the Rift

.r u n. [Thor] - CLOSED

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

I was running.

I was also praying.

But mostly, I was running. I wasn't even entirely sure where I was going, but my terror prevented rational thought. I was not careful about my approach to the World's Edge (stupid, I know), crashing helplessly through brush, charging recklessly through fog. It was dark, without even a sliver of moon to guide me, and the stars, usually so brilliant, were hidden behind a thick layer of mist. My hoofbeats echoed in the silence, clattered on the rock that lay on the edge of the cliffs. I didn't know how close I was until a step knocked loose a few pebbles; I heard them fall, cascade into the sea below, and I veered sharply, my shriek of fear dying in my throat. I knew who I sought, but not how to find him. I needed him, needed him more than even he could know. In all my years of suffering from the curse that he caused so many to cast me out, to run away from me, only he had proven capable of controlling - no, that isn't the right word. He didn't control it, but he helped me through it.

I was afraid to call his name. I knew that I was trespassing, but my fear of being caught without him during a fit exceeded my trepidation at entering another herd's lands. Besides, the Edge and the Throat were allies, and I had hoped to join him here. Not like this, perhaps, but I had planned it nonetheless. Even worse than the fear of being caught was the fear of rejection: had his pretty words in the forest that day been lies, concocted for my desperate ears? Would he send me on my way to deal with my problems on my own? Or would he welcome me with that same kind gaze, the sweet words, the promise to help me? Could he help me? I didn't know, I didn't care. All I knew was that I needed him. I needed Thor.

It was happening again, and I feared that without him, I would find myself trapped for longer than before. My blackout had been short with him, shorted by far than any in my past. I believed that this one would be worse, to make up for lost time, so to speak. Would I be out for hours? Days, even? Would he watch after me, make sure that I was safe? Or would he send me off without a care in the world? The cadence of my steps followed me, ricocheting off rock until my hooves met a softer floor, and I slid to a stop amongst the trees. Hooves continued to beat a steady tempo as I pranced in place, looking this way and that, unsure of how to proceed. This was a stupid idea, I knew - it was the middle of the night, I had given no warning, and besides, he may not even want to see me! But I was too far within their borders to turn back now, and I could only hope that Thor would find me. Before someone else did.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
In my dreaming, I felt comfortably lost drifting in the darkness of my fear before a persistent ache caught hold in my heart. It was small ache at first that pursued into an explosion of hurt that startled me from my sleep. Opening my eyes to the starry night above, I wondered what had spoken to me and caused such dread but before I could banish the sense of unease, I heard it. It was the distant pounding of hooves. It alarmed me and prickled the skin on my back. I wasn’t sure why this particular incident seemed to put me on edge, but I was reluctant to ignore it altogether. Around me the world was still asleep, no wandering eye remained open and I felt like this mysterious traveler and I were the only ones still awake. Shifting my sleepy bones, I began to pace toward the havoc that still seemed to alight my nerves with tremors of some emotion that I could not describe.

When wakefulness finally opened my eyes to the realization and importance of what was going on around me, my pace seemed to increase into a lofty run. It was something that I hadn’t done in a while, but as my legs sprung forward and opened above the ground, I almost felt like I was flying. Strings attached to my chest guided me as a shadow in her path, crying out in silence before my mind could register what I was chasing. Who was I following? The cool air of Birdsong opened my lungs and I sucked in the sweet aroma of spring as I raced along the cliff, never taking a chance to look below because I knew that death was the only thing lurking at the bottom. The mist hung heavy around me, but prior navigation was well served as my feet seemed to remember the fine line between staying abroad and falling to the depths below.

When her form finally crossed my line of vision, I flew into a flying stop. The soft ground gathered around my toes as the soft new grass was torn from its bed beneath me. I did not call out to her, not yet. I couldn’t tell if I were dreaming of if this was truly her- Tamira. My heart beat erratically beneath my breast and I was helpless to compose the whimper that passed my lips at the sight of her, so disheveled. Her eyes were wide in fear and anxiety and I wasn’t sure what had caused her to run to The Edge so late in the night. Though, I had an idea of what might bring her here to me. When I had come close enough to inhale her sweet scent, I spoke to her soothingly. “Tamira… What brings you out so late?” My words were heavy with pain because I could see it in her eyes. It was the shifting of her skin, of her attitude, of her mind and I knew that Myriad lay in wait.

