the Rift

Messenger [Mauja]

Seiren Posts: 43
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5
Adoptable
[Image: seirentablr.png]
The frosty mare wondered around the Edge, haunted eyes surveying the landscape. A few hours ago, her cursed brother had briefly met her to pass on information that her King was interested in her presence. At the time Seiren had laughed at d'Artagnan, playing the King's lackey suited him. And she made sure she told him just that. After he had left with a flea in his ear, Seiren had wondered along the edge of the cliffs. A place for thought.

Seiren hadn't come into contact with her King a lot. The mare had never really passed words with him yet she owed his majesty her allegiance. The shady mare, usually a law unto herself, admitted her King had a presence about him. Especially to tame d'Artagnan so. Finally the little mare plucked up enough intrigue to walk into the forest. Her cloven hooves took her a little way in before coming to a halt. She raised her dished face to the air and let out an eerie shout to her King. Her vocals echoed across the land, Seiren stood and awaited his presence.

colourize-stock @ deviantart | lindalees @ deviantart
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

[ placing this before the Sun burned it all. xP ]

Nearly being set on fire by an equine mare didn't exactly sit right with Mauja, and his return to the Edge had been with a foul mood for company. Much of the Threshold had gone up in flames, and it was a small wonder that not all of Helovia was burning. The Sun God had well and truly tried the lands up by now, and transformed it all into kindling, just waiting for a spark. Histe had supplied a fair amount of it, but so far, the Edge hadn't burned. But for how long would even his twisted, dried trees remain untouched? Well - relatively untouched. They were unhealthy, dying, and there was little he could do to stop it. A growl rumbled in the Ice King's chest as he stared at a tree in his forest of ghosts. What foolish game were the Gods playing, if neither Earth nor Moon stepped in to stop their rampaging brother?

Seiren's call cut across his thoughts like a knife blade, and Mauja swam up from the murky depths of his frustration. He'd not spent much time around the gray mare, but knew two things about her: she was d'Artagnan's sister, and a warrior of his herd. Sworn protector of the Unicorn blood. But who was she? What was her favorite color, her favorite time of the year, fondest memory, best friend? The pale steed had no idea at all, and her summons were sort of curious too. She had some information he might want, but he'd not made a fuss about it, so either she had a request, or she was just lonely. Or, d'Artagnan had told her something, but Mauja wasn't sure; the two times he'd seen them in close proximity to each other, they'd usually tried to stay far apart. He guessed they had some bad blood or something, but hadn't pried. They'd not made a fuss over it, so he had no reason to poke his nose into it.

As he set off at a trot in her direction he mused the fact that often a subject called upon the King, and the King came like an obedient dog; less often did they call to find him and he return the call and let them come to him. Perhaps he should start holding court. A bemused smile split his face, then turned into a grimace. No. He wasn't that type of King. He was the type of King that flitted about in his forest like a haunting ghost, and then simply haunted in their direction when they wanted him. Besides, it was nice to have a reason to exercise at a faster pace than a walk sometimes. Once a little closer he let out a deep, but not overly loud, call, letting her know he was coming. Seiren, dear, what do you want? He was curious and there was no denying it.

Finally she came into view, still the dappled gray mare his mind's eye pictured, with the red-and-black circle around her dangerous horn. She was a creature of shadows in many ways, perhaps not in color but she seemed to always drift about, ethereal and aloof. Unless her intention was to bash him, he welcomed the opportunity to get to know her. "Seiren," he greeted her in his deep, cool voice; those who'd been around him long enough had learned to see the warmth in his pale eyes and hear it in his voice, despite the aura of winter that always clung to him. The FrostHeart dipped his head slightly, and boldly stepped up close to her, intending to bump his muzzle against hers as well as touch horns, a more unicorn-specific greeting. Try to bump horns with a hornless! "You called?"
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Outcast
Adoptable
The deep call from her king reached her petite lobes and she waited rather curiously. Unlike d'Artagnan, Seiren hadn't gotten to know her king all that well. She knew Psyche and Cineviam, but that about came to the end of it. The small mare never felt the need to confide in someone, her life was always a nomadic one. Being part of a herd again was strange, having to report things for example. Information. Things she stored away in the depths of her mind to be brought upon should she ever need it. Her memory was well trained but rarely called upon, and so in telling Mauja her 'information' was a strange and interesting notion. Also, as being newly appointed warrior, Seiren felt she had a duty to get to know the person she was mainly protecting. He certainly looked the part but did he fit the part? His chilly demeanour impressed the callous warrior. She would reserve judgement till after.

