the Rift

Set Fire to the Rain [Open]

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 50c3cfe45dfd7]

Chernobyl

Resentment burned hopelessly in the pit of a stomach, starved for attentions that could not be hers. Opening black eyes to the grey world, her lips part into a halfhearted smile that looks strangely out of place, even on the face of such youth. In the hands of the devil, her heart and soul lie, beating uselessly until the flame of life would, inevitably, die. This being her fate, she did nothing to abandon any prior greed to change it. When she looked out along the borders of the Basin, she paused in her reverie, wondering idly how she had ended up here. Years had passing since her mother’s death and yet, she felt as if the old mare still walked beside her, taunting her and caressing her in such a way that her stomach turned and bile erupted; up along her esophagus, grazing her tongue and remaining there until she had gained the courage enough to swallow it down again. Around her now, the magic of her new residence, however temporary or permanent it might just be, seemed to come alive in her isolation. Small tendrils of colored light danced through the forest ahead of her, beckoning her to follow, though she was sure it was merely her imagination playing sick tricks on her mind. She laughed at the thought and began to trudge ahead, smashing the lines of light as she went, making sure their happy existence was shattered completely.

Round and around, she circled the path, turning around thoughts in her head while she smattered the invisibles lights, her heart screaming out against her chest as if the old bitch would hear. Once again, she found herself mulling over everything in her past, seemingly trapped behind the mirror of life, looking out at everything she could become and never being able to reach it. Just barely out of grasp, she found herself longing for something more, something that she wasn’t quite sure of… and then the thought was completely forgotten in the name of hopelessness.

Looking toward the darkening skies, she exhaled, bitter resentment building in her chest before she finally gave up and closed her eyes against the anger and hurt that brewed solemnly beneath the surface of her well-composed façade.

But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
This fluid feels like pain, This stoic mood is all in vain
I reach into the dark, I tear the sun and me apart
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go
My flesh is temporary, my God extraordinary
D E S C A R O

Descaro watched the mare of pitch pace her melancholy on an old beaten path. Her horn so maliciously twisted with angry thorns just waiting to claim a prey no doubt undeserving of death. Her body so sleek, she stood at a fair height and seemed completely lost in thought as she stopped and turned a bitter eye to the dying day. So cold and yet so lonely, at least, that was the first impression she gave to the boy of deep red tones who now stood a little to her side. Watching curiously. He was a soldier and he knew no better life, but who was she? What is her purpose and why did she look like the earth was crumbling and all hope she had hurtfully thrown away. Descaro stepped a little closer then, pools of blue always watching.

"A troubling evening?" he asked with a suave voice, mares were a preferred company of his. Tail flicked and mane tangled around a pristine crystal what protruded dangerously from the brow of his head. He was bulky and stood only a hand taller but his size in muscle made him seem bigger, more powerful. Descaro took a great pleasure in his size, the way just his stance could cause others to immediately view him in fear. Intimidation was a lovely feeling when one was the instigator.

As the sun fell and the night came to reign, he shifted a back hoof and rested it on a wet slushy surface. Eyes thoughtfully regarding the mare before him.

Psilo

Chernobyl

A lonely shaft of ghostly light seemed to sprawl hopelessly from the moon’s innocent face as she worked her way across the newly darkening sky. Everything below was cursed in shadow, though it was a mystical place in which secrets only came alive at night. Ahead of her, the future looked bright despite her dim outlook on life as one whole. It seemed that the pieces of her heart had been scattered across the universe and she was destined to spend the rest of her life trying to reconnect them. Such a sad fate, she thought, though it was now a reoccurring reminder of what had been. Images of her childhood haunted her endlessly and she tried to find answers to the questions that she knew would never mend her broken heart, no matter how hard she tried. When she was young, she used to dream about fairytales and happy endings only to awaken to those soulless eyes of the one who claimed to love her so dearly. Though, love was something that her mother knew nothing of and Chernobyl was certain that one day she would find herself believing the same.

When she had aged a year, her mother confided in her something so terrible and twisted that it was hard to live life normally thereafter. “No man will ever love you as much as I, my sweet Chernobyl. I am the only one in which your heart shall be given… until the end.” For months, she tried to avoid the advances of the sickly mare, but to no avail. When she misbehaved, she was punished. If she did not return the sweet words of beloved sentiment, she was punished… and sometimes, even when she had been good, she was punished just the same.