Between us the air was thick with tension and I wasn’t sure if there was a way to break it. I wasn’t sure how she felt, why she was here; I didn’t know anything! Anxiety swelled in my stomach and I was broken at the sight of her. Part of me wanted to give her the space she needed for the change and the other part wanted to pull her to me, dash her figurative tears away. I knew that she was panicking because I could see it in her eyes and the way her back was strung so tight that if I were to touch her, she would crumble. I inched closer now, erasing the distance between us and igniting an electricity that emerged only in her presence. My lips parted with words that I could not speak for fear that she would flee. In such a state, I could see that she was sensitive and steady with a need… She needed my comfort and I was more than obliging, if I could only draw her closer, understand her desires.

I’m glad you came.” On a breath, I sounded tired and weak and perhaps she made me feel this way. My heart became nimble in her grasp and my knees waverd when she was near. I was certain that she needed reassurance, though I wasn’t sure if she had only come because I had promised her help or if she had come because like I needed her, she needed me. The moon beamed down upon us and in her undying light Tamira looked as beautiful as the last time I had seen her. She had grown little by little, her eyes now filled with a new confidence, though it seemed to be shattering under the pressure of what was still unknown to her. Myriad was a force to be reckoned with, though I invited her presence with excitement and wonderment. She was no Tamira though. Both mares, though sharing a single body, were completely opposite and each seemed to draw on different sides of myself that I hadn’t known.

However, I feared them both because of what they held- my heart.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

I was panicking. What folly had prompted me to seek him out in the dead of night, in a land that I may not be welcome in? I would be chased out, or worse, wouldn't I? They would want to know why I had just barged in rather than waiting at the border. They would have questions. They would have demands. They would view my actions with suspicion. A cool breeze wafted through the trees; goosebumps raced in a wave across my skin, a shiver wracking my body, caused as much by my terror as by the chill. What was I going to do? Should I just leave? Of course I should. My pistons shuffled beneath me as I shifted back and forth, my confusion obvious in my motions, my anxiety rolling off me in waves.

A noise caught my attention, surely much louder in my overly sensitive auds than it had any right to be; I spun, my legs splaying in what was surely a comical manner (had I not been so out-of-my-mind afraid), my cranium flung high into the air. But what I saw was more like an apparition than reality, and for a moment, hope sprung from deep in my heart, overflowing relief allowing my muscles to relax. I was afraid to believe my luck: had I really managed to find the one that I had come here to seek out? "Tamira..." his voice was like a drug, calling me closer. I needed his strength, his comfort, and yet still I stood, immobilized. I didn't dare believe that he was there. "What brings you out so late?"

His voice was laced with something akin to pain, and for a moment, I saw my own anxiety reflected in his gaze. I couldn't speak; all I could do was stare desperately into his eyes, searching for something that I could not name. I had come for his comfort, or course, and so he could keep me in check when I blacked out. But I had also come to - to what? To test him? To see if my feelings for him were unfounded? In the days since our first meeting, I had been consumed with thoughts of him, with memories of the electricity of his touch. I had never felt this way about another before, and after several days' incessant thought, I knew that my deepest desires had been answered: I loved him. I loved him for the way he had managed to contain and comfort me, for the way he had stood by me in what I was sure was my darkest hour.

And more than that, I needed him. It was but a moment before he spoke again, the emotional turmoil in him enough to break the spell of immobility. "I'm glad you came." A small, tight smile brushed across my lips, ever so brief, and then I was moving fluidly, easily forward, reaching my muzzle to touch his, to caress the soft, tender skin; and then it was onwards, slipping my cranium to press against his nape, hiding, in a sense, in his thick mane. He was ever so much larger than I, and his proximity was a calming thing, almost seeming to create a lull before the storm that I was sure would be coming. I breathed deeply, for the first time in what seemed like hours (it may very well have been hours, I realized), and his scent enveloped me, wrapped around my mind, drawing me closer.

And, for a moment, I was blissfully happy.

But it would not last, of course. I could feel the insistent pounding in my mind, the sharp pangs that rattled my skull with pain. I pulled away, perhaps the hardest thing I've ever had to do, for as we parted, my safety net fell away, and again the terror invaded me. I did not go far, only far enough to look into his eyes, to will myself to calm. "It's happening again," I said simply, and I knew he would understand. Perhaps it was an irrelevant comment; he already seemed to know why I had come. And yet, still he was glad to see me. "I... I need you. I... you're the only one who can help me." But it was so much more than that, so much that I cannot seem to put into words.

