Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
F a e l e n e
the truth never set me free so i did it myself

The continuation of this thread.

Her opponent takes a strong stance of his own, ready to take her head on, horns to horns. Something she always wanted to try, but would not be doing. By using a surprise action she hoped to teach him least one thing, be ready for something other than what you may be anticipating. He is still quick on his feet, getting away before he is inflicted with a more greater amount of pain. She can feel her hooves hit some of his mass, but not as much as intended. Fast as her hooves had struck, they fall, regaining the ground beneath her. A forceful snort, she clears her nose, hating the nip of the wind, the wetness that now marked her neck from her exertion in the form of sweat. A shake to attempt to dry her coat she stands across from the red, and white spotted stallion. She is impressed he looks ready to continue, waiting for something else. As he should be, she thought. Faelene is done, and rather not make another round. It was good practice in this weather, and conditions, but she rather not catch cold.

"Well done," she says, her charcoal mask softening, her pillars working beneath her to find their way to him. Faelene halts, her ears sweeping backward, a look of apology forming in her silver irises. "I am sorry for that bite, I did not mean it to be so harsh." She offered him the touch of her muzzle, letting it graze his cheek. A subtle tilt of her head she took a glance at the cut. What a mess, though it was hard to quite tell where all he blood was. A closer step, she reaches out with pause, and then takes time to gently groom where it had pooled into his coat.

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

Huffing breaths cloud their muzzles as hot breath reacts against the cold air. Tolio feels rusty and knows Faelene can hold her own quite well, though never had he doubted it since he'd first laid eyes on her. Muscles remain tensed and active, ready and willing to move in the intricate dance of battle they have been performing on this washed out stage. Faelene is a good partner to spar with. You get used to fighting a certain type of person and forget what it's like to go head to head with someone just like you. Tolio had nearly forgotten how to take into consideration that both were tall, lean, and fast. It was truly interesting to fight against someone he loved and respected so deeply and intricately. 

Something unspoken moves between them. It was short, a fierce warm up, but Tolio knows they are both willing to smile and draw the line. She praises him and he giggles softly, letting the lion inside retreat to be replaced by the big eyed bunny. "You are just as good, my dear," smiling sincerely as he returns the congratulations on her skills. Too tired to bounce over to her in his flamboyant way, he lets her advance. Mercury eyes watching her with soft tones in their depths. Apology sweeps charcoal listeners back and he shakes his head, vibrant red mane falling back to its natural state as he shakes away her apology with a smile. "Don't apologize, love. I didn't harm you did I?" Feeling her soft, warm breath over his cheek and tilting his head to brush over her own. He would take a thousand of her bites to make sure he didn't harm her too badly in a simple spar. 

The blood is darker than his coat but blends in and he finds this amusing in a strange way. Leaning trustingly into her touch as her grooming relaxed him. Resting his head against the arch of her neck, sighing softly. It is hard, to be here so close to her. To smell her sweet scent, hear the gentle lilt of her voice. He knows he cannot leave her. She simply means too much. She always will. Even if he did not act so flamboyant and girly in her presence, she accepted him. Wasn't afraid to tease and bite back. She brought out that lion, one he often left to drift in the back of his personality. He could be any side of himself with Faelene, and he was fiercely loyal to her. That was why he was here now. In the Basin. 

Because he loved her. 

More than the prisoner loved the first taste of freedom. More than a brother loved his sister. Tolio perhaps was too loyal to her. Yet he never regretted it. This is why he stayed. For the gentle irises and little smiles he could wring from her. Sighing and curling his head in a type of but as she tended to his wound. "I love you, Faelene. I would lay my life at your feet if you needed it without a second thought. I consider you my sister, if you would accept that. You know that don't you?" Softly spoken but all play and giggles had disappeared. A certain melancholy tone had taken over. Almost pleading. He felt like he was saying goodbye but it wasn't so. Brushing his muzzle over her shoulder, enjoying the closeness. Seemed the bunny had retreated once again, the cold seeping in. He knew he had to decide. 

[[That was rather terrible.]]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

[OOC: I'm going to make it ambiguous as to whether Phae and Faelene recognize each other from the Basin thread..you can decide :)]

Faelene.

Phae would recognize her anywhere, and knew her by many titles; Tolio's friend, Leander's love...Both caused conflicting and aching pains to well deep inside her. She had heard Tolio speak so highly and so respectfully of this mare. Had heard of her strength and resilience. It was an arena that Phae, the flighty, couldn't possibly hope to compete in. She remembered having expressed to Tolio that she wanted to share the skies with him...was there some bond between Unicorns, that in a similar way, she could not experience? But she loved him. More than her loved her and...there might be something else as well. But as Phae had never been IN love before, she couldn't really tell. This frustration gave way to a feeling of being defeated, as her green gaze spied Faelene. Faelene, who was her better in so many ways, and who caused her physical and emotional pains without even knowing her name.

