the Rift

[FALLS] f.ly l.ittle Blub-ird. Sp/re/a.d br0(en w1?g" {open!}

Ambrosine Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

What I "say", do, and think.

This rushing feeling of exhilaration and happiness was a feeling Ambrosine hadn't experienced in a long while. Birds were a chirp and the grass beneath the equine's horse was light and springy. A great smile graced the youths maw. "Such a lovely day!" Ambrosine stretched her neck and yawned, a warm feeling fluttering inside her gentle heart. The new inhabitant weaved her way through a multitude of trees with the sunlight warm on her back. It was a good kind of warmth. Soon after weaving and waving through the trees Ambrosine finally broke the tree line. The filly kicked herself into a lope rushing through the massive, open meadow. This place is wonderful! Ambrosine thought to herself before a bright wicker left her vocal chords. She slowed to an elongated trot before calming herself to an elegant walk. A bluebird flitted overhead and caught Ambrosine's cerulean eyes. She smiled again.

The main question on her mind was: "What is this place?" Eight months ago Ambrosine had crossed the Icy Path before losing her brother in the Marsh Forest. Now she was here. Why hadn't the ice come this far east? She quickly came to a pose of attention. Her neck and back arched, both ears perked forth, and eyes scanning the clearing with curiosity. It appeared that the snow here was just receding. "H-How is that possible?" Ambrosine said, stunned. Her usually calm mind came to a painful halt. This defies all the logic I've ever known. Amrbosine thought. She took a step forth and found her back, blue-hued hoof covered in wet snow. A snort of disgust left her. The snow had taken her family. Her loved ones. Her life. If this unknown place had long summer months and short winter ones she'd be very content with that. The quarter arabian mix continued to walk. Her neck was bowed and held the perfect dish of the arabian; her head too looked very arabian-like. The rest of her body had the frame of the quarter horse, but how she moved was all arabian. This insightful, and graceful filly's persona blossomed from her caring parents and the common owl she'd met back in the Mash.

Joy filled her face again as the rays of summer emerged from the semi-clouded sky. Now where was she supposed to go. At this very moment in life Ambrosine would be content on living on her own here. She bent her head down - discarding the thought of any impediment danger - and started to nibble on the stocks of sweet grass. Her ever growing hunger needed to be sated, now.

muse - 6 > 10
tag - free for all!
amount of thoughts - four hundred and forty eight words
ooc - welp. have at it. 83

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

Ah, Birdsong… The warmth of the sun felt wonderful upon her back, rejuvenating against the wrath that winter had held upon Helovia. Despite the somewhat cloudy day, the sun shone bright, the birds singing their songs happily and flying to and fro, and Romani watched them for a few moments longer before continuing on her way. It was strange, the mare surmised, that she was finding herself in the Threshold so often lately… Now that winter had released its grip upon the land, the forest of the Threshold seemed strangely beautiful. Perhaps it was that very beauty that continued to draw the palomino there. Each time, however, it had ended with great results; she had always stumbled across a lost soul, searching for direction, and each one had willingly returned with her to the Foothills. Perhaps today she would be just as lucky…?

Azure eyes scanned the tree line once more, and suddenly the sound of a nicker caught her attention. Red ears swiveled forward, head lifting just a little bit higher as she scanned the horizon. The tree-line of the meadow where she stood was barren of life, but that was only so for a few more seconds before a tawny creature burst through the line of trees, breaking into a canter nearly as soon as he or she was free from the confines of the forest.

For a moment Romani prepared herself for an attack, not knowing if this newcomer was a friend or foe, but as she watched the gold creature gallivant across the land like freedom incarnate, the feeling that she was in danger slowly faded. Instead the warrior merely tilted her head to the side, curious. Who was this golden creature? Romani had never seen her before in Helovia, and if she was coming from the west of the Threshold, then perhaps she was a wanderer…?