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?

Ahead of me the words were still unwritten, better yet, left unsaid. Against my skin, she felt natural, as if she belonged there and perhaps she did. Perhaps she was the half to my whole, a segment to my sentence, though the words were hesitant to grace my lips. I was quiet and I soaked her in, eager to hold her against my skin and yet so reluctant to see her go. I was intoxicated by her scent, drunk on her emotions and when she pulled away, I felt giddy like a child. Everything around us spun and then grew still, lost in the moment for hours until I was able to regain myself again. For a time I could pretend that she was still the loving mare that had captured my heart fully, that she was not tainted by secondary thoughts, secondary emotions, secondary words that would confuse me endlessly… I wanted her, both sides. Here and there my feelings were pulled and thrown, rising and falling over and over until finally I felt as if I could erupt and shatter into a million pieces.

Her anxiety infected me, pulsing beneath my skin like a disease that made my bones tremble and when she spoke, I was entranced, lost in her tunes as if she had sung to me the sweetest song. Though her sentiments were none that I had wanted to hear, I was at her beck and call just the same. “I will not leave you.” It was simply stated as if I could not imagine such a thing, though, I feared what would become of me in the presence of Myriad. Our prior meeting had ignited a fire inside of me that I wasn’t sure that I could extinguish this time around. I only hoped that she would show me some form of mercy, though previous words shared only dampened that wish and made it altogether unreal.

Though, everything about Myriad was forgotten when her angelic sister forced her into the shadows once more. My heart fluttered in my chest once more, as if the feeling would never end, as if I would live in this eternal high forever. Though, I could not place my selfish needs before her own and instead settling for lacing a steady gaze upon her face, looking at her fearful eyes, drinking in her tired features before touching my muzzle to her own. “I am here.

With that, I knew she would be gone, she would be lose control and succumb to the darkness that I know would only bring her pain and ultimately, though selfishly, bring my pleasure..

[OOC: Sorry, I just finished a 12 page paper, so this post is, well, crap.]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

"I will not leave you."

The words were like a drug, a soothing balm to calm me. I felt my breath leave my lungs in a whoosh, a breath that I had been unaware I was holding. For a moment, I felt peace. The threatening darkness that pulsed at the back of my mind, waiting to overwhelm me, was once more temporarily vanquished, and I was aware only of him. The sigh that was previously uttered was almost like a dam breaking, allowing my feelings and my emotions to rush from my pores. I smiled, and it was a true smile, and I knew that my feelings for Thor would be displayed in the radiance of my gaze. And then the moment ended, and the shadows returned. As they began to envelope me, I heard three words. "I am here." And I stopped fighting.

The change is swift this time, and it is over in the blink of an eye. Instead of a blank look, her eyes gleam with a wicked sort of power, and she simply raises her head, her posture queenly and demanding. A smile, with none of the sweetness of before, spreads across her lips, accompanied by a seductive batting of lashes, and then it is done.

Finally! I had regained control over the weakling, and I knew that this time, I would hold her under longer, like drowning a babe that no one wanted. I knew that I couldn't get rid of her - no, that would be too easy - and I couldn't hold onto this body forever, but I was damned if I was going to just roll over like a good pup and allow her to have her body back. Oh no, this time, she would have to work for it. I sneered mentally, reveling for a moment in my glorious return to power. It gave Thor a moment to prepare for my relentless onslaught, not that I meant to do so. I was simply barring the doors in my mind, holding the weakling trapped in the recesses of he own brain, not that she knew how to use it. She still couldn't remember anything. It made me laugh.

And then my predatory, alluring gaze turned to the stallion. He was just as I remembered, and my desires had not changed in our short time apart. I stepped flirtatiously closer, my motions a graceful dance across the ground. "Thor," I purred, my tone laced with passion, designed to lure him ever closer. "It's been far too long, darling." Oh, I had missed this the most, being able to turn this stallion on his head, make him so deeply conflicted, as I knew he had to be. Of course, everyone would love the weakling with her sweet words and kind heart; but I appealed to something much deeper, much darker. In the end, the darkness would win.

