the Rift

[FALLS] Then the Morning Comes [Open!]

Jericho Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

J E R I C H O
a hero is born from a soul that's forgotten

"You'll never catch me alive, fiend!"

A voice called, ringing throughout the Threshold. Running through the trees and shrubs came an ebon and ivory colored Pegasus, crashing through any low hanging branches that might have gotten in his way. With wings tucked close to his lithe body, the stallion looked as if he was being chased down by some unseen adversary; and that was just what was happening. There wasn't a single soul after him, no vengeful eyes upon his fleeing form, except for maybe the poor creatures he'd disturbed with all his noise.

Suddenly the dun came to a stop, pivoting on his hocks to look back the way he had just come. A satisfied grin pulled at his lips, and with his head held high, he seemed to strike a victorious pose. "Ha! Bested yet again, my friend, just like I told you you would be. Better luck next time, no?" With a flick of his tail and a throw of his head, the stallion turned back around to continue his way through the forested part of this new land.

A newcomer to this land, he was, but there was confidence in every step he took. There was no doubt that some might them him stupid for his actions, but this was the way the Pegasus had always been. He was blessed with a carefree spirit, merely yearning to have fun with this short life he had been granted. His strange behavior had landed him by himself numerous times, even in his homeland, but Jericho did not allow the ignorance of others to be a hinderance on him.

But beyond the odd habits that this winged equine displayed, behind those curious copper eyes, laid a mind willing to learn. What he wanted to know, however, he was not entirely sure quite yet. So many things had managed to capture the Pegasi's mind, but he was still young; he had time to figure it all out, time to allow the pieces of the puzzle to fall into the right place for him. But for now, picking his way through the Threshold, he would allow fate to navigate what was to happen next.

[Image: Jericho-1.png]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow
Romani
A sigh.

That was all that left Romani’s lips as she progressed slowly through the Threshold of Helovia, azure eyes taking in the ever growing vegetation. The last time she had been in the Threshold had been back in Frostfall, when the snows still held a firm grip upon the land… Now, however, the land was blossoming with beauty, the plants sprouting from their winter slumbers and cascading the lands with a green and lively hue. The compact mare was in no hurry today, merely out for a stroll to appease her wanderer’s spirit, and to stretch her legs.

She moved slowly, as her body and joints still ached somewhat smartly from the spar she had shared with Archibald. The abrasion on her flank had barely begun to heal, scabbing over and leaving a rather unsightly mark upon her palomino coat… Never the one for vanity, however, Romani would display that wound with pride, as it meant she had succeeded in becoming a Warrior of the Foothills.

Birds chirped in their watchful places in the trees, singing the songs of spring. It seemed she wasn’t the only one taking advantage of the warmer weather. However, like all good things, it came to an end. The sound of a form barreling through the woods caught her attention, twigs and other vegetation snapping as the creature seemed to sprint through the trees. Head snapping to attention, Romani paused to listen. It was clear the birds weren’t her only companions in the woods, and she didn’t know if this new arrival would be a threat. Picking up her pace, she continued on, and shortly spotted the creature who had come wrecking through the Threshold.

For a moment she admired him, this Pegasus stallion. There was an air of innocence and kindness about him, something Romani could tell simply by the way he held himself. He was tall, dark, and sported a marvelous pair of tri-colored wings, and while she found them impressive, the palomino much preferred the horn and leonine tail of a certain grullo stallion.

His words, however, made her pause when she had just been about to speak. Who was the one he was challenging? Was he talking to himself? Tilting her head slightly with ears perked forward, Romani watched this curious creature for a few seconds longer before stepping forward through the brush. A smile crossed her lips and she lowered her head, not wanting to seem intimidating, despite the fact that he was a good few hands taller than she.

“Hello,” Romani spoke up kindly, meeting the stallion’s copper eyes with her own blue orbs, “Welcome to Helovia. What brings you to these parts, stranger?”

table by tempest @ sordid secrets

Unregistered

J E R I C H O

Suddenly, another voice sounded. Was it another enemy? One that could actually pursue and aim to hurt? It made the stallion jerk with surprise, his poll brushing against one of many branches lingering above him. A forest was definitely not the ideal place for such a spindly-legged creature to live, especially not one equipped with often bothersome wings.

Before he could ask who was there, his copper eyes landed on a mare of lighter hue, who seemed to look at him with nothing but curiosity and, maybe, a tinge of suspicion. It was a common look to the young stallion, one that he didn't blame others for, and had since learned not to even comment on. When he noticed that he was staring, lost in his musings, Jericho cleared his throat and dropped his head somewhat, the branch creaking and whining as the support of his head was taken away from it.

"Greetings, good miss," he answered her, situating one front leg outwards and across the other, dipping down in some sort of an odd bow. He was quick to regain himself, however, and met the palomino's magnificent cerulean eyes once more. "I'm on an adventure, you see," he began to explain, his face dropping ever so slightly, "But for what, I'm not quite sure of yet." A twitch of his tail, and the black dun found himself hoping that he wouldn't scare this unknown, but beautiful, damesel away. Surely he was simply overthinking it all, but in the past, his eccentric ways had a tendency to do things like that.

