the Rift

What could have been love [Valentine/Questing]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Know them better than they know themselves

The Goddess's words echoed in his mind. He longed to see again, and was not at all surprised by the task that the starry-being had given him. He pleasurably indulged the reasons as to why the three specific emotions, had been given to him. Why not grief? Anguish? Love? Because you know those all too well He reminded himself, not unkindly. However, Myrddin was a good listener and his long years fine-tuning his mind would easily allow him to fulfill this quest, so long as he could find the right individuals. Of that he was not so worried about, either. Myrddin was a determinist, believing everything he did had been pre-ordained. The fact of the matter, was that he simply did not know of his path ahead of time. His quest either would, or would not be fulfilled. All he needed to do now, was figure out which.

Myrddin stayed close to the Hot Springs. The humid air relaxed his aching joints. It made him feel limber and flexible again, although if he pushed it too far, his old body would certainly let him know. Getting old, was a chore; being old, was almost unbearable. Each day, he felt his ancient body decaying all around him. His once taught white hide now sagged, and was covered in multiple deep wounds, many of which were still healing. The pain they caused him served as a constant reminder that he had been blinded, lest he forget that fact. But no, every moment he thought about his quest, he was reminded why in fact he was questing.

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
[Image: 50c363de13e47]

Valentine

The heart broken unicorn wandered back towards the Basin. He was still in no shape for any more emotional trauma, so he did not try to find Psyche. He meant to give her time, and he would. If she wanted to find him, then that was a different story, and he would deal with it then. His mind wondered towards the hot springs that were towards the back of the Aurora Basin, and he thought that would be the best place to go. He snuck through the woods, trying to avoid looking at the large main field where most of the herd gathered. He didn’t want to see anyone, and didn’t want anyone to see or find him. He acted like an outcast now, because in his heart he was one. He felt the need to ask questions again, but he shoved them down. Now was not the time, and he didn’t want to deal with it. He moved along quickly and quietly, like a shadow in the night. His body was still aching, and he didn’t know what was wrong. His stomach was in knots, and it made him feel like he was going to be sick. His chest still throbbed with pain, and the only thing that made it better was him lying down. He didn’t know it yet, but he didn’t want food, and he hadn’t eaten for a day so far. His mind was too caught up, tangled with his emotions, to realize this. He reached the springs, feeling the warmth already affecting his tired and emotional body. However, he wasn’t alone. There was another unicorn there, one that he hadn’t met yet. He was older than himself, and he was almost the same color too. He wasn’t in the talking mood, since he had just met someone. He lay down slowly in the water, trying to make the least pain occur so that he would feel better. This didn’t happen. His skin burned from the water, and for a while the chest pains grew in strength, then finally died down. He lay in the water with his back to the other unicorn and his head leaning against the side of the pool of hot water.

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Myrddin heard the rustle of footfalls striking the hard basin terrain. He had began playing a game with himself, one that he couldn't possibly validate, but a game none the less. His old mind adored puzzles, and this was one which could prove very useful, one day. Myr's large moose-like ears flicked with each step Valentine took, counting them. By the distance between strides, this was someone likely as tall as Myr, and a male...he hadn't seen many amazonian mares around, and males were typically the ones who grew to such heights. A unicorn, surely, as anything else would already have been cast out before reaching this secluded pool. He had no regard for colour or anything else, but that was of little consequence. Myr also heard the fellow slip himself into the pool, halting opposite Myr.

Myr turned his tall frame in the water, looking to where he assumed Val to be, his blank blind gaze reflecting the waters, making them look as if they were glowing blue. He tossed his muzzle towards Val, his beard tossing droplets of water into the air. "Who is there?" He demanded with the sort of impatience that only comes with long-life. "Well youngling, lets have your name then. Don't be rude".

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

Laughter broke from the light grey stallion. It was still bittersweet, but better than earlier.
“I’m afraid I’m not as young as you think I am. Being eleven his hard, though I’m sure you’re older than me.” He looked at the older unicorn, seeing his features more distraught than his, knowing that age was taking a toll on his body. He saw some wounds around his body, that he looked like he had gotten from a fight. Why he would be fighting at his age, he hadn’t a clue. He certainly wouldn’t be.
“My name is Valentine. I’m afraid I’m not in the mood for company at this point in time. Being another stallion, you can understand some of the woes that one will face.” He repeated his name blandly, not emotion for himself in there. He wasn’t proud at that moment to be him, and he wished he were someone else. He looked at the other unicorn, seeing that his eyes where not exactly on him. They were a pensive blue, but there was something wrong with them...but he couldn’t tell what. “I don’t mean to be rude, but is there something wrong with your eyes?”He looked at them pondered what was wrong, but he knew it really wasn’t any of his business. Maybe he would just leave and leave the other unicorn to himself and his own thoughts. But maybe it was rude of him to leave him all by himself. Even if he wasn’t well, the hot springs was helping his body, and his mood. It wouldn’t kill him to talk to another person, especially after his conversation with Phaedra.

