the Rift

Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Heartbroken. What other word could describe the feeling of losing the home you had loved and protected with your life? So many days he had flown the skies, keeping the borders safe, bringing home newcomers from the Threshold when no one else would. And what did fate hand him for all his loyalty? First the title of Sultan, and then a bitch mare who was too foolish to realize her own faults. It was not even as though he'd asked for the responsibility, nor elected by the herd members themselves. Kri had asked him to help lead the Throat alongside her, and he had been ignorant enough to agree. He should have gotten to know her more, even before giving his allegiance to the Throat itself. Shadowed ears twisted backwards as he sauntered through the wood, gold eyes dull mirrors to the blur of passing trees. Anger, pain, regret, so many emotions fought for control of his writhing heart. Tears longed to slip from his eyes, but the stallion was too steady for that. And he did not go through the forest for no reason. Maybe they would think him of no influence now, but he had information that could be shared and knowledge to be gained.

He was free now.

"I come seeking the Grey." The LionHeart called out deeply, voice echoing through the trees. Ember darted in and out of the foliage, likely searching for her next meal. She had become capable of catching her own meals, though Leander still kept his own eyes peeled for abandoned carcasses. If not for the responsibilty of caring for her, he might have just found some quiet spot in the wilderness and lie down. For what else did he have? A love who cared more for a group of revenge seeking supremacists than for him, and a few good friends. Speaking to the Grey would at least give him another thread to hang on to, a new discovery to occupy his mind. And he would gain knowledge that Kri likely didn't have herself, keeping hermitted within the borders of the Throat. That realization was enough to keep a taught grin on his lips.

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

While her night of fun had soothed her troubled mind, it could not erase her pain. In the morning, she had awoken tired and sore, and while she was surrounded by others, she felt more alone than she did the day standing with Tolio and Faelene on the beach. Her heart ached painfully, part of it telling her to apologize, to both of them even, anything to have Tolio by her side again. The other part of her wanted to lash out at both of them - her anger had been misplaced towards Faelene at first, but by the end of their encounter, the dark mare certainly deserved her anger. And Tolio? The dark part of her mind, the part which had asked the God of the Earth for a companion, told her to hate him. He could have stopped her. He could have asked you to stay. Her mind coldly reminded her. I'll never fall in love again, she thought bitterly. It was a momentary weakness on her part, and she would not fall victim to its snares.

I come seeking the Grey.

Her deep green gaze narrowed as her mind registered the owner of those words. Leander. She had held so much hate and resentment towards him, for the pain he had caused her and the days he had forced her to walk so as not to damage her healing-flesh. But in light of recent events, she would take all the storms he could muster, if it would subdue the pain in her heart. Stepping lightly through the forest, for she now knew it well, she moved before him almost silently. Her normally tawny wings had turned a stunning pure white, and contrasted her deep sooty coat, prettily. Her sandy mane was still a sea of waves and curls from the humidity of the ocean the day before, and now fell loosely around her shoulders. She regarded the stallion calmly, her eyes betraying nothing; she felt as though she had used up every once of happiness she had cavorting drunkenly the night before. Now in the aftermath of all of that, she simply felt calm, and still.

"Leander." She said, her voice soft and certain. She wasn't sure whether he was still possessed by the demon, but regardless, she did not fear him. It's amazing how the disparity of heart-break can overcome your reality so quickly.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Rafe Posts: 30
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

RAFE</style>
  The coldest blood runs through my veins</style>

The red demon with soulless blue eyes approached with his metronome gait, solid, massive hooves never missing a step. Muscles rolled easily beneath his short fur, full, two-toned tail swaying easily in his wake. The slope of his hips every propelled him forward, stride reaching easily beneath his figure to nearly touch his front hooves as they lifted in synchrony. Unfortunately, their visit to the Basin had been a bust. He had thought that their new herd and rather tentative lifestyle without their leader would warrant more of a positive response and more of a response. However, he had only run in to a crimson healer and a few others who had no opinion. That had grated on his nerves.

A strange, male voice came, calling out the Grey, and the executioner tilted his ears forward, hearing a feminine reply give out the stallion's name. Phaedra, was her name. He had met her at their meeting and then in the Basin. She was capable, if not a little naive. As he approached, he caught the smell of sea salt in her wavy, cream-colored mane, and he absently wondered why she had gone there. Still, he was not overly interested, just curious.

