the Rift

Get lost and then get found [Alcina, Apollo, Ktu, Grey, Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Normally Phaedra rarely walked anywhere; she much preferred taking the skies. Not only was it must faster, but her lithe frame had been built to navigate air currents, not tree branches. Still, Apollo, being a Unicorn, could not follow herself or Alcina into the air. So they walked. Luckily the Threshold border onto the Deep Forest, which would be their new home. Phaedra had heard stirrings that something had happened to Ophelia, but they were only whispers she had picked up, while stalking her latest target Leander. Regardless, Ktulu would be a good one for the two stallions to meet. She judged Alcina as probably following her anyways, and becoming a warrior. Apollo on the other hand...well, she wasn't so sure about him. But that was for Ktu to decide, not her.

These musing's kept Phae fairly silent during their brief trek, although every now and then she would cast her gaze behind her to ensure the two stallions were following; winking at them or pretending to halt suddenly so they were forced to bump into her. She wasn't much for idle chit-chat, but no reason their walk shouldn't be enjoyable. As they entered the forest, Phae grimaced. The canopy overhead was thick enough to block out the light, and they ventured deeper, the tree's grew so tightly together that she was forced to press her wings closer to her sides. Part of her mind always panicked being in the forest, even though this technically was her home. Phae's flight instinct had always been stronger than her fight instinct; and she was the fastest flyer she knew. Almost... her mind reminded he darkly. Stifling these thoughts, Phae raised her head so as not to alert the two stallions to her unease.

When she decided they were deep enough, she halted. She flicked an ear forward curiously, listening for movement. The acoustics here oddly made listening for the approach of another incredibly difficult, as it was impossible to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. Still, Phae believed she would see Ktu's bear-cub before she saw the warrior mare; he still seemed too playful and young to be much of a sneaker, yet. But maybe not.. "Ktulu." She called, her voice loud and clear, displaying none of the apprehension she felt of meeting her leader.

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

Apollo

How can you say that your truth is better than ours?

When he had wandered into the Threshold, Apollo hadn’t the slightest clue of how large of a land Helovia was. He didn’t know what the land had to offer, what nooks, crannies, or secrets it held, nor did he know how to get anywhere. So, he was grateful that Phaedra was there, leading the way, and even more so when she had decided that walking would be in their best interests. Well… At least, in his best interests, since flying wasn’t for Unicorns. After all, if the earthly Pegasus had decided to open her wings and take the skies back to the home of The Grey, leaving Apollo only with where he should go, the Overo would be out of luck. Even Alcina would be able to follow, given as he had wings as well… Regardless, it was a small gesture on Phaedra’s part, but one that the black and white stallion greatly appreciated.

So, obediently and quietly, Apollo had followed after Phaedra, remaining a respectable distance behind her with Alcina. There were many questions that he wanted to ask, things he wanted to inquire regarding both the new land he found himself in, and about Phaedra in general. She was a mystery to him, completely unique in her tawny tones and beauty, and the Paint found himself wanting to know more about her. He refrained from asking, however, as he didn’t want to trespass upon personal information, or annoy her.

Whenever Phaedra would glance back at them, surely to check if they were still following, and grace them with a wink or a flirtatious smile, Apollo would lift his head just a little bit higher or change his stride so that he was strutting with confidence, ebony tail flicking as he walked. Why he was doing it, the Unicorn wasn’t sure… One thing that he did know, however, was that he was beginning to want to outshine Alcina to get her attention.

At one point, and to much of his chagrin, Apollo had grown lost in his own thoughts, gazing up and at the trees that were blooming with the arrival of spring. He pondered what they would look like once in full bloom, and even what they may look like come next fall. Would the leaves try and outdo each other in a brilliant display of colors, much like he was trying to outdo Alcina? So out of it that he was, the Overo hadn’t noticed when Phaedra had suddenly stopped short, and to much of his humiliation he had promptly stumbled into her, immediately stuttering out apologies. He had hoped that she wouldn’t be angry, but one look into her crisp, green eyes and told him everything that he needed to know; that she were merely toying with them.

Once arriving before a large, expansive thicket of trees, Apollo’s ears flicked forward, searching for any kinds of sounds from other creatures that may be lurking in the encroaching darkness. There were none, and idly he wondered if this was the home of The Grey. When Phaedra ventured deeper in, he followed, nimbly stepping over large branches of fallen trees, doing his best not to trip. It was hard to navigate, especially with the visibility dropping the further that the trio got, but not once did Apollo complain or speak out against where they were going.

When they finally came to a stop – Apollo taking great care not to run into Phaedra again – the Unicorn stood still, head raised as honey brown eyes peered through the density of the vegetation. Their guide called out for another then, ‘Ktulu’, and he took in a deep breath and straightened his posture, remembering what Phaedra had said. They were about to meet one of the leaders of The Grey.

Alcina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Alcina

The walk was quiet. How Alcina liked it. But the walk. Pegasus's were not made to simplywalk. They had wings for a reason. For flying. Soaring the sky's,watching everyone below. Not being the one's watched by others. His stir often turned into a glare as his gave causally turned to him. Perfetic Unicorn,making Pegasus's walk at there own un fortune. Only the woods and Phaedra kept him distracted from his Unicorn hate thoughts. Phaedra. Her playful 'game' of stopping and causing himself and Apollo to walk into her amused him a lot. Every time she stopped he couldn't resist grinned. Her flirtiness was certainly entertaining. Every time she winked at him he would wink in replay.