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Neo: Sorry for the edits but you'd forgotten to close your table. :)
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Deceased
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Myrddin listened to the stallion speak, considering his words and refraining from commenting until he was finished. As he spoke, Myrddin couldn't help but liken him to one of his students, Chernobyl, who seemed to be in the same bad habit of wallowing in self pity as this stallion. What was happening that these creatures felt that they were so hard done by? Chernobyl was upset about something in her past, and whatever was eating away at this fellow, did not seem to be immediately fatal. Did they not understand that the world held so many greater concerns? That their small lives were infinitely irrelevant? Chernobyl, as his student, would be forced to learn that - he would see to it. And while this creature was not under his supervision, he would be corrected nonetheless.

"Next time that you are not in the mood for company, youngling" He began, emphasizing that indeed, Valentine was a youngling; compared to Myr of course, but also in his current behaviour. "You ought not seek out the company of others! And further," He grumbled, turning his body to squarely face the stallion, his blind gaze unseeingly piercing into him, "If you don't mean to be rude, then don't be. And if you do plan on saying that which is rude, don't act as if you don't know the implications of what's being said!"

His flicked his tail in the water, clearly annoyed. Stupid, depressed idiot… Myr's frustrated thoughts trailed off as sudden comprehension flooded his mind. Depressed! Just as the Moon Goddess had commanded! If it could, his gaze would have softened towards the creature, but it remained milky and white and blank. "I was blinded by a very dark magic. But do not let that weigh on your mind, the Goddess of the Moon and I have a certain understanding regarding my sight. Now then, what ails you so?"

[OOC: If Val could tell him about why he's depressed now, that would be great :D]

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

He looked at the elder unicorn, ashamed. He was being rude, and he didn’t mean to be. Even though being an introvert, he liked meeting new people, under the right conditions anyways. He looked at his elder, listened to his words. Dark Magic? Moon Goddess? Understanding? He laughed, thinking the words Moon Goddess and understanding the in same sentence couldn’t be true. Though he was interested to learn more about this unicorn, he wouldn’t be rude to him, and decided to tell him what was wrong.
“Since you look to be of the Basin, you should know Psyche.” He spat out her name. It left a hint of something disgusting in his mouth, and he drank from the hot spring to get the taste out of his mouth. “She was special to me. I was a fool, and although I grew to love her, so grew colder to me. Now she’s the dead, but she’s reanimated. I can’t stand to live in this land with her, but I feel like I can’t live without her either.” He sighed, thinking over things again. He was beginning to feel that it was a dangerous habit, but he couldn’t stop at any time. This picture movie always had the same ending, and even though he had seen it more than a dozen times, it always drew emotion from him. He tried to stop it from happening, but it was movie, not a play. It was already on film, and there was nothing he could do about the content. He could destroy the film, but that wouldn’t make him feel better. It would just destroy the evidence, and just make it haunt him even more.
“My heart is broken; I can’t seem to find any of the pieces, and it seems like they are lost to me. I also haven’t been feeling well. My chest has been hurting, and I have to lay down every now and then…” He trailed off, uncertain how to explain it. It was something he never experienced before, and it was strange to him. How can you explain something to someone when even you don’t know what’s going on?

(OCC: Dramatic stallion is dramatic)

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Follow the trail of blood…
You'll find me at the end.

Deceased
Aud

Myrddin

Since you look to be of the Basin, you should know Psyche The youngling began. And indeed Myrddin did. In fact, he rather liked the Basin Lady, and the curious way she spoke. He had long wondered what Psyche in fact looked like, as he had only made her acquaintance after he had been blinded. Soon, if all proved successful, he would find out. At least, in one regard he would see her - as no one but the God's could see her. He would soon be able to see her life-force. The idea made his stomach flutter pleasantly. He alas, the thought was cut short as Valentine continued on. Heartbreak.Of course. Such a messy thing, that.

Flicking his tail slightly, Myrddin considered whether or not this soul would truly be an asset to his quest or not. "Mmmm. Tell me sai Valentine. When you fell in love, as you believe you have, did you do so with the requirement that you be loved in return? If so, you are quite correct to feel slighted by the Basin Lady. If not, your heart should remain intact as it would love Psyche regardless of her feelings in return. I fail to see what is broken Valentine. But perhaps the world has simply moved on from when I was a youngling myself. I would be interested in having you tell me the crux of your grief. From the beginning, how did this come to be?"

Inquisitively, the old stallion tilted his head slightly to the side, glad that this conversation would happen within the relaxing Hot Springs. Although Val indeed seem to be depressed, he also seemed as though he might want to get a few things off of his chest, as well.