"talk"

Let me run
Let me feel like someone

Alabaster tendrils of white hot fear built inside my chest, blooming like a flower until it burst in violent waves, almost perfectly in tune with my erratic heartbeat. Her words chilled my skin and I trembled with the weight of it, battling off numerous sensations of passion, anxiety, and overall, pain. It was a hurt that nestled in the pit of my stomach and brewed there until my eyes closed with the pressure. I was torn between the primal need to react and the heartfelt desire to ignore. Her scent was overwhelming, as if she were inside of me, tearing my aspirations to shreds. It took every ounce of sheer will to keep from drawing closer, falling into her web of temptation. For a moment I remained silent, relishing the feel of her proximity before again admonishing those thoughts and turning away like a child deprived. My legs seemed to quiver beneath me, surely allowing her to brighten at the effect she holds over me, but I do not give in.

Opening deep brown eyes to those of infallible intent, I restrain the errant need to reach out, brush her skin with my own, caress her hips and lose myself in an unending state of dream. Though, I cannot. “It has… Myriad.” My words, a mere whisper, trembling on my lip causes me to look away, admitting defeat in spite of some solid intuition that she is not the one I want.

The change had been fast, unlike my prior experience with the two and it seemed that all traces of Tamira’s likeness had disappeared as she closed in on herself, losing her body to that of a demon that knew without question how to stoke my immediate desires. It seemed to hover over me like a shadow, threatening to invade when I was least expecting it and I knew that I would cave in, though I was trying desperately to hold out. However, I questioned myself why?

Why should I refrain when they were in fact one body, one soul, with two different dimensions? It was a thought that I had been entertaining for some time now, though in the depth of my consciousness, I knew it was wrong, I constantly pretended that somehow it could be right. Closer, she came, unraveling my composure like a piece of thread, pulling gently at the only resolve I had left until I was sure that I would burst with the weight of it. Inside, I was screaming, lost in a sea of confusion that tainted the sanity I had left after so much conflict in the Edge. With Mirage gone, I was sleeping less and driving myself crazy in the time that I spent in wakeful reverie. Now, it seemed to be showing, as I had dreamt of this day over and over and somehow, I imagined that I would be able to tell her no, tell her that my heart was in the hands of her other half. Yet, I found that no such words graced my lips and instead I found myself losing sight of everything I thought that I had come to terms with.

I see that your absence has been more than becoming; you’re as… desirable as ever.” Shock seemed to register seconds after this otherwise subtle submission, though, if it had caught me off guard, it was hard to tell. In moments, it seemed that she had worked her way under my skin and I was crawling closer like an animal grooming its prey. My hooves seemed to betray me as I moved closer, shamelessly caressing the thin skin along her neck, velvet against my muzzle. Inhaling deeply, I couldn’t help myself against the overwhelming surge to plant soft nips across her hide, each one intensifying a darkening sensation below the waist. Once again, the cat and the mouse, though the term could hardly describe the predatory fashions in which we approached one another, teasing and tempting like two wild cats in the midst of spring.

This was not how I had wanted things to go, not in the least, but I could feel my emotions churning beneath my breast and I couldn’t help but think that I was wrong. I wanted her more than anything.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

I could see his indecision, and that was my drug. I am not so weak as to crave his affection; no, I prefer to taunt him, to lull him into my grasp, to draw him closer like a siren's song. Perhaps such a term would have been more appropriate than 'Myriad' for my name, but I cherish his christening, and so Myriad I will stay. He was fighting a mental battle; on the one hand, I wanted his strength to fade, for him to give in to temptation, so I could claim him as mine, as a conquest that I have so eagerly completed. But on the other, the challenge was my thirst, and I did not yet want it quenched. His whisper is soft, but not quite broken, and so the challenge remains.

And then there are my desires for my weaker half. I want to destroy something she cherishes. At first, I had wanted to use Thor to father a child, surely a surprise when she awoke from her slumber, and she wouldn't even know the father! It would be the ultimate revenge for my imprisonment, or so I thought. But now... now I had seen, through her eyes, the way he looked at her, seemed to care for her, and I knew her feelings for him. To destroy him, to cast him from her life, would that not be the best course of action? Perhaps, and yet I found myself conflicted on this, too. He was quite handsome (save the odd little wings, of course, but I shant mention those), and I rather liked that he could resist my call. Maybe I even liked him.

