the Rift

The Child

Balé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A nice breeze rifled through the trees, and ruffled Balé's mane and tail. Birds flew about, chirping pleasantly. Honeysuckle filled the air and it whirled around him as he stood in the forest. Everything was so alive. The trees were greener, the grass more full, and the flowers blooming. The sun shone through the trees and rays of light fell around him as he wandered through the woodland.
He was feeling playful and decided to scamper around, it was a wonderful day after all. From his meandering walk he picked up a brisk trot and flung his head in the air. Every few steps or so he flailed his legs and haphazardly combined small bucks with his movement as he went along. His tail streamed behind him.
After a period of this nonsense of movement only a child would partake in, Balé came to the idea that a run would be the most fun. Instantaneously he rocked back on his haunches and leapt into the air, pushing off of the ground so hard that he tore the grass apart. Each stride was bigger than the last; legs were flying every which way (it's a wonder they didn't get tangled up underneath him.) The youngster galloped around like this for a few minutes or so before finding a small clearing where he chose to take a rest. He wasn't quite ready for too much strenuous activity yet and sometimes he overestimated himself.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

“It seems you and I are growing quite close, hmm, Threshold?” It was a rhetorical question that she spoke only to herself, stepping lightly through the ever-growing forest that profusely inhabited in Helovia’s Threshold. This was becoming a regular thing, leaving the Foothills to venture into the Threshold… Now, however, she had a purpose. With Svetlana’s return to the herd and her newly given orders to recruit as many new individuals as possible, the warrior took this to heart. That is what brought her to the forest today; to try and find new creatures to bring home with her to the Foothills.

Ears perked and eyes wide to capture anything from sights to sounds, the Haflinger mare wandered further through the trees, smiling to herself when the breeze played with her tousled cream mane. It was a nice day to be out and about, that was for sure. It definitely beat the hostility of winter. With a soft nicker of joy, she tossed her head and picked up her pace to a trot. It was then that she breached the trees to a small clearing, and spotted what she had been least expecting, immediately stopping in her tracks.

In the clearing was a young colt, but despite his age he was quite a massive build. Romani took in his earthen colors, the brown and white of his Painted coat, and then offered him a soft smile. Already she could tell that this colt would be quite the size when he was full grown. Regardless, she hoped that she had not startled him when trotting into the field.

“Hello there, dear,” the palomino said kindly, lowering her head slightly to appear less threatening. “What are you doing out here, all alone? I hope I didn’t startle you…”

Unregistered
OOC: He's going to be 14.1 HH when full grown so not that tall and will be slightly smaller than the average Vanner in build.
Hello there dear. What are you doing out here, all one? I hope I didn't startle you..." the palomino mare spoke kindly to him.
"Hi," Balé said timidly. He shuffled uncomfortably; the mare was looking intently at him. The little colt didn't like the scrutiny. The small clearing was just as peaceful as it had been yet there was a shift in the atmosphere. The rays still shone down on him and the leaves still rustled with a honeysuckle breeze but it was more uncomfortable than peaceful. He was awkward enough as it was. The baby didn't always know what to do.
"You didn't startle me," he said as he looked down and hid his face, "Alone...I....I...I..." He didn't know how to respond. What was appropriate to say? He was wary of this mare, he had just met her after all. Balé still had the child mentality that he only completely trusted his mother, because that's all he'd been exposed to, but he didn't have a mother anymore.

R O M A N I

The Foothills warrior paused and then her smile softened. In her eyes a child his age shouldn’t be out alone, but perhaps his parents weren’t around anymore… Much like Nayati, the poor girl, who had been dropped off outside of Helovia and left to die by her bitch mother. Regardless, Romani would make sure that she kept a kind and soft tone, and didn’t move to fast as not to startle the poor thing.

She watched, pleased, as the colt spoke to her, but then abruptly he lowered his head as if to hide, seeming terribly uncertain with himself. Of course, Romani didn’t blame him. When she had been a filly, trusting strangers wasn’t exactly something she was good at doing… The only ones she had trusted were her mother, father, and her herdmates. If anything this boy had good sense to follow his instincts; some creatures in Helovia were brash and arrogant and chose to ignore those very instincts, and later would come to regret that.