As he moved into the clearing, the blue eyed, empty stallion regarded the pegasus male before him with a cold, calculating gaze. Nothing about Rafe screamed warmth or openness. He was icy, hard, and clearly lacking morals. The stallion was a killer, not a warrior. A murderous bastard with just enough of a creed to not be executed. Rafe mused that the stallion before him was capable enough. His golden eyes reminded him of a hawk and his expression held intelligence, though something about his demeanor screamed emotion. He wanted to avoid that avenue at all costs, but the equally as dim and pathetic of a demeanor as the mare made his chances of escaping this tear free rather slim.

The four, massive crowns upon his brown dipped in a generally respectful dip of the head toward the other stallion, and he glanced at the mare, letting her know that he at least acknowledged her presence. "And you know of us how?" he asked, his voice smooth like rich vodka, a rather stunning tenor for such a monstrous expression.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Lakota

Shadows enclose the trees of the forest that keeps the mercenaries hidden. In these shadows walks Lakota, lean and silent as she weaves between the tangled brush that is no longer unfamiliar to her. Even the light of Birdsong cannot make her presence easy to discern from the inky blobs that cling to the trees. Sharp violet eyes survey like a hawk, perpetually stony face displaying no emotion. The eery silence of the woods is broken into pieces as a masculine voice bore into her ears. Inwardly hissing at the intruder, she curled sinuously around an ancient tree and began her silent prowl towards the one who dared to call them in a way that any passerby could hear. 

Two have already appeared before her, both of whom she knows but only one being of any interest to her. Phaedra is a spy, and though important Lakota knows the seduction involved in many cases to extract information. Love, fake as it can be in the other mares case, is dull to her. Rafe on the other hand was the one to appear to her when she first entered Helovia. Another warrior, someone she respected if grudgingly. These two are no strangers to her, and so her gaze cuts to the golden brute standing before them. The stallion who called smells of the Throat, but he doesn't seem ill at ease in their home. By his build and stance Kota knows he has seen more than one battle, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a threat to their lifestyle. What a shame. She was quite eager to try out her magic. Rafe speaks then as Lakota emerges silently from her surroundings, deciding that action is loads better than observation. Cold amethyst studies the newcomer as she posed her own question after the blood bay unicorn. "And what is it you hope to gain from us?" Silky smooth as it comes out, dark chocolate melting over her words. Even so it is said in a both guarded and cold tone. She steps beside Rafe, unwilling to move too close. Personal space is something she highly values. 

'Leander' she had heard Phaedra call him. He is sturdy and almost impassive before the trio, but something painful flickers behind his irises. Oh joy. Lakota liked business better when emotions weren't involved. A simple hire, complete, pay method worked best for her rather frigid ways. Nevertheless if he knew of them then they would at least give him an audience. It was their job to serve the in betweens after all.

slime-stock @ dA  |  xxmynightmarexx @ dA  |  table- tay<3

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

There she was, the specked blond girl that had been haunting his thoughts. Has she been following me again? He wondered, this time without the anger he'd once had for the spy. Guilt wrought across his brow as he looked over her, eyes seeking any remnants of the injury he'd dealt her. She had been brazen enough to antagonize and attempt to rope a stallion who was much larger and more seasoned than herself, and for that she was foolish. She should have known better than to push someone already on the edge. But that did not change the fact that he had also done wrong by hurting her. Slowly, hoping not to frighten her off, the charger took a step towards her. "Miss.. I did not get your name when we last met. Please accept my apology for my actions that day. I was not well then, though that is a poor excuse for such behavior." He spoke genuinely, lowering his crown in a respectful gesture. She may have had quite a sharp tongue on her, but apologizing was the right thing to do.