"My name is Jericho," he continued on before anymore silence could settle between the two, "What is yours? Maybe you could help me find out what it is I'm looking for." A bit of a stretch, maybe, considering he had only shared a few words with the palomino, but the poor boy could not help but merely suggest it.

Romani
Watching the ebony and ivory creature, Romani couldn’t help but chuckle at his display. Formality was something that the palomino wasn’t a fan of, at least when it was directed at her. He seemed genuine enough, and the mare took a step closer to better examine him. Handsome, tall, and lithe… Idly she wondered where he could have come from. At his answer to her inquiry, her curiosity only grew and the compact mare tilted her head slightly in interest.

“You’re on an adventure, but you’re not sure what you’re searching for?” Romani, herself, was an adventurer, or had been before settling down in the Foothills… It was somewhat odd to her that someone would set out on an adventure without a goal in mind. Yet, wasn’t that what she had been doing for years? Adventuring just to see the world, letting her heart take her wherever it wanted? Regardless, that was all in the past now. Her future was here, in Helovia, with the Foothills.

Another chuckle left her lips and she straightened up slightly, allowing her body to sidle back and relax now that she knew that Jericho wasn’t any sort of threat. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jericho. I’m Romani… And I’m not certain I could be of any help to you on your quest, especially since you don’t know yourself what you’re looking for.” When she spoke, the warrior wasn’t attempting to be condescending. She was merely stating a fact.

“But if there’s anything I can do to help you, I’ll try. I can tell you about the lands of Helovia, if you’re looking for a home to settle down into…” She trailed off, allowing for the Pegasus stallion to ponder her question.

Unregistered

J E R I C H O

The palomino's interest seemed to pique at his display, and for once, it seemed that Jericho might have found company in someone who wouldn't shy away from his odd behavior. Considering the outlook cast upon him by others, it was quite a feat indeed, and in that instant, the Haflinger had gained his respect entirely.

"No, ma'am, I don't," he said in response to her question, tilting his own head briefly as he tried to come up with anything else to quench the mare's question. He simply did not know what it was he was after, what the big prize was at the end of the road, but maybe, here in this new land far from Janat... He could find the answer. It was with thoughts of Janat that his head snapped up, the lightbulb in his cranium going off. This palomino, who had just proclaimed herself as Romani, seemed to read his thoughts as she went on.

While he was admittedly saddened that Romani might not be able to assist him on his quest, that didn't mean she couldn't still play a part in it. Which, in a roundabout way... was still the same thing, right? A smile pulled at his dark lips, ears swiveling forward to show just how interested he was. "I would like that, Romani," he began, one ear cocking to the side as his mind worked, "But... Don't tell me about anywhere cold, please."

OOC: Rushed post is rushed. ._.

Romani
Unwillingly a laugh escaped Romani’s lips before she could stop it, but it wasn’t of a snobbish tone or done in mockery. She was simply amused by the Pegasus before her, as she hadn’t met anyone quite like him before. Adorable would be one word the palomino would use to describe the young stallion before her.

“Not too fond of the cold either, are you?” The Haflinger inquired, but wasn’t truly expecting an answer. Instead, she continued on, lifting her head as she thought of the lands strewn across Helovia. If Jericho wanted to stay far from the cold, then she would promote that. After all, the Steppe and now, the newly formed Basin, weren’t the safest of places for wandering Pegasus, or anyone who didn’t have a horn upon their head. “Well, Jericho, if you’re wanting to stay somewhere warm… There’s the Dragon’s Throat, the World’s Edge, and the Windtossed Foothills, which is where I call home.”

Due to her inexperience with the other two herdlands, Romani decided to simply skip past them. She was sure they were lovely places in their own right, but the warrior’s heart lay in her own homeland. Perhaps she could convince the ebony boy to venture back to the Foothills with her and at least look it all over. “Even during Frostfall the Foothills don’t feel the wrath of winter like the other lands do, and it truly is a beautiful place, with the mountains surrounding the land and plains to run on. If you’d like, I could take you there?”

Romani wouldn’t force Jericho to do anything he didn’t want to do. If he decided to decline her offer, she’d nicely point him in the next best direction to see that he found somewhere safe to call home. There were those in Helovia who were kind souls, gentle to others, but there were also creatures who would take advantage of a placid soul like Jericho’s in a heartbeat.

Unregistered

J E R I C H O

The land of Janat had always provided ample warmth to it's residents. The mountains stretched high into the sky, surpassing even the wispy clouds, pushing the Pegasi closer to the sun than most. It was truly a wonderful land to have lived in, if not for the kin that looked upon him like a worthless devil, wishing he would disappear. While the beauty of his homeland was unmatchable, at least in his eyes, he was glad to be away from it, here in Helovia.

When Romani went on to list off the name's of the lands, Jericho was surprised that she didn't seem to care which one he chose. It seemed that four paths were no laid out before him; he could go to one of the three lands, or continue to venture by himself. The very idea of staying alone almost caused the stallion to throw his head in retaliation, but he managed to cling to his calm demeanor. The Foothills that the palomino now spoke of sounded interesting, and the fact that there was a wall of mountains wrapping around it might have been more appealing to the dun than it should have been.

He had come to a decision.

"If you would have me, Romani," he spoke up, "Then I would love to check out these supposed Foothills you speak of."