the Rift

The Mouse [World's Edge?-Open]

Naurista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Naurista
The Mouse

Open your wings and fly...

"(OOC: Awesome Xanthos gave me a table, thank you Xanthos!)

Sploosh, sploosh, sploosh
The dappled mare stopped walking and looked around at this new territory she’d found, she lurched forward attempting to take another step when she jerked to another stop and looked down at her feet. Her hooves were burried in thick black muck which is covered deceptively beneeth a layer of snow, seemed to want to engulf her legs. Her normally white feathering is caked in mud, Naurista frowned, not that the filth coating her hooves and fur was much of a bother. But it seems impossble to move! What if something came after her? Would she be able to get air-borne?
SHHPLOCH! She lift her leg, the muck sucking at her hoof, trying to keep it locked to the ground. She set that leg down in front of her and watched it sink deeper than last time in the mud. Naurista let out a sight and looked up to the sky. It’s a beautiful day outside, no doubt. The weather is warm and gorgeous! But the melting of the snow saterated earth with water turning it into a thick, sticky soup. And this place is new to her, she didn’t know the name of it… all the more reason to be cautious.

Her eyes studied the horizone, it seemed empty.. quiet. She hoped so. But she still wanted to get out of this mud…
Splooch. Splooch.. Splooch… SPLOOCH…. SPLOOCH.
Naurista snorted, that noise! This mud! Naurista glared with irritation as she listened to the mud molest her feet unwillingly as she moved. She had to get out, she picked up her feet and pushed herself to begin trotting through the mud at a steady pace. Kicking up mud chunks in all directions as she went along. Inebidably a large chunk of mud struck her on the side of her face, and unfortunately splattered into her eye.
”AAAAAAGGGHHHHH!” Naurista screamed in both rage and pain, tossing her head and rearing up trying to get the mud out of her eye. She opened those giant wings of hers and began flapping them violently, the air hummed around her.
Foosh! Foosh! Foosh!
As she stood up higher and thrashed around in her tempertantrum she lost her footing in the mud and she fell over backwards, landing in the mud, splattering it everywhere.
And then there she lay… back down in the mud, her legs curled up above her… her wings spread about across the muddy field. Covered in mud.
”I suppose I deserved that…” She spoke softly, settling down."

[Image: Naurista-1.png]
Image Credit

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

Don't want to let you down, But I am hell bound..

My heart beat with the slow throb of loss, a loss for what, I wasn’t sure, but it was loss all the same. Each stride brought an empty reminder of where I was going but had not yet been and I was helpless to the carnage of such an emotion and yet, I was once again wholly entranced by the serenity of the Threshold. It seemed that here, new beginnings were made and while I had already been gifted with such a blessing, I found that comfort was inevitable here. Every creature in Helovia found purpose within these lands and I thought that if such revolutions existed from such a place, perhaps I would be able to find refuge here as well, even though I had already been given a name for myself. However, names were never enough. I had been so focused on what I had wanted to become that I had gotten lost in the process of actually working to achieve my entitlements. At one time, I had wanted to throw myself into the throngs of warriors that stripped the lands of vulnerability and yet, I had no real desire for the taste of iron blood upon my tongue.

Healing was my forte, even if I had yet to pursue the thought. At times I felt weak because I had chosen not to offer my body and soul to The World’s Edge in the event of siege, but I knew that I would bear my heart and soul for those wounded and in need of my remedies. As I entered the Threshold once more, I couldn’t help but think of Adura, the fragile mare who had been so intent on death when I had come upon her in these very grounds. She was like a fallen angel, precious and yet so damaged that Hell would have given anything to rip the wings from her very back. The image brought a small shiver to my skin that had radiated from within and not so much from the cold. It had been such a rough winter that I dreaded the heat of the approaching summer, so fierce upon my back. I shuffled the scant appendages upon my spine, only nearly aware of their lack of stability in the aiding of my warmth. How I longed for the fullest of feathers to sprawl heftily along my back and flanks. They would forever mark my deficiencies, despite my constant attempts to ignore them.

The cool air borne fiery crystals from the misted veil of my breath and it was almost magical to watch them float and swirl once more to the ground where all things died. Such beauty would always be lost to the hardened seat of the devil’s roof and with this, I moved above him, cursing him in vain for all things that I did not know. However, my raving was soon ceased in favor for the delights of company that was not entirely unwanted. She was protesting against the mire that hugged and kissed at her feet, longing for her company as if pulling her into its deathly grip will allow her true life. I smile to myself for a moment before emerging from the forest line. “Having troubles are we?” The tilt of my lips is inevitable and I can’t help the solemn laugh that erupts from my stomach and bubbles to the surface like clockwork and then falls back silently before she has much time to question it. “I’m Thor, World’s Edge Apprentice Nurse, is there any reason you’ve spend some much time fighting with the mud instead of traveling over the forest floor?

Naurista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Naurista
The Mouse

Open your wings and fly...

"The winged mare stared at the sky for only a moment longer, when she decided sulking in the mud like some pitiful creature wasn’t going to do her any good. But just as she was about to rise a voice alarmed her to the presence of another being.

“Having troubles are we?”

