the Rift

Knew It Was Trouble [Yseulte]

Nym Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Last time they wandered across these borders their father had joyfully accompanied them. Lovingly gestured his maw across their skin. True it was Nym missed the palomino boy but Abel could careless if his father was here now. Though it would be incorrect to assume he would not be enraged if his father was threatened, hurt, or dying. Mirage though would surely take care of him. Abel seen it. Their close friendship. That had to have been why mother could careless for Mirage. No, caring less was not the way to put it, that had to be why mother hated her and only put up with her for Torasin's sake. Abel was quick to be annoyed by his mothers childish ways but he couldn't help but feel the same way. Mirage was a block in their relationship a while ago, well long ago seeing how much the two grew, but it couldn't matter now. Brooke was gone, and long gone.

It wasn't a game this time. Her appearance would never arrive unless within a dream. One that Nym had days ago. Nym recalled their birth. Relived the childish fondling within a intensified meeting. Mirage had arrived only to further Brooke's twisted emotions. Happiness had turn to bitter soul-less caring. Though he did regard the way the DragonHeart accepted them. Something Abel didn't seem to care for or think about. Nym was far more open minded in this situation it seemed. Far to caring at heart is how Abel seen it. Abel didn't think much about it though, after who Torasin was it was to be expected that one of the boys was delivered the pointless emotional issues. The silver buckskin paint was glad it was not him but if it was then surely Nym would be glad it was him. A mix up.

Familiar smells of the the Edge crept through each studs nostrils as they floated along without a care. Mirage accepted them to walk within the heard, as Torasin was her dear friend. This, Abel and Nym was thankful for and kept from stirring any trouble. Easily taking care with their feet and not slandering anyone they found an easy victim, even though that was far from their nature, it's cute to point out. Both were silent. Abel quick minded had many words to converse with his brother about but they had already conversed much along the way. Each already knew pretty much everything the other knew.

"Maybe we'll see father today." Abel smiled politely to Nym. The chestnuts eyes ever so brightened and his step slightly, but noticeable, quickened. Head began to heighten just as Abel always carried his. Proudly. "That would be wonderful." he returns, tones perked with pleasure. Extreme happiness pouring from every edge of his large body. Medium in build, built particularly for looks and fighting. A perfect combination, or so the parents would think. Abel had been highly considering leaving the life of being an outcast but he loved to roam aimlessly. To see the world and he found it a much better and easier way to teach Nym of what life was like. To watch from the shadows and divulge secretly in conversations but still the thought of a permanent home with the Sun Advocate being their father was highly appetizing.

image credits || IMI ART

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni
[Image: ysueltetable.png]

yseulte*

As soon as she saw the two children lingering ahead of her, she very nearly turned right around on her tail.

Too late.

They've spotted her. Sighing softly, Yseulte braced herself for the onslaught of the unknown. Children were such bizarre, curious creatures. She hoped they weren't as unpleasant as the pegasus filly she had met on the shores of the Endless Blue in the company of the rugged pirate, Corsair. Yseulte had never met such a dreadful child in all her life!

Now, Dawn, on the other hand, she didn't mind Dawn. But then again, Dawn was different from other children. Such serious eyes for such a young face. Not so much a boy, any longer, but a man in a boy's body. It makes her shoulders sag with a sad sort of weariness, thinking of the boy. She wonders how life has been treating him of late, and if the Edge is any sort of consolidation for what he has lost. Probably not. It certainly doesn't fill the holes in Yseulte's heart, but then again, she hasn't given the Edge much of a chance.

It just wasn't the same. Though the forest was soft and lovely and dark, it simply wasn't the burning sands of a desert in bloom with cactus flowers and filled with the wild shrieks of coyotes in the night, and the inhabitants were a far cry from the warrior women who had trained and loved her as their own daughter and sister, when truly, she was the child of a monster.

Shifting her ears in an uncharacteristically nervous manner, Yseulte finally drags herself into the company of the two youngsters, noting their likeness with a curious gaze. They aren't as young as she initially thought, and are on the threshold of the dreadfully awkward teenage years. They look strangely familiar, but she cannot quite place their faces. And now that she's in their presence, she isn't quite sure what to do, like a child discovering a new pair of bugs—uncertain whether to prod or squish them. She decides the parents would probably not appreciate their children being squished.

"Do tell, who is your father?" She forces a smile and the tremendous effort required to keep it in place feels as though it's about to crack her face in half.

apprentice craftsman of the edge,

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.

