the Rift

{finally home..? {Romani+Open to others}

Ambrosine Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

What I "say", do, and think.

The journey ahead of the two mares had once seemed daunting, but now it was worth it. Or at least to Ambrosine's eyes; Romani must have made the trip on numerous occasions. The dun youth's face was a lit with a new hope and a new happiness that seemed to appear out of the air. Air formed around her, it toyed with her mane and tail letting it fly in every direction; it was a scene from a fairy tale. Ambrosine's smile broadened before she came to a slow halt besides Romani. "Those unicorns. I'd like to meet then one day." She said in a wise tone, all her focus on the rolling hills in front of her. The vix turned her head to Romani, she arched it down to meet the ponies gaze. "I'd love to travel around for sometime, but I'm ready to try something new. I've been... On my own for a year. My family -" Ambrosine shook her head and gave a wistful smile.

The wind left as quickly as it had came. "Uhm. So, what about this herds ranking system and leaders, etc?" If this was going to be her new home, Ambrosine would have to know whom her new family would be. She thought to herself quietly, the suns diminishing rays shining on her back. This place looked spectacular in the sunsets light. If Ambrosia had the ability to somehow draw, she'd definitely find a way to paint this breath-taking scene.

muse - 6 > 10
tag - Romani & OTHERS. Open thread. 83
amount of thoughts - two hundred and fifty four
ooc - yey~ Ami finally has a home.

Abdullah Posts: N/A
Unregistered

It was undecided if I was happy and content with this place. Oh it was wonderful to look at and filled with the loveliest friend I'd ever had, Romani, but there was something so wasteful about it. Life thrived in nature but was slow to accompany me in my own kind. The flesh of an equid. Technically saying equine would refer to one such as myself, bare without a bone thrusting from my head and ground bound without delightful wings. So equid is a broader term, much more appealing to the way I feel. It would be awful if I was just as judgemental as the Basin unicorns. Their mythical appearance somewhat intimidating but I had yet to meet them all before I could judge so. Perhaps I am racist in calling them mythical, even the winged too, but it is true. They are unoriginal. They are not plan, far from being normal. Unique could describe them, only for the first few times, as now they've become popular and less at demand. Less in rarity.

Even to consider, they are powerful just as I. The smell of another was also powerful, indulging as I trot around the border of my home. It was strong and new, with a tag along of... Romani! Oh boy. I've missed seeing her face. As I've rose to a diplomat position she has made herself worthy as a warrior, or so the tree's say. A dun caught my eye and as my blue orbs scanned to hunt just the exact feature I found it. My bad, judging by the motions and the obvious scent, the mare is what a found. I arched my neck appropriately and made my way carefully towards the pair. My smile intended only for Romani at the moment, though I do not ignore the filly. "Pleased to see an acquaintance, it has been a few days." my sweet tone towards Romani, then I turn my face to look into the blue eyes, just like mine. "Oh pardon me, I am Abdullah, a diplomat here in the Foothills."

I gazed over her softly for I did not mean to intimidate or come off rudely. That would be the last on my thing on my list. I noticed a familiar dappling across her face, running from her maw up and only on the left side did it follow to her eye and stop. The most unique feature I found was a blue hoof. Weird, though not in any way bad, yet beautiful. I found interest in being unique. You do not judge someone just by the cover, never judge them. If you have your heart set on a certain personality for them, you will be disappointed. This is valuable information I've acquired over my bumpy years. The rough road that led me here.

[ooc- I've posted as if Romani was along side her, I hope that is fine?]

Crackers Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Crackers stood at the edge of the foothills dazzled by the tall mountain range. He had never seen such mountains only rolling hills, forests and deserts were places he recognized. This seamed as if he had stepped into a dream world. Not his own world of haunting dreams but someone else's great mind that consisted of images reaching and disappearing into the sky. Crackers shuddered when his thoughts touched what could be hiding in those clouds and a dark shadow passed over his eyes, that had been shining bright of excitement. He quickly cast the thought away looking around for Orinthia. He suddenly realized that she had left him at the edge of the foothills and had gone her own ways. Maybe she was not the one to show him the wonders and dangers of this new world he had entered. Though she had seamed nice... And useful of course. Now without her Crackers challenged the unknown and pranced forward towards the great mountain ranges. He felt the quiet solemn loneliness that he had felt for months and found a sort of safety in the know feeling. He had been on his own for so long, that he had forgotten how much fun and of how much use the company of others could be. You could say it for the nonce had turned him into a more pleasant stallion. His loneliness created a glowing curiosity to learn more about this world and the equines he might encounter. A small hope of finding a new place to belong sparked within him. A very dangerous hope though he did not realize this yet. The disappointment that would come when he might learn that he would never be able to truly belong anywhere again was yet unknown to him. He only remembered the feeling of burning pain and fear but now hope had taken root in his subconsciousness.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

