the Rift

i had a rosepetal bed i had the sun on my skin (open)

Nasicaä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Nasicaä

((the cold and crackling breath of fantasy))

Dawns cold haze infected the air with an invigorating sense of energy, pulled into aching lungs with an eager whirr, each expelled breath relinquishing a corona of gilded mist that lingered momentarily about her head. Though each breath of the frigid air brought her waking mind a greater level of clarity, the atmosphere was equally heavy, a smothering that hush hovered possessively as a drowsy reminder to the season past - the naked glare of branches that had yet to bud, chilled winds still occasionally beating the morning mist against her. All things beneath the sun knew that the cold grasp was soon to entirely fade, however.

Morning birds began their distant song, passionately celebrating the unknown joys of their mates to be, with even greater fervency arguing with their neighbors. Cardinal and crow. The heartbroken red of dawn still fended off the shadows that simmered in the folds and corners of the forest - the traveler took care to angle away from them, not knowing what hostilities may make their homes in this new land.

The ambling canter of cloven hooves was swung wide in sanguine assurance, dark platforms alighting to pebble and moss with a careless clatter, and the mare feeling quite confident in her solitude. Rosy eyes mimicked the dawn in the way that they were partially concealed; the fractured pink sky by the brooding cover of clouds - her eyes, hooded by heavy lashes in complacent reverie. The troubles of her raped and pillage homelands were behind, a distant and unsalvagable memory. It was easier to exist in this dreamlike state of the now than to acknowledge an old dream as it tried to resurface.

She was reminded so much of it by the damp chill on the wind, though. Black plumed appendage of her tail brushed against a tree in tender affection, a passing and false warmth, for the rough bark was a cold reminder that this was far from home. A heavy sigh heaved from her lungs, sending a warmer billow of air to fade into the brightening light. She plodded stoically onward.

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
Tingal's tiger colored body wandered in the woods. His green eyes focused on the ground. He hadn't been to the Threshold in forever. Why, when he was just entering Helovia he had come to this place. He snorted, his legs taking him further into the forest. He went swiftly along a small path. He remembered the path from when he was first here. He turned left and continued at a steady pace.

Tingal noticed a seal bay mare walking along. He walked towards her, smiling."Hello there."He nodded his head to the mare,"I'm Tingal. May I ask what your name is?" he looked at the mare, a straight and spiraled horn of gold champagne color was placed upon her forehead. She had eyes of dusky rose. Tingal walked a bit closer to her, taking note of her coloration and form. He pawed the earth, waiting for her to answer.

OOC: Short,crappy post. Sorry.
WC: 149

Unregistered

Nasicaä

The sound of approach caused her ears to flicker, long forelock unsettled from where it had been tousled by the wind. The casual sway of hooves drew do a curt stop, neck turned to face the stranger, immediately greeted by bright colors bold against the washed-out remainders of winter. How intriguing.

Chin tilted upward from where it had lowered as she plodded, her skull daintily angled so rosy eyes could study from a more subtle perspective; she did not let the silence run away however, responding to the greeting with a brief nod in response."You are well met Tingal, my own name is Nasicaa." Soft tones were kept low, but empty of any courtesy besides the stale norm that characterized all introductions; true friendliness was restrained until she gained a better knowledge of his temperament.

A quick twist of her head gestured to the multitude of trees surrounding them, returning to him a moment after the gesture. "So, do you make your home here - or are you a passerby like myself?" And do the others look like you, but that question would remain unasked out of politeness. She hadn't scented a herd, but if one was here then it would be a poor choice to go insulting its members.

((it's okay, thanks for joining c:))

dark
Tingal listened as the mare spoke. Nasicaa's sweet and rosy eyes were clearly studying him. had she never seen a horse such as he? Tingal shook his head and returned his green eyes to the mare."I live in the Throat, it's not too far from here."He smiled, his white fangs showing. With sudden realization he stopped smiling."Are you at all afraid of me?"He asked. This was a very serious question. He hadn't noticed the seal bay mare showing a bit of fear towards him.

Tingal began to scratch out drawings upon the dirt. Nasicaa.He thought, trying to wrap his mind around her name and figure. He looked back at her, admiring her gold champagne horn. He looked down at the drawings he had sketched. A tiger. A single tear fell from Tingal's face, falling to the ground. He quickly gathered his feelings."Sorry.."he murmured. He swiped away the drawing, hoping Nasicaa didn't see it.

