Count: 333
OOC: I'm getting awesome at word counts XD

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel tossed her head as Dakini snapped at her. "Well, princess, any kingdom with rules like that must be a crapsack place to live. I can see why you left." Her voice hardened. "I don't know what sort of authority you had there, but here you're just like everyone else." She had no idea Dakini was a mare of noble birth, a royal no less, but it seemed to be a fitting insult, and besides, with her high-and-mighty ways Aryel was beginning to put together a theory. She herself was born from the leaders of her home herd, giving her a little standing, but they had been nowhere near a kingdom in size.

She had to admit, she hadn't entirely expected Dakini to really take a swipe at her. She was ready, though, and reared up to counterattack, but the Arabian princess was fast. Aryel's neck stung, informing her her nip had hit, and her hooves hit nothing but air. She backed away a few paces, then her front hooves hit the ground again. "Not bad." she said, sides heaving, then went for her, charging at Dakini and going into a sort of rearing lunge and striking at her with her hooves, aiming for her upper regions, especially her head and neck. But instead of dodging backwards to avoid a counter-strike, she pressed her attack, using the momentum from her charge to keep going forward and deliver several hoof blows that were sure to be punishing if they landed. Her wings had unfurled as well, providing a small measure of balance. Attempting a snap or two as well, the battle fury she didn't know she had was now well and truly surfaced, albeit a battle fury that almost totally disregarded defense.

(Dingo and I were talking in the cbox, Crowley's going to wait until the battle has gone on long enough to leave both of them with a couple wounds sure to hurt in the morning, then call Dakini off, since it wouldn't do to bring a mortally-injured horse to the Basin. Aryel badmouths them until they're gone, then is like "ohshit this hurts" and leave to report back to Kri, and ask to be a soldier as well. I've actually been looking for a good reason to have her ask for a promotion, so I guess I owe you two xD)

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

I snorted once more. This mare had some courage to disrespect me like this. She called me a princess though, even if it wasn't with the tone I was used to.
She used it as a insult. That bitch. It didn't happen quite often that I thought such words as bitch, but this mare really deserved that title. Bitch.
"Listen to me, you ugly and malformed mare, you do NOT call me a princess with that tone of yours. I'm surely a true one, superior than your deformed kins." I just couldn't stand the fact that this thing challenged me.
After my attack, what more could I expect than the fact that she fought back? It was almost entertaining how she fought against me.

Her wings were spread and she reared to attack me. I was a little surprised though and felt one of her hooves tear up my skin on my chest and neck. My royal skin. I also received some kicks that stole my breath for a few seconds.
Who the hell did she think she was?!
I reared up and instead of taking more hits, I tried to hit her. My hooves flew up and down very close to her and I hoped to hit her in the face. Hadn't I suffered enough?! Was this mare determined to make me suffer even more?!
My hooves landed on the flat ground again and I snorted loudly. My head lowered to hit the mare's chest and I jumped forwards. Aryel was the rudest pegasi I had ever met, even worse than the bullies I met on the way here.
It was probably a cowardly move, but to hell with that. I tried to ram my horn into her chest and neck area, at least causing a wound big enough to make her cry in pain.
The wicked horn in my forehead was strong and would easily survive such an attack. It looked fragile, but the appearance was deceptive.

Soon after, I backed away a few centimeters to observe the ugly mutant. With her colorful spots and white feathers, she was now ugly. I had thought of her as kind of beautiful before, but no more. The personality can contribute to the looks, you know?
My once golden eyes were almost white now, showing only some dots of gold in my iris. The cross on my face hurt, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. I had to be strong.
Blood was running from my neck and chest, making my dappled coat dirty with it's twisted stripes. My face was too bloody, though not as much.
"Aryel, you ugly bird, I hope that I'll meet you in the future when I have regained the strength I was born with. Then, I shall punish you like I really would've if I..." The sentence stopped there. If only I still were in my Kingdom.