Cream strands danced around his face as he lifted his head to see the others slipping from the woodwork. There was something almost hostile about them, the way they questioned his intentions. Didn't they keep abreast of what their members were doing? It was the spy mare who had told him to come speak with her group, and he'd assumed it was her superiors who wanted his presence. Their apparent lack of unity put a bitter grin on his lips. It was a reminder of the Throat's problems, and ones he was not responsible for any longer. After giving the Unicorn brute and the Equine an uninterested glance, he nodded back to the sleuth. "She told me of your group. After failing to take me captive, of course." Clearly amused, he directed his gaze at the horned bull. He felt no ill will to the winged girl now, for she had not decided to throw any insults at him just yet. And there was something in the way she had spoken his name that was almost.. nice? Soon, the bare doe was piping up with her own question. With a roll of gold eyes he turned his head to view the mare's blue form. "A distraction, if nothing else. I just put in my resignation, you see. So I have all the time in the world to chat with you and your leaders. And who would I be to turn down such a pretty girl's invitation?" With that quip he glanced towards the petite ivory winged fae, batting one flaxen lash in a wink. Maybe she'd be offended enough to try and clobber him over the head. It would probably do him some good. Then again, maybe she could take the compliment. The tawny miss certainly did not seem to have the same venom as before.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phaedra was not surprised at all when other members of The Grey filtered in, as if drawn by Leander's call regardless of whether they could hear it or not. Rafe was the first to arrive; the only member of The Grey who had really piqued her interest. He seemed to have the capacity to take everything in at once - each minute detail - and store it in its appropriate place. He seemed cold and intense; a challenge she noted subconsciously. The challenge of Rafe, was what was alluring. He would surely be one not to fall for her charms, as least as farm as love was concerned. He was precisely the type of brute to objectify her and use her - to keep her safe. Which, now that Tolio was a memory which needed to be erased, she needed to focus on more.

The mare Lakota was the next to enter, halting by Rafe, by not too close. This was one of the things she enjoyed most about the Grey - that when they did gather together for a business transaction, it remained just that. There was no cooing hello's and bumping noses and I'm so glad to see you's! Phae let her cool green gaze wash vaguely over the two; acknowledging their presence briefly. Her attention turned back to the palomino, who, she had considered briefly before, could look like a brother of hers from a distance. If you were unable to see her bird-catcher spotting, and viewed her wings when they were closed and darker (and when they were not this odd-white colour), their sooty appearance would have been closely matched; she simply looking much more feminine than he.

Miss.. I did not get your name when we last met. Please accept my apology for my actions that day. I was not well then, though that is a poor excuse for such behavior.

Phaedra stood unwavering as he addressed her. This was the Leander that everyone had told her about, that had caused everyone to cast a disbelieving eye on her bloody wings when she spoke his name as her assailant. She would have to thank Tor again for healing her wings, and ridding her of the painful memory of her encounter with Leander, and the fall-out it had caused with Faelene and Tolio...and even Levi. Still, she was glad to have seen that side of Leander; it made her feel closer to him somehow. Like she was privy to some secret that even he would not share with those closest to him. But the demon appeared to be gone now, and maybe that also ended any closeness their encounter could have potentially created.

She told me of your group. After failing to take me captive, of course Leander said with amusement, nodding to Phaedra in relation to Rafe's question. A small smile embraced her lips as a mischievous light flooded her previously vacant green gaze. "But you're here now" She spoke, her voice hinting at the same mischievousness that her eyes revealed. Her mission had been to tell certain key players of The Grey, and the services they could provide. How did Leander know that her plan to be caught, had not been what she intended all along? He was here after all; the outcome was as it should be, regardless of the method.

A distraction, if nothing else. I just put in my resignation, you see. So I have all the time in the world to chat with you and your leaders. And who would I be to turn down such a pretty girl's invitation?

Put in his resignation? Phae thought incredulously. For a moment her mind whirled to Sohalia and Note, the two she had matched to fulfill a quest from the God of the Earth. Phae had brought Sohalia to Note in the Dragon's Throat. Surely she would join, to stay with her new love...and if Leander's resignation had anything to do with the herd...Mentally, she vowed to overcome her dislike of the herd of pegasi, and visit her..friend? If that's what they were, and ensure her safety. Leander had also referenced their 'leaders'. Phae had only seen Ktu briefly, when she brought home Apollo, and of Ophelia, she had heard and seen nothing. But she was confident that they would come; they always seemed to.