Though, this was not so, here in Helovia. In fact, she only had herself to depend on and that meant that she would never be let down- or did it? Thoughts of anguish taunted her empty heart and she could do nothing to vanquish the forlorn sensation before forcing it to the back of her mind in sight of another member of the Basin. He was a curious animal, dipped in bloody shades of red that was not altogether unpleasing to the eye despite his intrepid allure. If she had been affected by his sudden approach, it did not show, for apparitions of death did not feel…

I’ve no troubles to speak of until now. Is there something you seek in my company or have you turned to the dark magic of the forest merely in the name of curiosity?” Her tunes had been dry, if unoriginal, despite the black fire that burned fierce in the depth of her eyes. Everything around them was alight with nocturnal awareness; though the day birds had gone away, the crickets still sang a dark, eerie song. In the moonlight, she looked bodiless, a mere mass of monochrome color resembling the starless night, unmoving and silent as if waiting for the Gods to chain her to hell. If she had been born with wings, the feathers would surely have been ripped from her spine by now, simply because life itself was certainly not something worth living in the sake of remembering.

Looking past the bloodied creature, she smiled at the shadowy mist moving in. “Beautiful night, isn’t it?

pixel is by RELI<3

Outcast
imi
D E S C A R O

She was a strange one. The mare seemed to be looking past her surroundings and into something entirely different. Unaffected by his presence and lost in a world Descaro couldn't even begin to fathom, he wasn't even sure if he wanted to try. She looked like the old lady that haunted children's stories, it almost made him shudder and laugh at himself. Ears twitched to her voice, dry and uninspiring and the Soldier felt a trifle hurt at her ignorance. Yet he shrugged it off and instead concentrated on the bland question she asked of him, snorting at her insinuations of dark magic... In a forest.

"I'm a Soldier patrolling the night, it's duty not curiosity" he said, voice almost as dry as the mares as he lengthened his neck to give his head more height. Descaro didn't really understand the minds of those who lived in a world alternate to that of reality, the way she moved and looked confused him. Descaro persevered still, not wanting to judge the mare too quick, keeping level footing he smiled and gazed at the night. Folds of dark, thick mane falling back onto his strong neck.

"Yes it is... Do you have a name? I'm Descaro" a genuine question as his tone became a little more jovial, like one making casual conversation but with an eye always on her. Watching with interest and a little fear. Strange mare she was. Not like others he had met, Leyra for example had played right into his hands. Now he had a daughter who would carry on his legacy, all done through little suggestive movements and endless flattering. Frost Fyre. Not the normal name for a child but Descaro rather liked it in a way, it had a nice ring to it. Dark eyes still remained on the femme, he imagined this mare wouldn't quite fall for such charms; she was probably smarter than Leyra too.

[ooc; omg I'm so sorry. I completely forgot to reply to this after coming off absent. D: <33]

Psilo

Chernobyl

He was gruff, not entirely the kind of company she would preferably keep, despite his assuming attitude. Something about him seemed to intrigue her, though she couldn’t put a name to it. She looked at him, black inkwells widening as she pondered his reasoning to stop his patrolling to entertain her. A small smile cracked her porcelain lips and the doll moved into the moonlight. He did not seem to agree with the magic of the night, but she was not asking him to understand, just open his mind and allow himself to see just what she saw. “A soldier… and what do you protect?” Her mood had lightened, hopefully encouraging him to relax in her presence; after all did they not both call the Basin home? Was there any real reason to stand on edge if they were supposed to relate to one another as… family?

The word felt slick upon her brain and she quickly abandoned it for other necessities. It seemed that this Descaro had finally relaxed a bit to allow her a bit of room to “share and care.” She nodded now, her rosy cheeks betraying her. She was exuberant in the night, swelling like a child at the thought of the stars overhead. Whether or not the bloodied stallion appreciated it half as much as she, well, she couldn’t say. But she only hoped that he could admire this beautiful place in which they lived.

