the Rift

I'm Home [any]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I'm coming home. There is the quiet beat of my wings as I fly in the skies high above the earth, circle downwards the slightest of adjustments, catch thermals and leap onto downdrafts that send me shooting towards the mountains ready to pierce me. Will my herd have missed me? Did they know I had been gone for so long, captured by the ex-Edge? Or did they think I had abandoned them? Evers and Archibald had not sent parties after me to save me. Dear gods, did they miss me? My wings flash a beat downwards. They may be a sparkling white now, but they are still my wings, still huge and ready to glide and fly and spin and dive after years of war practice. The upstroke is firm and unyielding. You can hear the thump of my massive wings for quite a while off the echo of the mountains tall. My home is wet and soggy from the snow melt, but it is my home. I land softly, as always, with a flare of my wings and a slight rear, dropping to my forelegs.

"Foothills! It is I, Svetlana, coming home!" I call. I want to hear their voices and smell their scents, see them, and know they have not been eradicated by the Basin inhabitants. I want to see my herd. There is a squelching sound as I begin to pace through the muddy pit, wet black mud splattering my legs as I trot back and forth. Who will be first? Have they taken care of Nayati?

[Wow that post looks short without a table.]

Jericho Posts: N/A
Unregistered

J E R I C H O
a hero is born from a soul that's forgotten

The stallion jerked his head up with a start, his amber eyes scanning the area around him. Still new to this land, he was unsure just who classified as a familiar face and who was an intruder, aside from the palomino mare who had brought him here in the first place. The voice that had just filled his ears proclaimed that, whoever it belonged to, had returned home. But from where? And how long had they been gone? Better yet, why had they been gone in the first place?

With curiosity piqued, the black dun finished off the sweet grass hanging from his black lips before he turned, and moved into an extended trot towards where he'd heard the voice. It didn't take long for Jericho to find the source; bringing himself up and over a small rising hill, he spotted a pale colored mare descending from the skies, looking somewhat frantic as she scanned the horizon. What was she looking for?

It was with slight hesitation that the young stallion pressed forward, dropping his head somewhat so as not to appear as threatening. He was a good hand or more taller than her, he could tell, and while his size alone might be imposing to some, there wasn't a mean bone in his lumbering body. When he had come closer, he drew to a stop, and regarded the older Pegasus with a look of respect. "Hello, umm... Svetlana?" He spoke up, seeming to cock his head to the side a bit, hoping he hadn't butchered her name. "My name is Jericho; I'm new to the Foothills. Who are you?" He paused then, "Err, umm... you know, I know your name, but..."

[Image: Jericho-1.png]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

It was a quiet day in the Foothills, a day for relaxation and peace. Romani had been lounging underneath a collection of trees when she heard the beat of wings echoing through the area, followed by a cry of a voice she could hardly remember. ‘Foothills! It is I, Svetlana, coming home!’ The palomino mare immediately shot up to her feet, quite an admirable skill for one of her compact stature, and a broad smile crossed her lips as she tossed her head. Svetlana was home! She had returned to them! Oh, how Nayati would be thrilled to see her mother!

With a shrill whinny and a small rear, Romani took off towards where she spotted her Chieftess land, paced at a lope. Azure eyes took noticed that Jericho, the youth she had found and brought home from the Threshold only a short time ago, was there, standing awkwardly as if unsure of himself in Svetlana’s presence. Slowing to a calm walk once she was close enough, Romani spoke, remembering to keep herself held poised for her leader. She came to a stop some distance away from Jericho.

“Svetlana, my Lady… It’s so good to see you again. Welcome home.” The warrior said, dipping her head with utmost respect. “I’m relieved to see you’re alright.”

[OOC: Short post is pretty short... Sorry. XD]

Unregistered
The first to come is a walking pegasus. It throws me off for a moment, for whom would walk while they could be soaring in the skies? It's quite strange indeed. I study him with a sharp eye, ruffle my wings slightly intimidatingly. I admit it- I was trying to unnerve this black stallion a bit. If he had stood taller and straighter, I might have thought him army material. But he didn't. He slumped a touch. I didn't say anything- if he was a warrior, he was Archibald's business to shape up and whip into right proper form. Especially with the battles that will be coming soon.