As Phae hid in a rocky crevice, she considered her wings carefully. Once tawny and spotted like the rest of her, they were now pristine and white. She assumed it had to do with pegasi, for she had seen others who had suddenly grown similar plumage. But there was also an odd golden halo which shimmered just above her ears. It was not her odd feathering which caught her attention, but the blood stains which marred the perfect whiteness. There were a multitude of incisions on her wings, caused by the great Sultan Leander. A snarl formed silently on her lips as she thought of that moment. And now here she was, watching the mare who Tolio loved more than she, and the love of the one who broke her.

But she was learning. She was learning to move silently, even on this barren landscape, she had gone unseen. She was learning something else as well; to mask her emotions. Although flying would surely set the healing of her wings back by days, she was confident enough that should trouble arise, she could very easily distance herself from the two unicorns, who were necessarily ground bound. Stepping out, she held her wings delicately to her sides to try and protect her lithe frame from the cold; but not so hard as to disturb her healing flesh. Her sandy mane was wavy caused by the humidity that BirdSong had brought, and too much time spent near the ocean. As she trudged towards the two, her head was lowered somewhat, and as she finally neared, her eyes never raised to meet either of their gazes.

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Hidden Account
Sica
F a e l e n e

OOC:I'll say she does recognize her, but be vague about the meeting since it's not done yet. Brit, I love all Tolio posts :3

Faelene is in want of more practice, but for another day. She really wanted to encourage Tolio to try a new partner. If she had seen Cineviam lately she would have asked him. He knew a great deal more than herself. A grin lights the corner of her lips, she was fond of the strangest things. That was a reason she remained with her kind, she couldn't help like them despite some of their "issues". They were not just racists Unicorns. Hadn't anyone wondered how they had gotten that way? With Tolio around it was easy not to let dark things hold her, and her ever wandering mind.

His laugh was playful, and he transforms to the kind fellow she knew much better, the one who's warmth and light she needed."Thank you, I try. I just wish I had more practice. I guess tomorrow is another day." It was easy to return a smile for him, though her mind was on asking a certain golden stallion for some practice. An idea she shouldn't put much want into. "I'll live," was her short response. The mark on her hip was sore, and would continue to be, but nothing she couldn't handle. She welcomes his touch, and continues cleaning him up. The sense of him pressed to her was not unwelcome, but she had to fight the urge to pull away. A reaction of fear, nothing more. It was the reason for fear, the strength of his attachment. Though he could part from the Unicorns with less risk, but stayed because of her. The red maned had mixed feelings to hear such things aloud. It struck her heart with pain, and love. Touched she could hardly form a reply, but with a swallow, and careful thought managed to answer. "I always wanted a brother, and I hope you know I love you as one, willing to do the same for you." Holding tight to her emotions least they start a flood, she leaned her head to his neck to ease his own mind.

The wind was still blowing, tugging her red locks, and holding some scent that touched a memory in her mind. The face is not recalled easily, and she breaks from Tolio, her eyes search the snow, falling upon the caramel colored mare with white wings, a strange glow above her head, and long wavy locks of pearl. Member of the Grey, but Faelene would not understand what drew here to them. Especially the way she avoided to look upon them. A silent exchange with Tolio, her voice would ring out across the pull of the wind. "Lost or lonely?"

Deceased
Brit

[[Aww thank you Sica dear :3]]

Something about the blood accented woman brings out the strength and mischief in Tolio. Where he, unknowingly, brightens her world she makes him feel grounded and complete. Bringing a smile to her face makes his only glow brighter, as it a beacon is exuding from him, wishing to draw her closer. "Don't worry that pretty little head, I haven't practiced in quite a while myself!" Stretching dramatically, groaning even more so to emulate an old man. Laughing as he relaxed again, muscles surprisingly thankful for the loosening received from an antic to make Faelene laugh. However at her terse response to worried inquiry his smile faded and eyes softened further with worry. Stepping closer as she did to inspect her side where he had struck her. Pressing his muzzle to it in an apologetic kiss. "I am more than sure you will live, but it does not make me feel any better to have hurt you." Eyeing her seriously, hoping she would understand that next time he wished to know the truth of the pain he had inflicted and how it effected her. As they step together he is saddened to recognize the subtle tense of her body. Though he does not know why she is- fearful? Uncomfortable? Reluctant?- it still makes his heart throb in sorrow. Even so, she doesn't pull away, and he lingers beside her as long as he can. Her words are controlled, but something intense wavers in her voice. Tolio laughs weakly as his own emotions surge up, love and relief nearly sweeping him off his feet. "Course I know, everybody loves me baby!" Hoping to lighten the atmosphere. Her crown touched his neck gently and Tolio's chest ached. Loyalty meant everything to him. But Gods, he would simply wither away if Faelene was taken from him. 