The moment that she and Ambrosine reached the Foothills, Romani inhaled the deep, familiar scent of home. It was a wonderful smell, something that she came to associate as home, and she hoped that it would always be the same. Having lead Ambrosine, or Ami, as she had taken to calling the pretty golden mare, home from the Threshold, she had been quite excited for her to see the roving hills and mountains that the herd called home.

“Here we are, Ami… The Foothills. It’s a marvelous place, and quite beautiful if I must say so.” She spoke kindly, turning her head to look at her newfound companion as they walked through the fresh grass, her steps light. Azure eyes regarded Ambrosine with nothing but welcome and friendship. “There are many different positions in the herd… Our leaders are Archibald the Dauntless, Svetlana the StormChaser, and Evers the Able. Our herd isn’t as big as most, as you’ll notice, but that doesn’t slow us down in the slightest.” Romani chuckled softly and shook her head, white forelock flopping from her eyes.

The breeze picked up and a familiar scent crossed Romani’s nose, her ears immediately perking forward and a smile of recognition pulling at her lips. She could already see Abdullah, her dearest friend, trotting towards them through the grass, her neck arched prettily. When she was close enough, the warrior greeted her as well. A diplomat, Abdullah was now, and the palomino mare was proud of her friend for finding a calling for herself.

“Abdullah, my friend… It has been some time, hasn’t it?” Romani grew quiet then, when Abdullah kindly greeted Ambrosine. She would allow the dun to speak for herself, after all, so that she could get to know those of her herd, better. It was as she stepped back that the palomino mare caught a glimpse of a coat that shone just as hers, standing at the edge of the border of their home.

Immediately her warrior’s instincts kicked in. Was this an invader? Did this new palomino post any threat to the herd’s safety? Flicking her head towards the new golden creature, Romani looked back to Abdullah. “Abby, I don’t believe that I’ve ever seen him before… Have you?” Ever the dutiful, and rather protective, mare that she was, the Foothills warrior moved slightly away from her two companions and called out to the new palomino.

“Hello, there! May I ask who you are, or what you intend?” Romani had no idea just who this stallion was. If he was a new herd member, she was somewhat surprised to see no one leading him home. Perhaps he was just a stray, wandering for a new home?

[OOC: Ugh… Sorry this took me so long to get to, guys. XD I’m swamped with posts, lately! Also! The reason that I put Svetlana still as our herd lead is because there hasn't been an official herd announcement that Jackal overtook 'Lana's position... Hope that's okay!]

Unregistered

Ambrosine listened intently and noted that she now took on the nickname 'Ami'; she liked it. Everywhere around her life was abundant and standing next to Romani made Ambrosine feel somewhat welcomed. The duns ears twitched as a new smell flooded her nares. A grey mare was soon standing in front of Ambrosine, and her scent was overwhelming. Abdullah is this ones name. She thought with a smile. "Salutations. Ambrosine said wile bowing her head in a show of respect. My name is Ambrosine."

Ami paused once again to look over the mare. She was lithe, and her eyes were bluer than the sky itself. Ami's forelock covered her right eye like usually, but the youth noted the graceful-like ability that the Diplomat possessed. Her position suits her perfectly. Ami's smile grew broad as she stared at her. A sudden flinch next to her signaled Romani walking off. The other mares voice rang out, An intruder? Ami thought. She quickly swaggered up to Romani's side, in a graceful way, and stared at the gleaming mass of gold that was placed far off. "Do you really think it's a threat?" Ambrosine quickly questioned, her compassion and laid-back wit quickly coming into play. The emotions were evident in her voice. Her cerulean eyes were glittering with analytic emotions, just like her blood.

ooc || font to small? o~o

1Rabit @dA | Eltear-Stock @dA | table by- tay<3

Unregistered

The arch in my neck was so familiar I almost scolded myself for refraining back to my old days. Father always said to carry yourself with pride and arrogance but the arrogance was far from necessary. Maybe though he was correct. If others found you more sturdy and with a backbone they were quicker to follow, perhaps not trust, but they would follow. Like the leaders, they show it, even without trying. Ambrosine was held without such, I could easily pick through that she was a kind mare with a gentle soul. I could not say she was not sturdy though, she was strong in structure but her laid back nature was so calming it could not do for much. She herself would make a fine diplomat, though this is only an opinion of mine. I know I will grow to like her, maybe not as much as my friendship for the giddy mare Romani, but I will not say I dislike this newer dun. My ear flicks as I catch the words of Rom. My head nods in a yes to her question. Words do not come from my mouth but they explode through my mind. Running and twisting, somewhat distracting but so comforting and helpful.