Again she halted,in the depths of a deep forest,but he was prepared for it,as was Apollo. Well,maybe Apollo is a slight bit clever then most other Unicorns? He passed the thought quickly,deciding what to do next as they stood. His mind was made quickly. Raising his head he ambled to Phaedra's side,ignoring Apollo.He looked out in the opposite direction of Phaedra,as if he wasn't looking. But secretly,out the corner of his eye,he watched her curiously. He then proceed to extended his blue wing tips and run it along her side. He acted like he didn't notice what he was doing,but a smile was creeping over his face,though he hid it. Drawing it in again he looked at her. "So is this where you like,because it is beautiful." His voice was powerful and charming as he looked deeply into her eyes,yet again taking no noticed of Apollo.
"blah blah blah"

thy-darkest-hour.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | BajiStock.deviantart.com
coding = tempest @ sordid secrets

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu the Constrictor         

rattle cage after cage

until my blood boils

Ktulu was alone when she stepped from the cover of the trees mere moments after Phaedra called her name. Eytan she had sent with Hototo, even if her mental link with the bear cub was broken at the moment. Her little cub, however innocent and playful he might be, was a fighter at heart. He had proven himself when he had attacked Djinn when the foolish stallion had thought it wise to threaten her. The dark mare still was unsure of what exactly her sister had been thinking when she sent him to the forest to find her.

"Phaedra." She said to the mare before her blood red eyes drifted over to Apollo first before coming to rest on Alcina. Her pale tail twitched and her gaze became critical as she appraised the two stallions. Ktulu was still unsure of whether or not she could trust Phaedra's judgement, but the mare had done nothing so far to anger her. It was more than likely her own unwillingness to fully trust anyone aside from her sister.

"Who have you brought?" Bloody gaze went back to the pegasus mare as she spoke again. "What purpose do they wish to serve?" She did not wish to say it aloud, but she was in need of more warriors and while she might have assumed before that they would be warriors simply because they were brought to her, she had to take into account Ophelia's lack of memory.

Icon by Tay

Deceased
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

[OOC: Alcina is up for adoption, but hasn't been yet. So we'll just ignore him for now :P]

Seeing the great dark mare still sent a surge of fear through Phae. Ktu was precisely the sort of mare that made Phae hate all other females, but also instilled respect. She lowered her sooty snout respectfully as Ktu neared, subtly scenting the air to see where her bonded bear-cub might be. Phae's brows knit together in confusion when she realized that he didn't seem to be around. Wasn't the whole point of a companion, that they be around? Alarmed, Phae raised her head abruptly, lost in her own thoughts of one day having a companion of her own. She was so close....but only time would tell if her match-making abilities would be good enough for the God of the Earth.

Shaking her head as she regained her focus, she looked at Ktu with a polite, if not slightly fearful gaze. "Thank you for coming Ktulu. This is Apollo." She said evenly, indicating the unicorn. As for what purpose, she would let the stallion speak for himself. She turned on her haunches, meaning to stand behind Apollo, forcing him to be in front of his new leader. As she turned, her gaze once again glinted with a flirtatious light, as she winked at him playfully. Phaedra lighting stepped by him, brushing his gently with her wing as she did so. She halted behind him and to the left, instantly thankful to have Ktu's stern gaze no longer directed at her. She waited apprehensively for Apollo to speak. Phaedra had stolen the amulet she wore around her neck, and presented it to Ktulu has a gesture of her loyalty, but the dark mare didn't seem interested. She had failed to capture Leander, but had sought him out personally to tell him of The Grey, as well as embarked upon the trek to the Aurora Basin, to speak with the herd there. Still, she felt unwelcome and small in Ktulu's presence. Perhaps it would always be that way. If she brought home a warrior however...Maybe that would win her some small amount of favour.

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

Apollo

How can you say that your truth is better than ours?

Honey brown eyes watched with slight fear when who he could only assume was Ktulu stepped through the thick darkness of trees, instinctively lifting his head up just a little bit higher, ears cocked forward as he took in the dark creature. Her eyes struck the Overo the most, a deep, intimidating shade of crimson that would have made his skin crawl if not for the fact that he was trying to appear strong. Surely someone with Ktulu’s experience could smell a coward a mile away… Hopefully she would be willing to give him a chance.

When Phaedra stepped aside, leaving Apollo to receive the full brunt of Ktulu’s bloody stare, the Unicorn inhaled deeply. If it wasn’t for the dark mare’s scrutiny, then he would have turned his head to follow Phaedra’s gaze, completely intrigued with her teasing nature. He tried to keep his voice impassive when he spoke next, but a tiny tremor graced his vocal chords regardless. He grimaced, then dipped his head in a slight bow. “Ktulu,” he began, somewhat uncertainly, “Madam… I’m searching for a place in your sect, with The Grey.” He hesitated then, unsure what else to say. Apollo didn’t know if he would be a good warrior, not when fighting wasn’t his forte, but if that’s the job that they would give him, the stallion would carry it out without question. If Apollo was one thing, it was loyal.

“I’ll be honest, I’m unaware of my own skill, but I offer myself to your service. What you wish to do with me is your decision. Phaedra has informed me that there are many positions in The Grey… Surely there is something that I can to do that will be satisfactory.” Apollo prayed that he wouldn’t be turned away. Phaedra had said that the Grey could offer him structure, something to follow and believe in, and that was something that the black and white stallion desperately needed in his life. Far too long he had been without it, but hopefully that all would change. It was all up to Ktulu.

[OOC: Sorry for the short, somewhat crappy post, guys… XD]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
ooc://

i'm so sorry for holding this up. if you want you can continue on and say that ktu accepted him into the ranks of a spy unless you'd rather him be a warrior. if you'd rather continue this thread i can post sometime over the weekend.

Icon by Tay

Deceased
[OOC: I'd like to continue, if you can Ali/Sparrow. I've like to have IC that Phae brought someone to Ktu.]