OOC: Short post is shorter. Another bad post. Sorry.
WC:155

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

The spring sun was warm upon my back, which seemed to brighten my otherwise weary mood. The days seemed to pass by slowly and in such a way that I found myself becoming restless and bored which was perhaps how I had ended up in the Threshold, which was somehow becoming a hobby of mine. Birdsong was certainly a fitting time of the year for the claiming grounds and around me the wild flowers were beginning to bloom in bright, earthy colors. It was hard to avoid crushing them under such a wide step and it was almost saddening to watch as sprigs of new grass were torn from their fresh beds to gather up and around my toes. However, the luminescent sunshine that billowed in through the tree limbs was distracting enough to make me forget the inevitable destruction of the Earth God’s new budding attire.

Though, I abandoned all former thought of seasonal bliss upon catching bits and pieces of distant conversation. It was only in my nature to interrupt, being that the Edge was still growing in vast division and I had only wanted to assist in our development. However, whether or not that was the case today, I wasn’t sure because when I came upon two stunning creatures, clearly beyond my own physical appearance, I felt it was futile to try and avoid them. Though impressing anyone other than my dear Tamira did nothing to convince my ambitions, I was still intrigued by the murky colored mare with strange dappling along her underbelly. The stallion though, drew my eyes for a moment longer, wearing a dazzling coat of bright orange and shadowy black. He was a sight to see, standing there pawing foreign designs upon the dirt before murmuring words of weakness to the otherwise unknowing mare.

I was hesitant to approach and altogether reluctant to act amiably toward the awkward boy that stood at the feet of such an incredibly colored girl. It seemed like more of a hassle than I had formerly anticipated and upon inhaling the musky scent of the Throat mingled in with the strange scent of the new mare, a scowl was imminent to escape my lips. I had no problems with the throat myself, simply because I was required to honor the alliance between herds, but it seemed that since running into Leander upon these very grounds while courting the lovely, Lavender mare Yseutle, tensions had been high. However, I suspect that competition had little and yet everything to do with it. Sighing inwardly, I decided that once again, I would impeach upon their conversation, only in the name of curiosity… or so I tell myself.

The Throat is indeed a lovely place, though I’ve no knowledge of the working relationship between Kri and her new Sultan, Leander.” A faint smile touches my dry lips, though it never has the chance to reach my eyes. It had been quite some time since I had slept consistently through the night in Mirage’s absence. The Edge had been suffering the consequences of the rising reputation of the Basin and her elite members, though, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Quian and the Throat were to come up with some kind of compromise to fend off the ever-growing number of attacks on our homes. It was so unlike Helovia to be wrought with so much conflict with Summer approaching so soon.

I’m Thor, World’s Edge Apprentice Nurse, I hope you don’t mind the intrusion… I guess that old phrase ‘curiosity killed the cat’ would be helpful in explaining my sudden interuption.” Again a small smirk seemed to find its way across my face, despite my clear lack of exuberance after days of unrest. In my heart, I knew that Mirage would be returned one day soon and on that day I would try to retain her company in hopes of rendering myself sane, as “seeing is believing.” When I took the time to (finally) lace a friendly, though it could’ve been tired, gaze upon the cat-like stallion, I was similarly shocked to see the darkened strains of wet hair beneath a singular eye. I hadn’t the heart to ask if he had shed tears and instead settled for a more ignorant introduction. “I see you are doing well brother, I should hope the Throat is thriving well in the course of such conflict?” It seemed that I couldn’t help the small smiles that beckoned expression in spite of my halfhearted mood. I suppose it was time for the Quian to take action and I only hoped that it would be soon because I wasn’t sure how long I could ward off insanity in the wake of such rivalry.

Unregistered

Nasicaä

"The throat? The throat of what?" an internal chuckle was left unuttered, but the neutrality of her face softened somewhat, the specter of a smile curling faintly at lips edges. She naturally assumed that it wasn't an actual creature, but with all the magic in the land, one could never really tell. The mental laughter petered away slightly following his own smile, noticing the harsh gleam of fangs in the cold light, the defining mark for a multitude of unfriendly beast. But the mare had seen enough of the world to know that fangs did not necessarily make the monster.

But the fleshy curtain of his lips fell over them again, he having some notion of the rejection that gleam might have instilled. No such negative emotions shrouded her thoughts. Fear? No, only a further blossoming of her inherent curiosity. An intrigue that only grew further as she sensed his perturbance, a sudden discomfort that flickered across his face, fallen contours highlighted by cool beams of sunlight. The glassy fragment of a tear flashed for a tragic moment before falling into shadow; her eyes followed the descent to finally notice the pattern scratched in the ground - but it was too hastily brushed away. Her gaze made the slow journey upward, the faint furrowing of concern knitted upon her invisible brow.