But it is Romani who catches my eye next. I count her among my friends, as I do with any of the Foothills, but there is a bond that can be formed with the leading of one home, which I like to think I have forged with the palomino. Once I had thought her an unlikely warrior- now she walks straighter and more confidently than she once did, a fact I immediately note and with a touch of surprise, I smile at her, not ignoring the stumbletongue boy, but paying closer attention to a friend. "Romani, friend. I have missed our homeland. Pray tell, how has it faired without me?" I speak honestly and simply, not implying anything of incompetence in my absence with Archibald and Evers, simply stating a question of its wellness. Have the ones doing nothing been weeded out? Has anyone else been stolen? Surely not, otherwise I would have seen them.

I turn my attention back to the stuttering black horse and I let a smile warm my features for him. "I am Svetlana the Stormchaser, Chieftess and pegasus overseer, Jericho." I pause, letting my consciousness divide between the two. "I was taken captive by the ex-Edge. It was not a pleasant experience, but with the help of a mare named Mandrake from our herd, I escaped. Unfortunately, the ex-Edge have claimed new territory for themselves with the help of a god, and I will say I am afraid their forces are stronger than us. We are a small herd, and unfortunately, closest to them. I should speak to Archibald and Evers on their whereabouts and defense plans." I do not mention I have seen Evers. In the Thistle Meadow.

"If you two could help to recruit members from the Threshold, I'm sure that will help us in the coming times of what can only be battle, not peace."

Jericho Posts: N/A
Unregistered

J E R I C H O
a hero is born from a soul that's forgotten

When the mare ruffled her ivory wings in his direction, the stallion did give a jolt, his uncertainty only magnifying at her actions. A jumpy creature he was, far from the fighter he would never be. But she seemed otherwise uninterested in him when the Haflinger called Romani came striding up to them, all smiles and excitement as she addressed the other Pegasus as her lady. He had no yet familiarized himself with those holding ranked positions within the herd, but now, it was obvious that Svetlana was among one of them.

Quietly he stood as the two mares spoke, listening intently as the words were exchanged. The title of Stormchaser was something that had drawn him in, pulling endless thoughts and scenarios into his head about how she might have obtained such a title. Did she really chase storms? Did she have bad luck whenever lightning struck? Did storms chase her? Unintentionally, he leaned closer as Svetlana spoke of an 'Ex-Edge' group having taken her captive. An interesting thing indeed, and despite the millions of questions forming in his whirling mind, he managed to keep his mouth shut for now. He was certain that if the other Pegasus had just recently escaped, the last thing she wanted to talk about was of her captivity.

At the mention of recruiting new members to the herd, the stallion's head seemed to snap back up. From what he had seen so far, the Foothills was truly lacking in numbers, and could use a bit of tender loving care. It wasn't his place to say so out loud, however, so he merely nodded his head, seeming to dance in his spot with excitement. "Oh, I can help with that," he spoke up with obvious enthusiam, "I'll nab everyone that comes through!"

[Image: Jericho-1.png]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

Romani’s eyes roamed over the form of her Chieftess, taking in her familiar features. While it hadn’t been too terribly long ago that she had last seen Svetlana, she could remember the Pegasus mare looking far healthier and filled out. Perhaps it was fault of wherever she had been…? Regardless, Romani was positively delighted that Svetlana was back with them. Now, things could continue… The Foothills could grow stronger and thrive with all of its leaders in place.

At Svetlana’s warm endearment, calling her a ‘friend’, Romani’s smile softened to one more familiar, one less formal. Letting her head dip somewhat, the warrior spoke softly. “And we have missed you, my Lady,” She said, unable to quell the joy which bundled in her breast, “Things haven’t been the same since you’ve gone… But, we’ve managed. Your little one, Nayati… She’s missed you terribly, but now that you’re home I know she’ll be delighted. I’ve been watching out for her, making sure that she’s alright in your absence. I’m sure she’s grown quite a bit since then, as well.” The Haflinger chuckled softly at that, all in good sense.

It was Svetlana’s next words that threw her for a loop. The Basin had been responsible for the StormChaser’s capture? A feeling of dread suddenly overtook the red mare, but she tried to push it aside. Xanthos resided in the Basin, and he had known that she hailed from the Foothills… Had it simply slipped his mind to mention that his herd had stolen her beloved leader? Had stolen an innocent filly’s adoptive mother? Then again, the grullo stallion was not the type to steal another soul… She couldn’t imagine him harming anyone, either. Perhaps the Basin had acted upon their own accord, stealing Svetlana away without Xanthos’ knowledge. A conflict of emotions struggled for supremacy, but with one deep, shuddering inhale, she let them pass. This was a time for joy and happiness… She could dwell upon Xanthos’ possible involvement later.

