the Rift

I Hate to Ask [God of the Sun]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

My figure crosses the landbridge with the carriage of a general and the sinking heart of a fallen soldier. I am tired, so tired of this existence that some days, marked only by the sinking of the sun that in my sleepless nights I watch out of boredom, I wish I could be dead for once. I desire little more than to rest my head for the last time.

I have never before considered this life a curse, never before thought of myself as a weakness- a smudge across the beauty of the earth. Because the earth has never before been beautiful, the sky never before so serene. I feel empty in a new way, and you only follow. With naked, pale eyes I look out into the evening sun and wonder if the god that gave me these wings is still there. If he will return, and accept my request.

Accept my request to hide his gift. You sit beside me in silence. You are always silent now. "Return to me God, let us speak of the past," I whisper into the fading light. My wings fold and I wait. It feels like forever, and yet I wait.

[[Prometheus would like for his wings to be able to mend with his flesh so that he may hide them.]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The sun continued its gradual descent along the horizon, sinking past sight with a green flash of finality. Only then did the Sun God appear before the zombie child; in the moment of that final kiss of light upon the world. He started as a low glow of flame at the foot of his shrine. From its climbing flames he stepped, seeming to grow impossibly large from something so small and insignificant. As his tail crossed the mortal plane, the fire was snuffed out.

"Prometheus," the god greeted with only a fragment of exhaustion. His wings hung limply at his sides and his molten mane seemed nearly in disarray. He'd pulled the sun into the other side this twilight, reveling in the chase with the moon.

"You've come so soon. Need some flying lessons?" The Sun smirked, the humor chasing away the fatigue in his golden eyes. There were few mortals that gave him such comic pleasure as this young and misguided immortal.

Perhaps he could become the unofficial son of the Time God, not that he would receive much better guidance than he currently was.

CREDITS

Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE

I speak without hesitation, for there is nothing to hesitate upon. "Lord of the Sun, I have come here to discuss your gift," come the words, fresh from my tattered lips. It seems a pity to call the blessing a curse in the company of lessers, but if I must hide their majesty before the eyes of ignorant fellows, I will. The wings were meant to let me soar and advance, not to hinder me in such a manner as this.

You seem pleased to see the God of the Sun once more, and your purr is audible even above the faint crackling of the fire emanating from your coat. The ancient and atrophied muscles strung across my lips try to tug and squeeze, but I cannot smile. The news is grave, and speaking of it to this god is a risk I am not eager to take. If there are any that can take me out of this world, they are the gods. "Not all I meet are keen on my wings; I ask only that I might be able to meld them to my own flesh as a manner of keeping them from undeserving eyes. I understand and accept any task you set before me, I am willing to endure any pain- I simply cannot let this gift become a hindrance." My dead eyes scan the veins and the sky above impatiently; the stub of my hindquarters clenches as if a tail still rests there. Only you stay calm, burning as your own torch, gentle and patient. I envy you, to an extent. I miss you and your mind more, however. More than anything else.

img © foter

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The undead was as impatient as ever, quickly ruining the Sun's fun. It must have been only an eye blink ago that this greedy horse had just been on his steps, yet here he was again, not even willing to banter. Irritation set the flames among the god's wings burning brighter, his emotions skipping as easily as fire in the breeze. Only the genuine yowl of pleasure from the cat distracted the god enough from toying with the idea of setting Prometheus aflame.

No, no, the Sun God thought, golden eyes vacantly watching the churn of the flames on the tiger while Prometheus continued to explain himself for some inexplicable reason. The god had no interest in why Prometheus was here, the fact of the matter is that he was here; perhaps guilt gave the boy his free lips.

Irrelevant, all of it.

"You must take the wings from a living pegasus this time." The god smirked, well aware that no amount of flesh was needed, dead or not, to hide those wings. He only wanted to see the stallion do it. Yet bringing suffering and pain was no hard feat for this child of the netherworld. It would be far too simple and the Sun wished him to be reminded of patience and gratitude for the divine gifts he received. "One thing though, they must be willingly given to you."

[Willingly is open to interpretation ;) ]

CREDITS

He is swift and impatient, but I do not mind. His short temper is nothing new; I have known it since I was born into this life, and it has become like mother's milk. The gods are the closest I have to parents- temperamental, all powerful parents. My eyes follow the path of his anger, watch with disinterest as his flames billow and grow.

But his words are what bring me to fully understand the situation. Neither of us share affection for the other, this is no conversation between like souls. He grants us a task that will bring us only pleasure. It has been quite some time since our last hunt, and there is nothing like the sound of ripping flesh. Your eyes glimmer as the god speaks of our next venture, and instinctively you rise to stand. I nod and turn, my acceptance of his orders tacit and clear.

Simple. This will all be so, so simple.

[[I'm assuming the victim will not have their wings returned to them?]]

img © foter

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Correct, the wings will not be returned to their original owner.