the Rift

Hearing Thoughts [Sun God]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Tan, cloven hooves picked their way south until small clouds of dust picked with every step. Waves of the ocean crashed below as the world seemed to suddenly collapse sharply into the unsettled sea. Crimson and blue orbs looked ahead, gaze settled on an ethereal blue, shifting and burning like water slowed down on the distant island. She had been here before to visit the Earth God. Ophelia was in debt to the great creature for healing her sister's legs, but now she desired something for herself.

Her pale, thin form slid over the land bridge easily, gliding up the rocky, steep path to the three shrines. Even with her large height, she felt small in the shadow of the massive stones, and she looked at each carefully, tossing her white and crimson mane. Heat rolled off of the blue lava in torrents, and even with the crisp wind of the night sky, a light sweat settled on her skin.

Before, all they did was ask for help, but now, Ophelia wanted it to be known who she should seek. She wanted to gain the favor of this god, wanted to be able to gain this ability that would ease her frustration. "God of the Sun," she spoke, her voice hushed and soft. "Please hear my request. At birth I was blessed and cursed with the ability to remember everything to the last detail. The curse lies in the fact that I do not know intentions. What I ask of you is to grant me the ability to listen to other's minds, hear their thoughts, experience their memories."

Ophelia lowered her form onto one knee in a deep bow and touched her pearly horn to the stone floor. "I ask this of you humbly."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

A blast of fire and heat greets Ophelia before the God of the Sun shows his face. Like a raging inferno, the flames leap forward, tearing up the side of the strange lava mountain. The orange colored fire turns bright white, until a pair of golden horns poked through the wall of fire stopping just short of the small filly. Next appears a proud face, his features contorted into an ugly expression.

"Hello, child," the God says, his voice normally smooth like butter, lifted with a quiet anger that reached through his voice to claw out at this small girl. "Are you loyal to the sun?" he asks directly, golden eyes glaring into her two-toned little pools.

This one found a home in the Throat, but those who now resided there were lecherous. They could not be trusted.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia turned her face as a blast of heat exploded on the ground in front of her. She furrowed her brows and closed her eyes, white lashes falling to her cheeks. In the place of the fire moments later stood a golden god with two, twisted horns spiraling from his brow. Ophelia's keen, heterochromatic eyes took in his sight, committing every detail to her perfect memory.

She raised a brow slightly at his question, her body calm and unafraid. The god was glorious, but after being harassed by shades in a land that was destroyed and buried, she no longer had the deep, instinctual urge to run. In all actuality, her brain had lost most of its instincts to save room for her mental capacity. She was strange.

"I am not from this land," she replied. "I do not know what I follow, if anything at all. However, I do know that light is important, that I only feel safe in its presence." She replied, hoping that those words helped her cause.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

At least she doesn't follow that bitch, the God thought to himself as he looks at the child with cooling eyes. The flames around the deity shrink noticeably in a matter of a few moments, yet they still burn in a quiet warning that the girl should stay on her toes and mind her manners. Thinking back to the moments that the filly had spoken before, the Sun God pieces together her request - and the interesting ability that she had acquired upon birth. With slitted eyes the God gazes at her now, staring at the two-toned irises of her own.

Graceful and gentle steps carry the lithe yet powerful body toward Ophelia, ending with a warm touch upon her muzzle from his own. His mind searching through hers with his omniscient abilities, seeing with the same stunning clarity her life kept with ever brilliant detail in her brain. "You are a beautiful creature, Ophelia," he says with a charming note in his voice, stepping away from the girl as he pondered the magic she requested.

"This ability you wish for is dangerous for you, my dear, since you can never unknow what you dig up in the corrupted minds of others," he says, his voice smooth and warm in the air. "Their brains are flawed unlike yours, and give into the tendency to change the memories they can retain."

"They would feed you lies and deceit, and fill your wonderful mind with awful things." His perfect face looks pained as her turns it away from her, staring out over the seas surronding them on the strange island. "If you still wish to have this power, I will need for you to complete for me a quest."

"You will goad another to share their darkest desire or secret with you, and return that information to me."

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia watched curiously as the Sun God approached her so gracefully, the lessened flames still burning with intensity. She raised her brows as he continued to close the gap in their proximity until he touched his soft muzzle to her own. Normally she was so uncomfortable with touch that it made her shy away, but in his great presence, she was stunned into inaction, her dual eyes widened in shock and surprise. Despite herself, her heart fluttered and quickened in her chest, ribs expanding to support the need of her now tensed frame.

He called her beautiful, and her heart leapt again. She was surprised that an immortal being who had seen ages pass by could consider a mortal like herself anything besides average. Then, he stepped away and spoke of what she asked, of her mind. She too had considered this downfall to her desire, and she cast her gaze to her hooves, wincing slightly. Still, she would have rather had this ability when she had been forcibly taken from her family by Nyra. Understanding the true motive could be incredibly painful, but at least she would know. ... Right?

She watched as his expression looked pained, and hers softened. Why would such a powerful creature be pained by her difficult choices? Cautiously, she approached his side and looked out across the horizon as well. With a deep breath, she steeled herself for her choice and silently made a pact with herself to complete his task. "I too have thought about the consequences of what I ask," she said softly. "But I would rather know than be stuck with an entire mind full of history with no motives or meaning. I will complete your task."

She bowed her head in deference before slowly picking her way back to the mainland, determination in her soul.