Regardless, I would not force him away on this day. "I see that your absence has been more than becoming; you're as... desirable as ever." His words were hesitant, and yet I basked in their glow, fluttering my lashes as I sashayed ever closer. "Well, of course I do, darling," I agree. "I am always desirable, wouldn't you say?" His touch was welcome, soft at first along the crest of mane, then sharper as his caress turned to gentle nips. I giggled, winding my body around his like a cat, repeating my motions from our previous meeting. I flicked my tail against his legs, finding myself once more in front of him. "You simply must tell me how you manage to elude my grasp, dearest," I tease. "I can tell that it is difficult for you."

"talk"

Let me run
Let me feel like someone

Deep in my groin, she evoked a response that was cool and unknown to me. I had yet to feel such intense need for anything in my life and it pained me that she had been the one to ignite such a fire, but somehow I found comfort in it. Her skin, flush against mine encouraged the closing of my darkening eyes. I was heady with her, falling into the dark depths of desire once again before losing myself entirely to her coaxing and seductive word choice. Upon opening tender vision, I felt a new presence well up inside me, one that only this girl could inspire. A soft rumbling growl parted my lips and my legs stung with tingling passion as it marked her assault not only upon my body but on my need for intimacy as well. “Don’t play these games Myriad, I wouldn’t want you to lose…” A sadistic smile overwhelms my previous tortured expression and I know there is no going back. The guilt inside begins to grow and yet I find myself banishing it to the recesses of my mind to deal with later.

It’s funny to watch her assume authority, though I know that I too have a sense of control over her as well. A soft chuckle fills the air and slices through the tension that seemed to reside there, stroking her ego like some godly presence. I look upon her now, my lips curling, longing to kiss the flesh of her hips, her sides… What you do to me… I move away from her, this time suggesting she follow. Away from the clearing and into the forest I am drawn like a moth to flame. The night hovers over us, concealing our wrongdoing and yet encouraging it all the same. Night birds sing ominously through the treetops announcing our arrival and I pause to look back, though I’m not sure why because I know that she will follow.

However, I do not look directly at her, I instead study her caricature, each line and darkened space leading up to the real thing. In the pale light from above, she looks brilliant and a dark part of me wishes I could have her, right there where she stood, but instead I fill my need with words. “Desirable, you are love… and I only wish for you to come closer, test my resolve.” I look away from her now, still facing the quiet forest that watches on with incredulous eyes. Though, as I think of it, the show is only about to begin. I wait to hear her footfall closing the distance between us and her presence makes me tremble. Just come closer. I ignore the sudden need to turn back and instead wait like a small child, expecting a prize.

You know, as difficult as it seems, you make it endearingly easy to hold out… You’re something of a present that I’m slowly unwrapping.” The words surprise me as if I had not been the one to speak them, but I do not show mercy and I do not retract them because I feel it would only allow weakness to invade. Once again, the corners of my mouth pull and stretch into an arduous smile that feels heavily out of place. But trust me, I’ll have you, if it’s the last thing I do.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

As I waited for him to open his eyes, reaffirm the knowledge that I held power over him, I considered how I could make my mark on him, claim him as my own. I don't intend to remain a secondary player in this game forever. No, I will gain my freedom, through one way or another. My cool chocolate gaze rested thoughtfully on him, pondering how he could be of use to me in this personal quest of mine, how he could help me further my little vendetta. Perhaps I could talk him into assisting me. Or perhaps I could plant the idea, as a seedling in his mind, and wait for it to grow, wait for him to talk the seedling into separating she and I into different bodies.

I wondered briefly what I would look like. Would we be twins, she and I, destined to roam the wilds within the confines of two lookalike bodies? Or would we be opposing colors, one of us a dark russet with pale banners, the other pale with darkened accents? I didn't want to look like her, of course. I wanted to separate myself as much as possible from the weakling. And I wanted to claim that which had once been hers. I wanted this body. I wanted this stallion. I wanted to steal him from her, entwine his fate so tightly with mine that he would be hard-pressed to escape my grasp. I didn't want her to have anything. I wanted to watch her burn.

He opened his eyes then, and offered warning words to my waiting lobes. I laughed, a high, tinkling sound that was both alluring and poisonous. "My dear Thor," I purred. "I never lose." A smirk crossed my maw, and I tossed my head, sending ivory tresses flying into waves, cascading over my nape and shoulders. My forelock fell to cover one eye, and again I found myself waiting. Waiting for him. He turned; I felt a moment's disappointment, but I followed nonetheless. If he thought he could escape that easily, he was sorely mistaken. But I am quickly corrected - he wanted me to follow him, and so I had, like a lost puppy.

