the Rift

Begin Again [Sohalia/Questing]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Anticipation mixing with fear had turned Phaedra's legs to jelly, which made walking all the more annoying. Her normally tawny wings, had now turned as white as Sohalia's - maybe even more white, since it was some odd magic which was affecting her plumage. In between the pristine white feathers, were large scabs and raw flesh. The open wounds had healed closed thankfully, and were no longer oozing blood, but it was still too painful to fly, and she would risk prolonging the healing process if she did. So, Phae had walked here from the Fields. The whole way, she was nervously contemplating Note, the pegasus stallion she had recently met, and whether or not he would be a good match for Sohalia. He had been so....so what? Well, she wasn't too sure. He seemed off to Phae, but then again, she wasn't the most warm and fuzzy mare out there. He certainly was handsome, though. She had been balancing the desire to complete her quest, between the tugging feeling at her heart, to find Sohalia a true mate. And unfortunately, that side was winning. She snapped her tail with agitation, succumbing to her desire to do right by Sohalia, rather than selfishly pushing her quest forward.

As she entered the beach, she searched the skies for the white mare. Would she even be here? Phaedra thought with a moment of panic. They hadn't exactly discussed where they would meet...or even when. But she didn't believe that Sohalia was part of a herd? At least she didn't recall. Please be here she begged silently, now scanning the beach for the mare's pretty lithe form.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I stayed at the Endless Blue when Phaedra and Levi had left, contemplating my upcoming meeting with Rowan, when she would bring me to her home, the Dragon's Throat. It scares me, but mingled with the trepidation is a tingle of excitement. That I will have a home to call my own puts a smile on my maw as my ice-blue orbs stare out to sea. The waves crash relentlessly against the shoreline, their music a lullaby in my pricked lobes. I stand, relaxed, my left hind leg cocked in a resting position. It is peaceful here; I wonder why no one has ever claimed this land as their home. But then, if they had, I wouldn't be here, and so I am glad that it remains a public domain.

I turn and begin to walk, my hoofprints temporarily marring the sand before the waves, ever-present, wash them away. My thoughts shift with my movement, turning to Phaedra and her quest. I do believe that I have made another friend, as I think of her rather fondly. What strange circumstances brings us together... I smile, shaking my head at the memory. And then, speak of the devil, there she is. "Phaedra!" I call warmly, pushing myself into a trot as I went to greet her. She looks well, save for her wings, which are a shade of white that they were not before. On closer inspection, I can see what looks like scabs, raw skin - they are a mangled mess, and my gaze changes from welcoming to concerned. I pause before her. She was wary of me last time, and I don't wish to make her uncomfortable with an affectionate greeting as I may have given to, say, Rowan. Instead, I speak. "What in the world happened to your wings?" I probably sound like a finicky mother, but it's just in my nature. I want to make them better.

"talk talk talk"

I am riding high
Don't wanna come down
Hope my wings don't fail me now

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Phaedra!

Phae's ears perked forward as she finally spied the white mare, down the beach. Her heart seemed to swell into her throat as a burst of adrenaline flushed through her system. Sohalia is here! she thought excitedly. And she knew exactly where Note was, the guessing game was over. All that she had to do now, was introduce them, and pray to the God's that it would work out. I'm so close! she thought eagerly, as Sohalia trotted towards her. She almost couldn't contain her anticipation; she would finally have a companion, someone to call her own!

What in the world happened to your wings? Phae chewed her lip nervously, unsure of how to answer. Leander, Sultan of the Throat had lost his temper and done this to her. But Note was a member of the Throat, and surely if Sohalia found him to be to her liking, she would join that herd as well? Flicking her tail, Phae weighed her options. If she told Sohalia, she may not want to join the Throat, which could potential jeopardize her relationship with Note, in which case Phae would fail her quest. But if she didn't tell her...You think this is bad? You should see the other guy! yuk yuk yuk....No.., she thought, shaking her head. She would be honest; surely the God of the Earth would not reward her efforts if she finalized her quest with a lie of omission. "I had a little chat with a stallion called Leander. It didn't really go as either of us had planned." She said rather ambiguously, flicking her tail. "But let's not waste time on that" She said joyfully, folding her now-white wings close to her body to eliminate them from further scrutiny. "Are you ready to meet bachelor number one? He's a pegasus, a solider in the Dragon's Throat, he isn't tall, but he is dark and handsome! We didn't get off to the best start, He and I, but I was up front with what it was I was proposing, and he certainly seems to think that he can fulfill your desires" Phaedra's green gaze glittered excitedly; she sincerely hoped that Sohalia and Note would be good for one another - they both seemed like they would enjoy having someone to call their own, just as much as she did.

Smiling, Phae looked at Sohalia, wondering what she must be feeling. Whatever it was, Phae hoped that she would be feeling it soon as well; and if all went well, she would. "We can leave as soon as you like. Although, we'll have to walk.." Phae muttered apologetically, indicating the wounds on her wings briefly .

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

She brushes off my concerns as though metaphorically flicking them off her wingtips. I am a bit suspicious that there is more to her story, but I won't question her - after all, she isn't the most open of books. Even so, I eye her wings with what I hope is a hidden attention, skimming over the rough scabs, the pink skin, withered as though with scar tissue. But then she tucks them away, and pristine white feathers cover up what I'm sure are very painful wounds. I begin to frown, but her voice is so jovial that I can't help but smile kindly at her. She really is a sweetheart, under all that nervousness and aloof demeanor. I wonder why she puts up a front like that - was she hurt as a child? Did she lose someone close to her? Those I could relate to; anything else I cannot imagine for her.

"Are you ready to meet bachelor number one?" Her words snap me out of my thoughts, and I prick my ears toward her. Her vocals hold a teasing tone, and again I can't help but smile. I even dance a little in place - who knew the hunt for an appropriate suitor could be so exciting?! I listen to her description carefully, and ponder her words carefully before I respond. Her opinion means a lot to me, I find - that she and this stallion did not get along troubles me slightly. And I suppose she would not have brought me this news if she did not think that we would make a good pair. "Well," I say, "I trust your judgement, Phaedra. I am supposed to be traveling to the Throat to meet a friend anyway - so it sounds like a perfect time to meet my match!" I laugh, and the sound is carefree, surprising me - I haven't laughed like that in ages. "Shall we go, then?"

"talk talk talk"

I am riding high
Don't wanna come down
Hope my wings don't fail me now

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!