If it all goes crashing into the sea,
If it's just you and me, trying to find a light,
Like ships in the night.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

The older unicorns words pierced his heart. He didn’t want to remember. Why should he tell him, and cause himself unwanted grief. His love of her seemed to be a passing glance that no one, including Psyche, knew about. It was tragic, a wasted breath on his part.
“When I first met her no, I did not expect love. But something happened to me. I became overwhelmed, and I grew to feel what true love was like. Only, it was one-sided.” He looked down at the water, pain growing inside him. It was hard for him to talk about, and he almost couldn’t put his thoughts into words, which was rare of the heart stallion.
“It started on the Steppe. I was taking shelter under rock, and she came next to me. A conversation was started, and it turned to racism. At that time I was not one, but she convinced me to be so. I gladly followed her to the Plague, helping in some orders. We met several times, talking on and off about different things. Then one day, I met her in the Frozen Arch…and I told her I loved her. It was something that I didn’t know about, and it came as a shock to both of us. She said that she had feelings too, but not the words 'I love you too' ever came from her lips. In the beginning, it was enough for me. I believed that she did have feelings for me, but as time went on she grew colder, and the love faded. It was from her that it left, and I was left in the mist of my heart being shattered. I…don’t quite know how to go on. It’s hard for me to go from being alone, to having someone, then in a flash, being so alone again. This is my first heart break, so please forgive me."

(OCC: So so so sorry for the very late reply :'( )

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Deceased
Aud

Myrddin

I become overwhelmed...

What a perfect what to describe it Myrddin mused. Overwhelmed... As though love was some great force which had reached up and drowned the stallion in it, completely surpassing and dousing any ability he might have had to resist. But if that was the case...why was he upset? It certainly sounded as though the fellow was saying that he couldn't have helped falling for the lass. If that was true, then he also shouldn't feel any culpability regarding the outcome, yet he very clearly seemed to. Frowning, Myr listened to the hearted-stallion continue.

...the plague...

Ah. So that must be the name for Lady Psyche's inner group...The more pure of them, anyways.

This is my first heartbreak, so please forgive me "Not at'll m'boy. Think nothing of it." Myr replied gallantly. Myrddin was not the most emotional or sympathetic of stallions - he was far too philosophical for trivialities such as that. Still, he felt compelled to offer some amount of reassurance?

"Let me tell you what I believe, youngling. You are in this position, because a series of events unfolded in a certain way. What caused them to unfold in the way they did? Why the events which led up to them, and so on. You were born with a certain body, that is, a unicorn. Had you not, Psyche would not have even given you the time of day. From the day of your birth, you were forced into situations that were not of your choosing. Others judged you, and you judged yourself, based on features you had no hand in choosing - your height, species, colour, etc. What I am trying to say, youngling, is that this heartbreak with Pysche was inevitable from the day you were born. This was determined to happen. That is not to say that you should not accept responsibility, for you should, only that you should lessen the guilt and remorse you feel - for to wish away this pain, is to wish away every event which led up to it. "

Flicking his tail, Myr narrowed his blind gaze speculatively. Was that helpful? He wondered. Likely not. Grunting, he tossed his aged head. "Or, just stop moping about it. I am blind, and old. You are youthful and capable; I'm sure if you open your eyes you'll gain some perspective and see that this was likely for the best, anyways."

Like ships in the night.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

The heart stallion stopped. What the other stallion had said was all true, but he almost couldn’t believe it. He was right…why is he right? He felt stupid suddenly, like he was behaving like a child. Was he? He hoped not. Although he was eleven, he tended not to act like it. Maybe it was something to do with him living by himself for years, or maybe he just didn’t know how to act his age. Either way, he needed to at least attempt to work on that, said a mental note to himself. He turned towards the stallion of elder age, long beard and blind eyes soothing him. He was right, and there was no way around this. Psyche had done him wrong, but that didn’t mean he needed to do her wrong. However, the problem with that was that he did want to do her wrong. He wanted to completely mess her up, destroy her, to get revenge. But now was not the time for thinking or doing anything about that. He felt at peace, and he pushed the thoughts away, intending not to let them ruin it. The sun was setting on the land of the Aurora Basin, and he knew it was time for him to leave. He looked at the other stallion, thinking of what he would do in this land.
“I’m afraid it is my time to go. The sun is setting, and my exile is due at this time. Thank you for your advice elder one.” He paused, looking at him now. What is his name? “Oh, I seem to have another problem. Your name was not told to me, would you kindly tell me it? Although I may never see you again, knowing it will help me remember you.”

(OCC: Have we accomplished our mission? :D)

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Deceased
Aud

Myrddin

Exile? He pondered, Psyche has exiled him? Nibbling his lip, he made a mental note to discuss Basin politics next time he saw Psyche. It couldn't simply be brute probability that he had run into such unfortunate creatures in the Basin, could it? Frowning, he nodded only half listening as Valentine continued to speak.

"Seeing has nothing to do with it, for I have never seen you, now have I?" Myr quipped, smirking at his own little pun. Realizing that it wasn't entirely that funny, he grumbled as the smile fell from his pale lips. "I am Myrddin. Or Myr; Haruspex of the Basin." He rumbled. "But this shall not be the last you see of me, youngling." Myr retorted prophetically, as he turned his back on Valentine to enter the deeper waters of the Hotspring. "Long days and pleasant nights, Sai Valentine."

Know them better than they know themselves the Goddess of the Moon had instructed. Yes...He did believe he understood this creature better than even he did. Matters of the heart were so easy to understand when seen from a'far. It was far too easy to be tangled in those messy webs of infatuation, and loose sight of reality. With a grunt, Myr stepped further into the center of the HotSpring, allowing the naturally warm waters to rush over his lanky frame, enveloping his bones in a wonderful heat.

Like ships in the night.