the Rift

i see it's me you fear...[Complete]

Maldecir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Frail, the skin is dry and pale

the pain will never fail

Keeping his distance from the other fantastic looking equines, his black eyes rolled in their sockets. Tall, thin pillars moved out slowly, his thick crown tossing his crimson dreads out of his vision. A spiraling bone grew out of his tiara, below his poll. It shined a dried blood color, in fact, several details about him referenced to blood. His locks, his horn, and the markings under his eyes. It seemed they were always bleeding...

He stopped his movements, flicking his lion tail. His ivory hide seemed to glimmer in the sun, an unusual thing. Normally it is a grundgy color, spattered with dirt and debris. Many are scared of the demon-looking brute, so he finds no reason to cleanse himself. He did today, though. This is a new land, and a fresh start. He hopes that those around him will see past his souless eyes.

Word Count: 146 - wow short....
OOC:

"speech"

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

"Welcome to Helovia." The greeting extends from the inky lips of the equine stallion as he quietly steps out from the surrounding forest, footfall silent and demeanor calm as he nears the ominous looking unicorn. A pale dragon perches on his back, white like snow, like the silken tresses of the horse to whom her mind is tied. It is an unbreakable bond, eternal as much as anything connected to mortals can be called everlasting. Ever present, yet quiet, for now.

Amber eyes regard the stranger with equal parts wariness and welcome. The encounter is far from coincidental; the gold-marked horse had been wandering the Threshold in search for strays, assessing and weighing tracks, scents and the actions of resident animals to find those who strayed into the area.
The Edge was in need of more members. It was a simple yet uncomfortable fact, made clear by the daring movements of the Aurora Basin herd. Brazenly they slipped over their borders, snatched away their family, and all the while they grew steadily in number; so much that he was beginning to fear that even the combined efforts of all the equal-minded herds wouldn't be able to stop an attack.

This unicorn... Whatever the mindset he harbored, Lace was dead set that he at the very least wasn't going to end up among the short-sighted racists up north. So be it if he chose the Throat or Foothills instead, or picked a life as outcast; anything but the Basin was acceptable.

"Can I help you with something? My name is Lace, a resident of World's Edge - a nearby herd land."

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Unregistered

the pain will never fail

Words were cast from the side of him, drawing his attention to a normal looking beast. A grulla color dragged across the hide of the stranger, locks of ivory flowing behind. The stallion turned his tall bode, facing the stranger. He half-bowed his head, his black eyes never leaving the other stallions amber orbs. Lifting his head again, he opened his mouth. "Thank you, Lace." His thick, spanish accent blurred his words. His mind worked overtime to sort out the words so he could form a plausible sentace.

He moved to speak again, only to be distracted by a snow-colored lizard with wings perched on Lace's spine. His ears perked, and his interest was momentarily focused on the little dragon. Realizing that Lace asked him a question, he moved his eyes back to focus on the horse. "I apologize in advance if my words make no sense." He furrowed his brow in concentration. "I am looking for a place to call home, somewhere I can be useful."

Word Count: 167 - wow short....
OOC:

"speech"

The polite response to the greeting made the shoulders of the grulla sink a fraction of an inch, evidence of the tension that had been residing in the muscles. Obviously not entirely relaxed next to a horse who's past and present circumstances were unknown, he still felt comfortable enough to offer the stranger a smile and take a few steps closer.

"Your words make perfect sense" he reassured, "and I think I might be able to offer you what you seek. It would be impolite of me to burden you with troubling matters, but since you wish to be of use... My family, the Qian, are currently in strife with a collection of equids, who have the mindset that everyone that are not of their race is inferior. They hold a grudge against us because of a past conflict, and because of our lack of protectors it is difficult to maintain the security of the borders."

Even as he spoke, the eyes of the white-maned dragon-kin studied the reactions of the as of yet unnamed rover. Lace was leaving out a great deal of detail - part because he didn't wish for this gentleman to believe he was accusing every unicorn out there for being racist, and part because... Well, if he didn't end up following Lace back to the Edge, there was a risk that he'd sooner or later encounter someone from the Basin. And if he did, it'd be a disaster should the blood-stained brute possess vital information about their numbers, defenses...
Sometimes he wished he had the agile tongue of Mirage. If it was her, she'd be able to make the stallion spill his innermost secrets, find out his true loyalties and make him a friend bound to her by love and debt, faster than Lace could swallow a carrot. Alas, the Dragonheart was not there, and the lack of her presence was growing on him for each day that passed.

"I have to tell you though, that the World's Edge is far from the only herd within Helovia. To the south, in the desert by the sea, you can find the Dragon's Throat her, led by Kri the Resolute. And to the east, near the foot of a towering mountain range, are the Windtossed Foothills. Both herds are allied with the Edge, and I am sure that as long as you embrace the ideas of equality and justice, you will be welcomed into any of the herds." Call it a desire to make up for his lack of details on the matter of Edge and Basin - Lace wasn't going to be so unfair as to let this newcomer think the Qian was the only choice available.