The creamy buttermilk dipped her head in greeting, speaking her title. It was a lovely name. Very fitting for the looks of her but perhaps I would think that for any name she come with. "Lovely to meet you Ambrosine." as her eyes watched me I drank in her looks. Those piercing eyes that grazed my skin. You can't judge or attack someone for watching you, it is only natural for someone to mark you down in their mind. If not you know that that exact natural instinct was beaten from them. Like Romani, even she watched me as I danced in the Threshold happily. Just as I had done her. We were not broken of her freedom. Yet another smell had caught my nares. It was far and faint, almost like it was an old mark from a travel back. I was going to ignore the unfamiliar smell till Romani took a defensive pose. I moved my head, to look behind me. A stallion I'd never seen before stood there. He was not of us, his distant smell said so. Just like Ambrosine he did not hold the family scent. My pose become defensive but I did not take to calling as Romani did. I only stood there, firm and well observing. "Never." I reply, a little late as she begins to take action. Hollering closely behind me. Almost grading at my ears. It was a little bit annoying to the ear drums but I could not blame her, it was her position to do so. Well it was mine too but I think one person hollering would be enough. So instead I listen with my ears forward. Ambrosine speaking behind me. "You can never tell, always be cautious my dear new kin, never let your guard down until you are sure enough." mmm, you couldn't always be exactly sure, but gut instinct would drive you.

Crackers Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Crackers' somewhat careless steps filled with energy gained from the little spark of hope in his mind, that he was not yet aware of, brought him close to three mares. He did not notice them before the wind brushed through the snowdrops and daffodils that were peeping up through the fast melting snow even here so close to the cold mountains. A slight breeze brought the scent of the three mares in his direktion. They were near by and Crackers was surprised that he had not noticed them before. All smells here were new to him but the scent of other equines was familiar though he only barely remembered. These three did not have the same wonderful but deceiving scent as the winged monsters he hoped never to encounter again. He stopped for a moment just watching knowing that they had been aware of his presens far longer than he had been aware of theirs. maybe they wandered these lands just like he and Orinthia? Crackers did not think of the likely situation that he had intruded on someone elses territory and least of all a heard. He continued towards them still with steps filled with energy. He did not fear these three though two of them seamed defensive. The third that had a golden coat, though not as bright as his, and a remarkable marking in the center of her face seamed very young.
Suddenly the palomino stepped aggressively towards Crackers clearly protective of the others. This did not make the golden stallion hesitate though he was surprised to see such a reaction after meeting Orinthia. He did not remember her telling him much about these lands and the thought of being unwelcome suddenly struck him. He remembered living in a heard long ago and the aggressiveness of the palomino resembled one he seamed to remember from an other life.
Crackers stopped unsecure of what he had pranced in to an what was going to happen. The palomino seamed to show no friendlyness. He looked at the dapple gray mare that held herself gracefully as if she belonged more than any one of the others to the land beneath these mountain ranges. She did not display the same aggressive pose but nor did she show any accommodating feelings.
Crackers became aware of the words of the palomino thinking to himself what did he indeed intend? These lands were all so unknown to him. He was lost. Not only physically but in every way did he not belong nor have a purpose and thereby no intentions neither good or bad. Could he say he was lost? That would be the most trustworthy answer.
It did not compel to his natur to be so straightforward though. Instead he stepped a couple of steps forward exceeding the respectful distance he maybe should have kept but gleaming of a compelling friendly happiness that could only be misjudged because of the energy he displayed.
"Hello" he answered with a curious deep neighing.
"I'm Crackers" He continued playfull "Who are you?"
He did not want to display his vulnerability through the fact that he had no knowledge of these lands. He would have to wait and see what the palomino mare would do, though he thought that the dapple might have another saying.
The young mare had another scent than the others and did not seam as if she was as familiar with these lands. For now Crackers attention was drawn towards the to others. He had realized that they were to decide something regarding him. What he was yet insecure of.