How long they stood like that, Tolio was unsure. Time seemed to have no place in this meeting. However the scent that touched his nostrils was definitely one he knew. Phaedra. His other baby sister. They break apart, and Tolio inwardly sighs. There was so much he wished to talk to her about. Ask of her. It seemed it would have to wait, because as the dark golden fae appeared, sorrowful and hesitant, something fiercely protective rose up inside Tolio. Who had hurt his precious sister? Feeling Faelene's gaze he shoots back to her a clueless look. After she speaks he is by her side in an instant. A horrified, infinitely angered sound bursting from him. Rage boiled up inside him and he seemed to draw himself to his full height as molten mercury eyes spotted the blood on her wings. Raising her head with his own, muzzle beneath hers and lifting it higher. "Who has hurt you, Phaedra?" To enraged to even notice how different he sounds. Voice a low, threatening growl. Every trace of happiness has been replaced by a stormy, vengeful look. His words are a dark, deep rumble that is too quiet for Faelene to hear. This is between him and Phaedra for now. He presses against her body, offering support even as he is careful to avoid the wounds. Urging her forward towards Faelene. One red ear is turned to catch her words should she whisper a reply, but he calms his anger the best he can. Not in front of Faelene. And he doesn't want to upset Phaedra even further if the memory is painful, and knows it is hard on your pride to crumble before those hardly known. "Fae, meet Phae. Though it...appears you know each other?" Taking a wild guess at Faelene's reaction. Trying to wipe the agonized sadness from Phaedra's face, he pulled ever so gently at her mane like a teasing brother. "What in the world are you doing here, you sneaky little minx?" Voice affectionate as he takes a few steps away, thinking she wanted space. Standing now in a three point, triangle formed where all three stood. Even if they are not in the Basin's lands, he is fearful for her, remaining in the Steppe with wings and hornless. He can only provide so much protection for her. 

Protection, Tolio? Then where we're you when she was injured? Huh?

Rage, he discovers, is quite hard to keep locked down. More than he wants to draw his next breath he wants to be given a name. Just. One. Name. And he wants to hunt down the disgusting low life scum that hurt her, the bastard that thought injuring Phaedra would result in nothing. If the one who made her this way was conscious of his or her decision, they will perish. But even Tolio knows of the magic in Helovia. There are always exceptions. He prays there isn't one in this case, so that he can kill the one who attacked her. 

Easy, Tolio his mind whispers. Taking a deep breath the tiny flicker that had betrayed him for a mere millisecond is gone. 

Not now. 

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Lost or lonely? Faelene had gently inquired. Phae had to quite literally bite her tongue, drawing blood, to keep from shrieking: Both! Thanks to you! Damn you! But her head hung lower, and the enraged pain which etched through her green gaze would thankfully go unnoticed. Who had hurt you Tolio asked. At this however, she did raise her gaze. First, it was cast upon Faelene, immediately taking in her image and branding it upon her mind to consider later. Then, she turned to Tolio, her eyes beginning to brim with large crocodile tears. Who had hurt her? Why you did. With everything you just said to this...this...! Finishing the thought her mind was desperately trying to unravel she said one word. One solemn word, which had the potential to change the dynamic between this odd trio, "Leander." she spoke softly, but with great force.

Phae again raised her muzzle to look into Tolio's gaze, which has hardened with anger considerably. She felt that odd yearning sensation deep within her belly as she held his stare. What in the world are you doing here, you sneaky little minx He asked. Lip quivering, she shook her head slightly; wavy sandy mane falling in front of her eyes which were now thoroughly welled-up with tears. She spread her wings wide, ignoring the sharp pain which shot through them completely, so that both could see the extent of the damage Leander had done. He had caused an ice-storm to rain down upon her, and her only means of protection was to shield herself with her wings. As the now-white feathers spread apart as they fully extended, the exposed skin appeared to be raw and bloody where it had not fully healed. Many feathers had been torn off as well, and left gaping holes in the pristine white ledge. Phaedra looked deeply into Tolio's eyes, searching. Did he truly feel anything for her? Or was it all just words? Foolishly, and anticipating the reaction it would cause, she stepped towards Tolio and rested her head against his chest, listening to his heart beat. Softly, so that only he could hear, she whispered, "Brother, you said you would protect me..."

