the Rift

[The Grey/Lakota] Family Reunion

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It had been a hard choice to split up. The youngest of three was so used to being near her protective big brother and sister, that she was not sure how to totally react. Her ears swiveled back and forth listening for any and all sounds, still wondering if any had chosen to follow Alleo and herself. If any had, well they wouldn't be tracking them to give them flowers of that Hana was sure. Her parents would be furious. The Prince and now both Princesses gone.. Run away, cast away, however you wanted to explain it. Either way they were gone and never coming back.

That brings us back to now, as the painted fem moves carefully through the woods eyes of ruby speckled with pink looking for any sign of anyone familiar. So far there was none. Had her older sister come this way? Or was she just on another wild chase that would end up with nothing? Either way, Hana knew she would be glad when her brother joined her again in the search. Splitting up did cover more ground at least...[align=center]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Omnipresent steely look was crafted into the face of the exiled princess, violet eyes as hard as the amethyst they were more often than not compared to. Ophelia had disappeared, and rumor was she seemed to have amnesia. Lakota didn't want to intrude on Ktulu's space, but she felt a gruff sort of need to comfort her. It wasn't going to be easy for her to accept. However Lakota refrained, knowing the young woman was more than capable of dealing with her own emotions. 

This brought the mare's mind back to the other, more exciting thought plaguing her mind. Poison. Magic had been bestowed upon her, and after the effects had worn off Lakota had been thrilled. Practicing took a certain toll, but being prepared was more important. Now, she was traversing the lands of the Threshold. Ktulu had made it clear they were to spread word of the Grey, recruit any interested. With the sudden boredom she was feeling, the midnight blue roan was more than willing to mess with the newbies. 

Cautious steps soon filled Lakota's ears and she sneered. Great, a wary one. She hated having to show she meant no harm. Why in the world would she do that? After all she had no problem harming them, and their bumbling shyness was annoying. Pinpointing the sound she slid forward with a panther like grace, knowing the shadows of these lands better than she had in her former home. A flash of white and rose grey had her stepping out of the foliage. Violet eyes flashing in the bleak sunlight as sooty maw opened. "Lost?" Vapid and in the same smooth tone she always used. Then, as if being struck full on by a Pegasus dropping from the sky, it hit her. Pink ruby eyes, familiar patterns, same sweet face...Lakota's mind went into overdrive, takin in every familiar feature faster than she could ever imagine. 

Hana.

Her baby sister was standing before her, eyes wary and much too wise despite her and Alleo's efforts. All breath left her lungs, stumbling backwards as if she had seen a ghost. Perhaps the poison was not gone, as Hana had appeared multiple times in her delusions. Some deep sense of pride kept her from collapsing and crying, knowing her precious sister was alive. Staggering one step closer, neck stretching out. Nostrils quivered as her scent, so familiar yet so old, was renewed in her mind. Without a doubt it was Hana. "H-Hana?" Unashamed that her voice was desperate and trembled. Begging to her goddess that this wasn't some trick, some evil cruel joke. Rushing forward and touching her sister's neck with her cheek. Sliding down to her shoulder, tracing her spine before dropping off at her flank, shoulder to shoulder now. Shuddering with sobs that we're unheard and unseen. Backing away to press her face into Hana's, right behind her cheek. Burying herself in her mane, wishing she could remain there forever. "Goddess please don't let this be a dream. Hana how the hell did you get out?" Disbelief and shock reverting her begging into her normal crass language. Shaking her head to free herself from that question. It didn't matter. "Is Alleo with you? Are you hurt? I swear I will rip them limb from fucking limb if they touched you," voice dropping on the last sentence, meant more for herself even if Hana could still hear her. A cruel hiss, ready to kill and infect then with her poison of they had left even a single scratch on her precious baby sister. She would kill them all. Looking around once more for their lighter painted brother. "Is he...?" Decibels dropping to a low, subtly pained murmur. She couldn't bear to think he was dead. If Hana was here she had to keep hope that he was as well. 

Tears pricked her eyes, unsurprisingly. Reaching up to pull Hana against her chest and shoulder in an old, familiar embrace. Old memories tasting just as sweet when renewed. "I've...I've missed you so much Hana..." Gruff whisper being one of the few rare times she ever alluded to having a heart at all.  Her normal reactions had all been destroyed upon finding her sister. 

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Unregistered
The young dove stopped as the sound of hooves coming toward her met her ears. They flickered back and forth, listening. That gait.. it was almost familiar. It wasn't until that familiar frame burst out into the open and the oh so familiar voice asked if she was lost. Hana merely smiled, watching her beloved older sister suddenly realize it wasn't just another lost soul she had found.. As her sister stumbled backward as if she was seeing the dead or something. The fem snorted holding back laughter and a cry of joy. Surely it was not this easy? Yes she and their brother had traveled for days, weeks even looking for Lakota. But surely it just wasn't so easy for her to wander into a new land and find here, just like that.

It wasn't until her sister said her name that she knew it was real. A moment later her sister was pressed close and Hana pressed herself tighter, closer. "Lakota.. it's really you.." She smiled at Lakota's next words and answered her at once. "Yes it's really me, and Alleo is near to still looking for you.... She hesitated before speaking softly We left in the middle of the night, just slipped away into the dark... Oh i'm so glad you're alright! They would have plenty of time later for Hana to answer the other questions she could. Although when Alleo found them he would be able to help.

Hana to found her eyes glimering with tears. she pressed her frame tight into the familiar embrace, whispering softly I've missed you to Lakota, so very very much. Soon we will all be a family again. All they could hope now was that Alleo found his way to Helovia as well.

