the Rift

Seeking an Aquaintance[Closed; Midas]

Tisco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Tisco trotted along. His dark bay form was visible during the day, especially against the light sand of the Endless Blue. He had returned from his failed attempt at persuading Histe to use her magic on him. But he thought he still had a chance with Midas, despite their bad past. His hooves dug into the sand, a salty breeze stung his eyes. He turned from the clear blue waters and began to canter. With a swift pace he reached the edge of the beach in no time. He turned around and began to walk back down the beach.

Tisco planned out what he would do if he saw Midas. He continued trotting along, thinking deeply about the matter. Finally he decided what to do, but he needed to run into the stallion before he said or did anything. Tisco dug his hooves into the sand, stopping himself from going any further. He looked into the sky, hoping to see that one black and white pegasus soaring above him, but he saw nothing but a few clouds and the sun. He sighed and lowered his head, trying to clear his mind.

OOC Sorry, very short post. I had to squeeze the few drops of Tisco muse out.
WC: 193
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I walked the length of the surf, a rush of cold water hitting my ankles and causing slight chill and pleasure in the same instant. My wings felt heavy and muscles weary from flying toward the mountains in my monthly need for mediation and prayer; soreness was why I walked now. Worship had been the reason for this particular venture from home.

Many questions continued to linger, they swam until each decided to make me more dizzy than the first. I couldn’t help but wonder if the lord of earth took pity when staring at his soil bound children in their everyday struggles; a smile tugged lips apart when a responding caress of wind gave the impression that heaven was indeed listening.

A familiar presence trailed past my ears before fleeing to the sky. Fina soared away; I enjoyed watching her with a tilted skull to get better vantage. Like any proud parent or friend I was enjoying her growth cycles almost as much as Cera’s, both seemed to gain strength and inches with each new sun.

She was no longer the strange, awkward creature that hatched from a cream shell as a wet fledgling; instead the phoenix was lovely to behold in her youthful appearance. Feathers the color of a sunset—topaz, crimson and violet melted along delicate wings and tail. Streamline body was growing quickly and gaining more speed.

“Soon…you will be strong enough to fly with me,” I thought with a smile, though she couldn’t hear or understand this the soft nicker that followed was welcomed with a light chirp.

I glanced down, orbs trailing the beach and taking notice of a motionless figure lingering beside the water. My limbs slowed, but not out of hesitation; simple curiously and wisdom taught not to just approach every person that crossed path. Instead, I inhaled deeply, salty air filling my lungs and with it carrying a musky scent I would know even in the middle of sleep.

A disgusted grunt thrust out, I knew who this beast was without having seen the color of pelt. Legs straightened and wings tightened their relaxed hold across my sides, my head arched proudly but somehow without arrogance. Despite wanting to turn away and find different way or escape into the sky with a flying companion I pushed on.

Unwilling to let this annoying brute change my chosen path, I frowned and didn’t bother dipping head when the distance between closed. My teeth ground together while a not so pleasant, “Good day,” slipped out. Maybe I ought to have spoken in a more respectful, friendly tone…but the last two meetings with the bay had left a bitter taste lingering in my mouth that no amount of water could wash out.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
The sound of hoof steps me wonder, is this who I think it is?. When I turned my bay head towards the sound I was delighted to see who it was."Ahh! Midas, just the stallion I was looking for!" My attitude was surprisingly perky, considering my past with this stallion."I'm greatly sorry about my attitude in the Throat and in the Field. I apologize greatly, and hopefully we can start off anew?" Tisco's true side was beginning to show. A side he very rarely showed to anyone but his kingdom, back when he was the king's secretary.

I opened my maw, the words slipped out quickly. Kindness was brushed upon every syllable."I'm still grieving over my dear king's loss. Although you may think I'm a snobby and stubborn stallion it's only because I was trying to please at least one of the horses in the Fields. Please forgive me,"I couldn't even believe what I was saying. My stomach lurched, and anticipation gripped me tightly. I wanted to see if I had chosen the correct words, if the words I had spoken had caught the black and white studs' attention. I looked to see a bird-like creature by his side, I had heard of them before. That's a pheonix I do believe. Or is it a zephyr? My thoughts bounced around my skull, giving me a small headache. I tilt my head to see the creature better, taking note of the beautiful sunset colored feathers and the great beauty of the creature all together. "Quite a lovely companion you have there."I comment, the words seemed to have escaped my mouth without me even taking notice. I was hoping to soon get this stallion to be my friend, but for now we were just 'acquaintances'.