(OOC: Sorry it took a while, x-mas is bussy)

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

Azure eyes stayed locked on the stallion that grew closer and closer to them, having seemed to notice them only when she had called out. He was a handsome, lanky creature, his coat a beautiful golden color and his mane of the finest creams, but that didn’t mean he had good intentions for the Foothills. She wouldn’t be surprised to discover if he was half Arabian, like the two mares behind her, by the way that he held himself. As he approached, Romani stood still and drew herself up to her full height, her head held high and ears perked forward in alert. Despite the fact that he was taller than her, she wasn’t deterred by his appearance. Archibald would forever be the height-max she had fought before, and this palomino stallion wasn’t remotely close to the massive height and bulk of the Dauntless.

’Hello, I’m Crackers. Who are you?’ Crackers, hm? An odd name, Romani surmised, but then again she had heard stranger. For a second she simply evaluated the stallion before them, as if deeming if he was a danger to her, Abdullah, or Ambrosine… He didn’t look dangerous, but then again, a pretty face could hide ill intentions. Only when she was satisfied that he wouldn’t try anything did she speak, her head lowering only slightly and eyes softening from their icy stare.

“Greetings, Crackers… My name is Romani, a warrior of the Windtossed Foothills, which is the name of the herd we live in and the land that you’ve walked into. Is there something that we can do for you?” If he had wanted a challenge, she would step up to greet him in a heartbeat. Yet, if he was an outcast and looking to join the herd, then the palomino mare would turn the conversation towards Abdullah. After all, the dappled Arabian was a Diplomat.

[OOC: That’s alright, Kath… With Holidays going on, everyone’s pretty busy! :D]

Unregistered

The sun was setting at a painfully slow pace. How had she gotten here? Everything was so new to Ambrosine at this moment in time, and before she could even attempt to adjust there was another newcomer present. Abdullah's words struck a chord within the youths heart. Ambrosine chanced a quick glance before staring right into the face of the now known Crackers. It's been decided. I shall think of Abdullah as an older sister. Ami thought to herself, a small smile growing on her face. Her attention was quickly redirected to Romani and Crackers - it seemed to be that the two mares had this covered. So, without much option Ambrosine decided to fix her posture and idly glance around. Inside her mind though there were many questions rising. She was holding herself back from intruding on this interrogation of sorts. Being a new member didn't help either, she couldn't question this stallion without knowing more about the Foothills and how the herd operated here.

ooc || it's alright. xD x-mas time is always busy<3.
1Rabit @dA | Eltear-Stock @dA | table by- tay<3

Unregistered

I do believe for a moment that Romani's alertness has sent the newcomer a rather defensive statement, and it seems as if he is weary of her words. His approach is slow and steady but the way he looks on tells so much more. In my fantasy world we would never have to be approached or approach that way, you would never see the likes of danger or anything beyond good and acceptable. Well the good and acceptable in my eyes. For your outlook on things is probably different, I've never had the same vision as others... well with those I've encountered on my journeys. Sometimes I think back to those long days with my father, being so under appreciated and low on the chain really messes with how you believe in yourself. Still to this day I am weary just as he, on the way my personality or sights will be accepted. I guess its a matter of life.

Perhaps Ambrosine is just as weary as myself and this Crackers (as he calls himself, by which I fully distract myself in thought again as Romani begins her speech) because I could possibly rub off as some arrogant, do excuse the language, bitch. I've seen a few of those around, perhaps more than I would hope for, but they linger quite often. So quite often I find myself in terribly upsetting mind states but I never fail to put a smile on my face and move on as if it doesn't bug me, I must be too kind. It seems my rather rough and rightly postured body stature seems to have his complete friendless at hold, he doesn't fail to properly smile though. "As dear Romani here has said, this is the Foothills," slight pause "welcome." and the finish. Now back to my previous thoughts, Ambrosine the dear, she stood so awkwardly behind us. Out of the picture and dancing in her own world. This is not the proper way to treat guests. So I begin to to turn but it seems I have forgotten my manners, I halt in an awkward position of entwining legs and greet very gracefully "Pardon me, I have almost forgotten, I am Abdullah. A diplomat here." my head dips gently with a respectful tiara bend before I return my legs to a proper position.

My blue eyes focus once again on Ambrosine. I look back to her, noticing the distant world in which she now lived, but it would take much more than that to evict her from this conversation. "Do come join dear Ambrosine, you are not an outcast." I smile warmly. Ruffling my nares to catch her scent once more. Ears perked rightfully and my neck still arched despite the turn in direction. I motion my cranium forwards, pushing to gain her acknowledgement. The motions I did give though were easily read as, come come, we won't bite.