Chernobyl, if you’re so inclined to ask, Basin Scholar. Though, I intend to indulge in other plans while taking up residence here.” She looked at him now, a note of seriousness burning behind the depths of black eyes. She wasn’t so sure that she wanted to share her newly appointed pledge to the Plague, but it was better to avoid that conversation altogether until she was sure her Lady had informed her of all the rules and regulations.

This was a time of rising and she wasn’t going to ruin her chances at doing so by falling to the foolish incentive of being charmed.

ooc| It's fine! I hope this wasn't too terrible, I'm Flu-like... and have no muse.

pixel is by RELI<3

Outcast
imi
D E S C A R O

She moved out into the moonlight and Descaro allowed himself a moment to appreciate her ebony beauty. Slender than himself with an enchanting appearance, her twisted horn suggesting she probably wasn't all she seemed. The Soldier was finally seeing the 'magic' she spoke of, but probably not the same magic she meant. He roved his eyes away from her inviting form and regained some of the composure he had lost momentarily. Trying his best to address the question she had laid before him without sounding like an idiot "you, and the rest of our growing family. I protect our purpose and defend our borders." He answered, a bit of pride lacing into his deep toned voice. Descaro was happy within his rank, he was used to taking orders and took immense pleasure in the way of the warrior,

An introduction followed then and the Spanish bred stud dipped his head in regal courtesy. Chernobyl. It was foreign on his tongue and a name that would be quite amusing to say a great many times at a fast pace. Descaro decided not to do that just now in fear of offending her. Instead he fixed on her rank, Basin Scholar, he wondered what she was currently pondering. Maybe it was the 'magic' she spoke of, he couldn't imagine a more duller life. Yet, again, he did not mention that in case he hurt her feelings. In his life's experience of flirting with their female counterparts, Descaro had learnt that mares were not always the best when angry. In fact, they were most likely worse than stallions. Most likely.

He wondered what the 'other plans' was but decided not to delve any further. Unicorns were a secretive race by nature, it was rude to ask one to divulge their secrets. Unless it was absolutely necessary of course. "And what do you study? The stars? Magic? ... Why the sky is blue?" His face grew amused towards the end. Descaro was a soldier, although he wasn't dim and infact quite an intellect, he didn't dabble in the art of knowledge. Instead in the art of battle.

Psilo

Chernobyl

She smiled a tight smile that was not meant to touch those endless eyes. Everything about her spoke of frail glass that could not be touched. She was something of an oddity, a rare trinket made of gold that was displayed for the mere hell of it. Perhaps it was just her nature to appear so beautifully disheveled, but she certainly didn’t seem to take advantage of it as many others would. In fact she simply nodded at the stallion’s response, he eyes wandering shamelessly from his eyes to his lips to his shoulders and beyond. A queer part of her wanted to run a velvety nose along his spine, make him tremble. It could have been called lust or some strange form of the word but the doll was not allowed such rewards. There was a time and a place for all things, though she found herself wishing that, that time was now.

And what purpose is it that you defend? I’ve yet to find any real purpose here other than a common attribute amongst species. It’s a shame really… that we’re not so much united as we are each our own.” She moved toward him now, collectively gathering small dished feet to ride high above the stony floor. The clatter when they fell was soft and marked her advance if nothing else could. Her eyes bore into his as she swayed into his presence, brushing her fine muzzle along his side as she had so longed to do before. It was much like she had imagined and as she pulled away, coy in her approach; she relished the tingle that it left on her tongue.

She was quickly becoming such a little coquette.

His voice reached her ears now as she slowly rounded him, her even step keeping count as she near his flank, his chest, and then his neck before she again ran a delicate caress along the tender skin there. “I study many things my sweet Descaro, but I do not study ignorance.” She flashed a cool smiled at him now as she had finally come back to face him head on. The soft chuckle that followed was enough to indicate that she was not one to tolerate shit. But if you must know, I study you-“ Her eyes widened at this, inviting him in such a way as to believe that she was pliable enough to wear her heart on her sleeve. “-and the rest of our growing establishment. I study our purpose and relate our stories.” With this her smile broadened, clearly satisfied in her theft of his words.

She was certainly enjoying this small game, whatever it might cost her in the end.

pixel is by RELI<3