[[First first-person post! Tell me if I totally failed or not. xP]]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Scorn or perhaps an angry scowl was to be expected in return for harsh greeting and an intended bypass. Instead a bright, almost cheerful, "Ahh! Midas, just the stallion I was looking for!" came with sticky sweet lolls, cutting off my own intentions. It was nearly laughable that he knew my title and I was still unaware of his, but no matter. Ashy ears flicked back; obvious surprise had etched an unreadable expression across my unusually cold features. Feet gave him a moment’s pause--which of course was all said mister needed to lay words across table. Confusing lad spoke as if we had been best buds this whole time, never finding different ideals or life in general to cause reason for quarrel.

An apology rattled out in record time, before I had even a chance to squeak. I stood by—forced into a tight speechless state. Obvious desperation had caused this meeting to unfold, and with it leaving me to wonder if my lord was sending a sign of his displeasure. Had I done something to anger the heavens? They kept sending me this fool of a lad, who now sought to kiss ass with a request surely following all dramatic change of heart. Frowning deeply… I listened quietly, but with forced respect until stag finished his onslaught of personal information and turned to a skyborn Fina.

Was I falling prey to a common mortal sin and judging to quickly?

Honeyed pits continued to stare at him with everlasting distaste, I wondered if something was amiss within that scrabbled brain, “Your apology is received,” statement lacked biting edge but retained a cooling effect. No warmness would grace my tone for this fiend today, but I would offer my two cents of advice for future gatherings, "Try to impress all, you will end up impressing none and befriending even less." Shuffling feet pushed around swells of sand, my body angled sideways with intent upon ending our conversation on good terms before a souring could take place.

Unregistered
I nodded my head at Midas's advice."Have I told you my name?"I thought hard before realizing I never had."Why I haven't! Well I'm Tisco." A smiled was spread across my face before I realized how foolish I must be. The reason I was here with Midas was because I needed him to use his storm magic on me. So I began to speak, the words slipped through my mouth slower then the last."Midas, do you remember the offer I gave everyone back in the Fields? The one where I would protect you or help you in anyway I could?"My blue orbs stare deeply at the stallion, waiting for him to answer. I scratch my hooves against the sand, pushing it around before the water snatches it from me.

My icy blue pools seem to constantly flicker to the sunset colored bird. Watching the lovely marvel fly in the sky was fantastic, and I couldn't help but long for a companion. Or the prince My thoughts rung throughout my head, memories of the young child flicked through to mind, haunting me. They reminded me of the past I so greatly feared. I turn back to Midas, trying to get those images out of my head. My happy attitude seemed to have faded away with the memories, and sorrow seems to take hold for the moment. I try to shake the feeling but it won't go away. I was meant to protect the prince once his parents died. But I had lost him. I hadn't been there for him when I should have. I blink a few times, trying to rid myself of this sorrow. I glance back at the pegasus, waiting for his response.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
My attempts at leaving obviously were not forward enough. This conversation wouldn’t end with a clean slate and accepted apology. Oh no… because said boy seemed to have more than a few screws loose in that head of his. I flinched visibly when he moved to offer more words. Eyes rolled back into my head until I was surely witnessing forelock in the process of growth, a snort grumbled forth in acknowledgement to offered title. My lips started to part with a closing statement resting upon the tip of tongue, but he sought to intervene and thus my words were lost.

"Midas, do you remember the offer I gave everyone back in the Fields? The one where I would protect you or help you in anyway I could?"

How could I easily forget? “In exchange for my compliance in helping you obtain magic?” Was this how the gods felt? Battered with the same request from brash company that bore two faces, it was a wonder that they didn’t smite us all for our own stupidity and foolish desires. Unyielding in tone I soften the edge and say, “Do not take me for a fool, I have seen your hearts reflection on multiple instances.”

Did Tisco seriously think I would buy into this conversation so easily?

Tongues could easily fly with lies as well as hate when drove into desperation, “I have a request for you,” there was no telling that the bay would complete what I was about to demand happen; in fact this granting offer would run off of faith alone. He had the choice of deceiving me, but to break a contract would drop his level far below the respect I gave dirt and the worms that crawled within.

“When you obtain whatever power you seek, find one that you believe a lesser being, humble yourself to them for a single day; do as they bid,” I paused, allowing my words to sink in. Goal was to teach this stud a lesson in humility, “Swear to this request and I will fulfill what you demand of me.”