I didn't like that he felt he had control over me; I liked it even less that I had to acknowledge that he was correct. But so long as we shared that bond, surely I would win over my weaker half, would I not? What did she have that I didn't? Nothing. And she surely didn't know how to string him along, push his buttons, so to speak, not like I did. "Desirable, you are love... and I only wish for you to come closer, test my resolve." His words were teasing, and I bridled, offering a predatory smile. I felt as though I were stalking my prey, drawing ever closer, only to have it dance just out of my grip. I pranced closer, again allowing our bodies to touch. I ignored the shiver that shot up my spine at the contact, instead focusing on setting his nerves on end.

“You know, as difficult as it seems, you make it endearingly easy to hold out… You’re something of a present that I’m slowly unwrapping.” The smile that he offered was similar to my own, and I realized that we were stalking each other, trying to corner each other. It would be a never-ending game, this, with the pair of us forever circling, searching for an opening, a weakness, that we might utilize to break down the walls we threw up, the protection that we forged ourselves as solace. "But why torment yourself that way," I protested, my vocals teasing. "When if would be oh so easy to simply... give in." My maw crept up his nape as I spoke, the last words simply a breath in his auds; and then I was dancing away, enticing him to follow me this time, deeper into the woods.

"talk"

Let me run
Let me feel like someone

Around us, the spring grew thick with wonton desires, after all, spring was the season of love and of belonging. Whether or not, we belonged together was to be debated, but all the same, desire drove us together under the familiar warmth of the rising sun. The day fought to overcome the curtain of night and seemed to prevail as the first shafts of dawn beamed down through the misted limbs of the forest inside the Edge. Peering up and above the skeletal remains of winter’s deathly kiss, I found myself enamored with the sun and how jovial it appeared to be in the early morning hours. How could I deny such warmth and happiness, especially in the company of someone so tempting that I found myself salivating from the mouth in order to lay soft kisses upon her skin? Perhaps I appeared to be a bumbling fool, but nothing would stop me from finding my way to her heart, to her.

Love was something I had never experienced, but I knew that with Tamira it was something I could not question. I loved her. I cared for her- she was ever present in my waking thoughts and again in my nightly dreaming. But behind her image of lustrous brilliance stood the dark reminder of all things in her that she had not experienced. The passion of temptation, hot and burning beneath her skin, so strong that if ignited, she might implode.

However, Myriad… she was not so daunted by the intimacy of love and the affections that followed. Perhaps, she was the reason I found myself here, loose mouthed and scraping at her heels for just the smallest of indulgence. Her gaze brought a weakness to my knees, much like her lighter half and I sometimes found myself believing that the two were indeed, only one. But as she grazed against me, our flesh connecting and warming from contact, I knew this was not the one I loved- just the one I lusted. The divergence between their personalities was something that left me reeling, spiraling into the frosted realm of heartache that would one day burn and combust into one final decision- which one would I choose?

The thought haunted me momentarily before her brassy tunes tangled the silent web of confusion that wrapped around our beings and tied us together to this singular essence of time. Nothing else existed, aside from our hopeless banter. Would it ever change? Would we ever stop circling and finally just commit? Somehow, I doubted both. Though, it was a fleeting reality that was quickly forgotten as she veered away, beckoning me as I had formerly done to her. I smiled weakly, knowing that now matter how I tried to avoid it, I couldn’t resist her.

Her hips swung provocatively before me and I was light on my heels, eager to follow, eager to touch her… I felt so wrong and yet so right, merely disregarding the nagging issue of Tamira and brushing it away to the back of my mind. I felt guilty… guiltless- this wasn’t my fault.

Or was it?

She was cool as ever, turning to lace depthless eyes upon me; dark pools of desire mimicking my own before her words tilted toward me despite the tension. Something about them alerted me to her weakness and I was reluctant to accept reply, choosing instead to wallow in my own small victory. She longed to give in as much as I, even if she was just as hesitant to admit it. I wasn’t sure where “giving in” would lead us, because it would break the invisible line of comfort between us that we had created in order to give definition to what was right and wrong. Each of us clung to the idea that if it were never crossed, we would never have to deal with the ramifications. No matter what Myriad believed about Tamira, they still shared a physical body that would ultimately trap one or the other into whatever convenience was contrived from our foolishness now.

