the Rift

Here, Let Me Patch That Up [Any God]

Athena2 Posts: 48
Dragon's Throat Pupil
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1hh :: 4 Years 8 Months
Adoptable

Nervous midget wings rustling and flapping was the only sound other than the soft cadence of hooves that announced the presence of the medic. Hazel eyes were eager, but knew not to be too hopeful. The Gods were busy and Athena knew this well. Respected them for even stopping to grant them what they desired. They were undeserving of it, to be sure with the havoc they wreaked with their magic. That was why Athena had come, wishing to start mending the physical aspect of this havoc. For where there are soldiers there must always be healers to patch them up, right? Athena had fairly good use of natural medicinal herbs, but she desired to heal things that herbs couldn't fix.

It was even warmer here than in the Throat, but Athena hardly even realized it. Clearing her throat softly and calling out. "Is there anyone out there who has the time to spare to listen to my request?" Smiling at the unintentional rhyme. She didn't want to bother the Gods too terribly much. Athena knew the Sun God had returned. He was the Throat's patron, how could she not? She only hoped that she would have the wisdom not to be too disappointed should she not be answered.

[[Athena wishes for the ability to heal minor to major wounds, through means that the admin can decide as I truly have no preference.]]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"Oh, we are always listening."

A small laugh comes from the wind twisting around the mare's ears, surrounding her with the noise of merriment. There is an innocent sort of peal to the giggle, so gentle as it sways on the fingers of the unseen, though no such being has crafted it.

Rising from the shadow cast by the mare in the fading sun, the God of the Moon pooled up in the shade like an abyss, pieced together bit by bit of the wind as it sighed around her. When it had finished, the deity stood as violet fringed in silver, hooded eyes holding the mortal girl in captivation.

"What request would you pour down my ear... Athena is it? I like that name," the God murmured gently, lips twisting up in a gentle smile on her delicately carved muzzle.

Dragon's Throat Pupil
Adoptable

A happy thrill goes through the little gold mare when a voice whispers around her ears though she cannot see anyone who could have spoken. Her faith and belief in the Gods already comfort her, and she merely smiles and lets the innocent laughter lighten her heart and beat it faster, as if beckoning her to do the same despite the youthful smile it has already brought to her face. It's beautiful, ethereal, and she is almost saddened when it leaves. A form takes shape, from the very essence of her shadow, and Athena is unable to hide her awe and wonder. Curious about how it could be, but not one to seek answers about such things. She is content knowing that some things are best left untouched and unknown by mortals.

Beautiful violet mare stands before her as the wind pieces her together like a jigsaw puzzle, and the gentle smile on her face has Athena smiling back shyly. Feeling like a filly once again before this woman. Not bothered by the fact the Goddess knew her name without her speaking it. "Thank you, Goddess. I try to carry it with pride." Voice ringing out in reply, soothing as she had been told many times. Pride, surprisingly, doesn't swell inside when her name is praised in such a simple manner. Athena merely feels a glow of happiness that the Goddess is kind. She had heard rumors of her cold, mysterious ways. Already assured that it could not possibly be so, she is strong and Athena has taken a liking to her inner wisdom that seems to shine within her eyes. Knowledge of the entire world. "I wish to repair the physical damage inflicted upon others. Even if it will never bring peace, as I hope I am not foolish enough to believe, I only desire to do what little I can. I have heard that lessons are learned in your quests, ma'am. Please, I wish you will show me what I am lacking in my own." Feeling rather brave for saying this, even if she is demanding nothing. Bowing her head respectfully for a moment before glittering hazel eyes returned to the celestial being.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The girl before her is but a mere child, as they all are in the face of an immortal, but this one especially retains the purity and naivety that only children manage to posses. The Moon God pities her for such an absence of experience and knowledge, and for the inevitable hurt it will cause her when such innocence is stripped away.

It can't be helped really, we must all grow eventually, and nothing springs from a well full of only hope and happiness. There is balance to all facets of life, both the good, and the bad.

"You request something so noble and selfless, yet I wonder if you truly comprehend the implications of such an ability, and the costs that come with it." The Moon murmurs in a quiet way that is almost reprimanding. Yet she will not lead astray a mortal's desires, not when those desires lead them so willingly wandering down crooked paths.

"I'd have you go to the Aurora Basin and stay there until the end of Birdsong, trying to heal the racism there. Find a hybrid animal and try to heal their loneliness. Find a rapist, and try to heal their lust. Whether you've succeeded or not, return to me and speak of what healing means to you then." The God's voice was neither cruel, nor kind. She would take some grain of delight in watching Athena struggle with this otherwise impossible tasks set before her, but she would be more interested in seeing what changed within the girl in the midst of accomplishing these tasks. She had too much of a glow, basking beneath the Sun God's light, the Moon wanted to see if she could instill some darkness in the child mare.

Dragon's Throat Pupil
Adoptable

Athena lets the Goddess study her, hiding nothing. Even if she desired to hide something, it would be impossible. She knew the trials that came with quests. Many of the Throat had suffered, been nearly broken by the hurdles they had to jump in order to gain what they wanted. Her eagerness matched her dread, but it also matched her determination. If she was going to gain something she wanted, she must lose something in the process. The scale had to be balanced. Hopefully a lesson would be instilled in her, though she hoped she wouldn't be placed in the way of physical danger. She didn't have the best fighting skills, after all, and doubted she could protect herself very well. When she speaks, Athena isn't offended. She knows she has led a relatively peaceful life despite being wingless, and hasn't seen too much cruelty. Was this to be her challenge?

Her question is answered in the next words that come from the immortal. The thought of the Aurora Basin makes her insides twinge a little. She knew of them, but she feared them. Even if the Throat and the Qian had taken them on and driven them out, she would be walking directly into the lion's den. The tasks are dizzying, but some kind of steely determination Athena didn't know she had builds in her chest and flows into her legs to keep her grounded. Heal the racism, the loneliness of a hybrid, and the lust of a rapist. Whether or not she succeeded she could return, which is a type of safeguard. Athena closes her eyes, takes in a deep breath, and smiles. Nodding and sealing her fate. "I will do as you say. I trust you can see my flaws better than my eyes can. At the end of Birdsong, you will find me here. Of that, I'm very sure. How I will have changed, I cannot foresee." Some sort of fierce desire to make it through this has quickened her blood. She wanted to prove she was worthy of her Goddess' attention, and of the magic she sought. Athena bowed her chest towards the rocks for a moment, indulging in the immortal's presence for a moment longer. "I will pray to you when I can, for offering me this chance. You have my loyalty, mistress. Thank you, for giving me a chance." Smile has risen to her face again, words sincere as she speaks. The Moon didn't have to descend for her, a child of the Sun. Athena knew she would choose a patron, but was surprised at the instant liking and curiosity she felt towards the woman. Perhaps in her travels she would discover the answer.

[[Oooh I love it <3 just have to throw that out there]]