Phae had to pull herself away from Tolio's warmth, although she wished to stay pressed beside him, for as long as she could. The heated feeling in her belly had grown into her legs and chest, and began to cause a deep blush on her cheeks as well. She could feel her heart pounding - racing - as she looked into his eyes. Holding his gaze, she raised her wings even higher as if saying see what you've let happen to me..? Her tears stained his cinnamon coat a deep mahogany, where she had pressed up against him.

When her mind regained composure, and could once again consider Faelene, Phaedra stepped back a full step, distancing herself noticeably from Tolio. She looked at Faelene, as if seeing her for the first time, and shot an accusatory look to Tolio. Phaedra did not know the feeling that she felt, when looking at Faelene was jealousy but she surely knew how it felt. This is HER doing her mind hissed. Leander was her love, was he not? Did he not yell at Phae, for even mentioning Faelene? Even though Phaedra said she had the mare's best interest at heart? Phae had already considered that Faelene may be behind this this, may have encouraged Leander, but she had never before considered that Tolio might have been involved as well. Yet were they not here celebrating? Did Phae not apparently interrupt some private moment, perhaps more intimate that the ones that she and Tolio had shared? As Phae looked back and forth between Tolio and Faelene, her breathing became ragged.

Rage, regret, and shock seemed to swell and completely drown the yearning feeling that she had been feeling towards Tolio. The line between love and hate was a very fine one, and the line, for Phaedra, was blurring rapidly. They did this her mind cooed. They don't want you!

Phaedra retreated another step, then another. It was all too much. How could she not see it before? The first time she met Tolio, he mentioned Faelene....Faelene, who Phaedra always believed would somehow be second to her. But here they were - Tolio and Faelene together, and Phaedra brutally attacked by Faelene's other love interest. How selfish could the mare be? She had already turned both stallions against her. Was The Grey her ultimate game plan? Is that why Tolio had said he couldn't leave without Faelene?!

I did my best, it wasn't much
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

Hidden Account
Sica
F a e l e n e

[ooc:I hope this isn't confusing. :P I tried to take everything into account. I thought Faelene would hear Leander being said, but take it more for Tolio.

Faelene held back what words she was tempted to speak, things she couldn't force herself to share with him. She never again wanted to be vulnerable, forced to the ground, and someone striking above her. Tolio was alright to remain in the dark. He was really good about making her feel better, if she had not just sparred him she would have thought he lacked a mean bone in his body. Stifling a snort, she let out a light hearted chuckle at his acting. Playfully she bumped his shoulder, "That must be part of your defense, who could resist your sweet charm?" She would tease, though her words were not untrue. Tolio was zoning in on her haunch, and she tried to side step him. He offered a soothing touch, more earnest. "Tolio, a small amount of pain is worth the practice for both of us...believe me. I promise if it were to give me grief I couldn't hide it well." There was only so much she could keep under wraps, he should know seeing her with her burned hide, and the rip in her shoulder. Taking comfort in his existence, finding such a sweetheart with a bold heart, she can't help broadly smile at his response. What a pair they were.

He seemed to realize they had company, the surprise would be how familiar he was with the Pegasus, ushering toward her. The change within him was instant as has noticed what Faelene hadn't until the fair colored maiden came closer, physical wounds and they make him turn into sober. Was that what had drawn they winged here? .

Faelene's eyes linger quickly over the snippets in her wings that were harmed or merely gone. Something was dreadfully wrong with this mare, and it was not her injuries. It was her demeanor so sullen. It made Faelene take a long look at her now. She was the one that belonged to the Grey, and the dark mare did not miss the look she was shot. Faelene remained nonchalant since Tolio was on the line of emotions, and this Phaedra was no warm glow either. Yes, she had to keep her cool in the never ending chaos.

Though the words that made Tolio's question never reached Faelene's ears, it was not hard to guess what he was inquiring, and trying to hide. Neither of them could hide their own close bond, and Phaedra could not hide the pain nor want she had for the red stallion. When had this happened? The red maned was taking it all in, not missing the slip of the golden charger's name. It should strike a chord with in her, but she only found her eyes looking to Tolio, closely watching. If this was some kind trap, meant to pull her in, it would not work. The red maned had much more resolve than that, much more thought.

