the Rift

A walk to safety [Kiara]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Mirage watched the mare, carefully, assessing whether she was ready to rise – in all honesty, the little shadow thought it best that the belle lay and rest for a minute more, she was not in immediate danger, at least the charred flicka could not detect any. But the mare had spirit, rousing herself, Mirage stepped closer, her sturdy frame easily being available to lean upon. Scout ahead, Akaith. The quiet request was made, though it hardly needed to –the dragon was already in the air, checking that the vicinity was safe.

“Lean upon me, and let us walk, you can rest at the Thistle Meadow. I am here.” She reassured the belle, not knowing whether her speech was even having an effect, positive or negative.

It was a slow, deliberate walk, but Mirage wanted to reassure the mare was capable of resting easy – by this stage, surely Kiara was tired enough now that even if a pack of wolves were upon them, she would sleep. No wolves, Akaith murmured in her tiara, and the shadowy mare smiled to herself, pleased that no danger, aside whatever Kiara might have been running from, had come upon them.

“Here,” she speaks, steadying her motion, easing herself away from the mare’s side, her own flanks dripping in sweat from the oppressive heat, and the effort of carrying another. But the dark mare did not mind in the least. She had located a soft patch, one that she had previously used to roll in herself, the loam was covered in a soft, downy grass, surrounded by thistles, but not uncomfortably so. More dust had gathered than usual, due to the drought that was triggered by the Sun God’s rage.

“Rest, you are safe.” Smooth, warm tones conveyed, and the mare stood vigilant by the slumbering femme.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Slowly, oh so slowly she walked. Each step closer to Mirage seemed to take forever, her hooves finally feeling like lead. Greatfully she leaned against the older fem, glad that someone kind had been the one to find her.... After all.. HE could of found her. Her her mind she vowed to herself He will NEVER touch me again. Kiara listened as Mirage spoke again. Wherever this Thistle Meadow was she hoped it was close by....

With each step the young dove grew even more tired. The heat of this land was almost unbareable. The little energy the fem had seemed to be sucked right out of her by the sun's hot rays. When Mirage spoke again, anounceing that they had arrived at a safe spot, Kiara dropped to the ground. Her body was to tired to keep moving. Her green eyes closed and she fell into a deep sleep......

------------Hours Later-----------------

The young red roan's eyes fluttered slightly, as if she wasn't fully ready to once again face reality. Slowly, stiffly she lifted her head from where it had hit the ground and looked about.. Had it all been a horrible nightmare? Was she really safe in her hiding place? No... One look around told Kiara she was far far away from home. The sun seemed to of moved as she slept, starting to decend under the land. It was slightly cooler, but not by much. The two year old looked to the sky, wondering about the stars. It was only then she remembered collapsing. Someone had helped her here.... Green eyes looked around, desperate to see the ebon mare that had seemed to watch over her. "Mirage?" She spoke quietly, her voice cracking slightly with the lack of use and dehydration setting in. It was only then Kiara realized she was not only thirst, but hungry as well. Hesitantly she reached out, not quiet ready to try standing and nibbled on the grass around her. She shifted slightly, feeling the dusty soil under her. What made this land so hot and dry? There was so many questions about this place Kiara wanted to ask... But first she needed to be strong enough to understand and handle the answers...

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

"I am here."
The words were spoken softly, but firmly, with an accent only the mare and her siblings possessed from a realm eternally bathed in moonlight. The charred femme hadn't moved from her vigil beside the maiden, though she had cloaked herself in her illusionary magic, more out of habit than anything. Now it dropped away, and she lowered her muzzle to reassure the maiden that she was near.
"Are you feeling better?"
Mirage had watched the mare sleep, could see the dreams as they tormented her mind touch her facial expressions, and with concern she wondered just what had happened to this young creature, who should, by rights, be only experiencing innocent happiness. Though that wasn't the case for Mirage herself, but then her history was a unique and complicated one.
"When you feel up to it, try to stand - I will be here to support your weight when you cannot."
Her words were gently commanding, but it was better for the flicka to be on her feet rather than on the loam in a land like Helovia. Once she was standing her blood would be able to pump more efficiently, and she would start feeling better faster. Encouragingly, the mare whickered, and Akaith, who had been gliding about, landed upon the loam beside the maiden, singing softly her own encouragement.