And who would I be to turn down such a pretty girl's invitation? Was he trying to bait her into something? Perhaps this was some backwards play to get The Grey and the Throat at odds? If it was, he had picked the wrong bait. Phae was only oh-to flirtatious by nature, and after feeling heart-break for the first time, Leander's words rolled over her like a calming rain. Attention As he winked at her, her lips curled upwards in a demure smile, feigning modesty. Her eyes on the other hand, told a different story; she had been intrigued by Leander's dark side, and now began to wonder if there might be something more under that shiny prince charming appearance. She was a spy after all, perhaps she would force another visit upon him.

Her smile however, was the only response she would give to his flirting; this was business after all, and although it was hard to believe, Phaedra did have the capacity to keep from being flirtatious all of the time. She did however, have to bite her lip to keep from creating a sexual innuendo out of the golden stallion's need for a distraction.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia, always distant and mysterious was even moreso now as she strode quietly into the deep, evergreen forest. She watched those of her group gather with strange, dual colored eyes, recognizing the face not from her own memories, but from Ktulu's. Having searched her sister's mind let her in an a whole host of truths that she was not sure she enjoyed having anymore, but she had made her choice. No erasing of memories or shattering of identities could sway her from the path she had forged, not unless the entire universe was to turn upside down in her favor. The only thing she lacked from her sister's memories was details that she normally saw and her own, personal reasons.

She could see herself through other's eyes, but not her own heart. Now, Ophelia would have to face a tough trial, something she had never had to do before. The white wraith would have to act, and the character she was playing was herself. Cloven hooves strode gracefully into the fray, coming to a gentle halt next to a blue roan more, whom she recognized but did not know the name. The Grey was apparently a group of mercenaries, and from her own lips, the words from her sister's memories explained he purpose. Ophelia, purified from her past, could not see ever wanting to organize such a brutal and blood thirsty band, but she had to assume the role now.

When she regarded Leander, her stony expression betrayed none of the confusion that raced behind her thoughts. What she knew of the Dragon's Throat was slim. She did not have time enough to pick through her sisters brain for ever memory she was in, and even then, memories had a funny way of changing over time. Ophelia was not aware that this was even possible, as her own mind's ability to record everything in perfect, unchanging detail was part of her physiology. Two colored, strange eyes looked into the hawkish gold of Leander's, listening to his comment. What would she say, were she in full possession of her faculties?

"The Grey is not looking for war, nor is it a band to simply join for a distraction," she said, her voice soft and beautiful, like chimes in a gentle breeze. "We are a tightly knit family, knowing nearly all secrets and protecting our own fiercely. You become a part of all of us if you join us, and such bonds of family and friendship are not easily broken for other alliances. Each of us has a certain permanence with each other. I say this not to deter you from your choices, but to encourage you to think on your actions from this moment forward." Ophelia paused and smiled gently, unable to keep her lovely, kind nature from escaping, unhindered by her own memories and tragedy. "I would not want you to do something rash to upset what seems like already tentative alliances out of emotion that you have every right to feel but may be strong when you look back."

"Until you decide, you are welcome to get to know the group. We have been quiet as of late, but we are waiting."

[OOC: Please skip Rafe! :D ]

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I was just... so tired of it. This. All of it. Losing fights and whatnot. Did I not, at least, deserve something here in Helovia? It seemed right now I was only losing, failing. Every step I took made something worse, every breath I took meant I was losing time. Time for what? I don't know.

It was so poor of me, to abandon so much and leave too much behind- but what, exactly, was I supposed to do? I was losing the fight of life. There was nothing... nothing left for me. Even Nayati I had left behind at the Foothills, for safety's sake. She couldn't come wandering with me into this harsh world- no, she needed to stay safe and warm in her world, far away from the destruction that occured to one's inner character upon the removal of safety.

I rustle my wings, unhappy with myself. What have I been doing, coming to Helovia? Shouldn't I just... fly away? Restart somewhere new? But I didn't. I remained in this curst land. I continue my prowl through the forest, silent, quiet, the thrum of my amulet around my neck as I move silently and lithely, wondering. Why shouldn't I run and leave? What drew me here? What locked myself to this bitter land filled with love and hate, the majority of it dislike? What was my luck so curst bittar? Damn it. I am falling into Svikruch speak again.

It is difficult to miss the congegration of horses ahead, and so warily I do approach, recognizing the form of Leander. I appear silently beside him, only the faint rustle of bushes breaking my otherwise quiet approach.