"We've met," she confirms, but doesn't elaborate. Tolio is trying to attempt Phae out of the rain cloud, but only seems to make it worse. She would reveal the extent of the damage done to her wings, something Faelene supposed was to be the added touch to make her break. Silver eyes glimpsed them, their delicate lines of pure white, and the appendages that were pink. The sooty palomino only had eyes for Tolio, drawing to him for comfort. Faelene should have had a want to let the two of them be, but found the mare troublesome. What else did she feel his head with? She wanted something. Things were not odd enough, her sudden withdrawal, the sharp look to the red stallion only made Faelene firmly planted herself where she stood. How young was this creature to be so full of assumptions, and more bi-polar than mother nature herself? "Are you really so unwise?" Softly spoken the question left her lips, but she said no more feeling Tolio would have enough.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Deceased
Brit

Faelene let out a light hearted chuckle at his playfulness, earning a bump to his shoulder. Nibbling her forelock gently in return. Winking at her, summoning all his dramatic charm to keep that beautiful smile on her face. "Exactly, hun. Nobody can!" He didn't mind poking fun at himself, he was comfortable with it. Even as she shied away from his searching, he was reassured by the fact she trusted him to notice if she was really hurt. Remembering the wounds she'd had when they'd first met made the same broiling anger he was about to experience roil in his belly. Even then, before they had come to this point in their friendship, Tolio had been concerned and protective of her. She'd carried it well, never once letting herself seem weak. He had deeply respected her ever since.

Musings were brought to an end as Phaedra appeared.

At his angered question Phaedra's eyes rose to Faelene, then turned to him. Leander, she spoke. Tolio faltered, unable to understand. He didn't know Leander's ties to Faelene, and wondered why Phaedra firstly had cast such a poisonous look at his dear friend. Secondly, why would Leander attack her? He knew of the man, it was hard not to in the Basin where the Throat was the lowest of scum. From what he'd heard he was not a bad person, and he was a pegasus too was he not? Why would he ever hurt Phaedra? Especially if she was in the Grey? These logical thoughts fought tooth and nail against the rage and desire for revenge he felt. Silvery eyes never able to hide his emotions, conflicted in anger and confusion. But even as he tried to joke with her she only bowed her head, tears filling the eyes he was so accustomed to seeing twinkling with laughter and play. Instead she spread her wings as if to accentuate her wounds, and Tolio winced, pain coming over his face as well as guilt. Simply unable to help it. She stepped closer, her cheek against his breast, and silver eyes turned glassy and a little panicked. What could he do? He couldn't make a joke and have her laugh to make the pain go away. Shoulders sagging under the weight of the words she spoke, agonized by the fact he hadn't been there to protect her. "P-Phae...I didn't know...I-I would have, I swear!" Muzzle trailing after her, begging her not to leave even as she withdrew.

Her tears hurt him, made him want to spear his chest with his own horn and take his heart out to lay at her feet. If he didn't love her so dearly he would see how she was manipulating him, but he was too distraught. Taking on all the guilt that didn't belong on his shoulders. Her eyes go to Faelene, and then shoot back to him with the same withering accusation from before. Tolio is so hurt by it he takes a step away, glassy confused eyes turning for childish guidance towards Faelene. Had he done something wrong?

Phaedra is retreating now, and Tolio steps after her. "Phae please, I know I should have been there...it's not Faelene's fault, don't push this on her. I-I'm so sorry..." A few tears slipping from his eyes even as he subconsciously protected Faelene from Phaedra's silent accusations. No longer feeling strong and angry, instead small and hurt.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Everything was blurring together. This wasn't how things were meant to go....Tolio was supposed to...choose her. But he didn't.

Are you so unwise? Bitch.
It's not Faelene's fault, don't push this on her Of course it was!

Tolio's words felt colder than the ice which Leander had rained down on her, and hurt more than her battered wings ever had. If Phaedra had been able to properly recognize the aching feeling deep in her belly when Tolio was near, and the electricity which ran through her when they touched, as love, then she would have been able to identify this new feeling as heartbreak. She felt cold all over, and deep in the back of her mind she wondered if this was how Leander had felt. A lump of emotion was beginning to well in the back of her throat, while at the same time her knees began to feel weak; like they couldn't be bothered to keep her standing anymore.

There was so much whirling around in her mind, that she couldn't put any of it into words. She thought of her encounter with Leander, and how the only reason she had been compelled to help the Throat in the first place was for Faelene, because she was a friend of Tolio. And now, both of the men in Faelene's life had hurt Phae, and chosen red-maned bitch over her. Tolio was wrong, this was her fault! Her rage cut through the icy feeling that she was experiencing, and loosened her tongue. "It is her fault!" Phaedra screamed, her voice sounding hurt and reckless. "Leander and Faelene are together!" Tears had welled in her eyes once again, and as she yelled her voice trembled with emotion. Her cheeks had coloured a beautiful crimson, and her appearance seemed to have subtly shifted from the flirtatious vixen to this wild thing: Her wavy mane hung loosely around her shoulders, glistening from the glitter which adorned the mysterious halo above her ears. The large green amulet which hung from around her neck added to the almost gypsy-like appearance that her rage had caused. If she could have seen the way she looked, she would have been amazed at the primal beauty she suddenly possessed. But there was no time for that now.

