the Rift

Shaman take two [Moon]

Ahriman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

silver's meant to burn forever

It had been a while. Unlike the last time he had been here, mild birdsong winds swept through the evening as he crossed the rocky bridge to the Veins. Ahriman was anxious; would he be turned away yet again? Only time would tell. A shivering breath was released past his pink lips, mulberry eyes glancing upward now and then as he traveled along. Tonight, he hoped the She would listen to his youthful beckoning. The shrine of the Moon Goddess seemingly towered before the handsome youth, and he drew a deep breath.

He was wiser now, he told himself, more likely to be taken serious. A winter had come and passed, and Ahriman was changing from child to adolescent. In his already luscious mane, the flower that he had been gifted by the spirits at his last visit was arranged tastefully. Unlike any regular flower, it had not wilted away but remained pure white and crisp in it's leaves. As he had at his previous visit, the ghostly pale colt kneeled before the shrine with his eyes turned downward. “Mighty Goddess of the Night, I seek an audience,” he spoke solemnly, desperately hoping for an answer.

[Especially seeking the ability to summon spirits of the dead to haunt others or provide council.]
Image © by perfectperfection

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

From the base of the Moon Goddess' shrine mist began to form. It rolled on itself as it began its slow journey toward the young colt that had called upon its master. It surrounded Ahriman and grew thick enough to obscure his vision. "Greetings, Ahriman." Came the Goddess' silken voice. The dense mist began to dissipate and in doing so it revealed the goddess.

Her silver eyes found the pale flowed in the equally pale colt's mane. "You've finally returned." She observed. "No doubt you are looking for the same thing you were looking for when you first came. Magic." Her voice was even as she told the colt that his desires had not changed.

"Why should I give one so young magic that is so strong, I wonder." She mused. "No good can come from summoning the spirits of the dead to haunt someone else."

Unregistered

As the mist started to form before him, his breath got caught in his throat and his heart rate picked up. It soon engulfed him, blinding him, and he felt a shiver run through his body. Then She spoke, and he knew his heartfelt request had been heard. A smile crept upon his maw, looking with kind mulberry eyes as the divinity materialized before him; he dipped his small crown in respect to Her. “Divine Mother,” he said softly, a greeting that was filled with both anxiety and joy. He knew nothing came for free, nor when the Gods were involved, but he was ready to fulfill the task that may be put before him.

Looking into Her pupilless eyes, the small colt perked his lobes at Her words and nodded his head in agreement. Indeed, his purpose was the same as it had been back then, but he was more mature now, more aware of the consequences of such magic. Her next string of words was picked up by delicate lobes and they left him in thought for a moment.

I am certain that as the Goddess knows my desires remain the same, Her Divinity is also aware of the reasoning behind my humble request,” he spoke at first, choosing his words carefully. “I wish to be able to protect my family, and while I might be young, I have responsibilities. I wish to seek out the spirits for guidance, but I also have to admit that my current physical condition is not one that can provide much protection,” he spoke, grave expression painted across his handsome young face. “I am ready to pay the price for this gift, now more than ever.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The urge to roll her eyes was strong when the colt began to speak of protecting his family. It seemed as if every youngling that came to them either wanted to protect themselves or their families. Someone so young should not have to worry about protecting themselves, that was what parents were for, nor should they worry about protecting those older, wiser, and stronger than themselves. If an adult could not protect himself or herself then they deserved whatever happened to them.

The Goddess, however, kept her expression neutral as she looked at the colt. "And why would you seek the council of the dead?" The Goddess asked evenly. "What good could they do for you? I suppose they could tell you what not to do to end up in the position they are, but is that not what common sense is for?" Her tail twitched slowly back and forth as she stared down at the colt and waited for him to answer.

Unregistered

Ahriman was but a colt, it was a simple fact and he was well aware of his lack of age not helping his credibility. Least of all before the Gods, those immortal deities who had lived for eons and eons, time left no impression on them. But even though the Goddess questioned him now, he did not falter in his belief that he should gain the ability he sought. The pale child had not consulted his dam prior to coming here; best bet was that she had no idea, and she certainly hadn’t asked him to do anything on her behalf. This was his own initiative.

Slender lobes picked forward when she spoke again, still not convinced by his words. He shifted his weight on his slender pillars while gathering his thoughts, peering up into those slightly unsettling pupilless eyes before speaking. His voice was soft, but there was a certainty in his words. “There are few certainties in life, my Goddess. But the ultimate truth is that the moment we are born, we start dying,” he paused, smiling slightly. “The dead were living once. I am young still, if I have any luck I will have a long life full of wisdom. Until I get there however, the spirits hold much knowledge and valuable advice from the lives they have lived.

A midnight breeze swept over his pale hide, playing with his silky tresses gently, but his mulberry gaze did not falter from the silhouette of the divinity. If those words would not convince her that his heart was true, he did not know what could.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

Delicate ears pricked forward as the goddess listened to the colt's words. She picked up on the certainty in his voice and she smiled. "You are persistent." She said. "So I will give you the magic you desire, but only after you've earned it, you see. Your first lesson. Nothing in this life will ever come free or without consequences." Silver tail whipped through the air as the goddess spoke.

"You will die and spend one] month's time as a ghost." She began. "Your body will be preserved here at my shrine until the month has ended. While you are a ghost you are to haunt those who you hold dear, learn their deepest fears so you can protect them. If you do not then I will not grant you the magic you want so dearly."

[note: the month will begin when Ahriman posts his first thread/post as a ghost]