“I’ve heard about those that live in the Basin,” Romani commented with a snort, ears swiveling slightly and tipping back in displeasure, “And I’ve had the unfortunate privilege to meet one of their most unsavory members. A bitch mare, calling herself Elizabeth. Knowing what they’re like… My Lady, I’m beyond relieved to see you back and in one piece.”

Svetlana’s next words were orders, and Romani knew better than to deny them. Not that she would… Helping in the growth and development of the Foothills was something she greatly approved of. At Jericho’s eager acceptance to the idea of helping out, the Haflinger couldn’t help but smile and chuckle softly once more. He was a kindred, soft soul, this ebony Pegasus… He would be good here, she surmised.

“We will both do our best to help the Foothills grow, Svetlana. You have our word.”

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[ooc- Elope, should I join the thread and heal Svetlana here?]

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati
you show me how to see that nothing is whole and nothing is broken

Over the past few weeks, Nayati had grown. Though not nearly as much as a filly her age should, she would always remain frail and tiny. The pink puckered scar was an atrocious reminder of her terrible life before Momma Lana had found her. Even if she did grow it would remain large on her little body, but Nayati was oblivious to her personal appearance. Abby and Roma had taken good care of her, trying to bring her out of her shell of fear and distrust. Their play day in the mud had strengthened the cinnamon spotted babe's tie with the wonderful Abby. They were like her surrogate mothers or aunts. Even so, every morning Nayati would return to the spot she had awoken to find Svetlana missing, hoping she would return. 

Thin little legs carried her unsurely through the hardening mud to find one of her two protectors. Romani was normally easiest to find, but Abdullah was so kind that Nayati found she was growing just as comfortable around her. Beating of wings made her dash to the nearest tree, huddling lower as ruby brown eyes searched the skies nervously. Nothing could be seen, but she was hesitant nonetheless. Then a voice called out, strong and sure and heartbreakingly familiar. 

Svetlana.

Knees felt weak as she stumbled away from the hard bark against her side. Scarred legs trembled as they brought her staggering towards the voice she had dreamed about since the day she left. A small gaggle of pegasi and equine alike had gathered around their missing leader, blocking her from Nayati's view. Romani was speaking with a smile with the pegasus, words that were muted and fuzzy as the leopard spotted child zoned in completely and solely on Svetlana. 

Size came in handy as she slipped between a strange ebony stallion and Romani. Eyes never leaving the black eyes she remembered even as she brushed past the one who had taken her in. It wasn't on purpose, she loved Romani. But she was consumed by the need to be reunited with Svetlana. Worry gnawed at her heart, and she worried she would succumb to one of her panic attacks. What if Svetlana didn't remember her? Didn't want or love her anymore?

So the filly screwed up and stored every bit of courage in her breast as she cleared the brush of bodies and stated up at her angel. This was her mother. Her real mother, not the horrible abuser of her past. Abby and Roma had explained so much to her, and she spilled out every bit of strength into revealing the one name she wanted to call Svetlana for the rest of her life. "M-Mommy?" Tiny frail whisper leaving her lips as she stood, tiny and uncertain, before the ebony accented mare. Lips stretching into a loving smile, eyes tearing up. Taking one more little step forward, wishing to be drawn close like they used to hold each other. Still not wanting to pressure Svetlana, her fears still whispering maliciously in her ears. 

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Unregistered

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
"Elizabeth is not a pleasant one to deal with, certainly." I respond to Romani, a foul taste in my mouth as I remember the mare who had no qualms with displaying her racism. "I appreciate your enthusiasm, Jericho. I'm sure you will do well with Romani."

I am distracted by Nayati. My Nayati, my precious, young, sweet girl who deserves so much more than me leaving her so quickly after I gained her trust. I leap into action, trotting swiftly and long-strided, towards my frail filly, sweep her to my side with a silver wing, overjoyed beyond words for seeing her again, for loving her again, for my dear little one being here with me.

I want to cry out with joy, and run away. What if she doesn't care for me any longer? Has someone else taken on the role of mother when I have been gone? It wouldn't be fair! She is my daughter. You are Stormchaser. Do not act so petty. I twist my head over to nuzzle her tenderly, missing my sweet sweet girl. "I'm sorry baby. I never would have left you willingly, understand?"

do you really understand where you're going with me?
let me tell you
you just have to trust me