the Rift

Calling You - Part. II [Return/Moon Goddess]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

It had been quite some time since she had stepped foot here, in this sacred land of the Gods. It looked just as she had remembered, with the glowing blue lava cascading the area in different shades of the color. It was an unnatural beauty, there was no doubt about it… With slight trepidation Romani moved across the narrow path, leading to the statues of the Gods. She was returning from her quest, of meeting friends and building firm and loving relationships. There were many that she had come across during her time in Helovia…

First, there was Xanthos, the handsome grullo stallion who lived in the Basin with the racist Unicorns. He was so unlike his herd, striving for what he thought was right and trying to do all that he could to watch out for her, even if it meant bodily harm to himself. She knew that he loved her the same as she did for him, despite not speaking the words out loud. There was a bond between them, something sacred and cherished…

Next, she met with Nayati, the poor little filly who had stumbled into Helovia and was taken back to the Foothills by Svetlana. The peppered princess had become somewhat of a niece to the Haflinger mare, someone to look after and protect, to adore and spoil. It was because of Nayati’s devotion that she became a warrior, wanting to protect her home and those in it to keep it safe from anyone who wished to do them harm.

Third, was Abdullah, the pretty Arabian mare who she had met in the Threshold. While somewhat wary of her at first, the dappled-grey had happily followed her back to the Foothills, and since then their friendship had blossomed into something deeper, something like a sister-hood instead of just calling each other friends. They had raced the hills of home together, played in the mud with little Nayati, and had all around been there for each other when needed.

Coming to a stop in front of the ethereal statues, the warrior lifted her head and took in a breath, preparing herself to face the Goddess of the Moon once more. “Moon Goddess,” she began, reverence in her soft tone, “I have returned to you today, doing my best to do as you asked. I have come across plenty in my travels here in Helovia, and many of my formed relationships run as deep as my lifeblood. Please, hear my prayer and bestow your presence upon me.”

[OOC: Somewhere With You – Romani meets Xanthos again in the Thistle meadow, where they talk about what happened since their last meeting.

Left Behind – In the Foothills, Romani comforts little Nayati, who is heartbroken when Svetlana is taken away by the Plague.

Foolish at Fifteen – Wandering in the Threshold, Romani meets Abdullah, who is looking for a new home. After gaining her trust, they return to the Foothills.

The Hills of Home – Bringing Abdullah home from the Threshold, Romani tells her all about the Foothills, and then they grow closer by sharing a playful race across the hills.

Muddy World of Play – After bringing home Abdullah, Romani encounters Nayati playing in the mud, where she and Abdullah join in on the fun.

Romani is still searching for a white tiger companion.]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The great Goddess of the Moon didn't care.

Not in the slightest. The night wind ran between and over her feathers as she glided down to meet the mare, but with eyes suddenly deep as pitch and unfeeling as stone, she made her position clear. Romani was nothing to her, and her plight was a vain one. But she had made a promise, one that bound her to Romani's service for a time. And she would help the mare... just in her own way.

Her hooves met the earth, yet there was no sound. The earth did not shake and the night did not shudder in the face of her majesty, it only stood in silent guard. The goddess herself did not shift her lips to speak. Her words swam in the mind of the mortal, vicious and full of trickery.

"So you have returned, Romani, and with three friends close to your heart," the Goddess began, flicking and twisting her tail around itself as if to tease. "But that alone is gift enough. Your tiger along with these bonds, well- it would be more than you bargained for, wouldn't it?" The Goddess chuckled in face but still, there was silence. The sound invaded the mind and haunted it as it echoed onward. "Should you wish to find your companion, resting beyond the border of this molten pit, you must leave your memories of those that you love behind. Consider it your payment," The Goddess murmured with a wicked grin. Whether or not this had been her intention the entire time... well, that would be a mystery.

[OOC: I have questions regarding the deal... Would Romani forget only Xanthos, Nayati, and Abdullah? Or would it be literally ALL of her loved ones? And, is she allowed to remember these individuals in the future? Like get her memories back, be it naturally remembering them or doing a quest to receive them? Would it be like she had never met them at all, or would she know that there were blank spots in her memory? Sorry for the confusion, I just want to get all of the facts straight...]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
[[Romani would forget Xanthos, Nayati, and Abdullah completely until the end of birdsong, at which point the memory of them would come back naturally and would be kept along with any new ones formed in the period of amnesia.]]

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

The Haflinger knew the moment that her azure eyes landed upon the Goddess of the Moon that she had been played. It had been a thought in the back of her head since the day she had gained her quest, that the Moon Goddess would have something more to the quest, but what it entailed, Romani didn’t know. The Goddesses’ gaze was deep and uncaring, callous and indifferent, and when she landed, she spoke using the powers of her mind. The night-mare’s words caused Romani to stiffen, her eyes widening in fear.

“I would forget…?” She asked, her voice trembling slightly from both the surprise and the thick, smoky air around them, “All of them?” Oh, how could she make such a decision like that…? What of Nayati? Or Abdullah? Or… Oh, Heavens, what of Xanthos, the love she had barely begun to know? Yet… When would she get another opportunity like this one? Inhaling deeply, the warrior thought these things over. There would be no harm to the ones that she loved, they would still be out there… If she had met them before and developed relationships with them, surely she could do so again? Fate had thrown Romani and Xanthos together, and she firmly believed that maybe, just maybe, it would happen again. Yet there was no guarantee that she would love him as she did now…

There were many things that Romani risked by agreeing to the deal, but some part of her, the part that begged and craved to have a creature by her side, wouldn’t let her say ‘no’. It would have been so simple to thank the Goddess for her time and simply walk away, but she couldn’t. Call her greedy, or heartless, or whatever you would, but Romani simply couldn’t turn down what was being offered. After all, she wasn’t perfect, nor did she claim to be.

When Romani spoke again, her voice was soft with trepidation, yet determined. “Goddess,” She began formally, despite the ill feelings boiling in her gut, “… I will accept your offer. My memories for a companion, a beloved life-mate. Pray tell where I can receive my cub, once I leave your Holy home.”

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

'I would forget...? All of them?'

Disgusting. The mare was weak and foolish, apparently unwilling to sacrifice anything for a prize as great as company for the rest of her miserable life. For who could say she would find comfort in the grip of another's love? One as weak as her was undeserving of such affection from anything.

The great Goddess of the night was beginning to regret appearing before the halflinger in the first place. Her lips, a midnight purple, curled up in distaste, and from between them a poisonous mist pushed through the night. It danced in front of Romani, temptingly dangerous- wicked. But before the Goddess made her move, the mare spoke, and wisely. So she would make the deal, and bring a little joy to her miserable life. Good- maybe she would leave the Goddess alone.

"The cub you seek will be found by the lake of lovers. Drink from the water there and forget those you love," the Goddess advised, parting the mist of poison with a breath and drawing it back into her being. The being stepped back into shadow, a soft whinny leaving a visible trail in the air as she went. "May you be fortunate enough to remember them someday."

And in a moment, darkness overtook and the Goddess was gone.
[[Make a thread by the lake of lovers, tag RE, and drink from the waters of the lake- RE will then appear for you to hunt for the cub. She will remember the three she loves at the end of Birdsong.]]