My eyes started to tear up a little at the thought of my beloved, but I couldn't look away from the malformed mare. I had to be ready for any possible attack.

Word Count: 510
OOC: ._.

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel yelped as a hoof nearly crunched her nose, which would surely have broken, and instead skated along her cheek, opening up a gash and surely leaving a bruise. She also took another in the chest as Dakini lashed out lower. The pain finally convinced her brain to make her jump back, but she wasn't out yet. "Oh yeah?" she challenged, panting as Dakini claimed herself superior. "And why do you say that? Can't be the horn on your head. Horns don't talk. Don't think. Don't do anything but sit there."

They could gore, apparently.

Aryel saw her charge coming, and through her fog of anger knew that if that horn connected with her lungs or heart she would be horsemeat. She threw herself backwards and to the side, managing to save her vital organs from being impaled, but instead took the blow to her side, gouging a deep puncture wound that caused her to buck and shout in pain. Had it hit her ribcage? She couldn't tell. It hurt a lot. But her air wasn't whistling out of her chest through the wound, and it wasn't gushing blood like a jugular slash would. She twisted away, keeping to Dakini's flanks to avoid another charge. She found herself spitefully wishing the horn had snapped off, but it was still intact on her brow.

You want to fight dirty, hornhead? Fine.

She attacked again, pivoting around to kick her hind hooves out at her flanks, but she attempted to aim for Dakini's legs as well. A fractured legbone would be the end of the fight. She nearly laughed as Dakini called her ugly. "Pretty bird, ugly bird, who's to say?" she replied, feeling both dizzy and powerful from a mix of bloodloss and adrenaline.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

My sides were moving slightly with my breathing. I could not pant. I couldn't. Then she would think that I was weak.
The horn in my forehead had impaled the mare's hide, making the white surface colored red. It was a nasty contrast, but I would wash it off later.
By now, I had forgotten completely about the stallion that had come to pick me up. Or, you can say that he was here for that.
Well, at least I got to hear her cry in pain. A smirk came to life on my lips and I observed the pegasus.

This was fun. Except for the fact that I actually got bloody and dirty.
I watched Aryel as she bucked and kept herself near my hide. What was she doing?
Kicks. I tried to back away, but the mare's stupid hooves imprinted ugly marks on my thigh. Thankfully, my body was quick and got away before any bones could break. But something was wrong.
My leg hurt like hell. I moaned and yelled at the stupid airhead.
"You ignorant and brain-free airhead!" I didn't get angry very often actually, just when ugly birds like this one was stuck-up and thought that they were better.
I tried to move my hind leg, but the pain was electrifying my whole body. Shit!
"You bitch," I murmured with closed teeth. I threw a glance at my hind leg and my eyes went wide open, showing off the white iris. It... It looked so wrong!

My leg had fallen into some strange position, making it look disabled. Had the mare freaking disabled me?! My eyes went to her and I stared at her. White orbs filled with hate and disgust.
But her appearance made me happy, actually. A wound in her hide that wouldn't stop bleeding, she panted and seemed to be exhausted like hell.
I would kill this mare. I will. Even though I'd have to wait a while with the stupid leg. I moved closer to the ugly and malformed mare, trying to stare into her ugly eyes.
She was ugly. Malformed. Mutated. A mongrel. I could call her names all day, but it hurt too much. The wounds on my neck and chest stung and my leg felt like a stick that someone had pinned to my body, connecting it with electrifying threads in my body.

"I shall beat you down when we meet again, hopefully..." I smirked and stroke back my ears.
"I'll kill you then." I whispered the last words and smiled even wider.
Then I looked at the unicorn that had stood there and watched the whole thing. He hadn't even said a word.
I still glanced at Aryel while I spoke to him. My tail was whipping the air, in case she stood close.
"Dear kin, how far away is this place where the other unicorns are?" I panted slightly, though I couldn't help it. Pain made you tired.
My eyes focused on Aryel again, because who knew when and if she would get her energy back?