Kiara
Red Roan Blanket Appalossa | 2 Years Old | Equine | Appaloosa x Quarter Horse

Green eyes eagerly look around as Mirage speaks and shows up out of thin air. She looks at the ebon fem curiously for a moment before speaking "Yes, just hungry and thirsty now... But that can wait... how did you, do that? The whole showing up outta thin air? Kiara found herself hating the way her question had come out. But whatever this was caught her off guard. As Mirage encouraged her to stand, the red roan shifted to stand. Her legs were wobbly as she wasn't very strong. But at least she was rested. Curiously she dropped her muzzle down to look at the golden lizard near her. Wht kind of a strange place had she wandered into? Magic? Flying huge lizards? What next? The mixed blood fem sighed softly. At least she was safe. After all, surely the stallion would never find her here... Right?

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

That the youthful fae’s first query was regarding the magic Mirage possessed gave her brow a softer appeal, a smile hinting at the edge of her lovely lips. But she concentrated on aiding the mare in rising first, before addressing the answer – for she did not know exactly how to answer her. Upon entering the lands of Isilme, Mirage simply was able to step beneath this cloak that fitted her namesake, and shortly thereafter she also found the golden egg that contained the juvenile Akaith within its metallic shells. The mare had simply figured that she needed the touch of Isilme’s lands to realise her full potential of a magic that always resided within her, and she had not lost the ability since then.

“It is an illusionary gift I have been able to wield for many years now.” Once the mare had regained her feet, Mirage spoke about her abilities. It was something she hadn’t considered for some time, so much a part of her it had become. “Akaith has been with me for just as long.” She added, as the dragon deftly leapt to her perch atop the raven mare’s withers. “I’ve always believed that there is the potential for magic within all of us, Kiara. But I know not exactly what unlocked mine, or what may unlock others.” This mare, though wise and learned, was perhaps wiser in knowing that she did not know everything – why else would she always be so thirsty for more knowledge?

“Come to the stream, quench your thirst, and tell me about yourself.” It was a gentle instruction, as Mirage tilted her tiara towards the low stream nearby. It was fuller than usual, full of chilled waters melting from the icy reaches of the northern lands; Mirage supposed that even the Sun God’s wrath could not evaporate all the ice immediately, leaving enough behind to fill the rivers at lower altitudes. Or perhaps, it was merely a gift from the Earth God to his children, to help sustain them through this dreadful mess of a drought. “You are within Helovia, young one. Vast lands that run on a different rhythm to most other realms.” Succinctly she described the lands that had become her home, leaving the statement open for further questions should the maiden have any.

Kiara

Kiara listened closely as Mirage spoke. She had noticed of course that the ebony fae had choosen to wait to speak until Kiara was firmly on her feet. The red roan's ears flickered back and forth as she listened. So perhaps, maybe just maybe she took could unlock a hidden magic. Only time would tell. It did however surprise her that the golden one had been with Mirage almost as long as she had her magic. This fact made the fem long for a companion of her own. At least then, she would never be alone.

However at the mention of a stream Kiara eagerly nodded and followed. At least in this heat there was plenty of water. I could be worse after all. All the water could dry up to. Without hesitantion her muzzle dropped to the cool water and she drank. Only for a moment did she look up to ask "I'm sure you've figured out by now... I was running away...." The two year old wasn't sure how to explain her old home, and the new customs. After all when she had been born, well that had been when the hardships for mares had begun.

Kiara was hesitant to just spill what she was running from. After all she really did not want to even think about it let alone talk. However she trusted Mirage. When Mirage said she was in Helovia... and that it ran on a different rhythm than other places. Maybe that was what made it so hot? "Is that why it is so hot here? I thought it was warm where I was born... but it does not compare to the heat here."

The mare nodded gently to the words the youthful one spoke, she was a patient creature, capable of waiting a lifetime if needed to gain knowledge that was initially hidden from her. She didn’t mind that the belle wanted to keep whatever it was she was fleeing a secret, but at least made it known that she would be willing to listen, if the femme ever did wish to communicate her past.

“Everyone runs, sometimes it’s a matter of survival.” The mare spoke, hinting that she knew of running away from one’s past – though Mirage never ran away from her makers, as such. She fled the destruction of Isilme, but she did not run in the sense that she longed to forget it, rather if she had stayed, she feared she would have lost not only her life but Akaith’s as well.