Unregistered

Had it not been for the life of following in the footsteps of another, Abel would have already made he and Nym's home somewhere in a herd land. It was being ruled over and expected to obey someone who considers them any higher than you, that disregarded the mere thought of obtaining a life within the Edge for Abel. Nym was quite content with any means of life, whether it be starving and dying with a life of nothing or healthy and living with a life full of hateful brats who called themselves nobility. Or maybe their broad range of judging was too far. Mirage didn't seem like a brat, nor a fool who considered herself any higher than the rest, but there was some sort of arrogance that always held onto her lips. Like the tight grasp on sanity that many hold. It was that tight grasp of arrogance that probably persuaded Abel to often change his opinion of Mirage. He didn't know the DragonHeart personally but if it wasn't for Nym being perfectly fine with the mare, the silver buckskin paint would have surely made his dislike clear. Well clearer than it already was.

Motions in the distance caught Nym's attention. Oceanic eyes washing the landscape. Carefully drinking in the mare within the Edge. She wasn't Torasin, nor was she Mirage, but she was someone. Nym was just glad to see someone. Though he was worried for the mare as Abel seemed a bit temperamental and sarcastic today. Even behind the caring tones he held for Nym, the chestnut could still find the lacing hate that hid behind every smile and kind tones. Nym was smart enough to find his words and come to the conclusion, him speaking was a whole lot better than Abel coming to the stand. So he cleared his thinking path and headed directly for the mare. Out of the original path the two were headed, catching Abel's attention. Green eyes sought out the reasoning for his brothers quick break in following. When he found the mare his eyes widened and he became all the more grumpy. A mare. His mother was gone and what he had as a reminder was to be greeted by a mare when all he wanted was to converse with his father about this horrible doing, while Nym wondered off with Kiba.

Nym's soft tones began to grace the air in the return for Yseulte's interest of who their father is. Even so he was more interested as to why she would butt into a conversation she was of clearly not in to begin with. Abel slapped his tail against his hocks in annoyance but Nym was the first to speak up, "Torasin," he paused, "m'lady." acknowledging her as such because he had no true name to attach with her face. He'd never seen her before, neither had Abel. Yet it was his turn now. A fever rising upon his tongue, still he refrained from being too awfully rude "Your Sun Advocate." 'your' emphasized for a purpose. Who knew the purpose but maybe it followed along the lines of telling you he was of high importance. Putting some authority behind his tone for a reason now.

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni
[Image: ysueltetable.png]

yseulte*

Torasin's children.

She was foolish not to see it, really. Fine-featured faces with such vibrant, youthful eyes the color of spring and sky. She wondered how she could have missed their likeness to their gentle-hearted father. They are quite beautiful children (as far as monstrous little beasts go, anyhow), and she can't help but wonder who their mother is. She most be a lovely creature to have captured the heart of the Sun Advocate. She imagines Torasin to be a fine father, with his loving warmth and gentle demeanor.

With a vague smile, she recalls their spontaneous snowball fight that ended in a glorious victory on Torasin's part. The ratio was two to one, after all. Kiba, the mischievous little dragon, had practically buried her alive in the snow. It was a fond, cherished memory of play, an experience Yseulte never had as a child.

What would it have been like? What would she be like today, if she'd had a father that was not as raging and unpredictable as wildfire and as cold as the northern snows? She pondered this question many times in the years she'd been free of her father's dark shadow, even though she never discovered an answer, and perhaps never would.

"I know your father. You have his eyes." The youngster is well-mannered and polite, but she isn't surprised. Like father like son. Torasin is gentle, generous, and full of warmth like summer light, and she greatly admires him for his kindness, but such an open, loving heart leaves one incredibly vulnerable. It is a mistake Yseulte suffered once before in her life, and she doesn't plan to do so again.

The second boy, however, is different. There is an unmistakable shadow of a sneer in his voice when he speaks to her, and her gaze sharpens and grows cold. "I am aware of this," she says stiffly. Her patience drains away, bit by bit. But curiosity has always gotten the better of her, and she wonders why she's never seen the two children before. "And why is he my Sun Advocate, but not yours?"

apprentice craftsman of the edge,

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.

Unregistered

Yseulte's kindness lightened the tension growing within Abel. Her treatment towards Nym was nothing but pure happiness but there still lingered a bit of mistrust. The buckskin of the pair, oh he could understand. Mistrust was so worthy of attention. Able to grab a hold of your mind and wrap itself around roughly. Shaking you and begging for you to understand. Mistrust would lead you to solitude and sometimes violence. It could lead you to a life much like the twins but their reasoning was nothing of the such. Both of them lingered and for two reason, each a separate reason. Abel only wished for solitude and to learn from the outside, he hoped to be open and ready for anything instead of held back by duties other than protecting Nym. Nym though, was only tied to the boundaries of an outcast for his brother, he would not dare to leave him for the company of their own father and some ignorant herd members.