Word Count: 509
OOC: Aryel kicked her thigh-leg out of place D: (>:3)

"blah blah blah."

Crowley had watched with sick satisfaction as the two mares went at each other; at first, it had been meek little swipes at one another, but by the end of it all, both were bleeding and impressively injured. Though despite all the mess and insulting words, the brindled stallion couldn't get enough of it. In fact, his face fell when the fighting seemed to have ended.

His golden eyes strayed from the puncture in Aryel's side only when he caught the words directed to him. Slowly he dragged his gaze to the other horned creature, and pondered her question for a moment. The Basin was quite a distance from the Threshold, let alone anywhere else in Helovia, and that journey was only made longer and more difficult when one reached the unforgiving snow that lie everywhere in drifts. It was a land lost in time, eternally stuck in the grip of winter. Not the most ideal location of a homeland, but nestled in a cluster of towering mountains, it was made bearable.

"Quite far," he answered simply, as sugar-coating things was not in his nature, "It will be difficult for you with your leg now, darling, but I'll make sure you make the journey..." Although in truth, if Dakini did collapse half way to the Basin and was unable to get up, the stallion was doubtful that he would run and fetch a healer, or even offer any words of comfort. In his eyes, if she could not make it in her current condition, then she deserved to die.

Then, his eyes shifted to the bleeding Pegasus, and a grin pulled at his lips once more. She was a nuisance, and as much as he wished her to curl up and die right where she stood, he took joy in the thought of trying again some other day. When it would be more challenging."Better luck next time, Candy-coat. Perhaps the next time I see you, you'll know better." Now, the brindle turned and motioned with his head for Dakini to follow him. He would lead her to the Basin, if she could manage the arduous trek, and would direct her to D'artagnan if he was feeling generous.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel had stepped back once Dakini did, noting with grim satisfaction that her leg was at an odd angle, the faint mark of a hoofprint standing out on her flank like a brand of soil. A smirk curled her lips as the mare railed at her, pain easy to see in her feverish gaze.

But Aryel hadn't gotten out unscathed, either. She noted her own injuries as the adrenaline buzz receded, leaving burning pain all over. Bruises and cuts all down her neck and chest, and a nasty one on her left cheek. But worst was the puncture wound from Dakini's horn, which trickled blood onto the ground. It wasn't good in the least to be a lone, injured horse, or any prey animal. Cougars, wolves, bears, they all knew the scent of blood and would be drawn flies to a carcass. Of course, none of them could fly, but it was going to be a slow, painful flight and trek home.

Aryel tilted her head as Dakini promised that she would get her for good the next time they met. "Maybe." she said. "But you won't ever forget the time an 'airhead', one you considered inferior, reduced you to a limping, screaming, mess. I certainly won't." She wasn't sure if she could consider herself the clear victor, though. The fight had been short, but brutal, and Dakini hadn't technically yielded. Still, she would remember this incident with satisfaction.

Her smile slipped slightly as Crowley spoke again. Bastard, she thought. Dakini had fought by his command, the least he could do was offer a word of encouragement. Not that she felt any sympathy for the Arabian, just that Crowley could at least be civil to his own kind, if not to others. Her smirk was turned into a scowl entirely as he addressed her.

She was really, truly, well and freaking done with this blustering fool.

"Says the horse who was too afraid to fight me himself." she shot back, scorn and venom almost dripping from her words. "Next time we meet? Alright. Just make sure you come alone so I can kick your gelded rear from here to the southern seashore without any interference. Or is that too much to ask of you?" She gave a disdainful snort as he gestured for Dakini to follow. Despite her fierce words, the way she winced with each breath she took betrayed the pain that had set in. She hoped the Throat had a few good healers, otherwise she'd be in for a slow and sore recovery.

"blah blah blah."