Unregistered
I smile, listening to Midas' words. His anger still seemed to linger, and although I tried to lighten the mood he seemed to try and weigh it back down. My maw opens up as I speak, the words from my mouth seem serious and friendly."Well then, Midas. I swear I shall do as you ask, and will seek out a lesser to do tasks for." The corners of my lips remain curled upward as I listen to his advice."I thank you for your words of wisdom, and will remember them in the future." I bow my head, staring at the black and white stallion. His wings were grand, and I wished I could have wings. To soar away and never return. My attention goes from Midas to the sparkling blue waters of the Endless Blue. If only I could fly straight into the sky and never touch earth again. I could search the lands far and wide for my missing prince. If only I could. I sigh, my breath escaping my lungs like rain falls from the clouds. With my blue orbs I stared at the white sand beneath my hooves, letting the cool water pull the sand into the open sea.

Most of my attention reverted back to Midas, while my thoughts still wandered. His body was muscular like that of a soldier. If only I had been strong enough to save my prince. Dammit, stop thinking about him altogether. I scold myself, why must I continually think about him? He seems to be the only thing on my mind these days. Other than my quest, which I had yet to complete. I stare at Midas, waiting for him to either use his magic on me or walk away not trusting me.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
I wonder. Would he actually do this task or later brush it off as a pawn move on the board of life—gained only to play me into being a merciful fool. Only time would tell, but his next set of words do nothing to lighten heart or offer the familiar comfort of assurance. A swear that felt almost as dry as our desert. This wasn’t an honorable creature….that much was apparent. Still. What could a weary general do?

I nodded, plainly and without emotion.

"I thank you for your words of wisdom, and will remember them in the future."

A not so polite huff follows, my frown deepens. Well—time to get this going. Standing around talking wasn’t going to get me home very fast at all. Wondering where to begin I curiously pop a question, “Remind me of the task at hand…do I simply attack you and expect a
countering?”
Since we had struck a deal, I called upon the threads of power within.

Sand pooled around feet, almost lifelike with the way it slithered along earth before rising up like the head of serpent. The makeup was of fine granules, and within the heart were flakes of my personal element. Gold. It glistened in the sun. It rose in height taking the shape of a splashing wave that circled legs and body both. I held it up, watching the swirls innocently twist and turn.

Fina screeched from above, finding reason for alarm. She knew that Midas never used his magic except in the neediest of situations. Narrowing orbs peered at Tisco hatefully, bitterly wondering why in the world her bonded was socializing with this creature. He obviously wasn’t happy, and now called upon talent for aid. Body dipped down, talons gripping hard when she had touched the flesh along back. A sharp and accusing hiss emerged, wings flaring and body lowering as if to attack. Little specks of flame emerged along her spine and down each wing. I turned then, murmuring gently, “All is well. “

Unregistered
My ears are kept towards Midas as I listen to him. Once he was done speaking I open my maw to speak."We do not fight. You are to keep me in your sandstorm for a few moments before stopping it. I will not counter your attack." I stare at Midas, my green pools watched as the companion of Midas, a zephyr, or, a pheonix, went what seemed like into a fit of rage. It was screeching and flapping about. Is something wrong? Did Midas or I say something to anger it? I shake the thoughts off, catching Midas speak a few words gently to his companion. Clearly she was mad. For what reason? I didn't know. I shuffle closer to Midas, watching as his sand crept along, like the motions of a snake.

I feel fear grip at my stomach, which was doing flip flops and somersaults at the moment. But at the same time I'm excited, seemingly bouncing around inside. I wanted my magic, but I still had three other horses to speak with. Remember, keep your eyes and mouth closed during the storm, keep your ears back and try to keep sand out of your nose. I recite my plans in my head before looking up a Midas, and then I spoke, my words were few."I'm ready."

I brace myself, waiting for the sand to wrap around my body. I could already imagine the pain it would cause. I can't seek medical help until after I receive my magic. I must wait until I brave all three storms. Only then will I be able to gain my magic and receive help from a healer. I wait, my eyes closed and my ears back. I tried to keep my nostrils as small as I could. My mouth was as tight as I could keep it, and I waited even longer.

[[The last paragraph is really bad, sorry. ^^;]]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
It was far too late for backing out, though the thought did happen to cross mind. The bay gave instructions and peered at me expectantly, his body braced itself; prepping for what havoc this power would surely bring. Sand wasn’t a soft texture, even if it could be rather supporting and comfortable when desired—it was normally sharp, tiny stones that caused little to no pain when moving slowly with lazy intent.