"Leander. Don't join this band." I say, for there are better things for him to do. "You deserve to be a leader as we both have been. For now, is it not better to wait and see where life's path takes us?" And I hope he agrees. We should stick together- our causes are the same.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Lakota

Golden stud seems to have done harm of some sort to Phaedra, of what kind Lakota doesn't know. She doesn't babysit the young mare, after all. Even so the thought that this stallion, conscious of his actions or not as he alludes to being, has hurt a member of the Grey boils something inside her. Violet eyes narrow in a minuscule fashion. Hardly noticeable to anyone other than herself. The Grey will never replace her real family, but they are fast becoming an awkward sort of second. Everyone is awkward in some way here, but they are no doubt close. Loyalty to even those she doesn't know makes her desire for equal exchange of pain flourish. But this is Phaedra's battle, and she seems to be handling it well. All these emotions are kept inside, transpires in the safety of her mind where nobody can see and does not reflect on her visage. Lakota has perfected vapidness. 

His amusement at Phaedra's failure only makes a cold smile stretch her lips. She knew of the orders sent out to the whole group, to inform herd members of the Grey. It would seem Phaedra had done well, then. Silly little stallion, assuming as he did. Phaedra seems to know this too, replying. Lakota cares not for what she says, for he rolls his eyes as he turns to her and she sneers. What a little brat. Thinking he can act in such a way when he is in their forest. A distraction? A place to chat"This is no homeless shelter. We are no silly band meant for distracting or babysitting petty runaways." She senses another then as she lets it slide from her lips, insulted that he thinks of them so lowly. It is Ophelia, and violet irises turn to her snowy form. When she speaks she echoes both Lakota's thoughts and words, though her tone is soft where Lakota's is cutting. Allowing far more leeway than Kota. So far she is not in the least impressed by this foolish man, flirting and being overall disrespectful. He is childish in her eyes, but Lakota has always been a rather fierce and unforgiving judge. It isn't easy to make her like you. Ophelia allowing him to stay, for even a tiny while, is enough to dig beneath her skin. She for one will not tolerate his presence. He could go galloping off with the other bird, she couldn't care less. They are mercenaries, and their visitors should be hoping for business, not a fling to keep themselves entertained. No matter how she feels she keeps her face still and cold. Refusing to allow him the satisfaction of knowing she wants him gone, the bird brain. She isn't kind like Ophelia, especially not in her thoughts. With his cocky attitude she would sooner show him her backside than entertain him. Rafe has gone silent and she follows suit, eyes sharp as the gem they take after. She may not like it, but she would do as her leaders said. But if he even stirred the waters one bit he would regret it. This wasn't the best group to play with after all. Because they didn't necessarily "play nice".

Another appears, this time beside him. Telling him not to move into their midst. Lakota coos in her mind, quite pleased by her proposal. Yes, do as she says. For the love of my Goddess please take your ugly smug face away from my home. When she says he is fit to lead she is caught between wanting to snort or laugh out loud. She merely smirks to herself instead, amused. Him, a leader? Lakota had only seen arrogance so far. Then again she only knew him for a few short moments. Did she care? Not a bit. She was a judgmental bitch and she knew it. The femme seems to be a leader but her scents are a confusing mix of Foothills, Throat, and the woods. What in the world? Kota falls to the background, amused by this turn of suddenly dramatic events. 

slime-stock @ dA  |  xxmynightmarexx @ dA  |  table- tay<3

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

The little spotted dame quipped, and the golden's grin broadened. She seemed quite pleased that he had come. Would talking to him really be some great asset to their group? "I have nothing to lose in speaking to you and yours, love." He replied warmly, casting a playful gaze down to the petite spy. His distraught emotion was ebbing quickly away now. Maybe it was the distraction of the quickly assembled crowd, or the amusment he found in their hostility. He might jest, but he was a gentlemen none the less. The few Grey had yet to realize that about him, and for now he did not mind. They could think of him what they liked; for his reputation mattered little. The ones who truly knew him could judge them as they pleased, and they were the only ones he would listen to without a grain of salt.