Naurista nearly jumped out of her skin, in shock and embarrassment her head lift to look over her shoulder at a strange bay stallion just standing there calmly in the mud, staring her down. ”Oh my! Oh you gave me a fright!” She rolled over and picked herself up with haste, she shook herself desperately in an attempt to shake the mud caked to her body as the stallion introduced himself. Thor hmm? Thor of World’s Edge? What is this world’s edge? It sounded dangerous, and what’s a nurse? Naurista now wished she hadn’t fallen, while the gray brown mud blended well with her blue gray fur, her white mane is now thick with muck and hanging like extra weights off the side of her neck. And her wings now hung at her sides weighed down by the mud. She shook to get some of the mud off, she could beat those wings of her in the air to rid them of the mud. But she could just imagine the stud in front of her dotted up with mud like a foal who’d just run past him at blazing speed and kicked mud up everywhere onto him. This is… a curse? It had to be. She looked over the stallion, he seemed to have a friendly deposition, this made her happy. Naurista has seen her days of arrogant herd animals and she is happy she does not have to deal with one today!

”I wasn’t aware this field was going to be such a thick unforgiving soup. It looked like fresh snow when I first began crossing.” She explained to him, when she noticed the pathetic pair of black feathered appendages he carried on his back her jaw nearly dropped. What?! But, how? How did he—Surely those wings--- no, he can’t fly can he? Naurista mentally slapped herself and screamed internally to herself, manners wench! Manners!
She quickly averted trying hard not to stare, ”I am called, Naurista”
But her eyes… ”I’ve never been….” Kept drifting back.
”Here… before…” To his wings with unwilling temptation.

The poor stallion. No! I doubt he wants your pity, he probably gets enough of that from others with full proportioned wings, and he probably lives happy and just fine without your unwanted judgment.

”I apologize, but what is a nurse? And what is the world’s edge?” She quickly tried to bring different thinking upon herself to keep herself from looking back at his wings, and possibly to keep him from noticing her wandering eyes.

OOC: I was going to play like she has no idea about the herd I wanted her to join, if this is ok :)"

[Image: Naurista-1.png]
Image Credit

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

Don't want to let you down, But I am hell bound..

A sullen smile was evoked as she trembled from my voice; it was reaction out of fear and yet, I could do nothing to banish the humorous effect it had on me. She was a peculiar looking mare, short and stout like a bear, but her eyes were so catching, that it made up for most of her brute appearance. I wasn’t sure how on earth she had become covered in mud, but I wasn’t going to take the time to ask simply because, in the quiet, judgmental recesses of my mind, I truly just didn’t want to know. Though, as she stumbled around like a giant oaf trying to prepare herself in my presence, I couldn’t help a second smile that seemed to touch my eyes this time. She was squawking and dancing around like a frantic bird and yet, it did nothing to impinge on my nerves, instead I found it oddly amusing. She seemed to be in so much disarray, that for once in my life, I felt wholly put together. After seeing Tamira in the Edge only a few nights ago, my nerves had been shocked into insanity and I found myself longing to scream with the weight of it all. Mirag had been captured by the Basin, Tamira was battling her other half and I… well I was in the midst of it all, peering into each direction and trying to make sense of all the calamity.

I’m dearly sorry, I only wondered what had you so flustered out here seeing as you’re… covered in mud.” This time, I did nothing to hide the impending smile, staring down upon her like a naïve child in need of constant, caring attentions. Without hesitation, I drew closer and ran my muzzle along her cheek in an attempt to smear the smattering of drying earth away from her mouth and eyes. If she had any qualms with my bold actions, I was sure that she wouldn’t voice them, as I wouldn’t be too much in the way of caring.

However, when she noticed the scanty pair of wings that shuffled along my back, I couldn’t help but grimace. Of course, they would become my defining factor, but I had learned to ignore their presence altogether, due to their futile existence. I was more or less a mere equine in the sense of race, as I had never taken to the skies as other of my species had done since birth. “They don’t work.” I stated this gruffly and turned away, almost eager to be rid of her prying eyes. But, I hadn’t come to justify my own complication, but instead to relate to her the offers of The Edge. I wasn’t sure if I felt comfortable mentioning the fact that Mirage was indeed absent on behalf of the horrible members of the Basin, but I was certain that even if I did, she would understand.

Well, I must say then, welcome to Helovia. This is a land of relative peace, if you ask me, though other would be apt to disagree. There are three herd lands, not including the merciless ranks of Aurora Basin, though I doubt you’d be interested in such sinister relations anyhow.” I paused here, gauging her reaction, though I was almost positive that she wouldn’t want to know much of the devil’s rejects and their wasteland of a home. “I am from The World’s Edge, a wonderful place of sheer bliss and equality, led by Mirage the Dragonheart. However, The Dragon’s Throat and The Windtossed Foothills are prime herd lands as well, each being led by leads very much like my own. However, if you need more information, I’d gladly help you out, that is, if you’re not looking to possibly return home with me…” A sheepish smile follows this and I cannot help the childish smile that spread my thick lips. But it isn’t long before I’m delving back into the wonders of The Edge again, despite the actuality of conflict residing there.

There are also various ranks within in herd. As a Nurse, I will seek to pursue a healing magic so that I may heal those wounded in battle of otherwise. You may apprentice under what you like, such as a Craftsman, or a soldier, though I doubt the likes of a warrior would suit you-” I look around now, eager to convince her of The Edge before the sun departed of the sky. “- in fact, I believe that you would make a great healer yourself, or perhaps a Philosopher.” I look upon her now, knowing that she hold great promise and I smile once more because I know that The Edge would hold great promise for her as well.

[ooc; My medicine makes me loopy, so sorry if they are numerous mistakes. O.0]