But, I was helpless to avoid her, helpless to resist anymore and so through wanting lips did such weakness prevail- I had lost this game, ever a pawn in her endless mystery of desire. “Then give in to me…” But, again she ran, deeper into the forest, like some ghostly beacon of light, leading me from heaven and into her hell. But, I smiled as I did so, tracing her path of shadows with a hot, red, essence of my own. You can’t run forever.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

I craved control, I could not deny that. Who wouldn't, being kept in solitary confinement within one's own mind as I had been for so long? I wanted my body to be my own, but more than that, I wanted to control others. Perhaps that was an ability the gods would deign to grant me, if they chose to stop playing tricks like trapping two souls in one body. Ah, to be able to influence another's actions, what power! I longed for power, lusted after it much as Thor now lusted after me (which, of course, was a kind of power, and one that I thoroughly enjoyed). Perhaps I was simply deprived, as alone as I often found myself, for in his affections, I found a solace that was not present in any other actions I had taken when the weakling fell to my attempts.

It was both, I realized suddenly - I loved the power that I held over him, but so too did I love the way his eyes followed my movements, lingered over every curve of my bodice. Plain, I may be, but in this there was beauty, if not in adornments, then in color, in build. I knew it, and from his gaze, I knew that he knew it. She did not know, and I knew that it made her perhaps more appealing - what stallions like about the innocent and the naive, I would never understand - but it was I that knew how to draw on his affections, how to tease that which was easily forsaken.

Love was not a word that sprung easily to my lips, and I would not fool myself into believing that I loved him. No, I loved the feeling that was him. The air between us was charged, as though an electric circuit ran between my skin and his; the atmosphere was sated with lust. He appreciated me for what I was, and for that, I was grateful - it was this that I adored, not the stallion. There were others better suited to me, but I could see his darkness, writhing under his iron will, battering at the door, straining to escape. It wanted me - he wanted me - and yet the desire was held under lock and key. Even that would not always hold it.

"Then give in to me..." he said, and the words gave away his ambitions, and his reservations, as I danced away through the trees, hips swaying, coaxing him onward. And so he followed, as I knew he would. I turned, winding around a tree trunk, bringing myself face-to-face with him one more. Our orbs met, and my nose stopped mere inches from his own. His breath mingled with mine, and mine with his, and I lost track of whose scent I was breathing in. I was heady with the power, lost in my control. I could almost touch him, but I restrained; the soft velvet of his muzzle would pull her out of her hole, and I was not inclined to allow that. But still, his touch called to me. "You will give in to me," I breathed, and I knew it was a fact.

"talk"

Let me run
Let me feel like someone

It was a magical thing that pulled us together, twined us through the shadows like forest nymphs before dividing us once more between the trees. Around and around was danced, so fleeting when we touched that we were helpless to control the loss of ourselves, the loss of will so powerfully overthrown by desire. Ahead of me she moved in the silence of my own reverie, swaying to an internal beat that only she and I could hear. It was a rare smile that tugged at my lips, stretching them into a broadened curve that looked almost strange upon my face. However, it was not strained, not forced, just… natural. I wasn’t sure what I was seeing- Myriad or Tamira. My heart seemed to be reaching out to her, this body that complicated the science of everything that I had come to know. Her flaxen tail was just within reach and when I felt that I was finally close enough to touch it, to feel it brush against my cheek, she was gone.

The idea pained me, a searing flame that lit my heart and ravaged my soul at the thought of losing this perfect thing, this love of mine. Closing my eyes, I imagined her at my side, never making games of my affections as I knew Myriad to do. I had realized this long ago, this longing desire to hold her still, pause her in her travels until she was satisfied with resting her heart alongside mine. Maybe this desire pushed me to do what I did… Perhaps it would give me apt reason to explain myself later when Tamira asked what had transgressed. Would my confession of love be enough to soothe her hurt should it transpire? I wasn’t sure, but I knew that I was becoming weak, losing control, spiraling into the darkness where I could no longer see. In a way, I felt that this was the right thing to do, even though I knew it was the complete opposite.