She could almost feel Faelene's cool response in her ears: We aren't together she was say calmly, or What he does isn't my fault. The thought of the mare replying to her accusations so calmy and without care only infuriated Phaedra more. And Tolio? a little voice whispered in the back of her mind. Phae didn't like female's because of how manipulative and awful they were....perhaps her mistake was forging a friendship with a gay stallion. Did it amount to the same thing? She was slowly starting to think it did...As her fierce green gaze surveyed Tolio, she realized that he probably didn't have it in him to choose between the two anyways. It was just how he was....But Phae's conscious mind couldn't accept this rationalization. She wanted him to choose, and to choose her. She craved the feeling of being needed from him, but instead she was rejected twice; not only did he not share the same confusing feelings that she had for him, but he had chosen the Unicorn to be his non-blooded sister, over her.

The momentum which carried Phae to this point in time, suddenly seemed to stop. For a moment, she recognized how truly crazy she was being, but was unable to stop the progression. She was hurt, furious at how unfair life was, and filled with an insane jealously directed towards Faelene. She had two stallions who loved her, couldn't she just have Tolio..?

[OOC: Hehe. the quote at the bottom of her table fits much better now :P Sorry that took so long! I had no idea what she was going to do!]

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.

Hidden Account
Sica
F a e l e n e

Tolio did not react at her accusation, giving Faelene one wave of relief. Leander didn't have a reputation for attacking females, surely Tolio knew that. Did he sense what she was after, what really bothered her? Faelene's poor brother in arms was conflicted, and hurt. The red maned missed what Phaedra had accused him of, but his returning words were like sharp pricks to her inside. Two and two together was this Phaedra honesty blaming Tolio? His poor soft heart, and this tawdry winged must know it. His friend....no, Faelene did not see her as one any more. She was worse than the black hearts the Unicorns lived with. They always appeared what they were, not this. Making a poor, pup confused, and whining for the hand that beat them. It made her sick, and she was tempted to bar Tolio's way, because he was the one in need of protection. Faelene held back, with a stupid flicker of hope the lady may see Tolio did not want anyone hurt. When she ignored him a scarce emotion growled in the belly of her soul.

It wouldn't be the first time in her life Faelene wanted to shred someone to bits, but it was the first time she pictured strewn feathers, blood spots along white surface, and a dismantled halo. Breaking from the image, the heat of her chest rising, she placed herself beside Tolio and pressed her cheek to his. "Tolio I promised to protect you, and I'm keeping that promise." Holding tight to his eyes she wished to dry his tears, but would take a defensive stance in front of him. Hooves crushing through the snow, only moments where Tolio and her had made there violent dance, and she flattened her ears in a tight manner.

"I don't know what you wish to gain Phaedra, but I've played this game and I'm not a pawn, and neither is Tolio. He is my brother, and I will have no one playing on him like an instrument to be used and discarded. He deserves much more than you, and that thoughtless, manipulative, awful mouth. I thought I saw affection, but I think I see a green eyed monster wrapped in a sweet shell. " There was a dark chord, menacing and sharp. "You can scream this is my fault all you want, how can it be if I don't even know you?" A snort erupted from her nostrils with a dim shake of her head. How pathetic. Faelene almost felt sorry for the winged, almost. The mare before her was more like a wild cat, hissing, and yowling about the world's injustice that another mare had something she didn't. No, Phaedra would have to break further, her voice a wretched sound of her desperation with accusation. Something Faelene did not understand where she had even gotten such a wild assumption. A laugh shot from her mouth, her eyes lightened with the action by pure amazement."Leander the Sultan of the Dragon's Throat, and I? You really are desperate for Tolio aren't you. I just don't understand why, or your poor fact of trying to bait me." The humor left her mask, and she adorned a hard, scolding look. "If you're going to be a liar, spreading gossip you might want to try something a bit more believable. Enemies can't be lovers. I think its time for you to leave, I've had enough of your cruel mouth." The warning was clear, she wasn't going to let Tolio suffer any more, and she would not hesitate to knock sense into her. By the looks of it, that might take awhile. Faelene would not need much, just enough.

No wonder the Pegasus was in terrible condition. What had she tried to blackmail Leander with? What had she wanted from him? All the wrong ways this spy had taken. Phaedra could have done this much easier, and had Faelene on her side...not any more..not with this bullshit.