Ultimately, where he ended up would be a choice for the horned steed to make. The Glazier could but influence, suggest - and hope.

The Store | The Warden

Unregistered

the pain will never fail

He kept quiet while the stallion described his proposal. Quiet was one of his personality traits, but in the company of others, he finds it rude when one soul refuses to speak, whatever the reason. Interupting is rather rude as well...Nodding, he understood Lace's reference. Unicorns...prideful creatures. Those who speak to Maldecir find it surprising when they spy the spiraling bone growing from his head.

"I understand. Those of my race are very proud of what they are. Elegant, but many hold grudges for their entire lifetime. That is our weakness." Shaking his head, he frowned at the thought of the beasts charging across borders into lands that weren't theirs. It is disgraceful to the entire species. "If you are looking for protectors, I can offer myself."

Thinking of what he would have to do to intruders, he sighed. He came here to get away from brawls, but the ones in his past were forced, not voluntary. This might be different than that. He would be defending his home, a noble reason to fight. Deciding that he would trust this stranger, he spoke again, this time sharing his name. "I am called Maldecir."

Word Count: 201
OOC:

"speech"

The final signs of tension drained from the body of the Glazier at the words of the stranger - no, no longer stranger. Maldecir. Unicorn, new arrival - and soon to be member of the Edge. His lips pulled back as the smile grew wider, warmer - and decidedly pleased - and with a slight bow Lace accepted the offer from the red-horned stallion.

"I'm grateful" he said with simple honesty. "Every horse is needed and most welcome in the Edge. I'm looking forward to get to know you better. The Qian is like a family; some protect, some are protected, but all are equally important. Never fear to speak your mind; no matter what, you will be heard."

With a slight inclination of the head for the other to follow, Lace turned around and began to retrace his steps in the direction of his -their- home.
"Some things you might need to know about Helovia... As I'm sure you've noticed, there are plenty of strange and fantastic creatures - dragons, among others." He glanced at Fajira where she perched, quiet and alert with clear eyes that now studied the Maldecir curiously.

"Magic is common here, and there are Gods present who sometimes walk among us. At times they grant abilities to those who deserve it... and sometimes they are the cause of strange events, that we can only guess the reason for." A slight frown settled over the black-masked brow at the thought of events transpired, but after a moment the expression brightened and he glanced back at the black-eyed steed, undaunted by the unusual appearance - jaded, no doubt, after facing creatures much more intimidating than him.

"I'm sure you'll come to like it here. There's much to see and do in Helovia, and even though relations are tense at times it's not like we're at war. You'll have plenty of time to spend as you like." Hopefully. Unless the Aurorans decided that random kidnappings weren't enough retaliation to those who took over their old land.

[ooc: I'm glad you want to join the Edge :D You need to fill out your profile a bit more, but once you have you should get your rank changed to World's Edge. Do you want him to be a warrior? There are a bunch of ranks to choose from; you can find them stickied at the Edge region forum. :3]

The Store | The Warden

Unregistered

You left me here like a chalk outline

On the sidewalk waiting for the rain to wash away

Maldecir returned Lace's smile with his own. Following the grulla brute, the strange creature listened quietly as the other stallion explained the place that he will soon call home. His smile turned a tad sly as he thought of those who needed protected. With the spanish stallion residing in the herd, the danger of being dragged off like a piece of dead flesh will lessen, and soon disappear.

As they continued on, Lace described the land. Maldecir followed behind him, eyes bouncing from the stallion to the small dragon that sat quietly. It looked, almost stared, at him. He wasn't uncomfortable, but it's eyes seemed to sear into him. Lengthing his stride, he came up beside Lace.

"Justice and equality are vital. Life and society would be overrun with wild and angry souls without. La anarquía y el caos. " He started to think about the types of beings that he has seen. It wasn't the first time he spied a dragon, but the ones that he knows are stories high, destructive creatures. Lace's companion seemed tame enough. It would be impossible to list the many fantasic creatures that the stallion has come across.

With a smile on his face, his heart started to beat with exitement. The path in front of him was brighter than the past behind. He finally found a place that others might see him for him, past the black eyes and blood colors.

Word Count: 238
OOC: sweet! a warrior would be awesome...what exactly do i have to fill out with the profile?

"speech"

[Great :D A little bit about his history before coming to Helovia and a brief description of his family should be enough. You can always fill in more as you play, if you're not sure who your char is yet :)

Also, you should edit the title prefix to (Completed), to show the admins that the thread is completed. They will change the rank once the profile is sufficiently filled out. :D ]
The Store | The Warden

Unregistered
sweet all done ;)
hope it's enough