A she turned before me, halting to indulge my ravenous pursuit, I saw it. A faint glimmer in her eyes that trapped me in the moment. I was suffocating, trying to surface for air under her ever-pressing hold on my will. I wanting nothing more then to end it, end the tiring game of cat-and-mouse and let her have her way. After all, would that make me wrong? Could I find justification for my actions if she were to claim victory over my body? I was certain that she had no real ties to my heart as her other half seemed to hold, but my body, it betrayed me. Perhaps it was destined to betray me eternally, always subjecting me to her favor. Damn it! I was losing, even if I tried my damnedest not to…

Then you shall have me at your will.” It was as if all traces of my former self had collapsed, trading me away for something dark and primal. The forest around us was lighting under the pre-dawn sky and the air was cool enough to catch bursts of breath and pale them into the mists around us. As I stood, gazing at her, panting with need, panting from her chase, I knew it was over. The rosy light of the sun fell over her skin like a satin sheath, turning her chocolate coat into a soft Lavender shade. Her eyes were full, so deep and lovely that I couldn’t keep myself from losing myself in them… And that was it, that was when I knew that I couldn’t fight her anymore.

While she stood there in the quiet, I could imagine that she was not the temptress that I so passionately lusted over in the short times that she appeared from the dim sub-conscious of her other half. She was just as angelic as the girl who had stolen my heart and enraptured me fully. “Tamira…” And by the slip of the tongue, I had shattered our perfection and turned it to dust.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

His demise was so close that I could taste it, a metallic tang in my mouth, so intoxicating and yet, at the same time, repellent. I knew why, of course - when he gave in, our game would be over. I would win, he would lose, and that would be that. We would no longer banter, no longer battle. Our wills would not clash or collide. No, we would simply cease to interact. He would not hold my interest (though I may, perhaps, continue to hold his). "Then you shall have me at your will," he said, and for a brief moment, I was foolish enough to imagine that I had won.

And then: "Tamira."

A simple word, and yet it proved my undoing. Had I the power, I would have shrieked my rage: not only had he confused me with the weakling, but he had unwittingly managed to call her back. I could feel my power waning, my control over the body that we shared falling away. It was almost as though I were being sucked backwards, forced to return to the mental cell that was my confinement. Never before had the change been so sudden, nor so hard - I could not grasp even a sliver of control, hadn't the power to say even one parting word. I was unraveling within our conjoined mind.

The change is sudden; a new awareness appears in their eyes, and instead of the slow return that had plagued her the last time, it is clear that Tamira is immediately there, almost as though she were picking up where their conversation had left off. She has no memory of the change, but she does recognize that they had migrated further into the forest. She wonders why.

"Tamira."

"Yes?" I turned to face him without a clue of how we had gotten this far. I was confused, to say the least. What had I said, before? Time had passed, I could tell that much from the movement of the moon and the stars across the night sky; indeed, morning was coming, arriving swiftly from the eastern sky. Ah, yes, I had come to him for help. Had he helped me? What had transpired in the time between then and now? What did I say? What did I miss? Well, only he knew the answer, and so I phrased the question. "What happened?" I was painfully aware of my confusion without the haze of the last change to dull my mind.

"talk"

Let me run
Let me feel like someone

ooc| I haven't forgotten this, I'm gonna work on it either tonight or tomorrow love. I'm so sorry about the wait!
EDIT:

At times like this, the night seemed to be an impending thing, a thing that stood for the end. It was a sign of darkness that called for those creatures of the day to retire to their beds, rest their tired heads upon their pillows. But not this night, if it were even to be considered night at all. It had brought so much surprise, so much passion, so much desire, and perhaps a sense of hurt. The veil of the moon had fallen away, submerging into the atmosphere to make way for the sun. It was rising over the horizon now as I looked away from her, from the one I loved. She had no memory of what had transpired and perhaps she was better off, as ignorant as she was to all that had developed in her time gone. It was a painful thing to look into those innocent eyes, so trusting of everything that I offered. Had I done her wrong, loaning my attentions to Myriad despite her sister’s current hold on my heart? Whatever the case, I would ignore this sense of betrayal looming in my breast. Tears were not allowed for those who claimed to be strong.

I hadn’t even noticed the swift change in personality, so much so that when she turned back I was almost convinced that Myriad had resorted to some kind of sick game, pretending to be my beloved Tamira. However, the light of desire had faded in her eyes, replaced by a tired confusion that I had seen only once before. Without anything else to say that would comfort her or explain what had happened since she had fallen victim to her own conscience, I moved toward her and stretched my face along her neck, inhaling her sweet scent. She was something that I was becoming used to, dependent on… This was love.

Nothing love. Just don’t leave m again.