Deceased
Brit

Tolio felt like a lost puppy, trailing after the dark golden image of Phaedra. He was simply unable to comprehend any of this. Leander was famous, and a gentleman at that though it was said so with scorn in the Basin. As much as Tolio wanted to get revenge for his dearest Phaedra, he was unable to see why she was acting this way. He had never seen her so bitter, so suddenly and abnormally hateful. Where was the beautiful giggling girl he'd met on the beach? The one who'd listened so kindly to his concerns? Joked with him about finding his perfect match? Tolio was blind to the love of others, thought that Phaedra knew he was Bi at most and definitely interested in males, so why would he ever suspect she loved him? 

Anger swelled up inside her like a monster wishing to break free, and she spat out terrible words in her rage. It was a shock to know Leander and Faelene were together and he glanced at her curiously. He certainly didn't mind, merely wishing she would be careful if it was true. He would always support her in what she did, and the message shone clearly through his eyes. Through Phaedra's however was a different story. She was a completely different creature now, wild eyed and furious in a way Tolio had never seen nor suspected of her. It scalded him down to his very soul to watch the emotions change on her face. Accusing him, hating him for doing something he didn't know. Was she jealous of his relationship with Faelene? Her tears only encouraged his own to appear. It was agonizing. Tolio wished to run to her, to comfort her. But what could he say or do? He didn't even understand what he had done so terribly wrong, to make her cry such tears. Legs locked and refused to move as thin body shook with silent sobs. 

Knees weakened and he slumped. "P-Phaedra...wh-what did I do? I-I'll fix it, I pr-promise!" Right when he felt as though he could stand no longer, would literally crawl on his knees for forgiveness, support came to his side in the form of Faelene. Her face pressed gently to his, and now his tears streamed the both of their cheeks. Leaning on her as long as she remained. "Fae-Faelene..." Whimpering her name brokenly as she spoke, feeling as though she was the dam keeping his flood of panic and distress at bay. She moved ahead of him, a protective force of black that he wouldn't dare mess with. Pressing his face weakly against her flank, dotting it darker with the tears that fell from his eyes. 

Faelene's words were cutting, sharper and more collected than Phaedra's wild lashes. Tolio mumbled weakly in protest against Faelene's side, but could not muster the composure to actually say something. Phaedra had hurt him too deeply, and he needed Faelene now to protect him from further harm. He could no longer do it himself. 

Desperate for him? What? Tolio let his face rise a little in confusion, wondering what that could possibly mean. A sound of curious bewilderment escaped him, a pitiful strangled noise but one nonetheless. When Faelene ordered her to leave, Tolio could not summon anything in protest. It was as if every drop of spirit had been poured out of him, and he was nothing but a fragile shell. Big heart bleeding with the wounds Phaedra had left.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Moments ago, the scene before her had rushed and crashed together in her mind, likes waves haphazardly beating up the shore. Now however, for a few glorious calming seconds, things serenely seemed to pause, allowing for a moment of clarity.

She watched Tolio stumble forward in agonizing emotional pain, surely as wounded as She. Her large green eyes regarded this with sadness, rather than ager, as she finally was able to accept that neither of them was able to change; she had read it all wrong. She was foolish to have thought Tolio would have known about Faelene and Leander...of course it was a secret. Although she had spoken so openly with the Sultan about his relationship with the dark mare, that she had thought Faelene would have been as open with Tolio. She had meant to incite a protective desire within Tolio, and instead she had only wounded him, something she never meant to do - at least, not in this way. She wanted guilt, not tears flowing from the cinnamon stallion. As if in a trance, she watched Faelene move to his side, physically lending support to him, in a way which also soothed him emotionally.

None of them could change.

Phaedra needed a protector, someone to stand up for her and take her side, but Tolio could never be that rock she needed. This realization was solidified as Tolio appreciatively accepted Faelene's physical brace, softly mumbling into her dark pelt. With a cold clarity, Phae realized that it was her emotional attachment to Tolio which had ultimately initiated this situation. Her inner-mind forgave her transgressions, for how could she have known? She had never experienced love before; had never known the ugly side to the emotion which had brought her such joy and inner turmoil. She did however, know exactly what mares were like. She should have known that Faelene would manipulate a moment that should have been just between Phae and Tolio...She listened as Faelene denied her relationship with Leander, but it didn't just stop there - the mare had also decided to insult Phae as well. How could Tolio be so blind to Faelene's malicious attacks of her? Phaedra hadn't said a single word to her, and yet here she stood hurling verbal attacks; and there Tolio stood silently letting it happen. He had defended Faelene simply against one of Phae's looks but would do nothing to protect his other sister now?

But she knew exactly why.