Only when the golden equine came to a stop and lowered her head to graze did the Haflinger venture forward, moving slowly across the field of growing grass. Keeping her head held high, Romani released a whinny of welcome towards the stranger. It carried a note of reassurance, to let the stranger know that she meant no harm. When she was close enough, the red mare smiled and called out a greeting with words.

“Hello!” She called and tossed her head, cream mane flopping gracelessly to the other side of her neck, “Welcome to Helovia! I’m Romani.”

Unregistered

Ambrosine's mind couldn't get over how lovely this area was. There was an aura of peace and serenity surrounding it. The sweet grass tasted oh so good, and the forest led into a spacious meadow that even housed some type of water source she'd yet to locate. Or well, she hoped there was some type of water source here. It's too early to think about that. Or is it? The filly thought, her right ear flicking. Her usually curved forelock lay flat on her head while she continued to nibble. Unbeknownst to her there was another equine adjacent from her location, and she was coming her way. Ambrosine kept on eating, wanting to fill her belly. For a short moment she paused to breath and then continued to chew on the grass. It wasn't until the equine was within a tail length that Ambrosine took notice.

The youth quickly ducked to the left, her right side showing; it was an act of hostility. It took a moment for the horse's words to reach her ears. "Welcome to Helovia! I'm Romai." The words made Ambrosine flinch but she smiled, relaxing herself. She composed herself before speaking. "Pardon me, but, could you please tell me where I am again? By the way, I'm Ambrosine." She spoke, her tone holding a slight Irish accent. Ambrosine stood with her back fluxed, neck held high, and head cocked to the right. The look of curiosity and slight disdain was evident in her body language.

muse - 6 > 10
tag - Spro's Romani
amount of thoughts - two hundred and fifty-eight words
ooc - .x.

R O M A N I

Immediately Romani realized that she had startled the golden youth, and she took a step back to give her some space, an apologetic smile crossing her lips. Now that she was closer and could truly examine the mare before her, the Haflinger realized that she was far younger than she had originally thought. She couldn’t have been older than three, or perhaps four years of age… Really, she was just a babe. Not that Romani herself was much older, but that was beside the point. What was she doing, wandering the Threshold all alone?

“I’m terribly sorry,” she started formally, dipping her head in regret, “I didn’t mean to startle you, young one.”

The mare – no, filly – spoke up then, still seeming unsure of Romani’s presence. The said warrior couldn’t blame her; life wasn’t always a blessing, and many could be dealt a cruel hand… She had seen that more than a few times from the creatures she had met. Nayati was a prime example, the poor peppered filly… Shaking her head, azure eyes focused once more upon the golden equine before her, listening with patience and a kind smile. ‘Pardon me,’ the golden femme spoke, her accent making Romani’s head tilt curiously, ‘but, could you please tell me where I am again? By the way, I'm Ambrosine.’ Ambrosine, hm? A unique name… Idly Romani wondered where she had ventured from.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ambrosine. You’re standing in the Threshold of the land of Helovia.” She spoke the name with pride, as contrary to somewho lived here, Romani loved the land she called home. “Is there something I could help you with, dear? You look lost…”

Unregistered

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ambrosine. You're standing in the Threshold of the land of Helovia." Ambrosine tilted her head further before blinking. "He-Helo what?" She asked plainly. Where was she? The first thought of hers was that she'd wandered to an extended branch of land that once belonged to her fathers old herd, the Quintlens. It was not so though. She glanced around frantically, Am I breaking any rules here? She wondered while temporarily transporting her mind into lala-land. The next words packed a punch for they brought her back to her senses. The wind had lulled and the sun was slowly dipping. Noon passed as quick as it had came. "Is there something I could help you with, dear? You look lost..."