“It’s alright,” The Haflinger said with reassurance, taking a small step towards the spotted colt with soft eyes, “You don’t have to be afraid, I won’t hurt you. My name is Romani, of the Foothills here in Helovia. Young one, if you’d like, I can offer you a place to stay…? There’s plenty to eat, and fresh water to drink, and there are even those that will romp through the fields in play with you.” The compact mare was, of course, not going to force the young thing into making any decision he didn’t want to make. While she wouldn’t be surprised if he declined her offer, she hoped that he would accept. After all, there were those that stalked these lands with far more ill intentions than hers.

Unregistered
“You don’t have to be afraid, I won’t hurt you. My name is Romani, of the Foothills here in Helovia. Young one, if you’d like, I can offer you a place to stay…? There’s plenty to eat, and fresh water to drink, and there are even those that will romp through the fields in play with you.”
Balé looked up at her, the sunlight was now directly in his eyes. He tried to see her expression through half closed eyelids. Everything was so white; nothing was visible. He slowly, cautiously, unfolded his legs from underneath himself and stood tall, all 12.1 hands of him. She became clear now. Her expression was sincere, or it looked so.
Food, water, and maybe even friends? It sounds...too good.
How he wished that he knew more, that he wasn't such a child. Though it was against his judgement, for he had no better judgement knowing practically nothing of life, he thought it best if he went with her however unsure. What is the worst that could happen? At least he had a destination now, food. And maybe friends? That would almost be too much for the young colt but oh how he longed for friends. He walked toward her, slowly and shaking. The closer he came the more violently he shook. His footing was uncertain; when he was only a few strides away he stumbled most noticeably. The embarrassed boy actually lifted his face this time, much to his surprise. If he was to accept her, this offer, he was at least going to see it in the face. Whatever came he accepted it.
I....I...I will come with you."

R O M A N I

Romani watched with gentle eyes as the colt approached her, shaking and stumbling. He was still afraid of her, it seemed, but that was alright. It was okay to fear the unknown, and that is what she was; unknown to him. Still, the mare kept her smile calm and soft, her tone welcoming whenever she spoke. Younglings like this needed care and guidance, to feel welcome and reassured that what they were doing was okay, and that they wouldn’t be harmed or looked down upon by their decisions in life.

“Very good,” She responded at last, giving a nod of her head, azure eyes finally turning away from the colt. Turning slightly on her haunches, the mare gave a flick of her head for the colt to follow. “Come along, sweetheart, the Foothills aren’t far off. If you get tired or would like to stop for a drink along the way, just let me know, hm?”

[OOC: Sorry for the wait, dear. XD If you’d like, you can post in the updates to get your status changed Windtossed Foothills Colt. And then you’re free to post wherever you’d like, once that’s changed! :D]

Unregistered
Although Balé was still unsure this decision seemed right. "Very good," the mare said to him, signaling him to follow. "Come along, sweetheart, the Foothills aren’t far off. If you get tired or would like to stop for a drink along the way, just let me know, hm?”
He followed her, trailing just behind. The poor colt just had no direction. He needed to be cared for; the lifestyle he was living wasn't a healthy one. Something a youngling needs is to know where their food is coming from or when they will find clean water next. Although he was happy, for what young colt could truly be bogged down with things such as reality, he needed guidance and security even if he didn't always see it that way.
So they started the trek to the Foothills. Balé was extremely excited to go. It was the right thing.

[ooc, that's fine! And I'd love that! Do I still follow you or? And do you go to a website to make the tables and such? I'm new to the whole coding thing. Haha.]

[OOC: It's alright! :P Have you posted in the Updates board? If not, I can post there for you. :D Also, here's a link for the Table HTML we use here on Helovia --->

CLICK ME!:D If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, okay? I'll be on most of the night!]

Unregistered
[ooc, Updates board? Haha, I'm super new here so I'm not completely familiar with everything yet. Oh okay thank you! And will do. c: ]