Tolio needed Faelene in exactly the same way that Phae needed him. Faelene provided stability and strength. She was taking his side even though it was not her fight to take, even though really, Phae was not in the wrong here, at least she didn't think so. Tolio had said he would love her and be a brother for her - and wasn't this precisely what big brother's were for? For comforting their own when they were hurt? It wasn't a lie that Leander was the one who did this, and it wasn't a lie that Faelene and Leander were together. Perhaps her budding love for Tolio was to blame for her irrational tears but Phae had not lashed out at Faelene, as the dark mare had done to her - she merely came to her friend, her supposed brother in a time of need, and was now being cast away.

Faelene only appeared to be 'winning' this battle, because Phae could simply not find the words to defend herself. But Faelene was wrong, oh so wrong. The mare knew exactly what she was doing; each word hit Phae as if a hand beating on a drum - but the mare had underestimated just who she was stealing from. Faelene was a cold actress - Phaedra had seen absolutely zero emotion enchant the dark mares features when Phae had mentioned that Leander had been the one to injure her...

But the slow passage of time was dissapearing, and reality was fading in. The reality was, there was nothing she could do. She could not best Faelene, and Tolio had obviously made his decision. I'll fix it, I promise!" Tolio had said; but no, he wouldn't. He could but a final icy grip of pain overwhelmed her heart as she comprehended the truth of the situation. It was done. She wished more than anything she could erase her feelings for him, and go back to being the bubbly baby-sister that he had been so enchanted with, but she couldn't do that either. The only thing left was to remove herself from his life completely. It seemed that was her only option, the one Faelene was demanding.

She turned her green gaze to Tolio now, taking in his deep beautiful features for what she believed to be the last time. Memories flashed before her eyes: Their meeting on the beach, offering Tolio and Faelene a home in The Grey, meeting with Leander for the sole purpose of protecting Faelene and Tolio; the walks they would never have together, the talks..the secrets. Phaedra had even foolishly considered asking the God's for a way to make him fly, so she could share the skies with him. All of her anger had simply faded away, leaving nothing but complete sadness and regret. Phaedra extended her wings, ignoring the pain which etched through her wounded appendages, for it was nothing compared to the agony in her heart. Bright red blooms of blood appeared in between her feathers as the broken skin cracked open. She desperately wished to go to him, to lay her muzzle against his one more time. To feel his warmth on her skin, to breathe him in and cover him with her wings. But he stood barred by the black wraith. Phaedra no longer held any anger towards Faelene, at least not in these last moments - she was doing precisely what a good sister ought to do, but she was still wrong, even if Tolio's love for the dark mare had blinded him to her treachery. Her eyes shimmered as she commanded herself to hold back the sobs that so desperately wished to escape her lips.

I love you. her eyes seemed to say, and; I'm sorry..

Nothing she could say would be enough, it never could be, but she hoped he understood, for she would never have the opportunity to explain. With a final long-gaze, she etched his image into her memory, erasing Faelene from the mental picture as best as she could, but the mare would always remain a black smear marring her image of her cinnamon friend.

Rearing back, Phaedra forced herself into the air, her wings pumping painfully to create lift from a complete stand still. Phaedra was fast, and was perhaps flying faster than she ever had before, having never been fueled by an emotion quite this powerful. As her sooty lithe form dissapeared into the clouds, a single feather floated back to the beach in her wake. It was nearly the colour of the sand, but had one spot on it, connecting it to Phaedra who shared the same odd-spotting.

It was done.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.

Hidden Account
Sica
F a e l e n e

The weight of his cheek against her side helped her keep her focus, and purpose. His voice did not fall deaf to her ears, but she had to deal with one thing before comforting the fire toned stallion any further. Making sure the pegasus left would be the first step. Did he really want her to stay after such mean jabs? He did not beg any further, he was a sad mess which only made Faelene's heart burn more fiercely. She was quite ready to take what new set of words the trickster would deal out, but she would not be surpised she had nothing else to say. No back up plan? The question danced behind her closed lips, but she would not say any more. There was no need to taunt the winged female any more, not today. Faelene was done, but Phaedra should watch herself. This was not the end. She was sure this would be a new thorn in the pegasus' side, and Faelene was sure she would try something again. Faelene was neither naive or stupid. Go right ahead, was her cold thought. Hurting Tolio was all that it took to make an enemy out of her. If she thought to mess with Leander, he was a big boy who could take care of himself. If he was so fickle to fall it would merely be the end of something, that should have never been.

Firmly planted in the world of ice, she would not back down. It was not until she saw nothing but the white landscape, would her rigid posture begin to loosen. Stretching her neck around she, her eyes instantly became large and soft falling upon the blue toned of Tolio. "I am sorry, " she would mutter in a docile tone with a dash of melancholy. Faelene would not break, she eased herself to the stallion, offering to him steady support whether it be an ear, or the curve of her body to continue to lean upon. There was nothing she could do to fix this, but help him mend and recover.