When sped up though, it became like a whip; lashing, biting, snapping at flesh.

I urged a faster pace, the spinning around this body rose, higher until my frame was nearly hidden within a protected center of a handcrafted tornado. The eye of the storm. "I'm ready." I seriously doubted his simple statement. It was like saying one was ready to fly without wings, or cleave stone without edge.

The swirling storm only increased in size, wind whistled and howled. My eyes slithered and forehoofs dug deep within giving earth. Concentration on feeding energy to a bellowing beast drew every last ounce of strength from this moment. This was the first time I had seen my power rise to nearly full capacity, and it surely wasn’t to be the last.

Fina looked on from between shoulders, silent—possibly struck with wonder, I couldn’t tell. Finally, the tornado broke and instead shifted into the shape of a wave that circled upon itself. Up and up, over and over. One could get dizzy from watching. What happened next was similar to how the surf was rocked by a powerful wave.

The torrent came down. Driven by force and gravity, the blast sank and swirled into Tisco without sign of mercy or restraint. Lifeless forms couldn’t offer any, and there was no way this task could be gentled in the slightest. When my tornado formed, there was no center, only lashing sand in every inch of available space. After a little I withdrew, slowly, allowing each granule to fall lifeless in turn. Until they all slithered back to the soil from whence I had called.

Unregistered
The feeling. Tiny flecks of sand hitting you at high speeds it horrible. A few specks of sand hitting you at slow speeds is nothing, but piles of it at high speeds it pure torture. The sand dug into my flesh, and as I breathed in, it got into my lungs. I resisted the urge to cough. Tiny golden grains pelted me, cutting me up. Small droplets of blood began to leak from certain areas of my skin as the sand swirled around me. I wanted to scream out as a few grains were able to squeeze their way into my eye. All I could think about was pain. Pain. Pain. All this pain. I was ready to drop dead when Midas withdrew the storm. Thank god. Any longer and I surely would've died. I grunt, moving my now sand covered legs. I shook off the remaining blood and sand off myself best I could.

"Midas, I thank you very much for your help. I now owe you a favor." I smile as best I could, before tilting my large head down towards the sand and coughing. Small grains flew from my mouth, and some remained in my throat and lungs. I stumbled forward, hacking a bit more before stepping into the water. I waded out, deeper and deeper. All the way until the cool waters were up to my throat. There I dipped my head in, my vision still blurry from those few grains that had flown in. I tried to rinse all the sand and blood off my body.

The pain remained in my thoughts. It wouldn't leave my mind or body alone. It was going to stay here for a while. I grunted, the pain was almost unbearable. I wade back to shore, repeating the same words again, bowing my head this time. "Thank you, Midas."
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
It felt good to stretch magic, test its limits. Each muscle in my body was engaged and pulled tighter than tendons felt willing to go, and this wasn’t a bad thing. Just as frame needed movement and interaction to remain healthy, so did powerful talent. Never before had I used these abilities to harm another creature; even brash, seemingly stupid ones.

Usually I tried to put my talents into use for defense and aid. My face was strained, and despite feeling a small amount of delight at seeing energy pushed in unearthly ways firsthand……there was no pleasure in sensing each flake shred a small amount of flesh from his hide. I would be lying to myself and to this brash stallion if my soul was to say no amount of guilt drifted into my frame when these eyes beheld what damage a little tornado could do.

Suddenly I felt ashamed for giving in to this task, harming an unarmed man held no honor; and wasn’t I attempting to live the life of an honorable man? With a tired tug I had released him and dropped every handful back to the cold ground in regret. My gaze turned away in disgust mostly directed toward self when he stumbled from the mass, shaking to rid body of my element. I could smell the blood, taste it upon my tongue as if I had marked him with teeth.

"Midas, I thank you very much for your help. I now owe you a favor."
Still…the lad had handled this with the slightest of bravery; he didn’t cry out in pain or scream for mercy. Warrior’s blood coursed in those veins, it gave strength when there was none. I wouldn’t say this or even acknowledge an ounce of respect for him, he asked for my power out of selfish desire.

"Thank you, Midas."

A snort slipped past my inner pondering and guilt, he was thanking me now? “Save your breath,” I heard myself rasp, “and thanks, just do as you swore and this debt will be paid.” Limbs shifted body to pull my frame as far from this place as possible. Other important matters needed my attention; I had wasted enough time here already.

OOC: Midas exits. Don't forget to put closed in the title <'3

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
[[OOC: Thank you Angel! <3]]
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."