“If you are ever struck with the need, my ears are always willing to hear anything you feel like speaking about.” Dipping her maw to the water’s edge, that they had just reached, she allowed the cool liquid to refresh her, and silently encouraged the roan one to follow suit. Akaith leapt over Mirage’s bowed tiara, her reptilian bodice swallowed up by the stream swiftly.

“In a way, the heat is an aspect of Helovia… holy creatures rule here, each having played their part in crafting these lands. The Gods of the Earth and Sun, and the Goddess of the Moon. The Sun Lord is angered, the drought reflects this.” Mirage didn’t know many more details to give, only that she had a vague idea for the reason of the Sun’s anger. But that was unnecessary right now.

The golden dragon stuck her head out of the stream, even the dragon finding the weather almost too hot and enjoyed getting her scales wet. A playful chirp sounded from her maw as Mirage nudged her gently with her dark muzzle, not minding the spray of water that resulted from the dragon’s wings moving about the water.

“As I said before, Helovia is vast, Kiara. I would be happy to help you find your feet, if you like.”

Kiara

Ears constantly flickered back and forth, listening for more hooves. With every little sound her body tensed up ready to run. “Everyone runs, sometimes it’s a matter of survival.” A matter of both survival and to remain untouched. Kiara whispered softly, barely able to be heard. "For me.... to was to avoid.... something unwanted....." She paused to look up at the older fem, before finally letting her guard down and speaking freely "In the lands I come from..... Things.... Changed when I was a newborn.... The males, from what my mother told me changed...." She stopped, trying to figure out the best way to describe what exactly had happened. "A new stallion took over the herd and eventually the entire land. Once he did... things were never the same.... Mares.... had no say in anything anymore... My mother hid me away to protect me....." The sight of her beaten mother, her claimer sneaking along behind her after raping her mother was burned into her mind. "She saved me, from facing the fate many did in the spring and summer..... All mares were to be claimed by a stallion, as property for those seasons and used to make more.... Any flawed child... was killed on sight. Only the strong colts and fillies allowed to live... The fillies beaten and rasied to think stallions were better than them..."

Her body shook as in her mind she relived the moment her mothe realized a stallion, her claimer had found her daughter. "My mother was followed, and the one who claimed her tried to take me as well..... I ran, as my mother fought him.... Her fate... I do not know.." Kiara looked to the skies wondering if her mother was ok. "She more than likely gave up her life to save me. Told me to run and never come back...." Kiara closed her green eyes sighing heavily. "I live in the fear that he will find me.... and my punishment for running.... will be great... I will be lucky to live..." With those last words the two year old fell silent. She left it unspoken about her fear of males. It would show in time.

With a soft, sympathetic ear, Mirage listened to the young femme's tale. A small frown creased her forehead as she thought of the mistreatment this poor flicka's lands warranted against mares, treatment that Mirage had defended herself against before and come out the victor. Though she was not unmarked, emotionally, by such incidents, she was still alive, and did not live in fear, but rather in trust of her own ability to survive.

Without hesitation Mirage leant closer to the roaned belle, reaching her visage over her shorter withers and gently holding her near, an offering of comfort and security. "I will do everything in my power to ensure he does not find you. I wish I could promise that such cruelty did not exist here; but know that should you wish it, myself and my kin, the Qian, will protect you." Retracting her tiara from the youth's embrace, Mirage sought out the mare's emerald eyes with her own liquid gold pools.

"You did the right thing, Kiara. Your mother would be proud of you, proud that you have survive, that you will continue to survive, here, in Helovia."

Kiara

Feeling Mirage against her was strangely comforting for the belle. Not just comforting, but made her truely feel safe for the first time in well... months. As the touch was removed her green eyes met Mirage's gold ones. The young dove couldn't help but smile. It was only then that her eyes caught sight of the dragon and she couldn't help but want to know more of the customs of Helovia.

Gently she lowered her head down drinking again. She wanted to quinch her thirst for water before she found out more. As Kiara looked back up to Mirage she spoke softly, changing the subject. "So do other's have companions like you? Are there more than just dragons?" She paused for a moment before speaking again "Three Gods.... Are they nice?" Oh how innocent Kiara was to the way things could be.....