It was far to easy to assume each wanted nothing to do with anybody. They could go forever in the shadows and know the world from the outside in but never be acknowledged. The twins did receive their mothers genes, and Abel was tainted ever so more. Nym was quite interested in how she saw his eyes compared to his fathers. Nym's eyes were so blue and Torasin so green, perhaps she could see past the color and into the care and love built inside. She must be something special. "Thank you, ...?" his voice trailing off, searching for her to fill in the blank. Her name was not in memory and not even Abel could address her and he knew much more, being the twin with the grasp on the real world... holding Nym from any such feelings. Abel was far to attached to his brother, he needed to let him go and feel things himself. It was just so hard to do such, knowing the secrets of how it truly is. The silver paint new later on he would have to tell his brother of his mothers passing but even he at this moment, could not handle it... so it would be best to ignore it for now.

Yseulte's obvious lack of patience grew on Abel. Itching at every nerve of his short fuse. Draining him of any water to douse his burning flame as it become brighter and hotter. His face grew rather stern and intimidating for such a youngster but he never gave the notion he was going to attack, no rather he waited for a moment to speak. Inhaling and exhaling deeply before narrowing his green eyes "Because I would rather not waste my time in a herd full of things like you." things was totally off topic. Calling her such was rude and low but he could not find his own patience to grace her with his usual politeness or zero temper. Nym was quick to twist his cranium, glaring his twin with an unusual amount of authority. Pinning his ears to his neck and quickly stepping to the plate for the mare. "Just because your having an off day does not give you an excuse for such behavior, brother." his audits still pinned directly against his neck.

Bravely Nym turned his eyes from Abel. A stupid move to make if it was not Nym. Abel had an easy shot to tear him limb from limb but instead, he submitted to Nym's rather brash new tone. Halting his flare and draining his pride. Ears flipped lazily to his neck, not defensively but just annoyed. He turned his face from the gathering and danced off to his own little world. Sorrow building in those tenderless green eyes. Underneath that thick layer of skull, was a soft inside, guarded brutally unlike Nym's. Nym moved towards the new friend, or he hoped so, and spoke softly. Whispering carefully to her, far from Abel's point of hearing. "I beg of you not to judge him from this meeting, he is far from such a rude coward, I do not know what plagues his mind so but it is rather dangerous." he rewards the mare with a smile but still an intense amount of worry deep in his throat. Perhaps she could help. The chestnut stepped up, caring not for his twins thoughts of his next move, Nym knew it was time they settled in, "With your permission, m'lady, perhaps our father could become our Sun Advocate too?"

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

Some call the fog daunting, obscuring, thrilling. I called it beautiful, gracious and informative. These mists were my home, since my birth, since the Gods threatened to destruct the entirety of Helovia. I am a survivor, I have seen leaders come and go, members come and go, I have even made friends and connections along the way - but they have left, where I have stayed. The World's Edge is not for everyone, this is a fact that I discovered eons ago, and yet still I allow myself to be drawn close to others, still I feel an ache within my breast when they leave.

Sometimes it does well to guard against those who would just leave in the end.

My lithe, pale frame walks with steps of precision, delicate, purposeful, and graced by the cool, damp embrace of the mists. My tail, long and leonine, seems to orchestrate the curious substance, with every sweeping motion, it strokes the mists into shapes, shadows, tales. I am a dreamweaver, where one sees insignificant shapes and colours, I see the future, the past, the present, I see everything amidst this misty cloak that would otherwise hide all.

"Time is a precious commodity."

My words are simple, sharp and clear, my gaze just as keen as it stares into the young twins. I did not need to dip into the mists to find these cretins, the ruckus of the twins of our Sun Advocate upon the borders drew attention enough to make them simple to spot with my violet eyes. My long, spiral horn leans as I tilt my chiselled, refined tiara, first acknowledging the presence of Yseulte, one whom I had not yet been given the pleasure of meeting, yet respected, for they were of my herd, and had otherwise proven themselves to be worthy of my deference.

The others that were present, however, had danced along the borders of politeness and sheer recklessness. Though their blood-ties to our Sun Advocate gave them permission to find shelter in my home as they needed it, to think that they might one day represent this herd, this land that I love more than life itself - it is troubling, to me.

My critical glare returns to the siblings now, my pupil-less, violet gaze daring either one to speak foul of me, of my land, or of my herdmate. They would not be split up, this I could see - and understand, though I have no siblings myself. They share a bond as strong as my tie to my land; unbreakable, indestructible, resilient.

"We require strength in our ranks; such weakness as racism are not accepted."

Elegance personified, I have halted before the threesome, the curvature of my nape allowing me to view all those present with but a gentle, subtle tilt of musculature. Cloven hooves hold the wraith-like frame with a sense of comradery towards the other horned one, the hue of my eyes sparkling with unknown depths of wisdom and knowing.

"No matter who your father is."

I do not spare the other brother, Nym, in my chastisement. They stand together, they seek approval together, and so they must fail together. The herd may be small yet, but better to have fewer numbers and strong minds, than a great many weak minds.

Silence overthrows me then, and I stand to wait, to see what might change my mind about these young ruffians.