His majesty came into view, the tell tale white coat flashing forwards with his large presence that dwarfed the 15hh's of Seiren. She knew her brother always disapproved of her height. He disapproved of everything. Too much like their father, she wondered if they'd have to leash him one day. Her mood significantly brightened at the thought. Delicate features regarded her King then as she returned his bold greeting, her soft maw touched his. The blackness of her horn clashing with his blue. The Frostheart hmmm? She thought briefly of how apt his name was. The question came, short and to the point "King Mauja the Frostheart.... Indeed, I have information on the foothills you may like to hear. To me its not much use, but my dearest brother was worrying his pretty little head over it." Her vocals were smooth, hushed and not something you'd want to hear on patrol alone at night. The mare never hid her contempt for the Doctor, she didn't see the point.

Obsidian eyes narrowed then as she recalled the other reasoning behind requesting her King. The fact that she plainly new nothing about him. It was all well and good being a warrior, but you tended to hit the frontlines first. She wanted to know just who was going to be issuing that order. "Also... To be on good terms on the stallion who is my ruler. Forgive any abruptness on my part, herd life is not something I'm used to" she admitted freely. Might as well have an excuse for insulting people, accident or not.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

He decided that he liked this shady mare - it was just something about her, the way she watched him, the way she didn't balk at his familiar greeting, but returned it instead, warm muzzle bumping against his. Mystified, but rather pleased, he let his pale gaze descend to hers; pitch black, swirling with secrets and a savage brand of intelligence. Somehow it was both beautiful and unnerving - unnerving in the sense that he couldn't discern what she thought, that he had no idea if he would ever fail to prove himself in her eyes and she would turn that knife-edged cunning upon him. That would certainly be a most unpleasant scenario, but Mauja tried to not make a habit out of pondering the myriad of ways those around him could betray him. Instead, he tried to focus on making sure they did not get those thoughts in the first place. In short, he tried to be the kind of leader they would want to follow, the one that would bring them to glory and power and a new dawn for the Unicorn race. And those who didn't think like him? If they had a problem with how he ran things, they could go fuck Gossamer over in the Foothills. Mauja felt nothing but pure contempt for the horned who believed themselves equal with the hornless.

It was a long time since someone had called him by his entire title, and somehow it felt a little weird to hear her murmur it in her hushed, sinister voice. A lot of the time he got tired of all the your graceing, but this, this was something different, and he suppressed a shiver. He could understand those who were creeped out by Seiren, because by the Moon, if she ever sneaked up on him in the darkness and whispered menacing things in that witch's voice of hers, he'd probably send an ice spike through her on pure instinct. His ears flickered to the sound of her words, and he gave a hushed laughter when she spoke of d'Artagnan. "Not too fond of your brother, hmm?" he said softly, a wry little smile playing upon his face. Mauja liked smiling, at least some times - the wry ones, the crooked grins, smirking... But he didn't know how to make a happy-smile. When he was happy he just...was happy. Shoving the strange realization aside he was about to address the fact that she had information when her eyes narrowed, and he shut his mouth again, thinking more was going to come.

He was right.

