the Rift

look past my soulless eyes [open]

Maldecir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You left me here like a chalk outline

On the sidewalk waiting for the rain to wash away

He is new to this place. The newest addition to a herd that he has not even met. His recruiter, Lace, was a kind soul, inviting him to help protect the land in this time of war and hate. He hates what his race has sunk into, a mindset of pride and envy. Unicorns should be gentle and wise. Charging into another's territory is neither gentle or wise, rather quite stupid. Maldecir has joined with the normal equines in hopes to show them, especially those born into this world of racism, that not all those with horns are like that. It disgusts him how far his brothers have fallen. What sparked this?

As he entered his new home, he looked around, self-concious of what he is, what he looks like. Will the other herd-members shun him, like all the others? Overall, he isn't all that bad looking, save for the black eyes and bloodmarkings. Oh, and the stitched up mouth....That saying, 'the eyes are the windows of the soul', it's full of crap. His eyes are black, pupilless. Just dark marbles that detract from his white body. But his soul is clean, he has never killed if he didn't have too, never hurt a woman or child.

He stood on the edge of the herd-land. Keeping his distance while he got a feel for the land was a positive move. He needs to know what he has to protect. Green forests and a cliff that drops off into an abyss. Well this should be interesting.

Word Count: 256
OOC:

"speech"

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

With the warmth of the sun returning with the arrival of birdsong, meant the fem was just that much closer to another year older. So much had changed since her first arrival into Helovia. she had gone from a scared and skittish child, to a proud member of the Qian, to fighting along side her new found family for a home and meeting someone who made her heart flutter like it never had before. A smile crossed her features as her thoughts turned to Breeze. She had not seen him since the end of the invasion when he had come to the Edge to help heal those that needed it. Since that time she had been stolen away by those the Qian had outcasted from the Edge, only to have a black stallion she called Ink because of his color rescue her. She had returned to inform on the others that were prisoner and was waiting until it was time to go after them with the rest of her herd.

It was as the apprentice nurse moved along the boundaries of the land she noticed a pale knight with blood red mane and tuft on his tail. His horn was also blood red. Her heart froze for a few seconds fearing it was the awful bastard that had threatened her while she was a prisoner. But as she moved closer she saw he lacked the heart marking on his flank and her attitude changed. Maybe he was a new herd member? Either way the red roan moved to greet him. As she drew closer she spoke calmly. "Hello there and welcome to World's Edge. I am Kiara." She did not ask his name, rather waited to see if he would have the manners to give his name.

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Unregistered

It was his solitude that drove him from his last home. Maldecir hoped that here would be different. And as the strawberry roan horse approached him, his hopes rose. He sent a smile her way, hoping that he didn't look as cold as he usually does. Like the quiet gentleman that he is, the unicorn stallion bowed his head at the mare. "Thank you, Kiara. You are the first to welcome me home." His smile grew wider.

His very thick accent might make his words slur a little. "Im lo siento por mi acento. Uh, sorry for my accent. I am called Maldecir." Looking around, he noticed that he was alone with the mare. No matter, it isn't as if he would hurt her. The very thought made him shutter. Who could harm such an innocent looking girl?

As a silence grew between them, he shifted his weight, slightly shy around the stranger. "So, are you part of the herd? What do you do? I am here to proteger. Oh uh, protect." Why couldn't he speak normally? Well, normal English.

Word Count: 190
OOC:

"speech"

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Had equines been able to blush, the fem's cheeks would of appeared even more red than normal as the pale steed bowed. his head. She to bowed her head in return listening as he spoke. "Welcome home." She smiled, green eyes looking to his eyes. They were strange, almost frightening. But yet his kind voice kept the roan girl from turning tail and running away. She held back a laugh at his strange accent, but then again that was what made each of the unique. "It is nice to meet you Maldecir. I am sure you will make a fine protector. Has anyone shown you around?" She was quickly growing to like his accent, but wondered what the words he was saying meant. Perhaps maybe he could teach her? Time would only tell.

As she waited for him to reply her mind wandered slightly, out of World's Edge to Dragon's Throat.. She wondered where Breeze was, and if he was ok.... Surely he had made it back ok... She wished she had joined him for the walk back to Dragon's Throat, but then again for all she knew he flew. Pay attention to the one in front of you and not think about him she chided herself in her mind. After all, it was rude to day dream in front of others.

"talk talk"

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Unregistered

He shook his head. "I have just arrived with Lace. I don't know where he's off too..." The stallion looked around for the grulla creature. He had met Lace and his pale dragon companion in the Threshold, where Lace had invited the intimidating stallion to help protect his herdland from a rogue unicorn invasion. Or at least that is what Maldecir understood. He knew that he is here to protect the land, but he is unsure of the beasts for which he needs to protect. Was it just unicorns, or was it a variety of twisted beings?

At any rate, he had plans to meet with the leaders of his new home. He needed to know details. It is how he works. Turning his mind back to the roan mare, he smiled. At least he wasn't the only one lost in thought. Clearing his throat, he took a step to the side, then towards the mare. "Could you show me around? A tour perhaps?" He flashed another gentle smile.

Word Count: 173
OOC:

"speech"