Was her Mistress looking out for her on this afternoon? All this time, hoping that Hana wouldn't be thrown into her former position. She had never wanted her baby sister to see the horrors she had. How long had she been Princess before she and Alleo left? Lakota prayed it wasn't long. She and Alleo had worked so hard to protect her from everything and she didn't want it all to be for naught. But whatever and whomever had brought her beautiful sister to Helovia deserved all of her thanks. Reveling in how real she felt, so solid. No longer part of her dreams. Hana returned the embrace just as tightly and Lakota shuddered inside, feeling every restraint around her heart snapping in the presence of the beautiful doll. 

Hana clearly was still used to Lakota's violent cussing, hardly even batting an eye. Knowing she was safe, unharmed quelled the killing urge inside Lakota. It Hana had even a single scrape on her Lakota would have gone on a rampage. After all her entire life had been centered around keeping Hana pure and untouched. Breathing a sigh of relief into her sister's mane when assured that Alleo was safe as well and nearby at that. The fact that they had separated bothered her, but she trusted Alleo to know what he was doing. "I...of course I'm alright..." replying in the same gruff, fond manner she always held towards her beloved siblings. Unwilling to pull away so soon, and because of this remained pressed close to her sibling. "I'm part of a group called the Grey. We are a group of mercenaries and healers, able to be recruited for payment. We fight for those who cannot, and I respect my leaders for once." Snorting in half amusement. Hana probably remembered Lakota's...problem shall we say with weak authority. Nibbling Hana's mane playfully. "I won't make you decide but...you're welcome there if you wish." Ktulu simply had to understand. They'd spoken of her siblings once and Lakota believed that she would understand Lakota's need to keep her sister close and under her fierce protection. 

Hana's heartfelt whispering made Lakota's eyes feel suspiciously moist and she tucked her face close to Hana's neck. "Don't ever...ever leave me again..." And hell would come down on whoever dared to try and take her away. 

Resurgere | Wroth

Unregistered
Neither sister seemed to want to move away from the other. For Hana it was the slight fear that this was not real. Surely it was not this easy? Was this a trick from some evil god or some sort of strange magic? No. Lakota was very much real and very much right there with her. "I...of course I'm alright..." the words made the young mare relax. Her big sister was there, she was alright, and that was all that truly mattered right? It would be better when the three of them were all together again, but who knew when that would be. Her sister spoke again interrupting her thoughts. "I'm part of a group called the Grey. We are a group of mercenaries and healers, able to be recruited for payment. We fight for those who cannot, and I respect my leaders for once." The last bit caused Hana to snort with laughter and smile "About time." She playfully answered. With no hesitation she spoke again. "You should know by now, where you go, I will go. I just found you and i'm not going to lose you again."

As Lakota nibbled her mane playfully Hana finally stepped back to look at her sister before speaking again. "I'm here to stay, wherever you are is where I belong" With that she stepped back in close pressing her face against her big sister's neck, feeling her sister do the same. The emotions were running wild, as surely they would for a while. At least until Alleo joined them here in their new found home. This was truly going to be a new start for them all. No one was ever going to separate them again.... Or surely there would be hell to pay if they tried.

It felt almost as if she were caught in a dream. If that was so, Lakota never wanted to wake up. Hana was…she was there. Lakota could hardly wrap her mind around it. The girl had grown, and her heart hurt to know she had not been there to protect her, to see it happen. To tease her, love her, mess with her like a big sister should. No, instead she had killed their father, been tortured, and dragged Hana into her mess by needing her help to escape. Then she had likely been thrust into the position of Princess, which made Lakota feel sick. As strong as she may be, she was just a jittery filly on the inside. The memory of that vile place made her feel queasy, but the anger that flamed up in her veins easily vanquished that display of weakness. Briefly she wished Alleo could be there. Her relationship with Hana was far different from her relationship with Alleo, though they were equally precious. However, where Lakota was always determined to be Hana’s support, Alleo was hers. The pale brother of hers was precious, for they both had scars to show that matched each other. Some were actually twin scars, in a rather ironic sense. Both took pride in the fact that Hana did not have them, for it mean they had succeeded in their mission to keep her safe.

Her sister’s sweet laughter made her focus once more, the joke between them only making Lakota laugh along with her. Lakota had never been particularly good with leaders or control, so she was actually relieved that the young Ktulu had managed to subdue her. ”You should know by now, where you go, I will go.” Lakota sighed a breath of relief, vibrant violet irises closing slowly. Her sister was made of strong stuff, the same essence that throbbed like electricity through the veins of herself and her brother. Momentarily the patchy female stepped back and Lakota stepped forward stubbornly, refusing to allow her sister out of her sight and away from her skin. The words touched her heart and dark face softened as Hana moved back in. Lakota clasped her close and inhaled the shifts in her scent, memorizing the undertones of familiarity once more. Hana would be lucky if Lakota let her move at all for a full season, with how unwilling she already felt to let her precious baby sister out of her sight. ”Then you will return to my home with me, and we will wait for Alleo to find us,” Lakota decided, already used to taking charge. It was a bit of a habit for her by that point. Lakota moved back to press her muzzle against the bright version of her sister’s, momentarily solemn at the comparison. One pure, the other tainted. ”We won’t be separated again,” she vowed softly.

[[You can reply to this again if you want, unless you want to end it and start a thread in the Deep Forest? C:]]

Resurgere | Wroth