It was a concern that was curiously similar to one of his own - the fact that he didn't know this particular warrior at all, and was supposed to entrust his safety to her. He chuckled. "And I prefer being on good terms with my warriors. Do not worry about offending me, Seiren, it is quite hard." Unless you do something like betray me, or sell my herd to the devil. He cocked his head, feeling the faint wind tug at his forelock. Oh, well, small talk aside; she'd called him over primarily for business, so might as well get that out of the way. Once they'd settled what she knew of the Foothills or not they could do something else, like.. get to know each other. How the hell do you get to know each other? He could hardly force her to answer ten thousand questions and then pretend he knew who she was. No. That just wasn't the way things happened, but when it came to honest small talk, Mauja was crap. He hoped Seiren was a good conversationalist, but her preemptive warning spoke of the opposite.

"But, the Foothills you said? I'd like a full report on that," came the dry command, a crooked grin on his face. He might've phrased it "like", but coming from him, that meant "I will have it". He was certain Seiren and her dark-eyed intelligence would understand it - the question was if she was fond of mocking others, and would use said dark-eyed intelligence to pick on him. He hoped not. It would be bothersome.

Outcast
Adoptable

The sly vixen had the impression that her King approved of her, much to her satisfaction. It was building up the foundations that she would base her judgement on, and this was a good start. Seiren knew that to be on good terms with Mauja meant that she had a possible ally in the future, should she ever need it. Dipping her head once more in response to his greeting, she took another gaze at his bold figure. Standing in front of her was certainly a creature embracing his royalty, his authority. His persona also seemed to emit this, almost. However, now was not the time for messing about with her opinion of her superior, the mare quickly shook herself inside harshly and continued her task. The route of business within her mind was still very fresh, and this gave her a slight dilemma as to how to send the information to Mauja. The icy king was not going to stand around whilst she wondered, so Seiren thought it best to get straight to the point. Perhaps even set me in his good books further, she thought coldly; anything to get back at her wretched brother was worth it.

At the mention of her brother, a small sinister small tainted her velveteens and her obsidian pools frosted over. No matter who it was, even if d'Art was a high flyer with the King, she was not going to show any unnecessary fondness towards him when she knew full well she had none. Re-collecting her earlier thoughts, she wondered about how alike he was to their father, the animosity building up within her. The crooked smile on Mauja's face was enough to refrain Seiren from continuing to drown in her thoughts. He held a sense of bliss about him, and this made her feel a little more comfortable around him. But it did nothing to keep her guard about her and remaining on duty.

Stature proud yet respectful, she replied to his question about her brother,
"Fond is hardly a word I would use to describe my feelings for him. Actually, no positive words can be used..." A discrete cruel smile escaped her, her calm demeanor embracing the alabaster brute's gaze.

The way that the mammoth steed had retorted to her words of wanting to stay in his good books made her curious. Hard to offend you? Hmmm. Should she feel ashamed that it would make her almost feel triumphant to offend him? Everybody has a weak point, and it didn't take long to push buttons and send them off into a frenzy. Her mind calculated as she sighed deeply at the thoughts. But washing over her was the common sense to not even try. Her superior was proud and alluring - picking fights or getting into awkward situations was not wise. You bloody fool. The desire to get to know him became increasingly difficult to hide.

The sly vixen turned her attention to the matter at hand with such a ferociousness that all the information she had gathered was ready to burst out of its cage. Seiren began dishing out the information that was necessary with her clear tones, slightly tainted with her sarcastic approach to everything, but nevertheless it did not waver the importance of her message. "Mauja, my King, it has come to my attention that the Foothills are hiding some wretched equine creature that possesses the power to construct walls and other objects that they see fit. I'm afraid I never managed to get his name though, that was a bit more difficult to prize out of them." She then turned her rump slightly to face him squarely, still her stature resembled it's former shape, and in disgusted tone she added, "The Foothills excepts all species, including unicorns such as ourselves..." Traitors. Traitors to their own kind, she thought with a bitter animosity towards them. How dare they defy their superior grace and covert with the lesser races? She paced her temper and it died down quickly enough for the cruel clouded vixen to finish with, "I also am inclined to tell you that any attack we would make on that godforsaken herd would be difficult going the way that I have left their territory. It would not be wise to try to pass the narrow rocks, not if you wish for fit and healthy warriors, your majesty." She pulled herself up after she told Mauja all that she knew of the Foothills. Seiren waited patiently for the verdict from her monochrome King, pools gazing gracefully onto his muscular presence.