The sable dame knew no such notions as crocodile tears. Though aged beyond the dangerous but liberating innocence of youth, the compassionate mindset with which she viewed the world had yet to fully mature, mostly rejecting ideas such as personal safety or preservation in light of knowledge, or the lending of a helpful hoof. Needless to say that she’d probably never reach that maturity – whether it was the source of her own early demise, or the pains it caused remained ignored as she aged. It was not the worst fate in her mind, she’d rather offer comfort in a risky situation than withdraw completely. A hoof was lifted were it hovered; neck stretched forward, its inquisitive slant increased as she prepared to come nearer. Movements halted completely at the familiar thud of wings, drumming against the air. The hoven hoof returned to the ground, a fearsome stamp punctuated by fury. She danced aside with a swaying shuffle to face the newcomer directly, vocal chords echoing throatily with a muted whinny.

Neck swayed in loose elasticity, horn elegantly inscribing an unspoken warning into the air – vengeance roiled with magmatic intensity in her veins; otherwise visible only as the flaring of nostrils, the serpentine roiling of her tail and its many strands. It was a natural reaction, an accumulation of reactions and emotions that had been quite reasonable in the past. Punishing the child for the sins of the parent, or rather, the individual for the sins of other members of the species was not the way of her kind though. The absence of hostility in his demeanor did not warrant such action on her part; the mare swallowed hard in a brief wave of self-consciousness. Chin finally flicked proudly upward; manes dark coils billowing for a wild moment, then settling haphazardly about the tapering length of her face. Hair askew, a nod was forcibly spared to the pegasus.

Her gaze was redirected to the tiger horse."I fear no tangible thing, regardless of the appearance; my worry lies in its motivations." Low tones communicated her musing coolly, the soft answer offered reassuringly for the striped one, and also as a partial retribution for herself regarding the defensive reflex. She tried to distract herself with the names and titles he had spoken, none of which she knew of course. Her face returned to its prior neutrality, but with a final unwinding of her tail, she forced the release of habitual tensions.

dark
Tingal smiled."The Dragon's Throat, it's a desert area not too far from here. In fact, if you head southwest for a bit you'll end up there." He turned to the newcomer, a large draft. Tingal was just a bit smaller than the stallion. Upon further inspection Tingal realized that this wasn't an equine, but a pegasus. Small and disproportionate black wings were settled on his back. Tingal wondered how this had happened."The Throat is doing just fine, thank you. How is your home, the Edge?" Tingal spoke with a voice that had no emotion, keeping his friendliness bottled up until he knew the stallion better. He finally returned his green eyes to the rosy eyed mare. "Would you like to come with me to the Dragon's Throat, it is always warm there, might I add."He smiled, giving a quick glance at the larger horse, Thor did he say his name was? Tingal truly didn't care about him, for now Nasicaa was the only one on his mind.

OOC: Short post is longer
WC: 167

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

The way that she baulked at my approach was certainly not reassuring, though I knew there wasn’t much I could do in the way of soothing her. I wasn’t sure what had made the presence of a Pegasus so ill in her mind, but I wasn’t going to press her for answers, instead I merely stood in silence trying to contemplate my wrongdoing. If I’d done something unknowingly, I would surely apologize, though, what I had done was still unclear and this made me bristle slightly in discomfort. Both stallions had equal offers, two equally deserving herds and families that meant the world to them. However, I assumed this mattered not to this unfamiliar mare, as she had spent so little time in Helovia. Perhaps she would enjoy being a resident of the Throat and it was not in my power, nor my nature to change her mind. Looking solemnly between the two, I let their discourse carry out until I felt the silence was enough to allow my own proposition. It was a halfhearted thing due to the fact that I felt undermined due to my mere breeding, but I did not give up so easily. “The Throat is indeed a warm place, unlike the misty falls of The Edge. Each have their own agenda, though we call each other brethren. The Quian would be delighted to have you, should you so wish. But, as the Throat members are our allies, I would surely recommend their more than humble abode.

A tired smile graced my lips now and I was hesitant to say more and instead settled for looking upon the tiger-striped stallion, still in prime youth. “The Edge yet suffers from the Basin’s numerous attacks, but we are closer than ever I would assume. I only hope that the outcasts will deem your home an unlikely adversary so that you may avoid such heartache.” A saddening glance was directed his way, almost as if he were one of our own in The Edge. We needed all the help would could get and I wasn’t going to be the one create problems within our alliance, after all, this was no time to be fighting when definite war was impending between home lands.