Ambrosine smiled. Such a kind equine this one was. "Well. Considering that I'm in this foreign land called Helovia - correct? - I would love some assistance." Her voice came out in a light tone, her accent holding true, as she looked around. Her attention then returned to the smaller horse before her.

muse - 5 > 10
tag - Romani
amount of thoughts - one hundred and ninety-one
ooc -

R O M A N I

Romani chuckled in good humor. “Yes, Helovia.” She answered, her tone holding nothing but kindness. She knew that when it came to meeting others, using the proper tone was crucial. After all, she didn’t want Ambrosine to think she was making fun of her for being confused. That wasn’t the case at all; the palomino mare truly did want to help.

Listening with keen interest, her smile only grew. “Well if you’re looking for somewhere to go, and I can definitely help you with that. There’s different herds here in Helovia… The Windtossed Foothills, the World’s Edge, Dragon’s Throat, and the Aurora Basin, but you’ll do well to stay away from there.” Pausing, the warrior allowed all of that to sink in before going on, paying close attention to Ambrosine’s facial expression to try and read what she was thinking. Perhaps the golden filly would want to return to the Foothills with her? While not much experience with the other herds, Romani couldn’t imagine what might happen to Ambrosine if she stumbled into the Basin… The mere thought made her shudder. Without a horn, she wouldn’t be welcomed into that cold and hospitable land.

“Personally, I hail from the Foothills. It’s a quaint place with plenty of room to stretch your legs and roam, and it’s not terribly far from here… If you’d like, you could accompany me there?” Or, I could point you in the direction of another herdland…?”

[OOC: Sorry, Muffin, not my greatest post ever… XD]

Unregistered

Romani's sudden change of expression when she spoke of this Basin place made Ambrosine's mind wander into "cloud-9 think" mode. She stared at the stocky mare in front of her before asking a question. "What is so bad about the Basin? The way you speak of them implicates that you have some history with them?" She then continued, not bothering to pause. "I suppose I shall journey with you then." Her head swept up and down as she swatted her tail.

Ambrosine positioned herself besides Romani and looked at her uncertainty, unsure of which direction she'd take. "So, the Windtossed Foothills - and I thought my herd had an odd name," Ambrosine paused, holding back a flow of unseen emotion. She gave a sad smile but continued in a joking manner. but tell me more. How did you find them - or vice versa? Ambrosine said, both ears flickering as her maw quivered with noticeable excitement.

muse - 6 > 10
tag - Romani
amount of thoughts - one hundred and sixty five
ooc - nah it's okay. not my best either. c"#

R O M A N I

When Ambrosine moved her golden body to stand next to Romani, the palomino mare smiled encouragingly before turning back to head home to the Foothills. When they set off she paced them at a calm walk. After all, there was no hurry to return home. Ears flicking back to listen to the filly’s question, azure eyes glanced in Ambrosine’s direction before speaking.

“Last Frostfall I wandered into the Threshold, much like you’ve done… I was an adventurer, and honestly I wasn’t looking to settle down and make a home for myself, but things seemed to have a mind of their own. Svetlana, our Chieftess of the Foothills, found me and brought me back, and I’ve been here ever since.” The Haflinger spoke with obvious pride. Oh, she remembered fondly her adventuring days, exploring where her heart desired and not staying in one place for longer than a few days… Now, however, her heart lay here, in Helovia.

“About the Basin, however… It’s full of Unicorns. They’re racist beasts, who will only give their time to those who have horns upon their heads. There’s a few exceptions, of course,” Like Xanthos, who was a prime example, “But the other’s that I’ve met are cruel and merciless.” Turning her head, the Foothills warrior looked to Ambrosine, giving her a serious look. “I’m not saying don’t ever venture there, but if you do; be careful.”

Deciding to change the subject onto more pleasant things, Romani lifted her hooves just a bit higher as she began to sashay forward, slowly picking up her pace from a calm walk to a prancing trot. “I’ll be more than happy to show you around Helovia… Or at least to the places where I’ve been, once we’ve introduced you to the others of the Foothills.”

[OOC: Uuuugh, that post dragged on. XD Sorry… Anyway! If you’d like, you can post in the Updates board to update yourself to a Foothills Civilian, then we can take this to the Foothills. X3]