Ascended Helovian

d'Artagnan, no matter their divided opinions about him, was not what he had come to discuss. And much as he would like to humor her, he would not put down the Doctor - someone who was, undeniably, growing on him. Rapidly. He could be all soft, amused smiles when Seiren spoke of her cold hatred, could let her and her emotions be at peace... but he would not join in, not ever. And should she one day wish to act upon her loathing? Unless the positions shifted drastically until then, he knew whose blood he would spill and whose he would defend. So only silence met her when she spoke of him again, something hard to read in his gaze. Part warning, part bemusement. He would not force his herd to love one another, would not try to meddle with their feelings, instincts, and opinions.

But he would not tolerate murder.

Seiren drew herself up, an authoritative, official air around her. Sensing what was to come, Mauja's gaze sharpened and his ears perked forward, drinking in her dark-edged voice. Construct walls? That was both disturbing and fascinating, a furrow appearing on his face as his tail slapped against his hocks. What kind of power was that? Where had it come from? In what destructive manner could it be used against the Edge, should war occur? Hard to know, hard to guess, harder to find out, with the way that the Foothills treated them. He hummed in acknowledgment, sifting through the information. Some things he knew - their mix-blood policy - and some, like the wall-making freak, he did not. He'd skirted around the terrain a few times, and the lowest foothills were okay to navigate and walk through. But he could imagine that some parts were rockier.. and if you wanted to sneak in... He grimaced slightly.

"Thank you, Seiren," he murmured, taking a step closer to breathe warm air onto her mist-gray neck. He would not give her the pleasure of knowing what he had already known and what not; she would have to figure it out herself, or just accept the gratitude. Something kind was in his eyes - not soft or weak, but fond - and as he brushed past her, he let his muzzle trail the length of her spine. "Come, why don't you walk with me?" He invited her with a smile, a flippant flick of his tail; he enjoyed the raw passion of her emotions, the way her black eyes grew cold and hard when she spoke of the heathen unicorns who lived among others. It would do him good to fuel that fire, and to feel its heat lap against him, too. Too often did he prance carefully, too often did he dull the ferocity of his own flames for the sake of appearances. It would not hurt him to burn brightly, just for a moment, in the relative safety of his own home.

since this is so old, want to end it with them walking away etc? :3

Outcast
Adoptable
Seiren

The alabaster brute did not reply to her words of the Doctor. But the ashen duchess shrugged this off; no one would understand the hatred that she bore for her wretched brother other than herself. His ways were something that her devious nature would soon crush, as well as his bones. The thought of his bones crunching under the weight of her attack on his red body pleased her. One day, I shall get you, d'Art...

She pulled herself to attention of the other matters. Though perhaps the all-seeing, all-knowing leader that Mauja was most likely had already known about the information she gave, she did not care. The cruel femme was not going to dwell on such things and still felt obliged to be rather proud of the work she had carried out. It was something that she was honoured to do under the watchful ice pools of her King, and even though the heartless vixen was not one to warm to many, she was beginning to warm to this one. The monochrome brute stepped forward and she felt the warmth of his breath trickle across her frosted pelt. The heat almost made her shiver, but she remained a frozen statue whilst he uttered his thanks to her. The kindness that shone in his pools shocked Seiren rather a bit - never had she thought that her cold embrace towards pretty much everybody would be looked upon and thought positively of. But then again, she guessed that even Mauja appreciated the support of his warriors, for they were key in his plans.

He beckoned for her to walk with him, and she immediately accepted. With a flick of her pale tail silks, she stepped in line with him. "Of course, Mauja."

[Right that should do it! Calling this post a day? ^^]