Suddenly, mares were flooding the scene. The dark brushed form of Svetlana was quickly near and speaking passionately. A hearty chuckle left his throat, and the LionHeart shook his thick cream mane. "Svetlana, there is no need to worry. I have only come here to speak with the Grey respectfully, not join their ranks. I know far too little about them to think of giving out my loyalty. You know where my allegiance lies." The last phrase was uttered more softly, and the palomino stepped forward to brush her cheek comfortingly. He did not intend to join any group he knew so little of, and certainly not without letting his companions know first. Aitheria, Lynx, and Svetlana had put their faith in him, and he was not about to let them down. The roaned Equine piped up yet again, her words even more unfriendly than before. Petty runaways, indeed. He laughed again, tones still light and pleasant. This one obviously knew little about him. Mirthfully, he wondered what the girl would think if she'd seen him standing before the God of the Sun, the Sultana Kri, and her puppy-dog General. He did not runaway. "I did not mean to offend you, miss. I do not seek to join your group, but to speak with you on matters that this young lady brought to my attention recently." He said, eyes politely resting on the girl. He was not one to lose his manners so easily, even if his current state was not the most comfortable. Losing manners did not come easily for him.

Not giving but a moment's pause, an ivory fae entered the group. She held a certain air about her, and it was not hard to guess that she was of some importance. Kind, sweet words left her, such a stark contrast to that of her allies. He could hold respect for such a lady, more so than any spewing hostilities or temper tantrums. Stepping towards her, the draft dipped his head to the dual-eyed mistress. "I do not wish to join your group, my lady, though I thank you for your kind words. They seem to be scarce on my ears these days." Eloquent, deep chords greeted the doe, filled with just as much respect as he had offered the blue. "I am Leander. My presence was requested here by one of your sleuths. I was the Sultan of the Dragon's Throat at the time; now I am but a rogue. I would like to speak with your group on matters that may be of importance to us both. If your group's goals are ones that I would desire to support, I would be glad to exchange information with you."

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phaedra's neutral demeanour broke briefly with frustration at the appearance of another pegasus, one who apparently knew Leander. Leander. Don't join this band. Phaedra rolled her eyes. Was she the only one here who didn't automatically think that Leander was here to join them? But even moreso, she thought the words of this new arrival were shallow and shortsighted. You deserve to be a leader as we both have been. For now, is it not better to wait and see where life's path takes us?. Phae narrowed her green gaze, forcing the hostility out of her voice as she spoke; she would not display such rash and unprovoked emotion in front of Ophelia, who so far, was the only one who believed in her: "True leaders, can lead without a title. Even in a band like this." Phae retorted, her voice slightly icy. Who was this mare anyways? Leander had come to their forest, seeking them. This was not just some free-for-all for every mare who had a say in Leander's life to get up on their soap box. She cast her green gaze to Leander, openly. She did not believe that a title, or The Grey's lack of formal herd-ness would stop him from joining them, they simply weren't what he needed.

As she listened to Leander speak, she could only be grateful that Ophelia had indeed come out of the shadows. If Leander wanted to talk about Intelligence, that was Ophelia's division, Phae was merely a spy. If he requested any of her services, Ophelia would tell her so - she had no more to do here. Besides, the presence of the violet dun was disturbing; her beauty rivalled Phae's own - possibly outshining her, for Phae was enchanting in a common sort of way, whereas this mare's varnish seemed other-worldly. That, and she was starting to think she was some power hungry idiot. At least Leander was taking time to think about things - this mare seemed to have left with Leander, but was all too quick to want to jump back into the thick of things.

Flicking her sandy tail, she gracefully moved towards Leander, arching her neck ever so slightly. Tossing her head to remove her wavy forelock, to better hold his golden gaze with her green. "Maybe someday we will meet again Leander. And maybe talk, and not just speak." She said somewhat cryptically, her voice soft and enticing. As she past him she paused briefly, resisting the urge to touch as his side with her longest flight feather, as was her trade mark move, this was still business after all. "Without such an audience, hm?" She whispered softly, before striding out of the forest.

Aitheria Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Aitheria

I hover above them all in the skies. Quietly finding my dear friend Leander. After all I had left the Throat for him, to stand beside him in a fit of loyalty. Something though was different about him. For some odd reason I had this sick and twisted feeling in my stomach that made me want to stick by him throughout the days and never leave his side but perhaps that was because he seemed to be my only friend anymore. Or well the only friend I could handle keeping, he was worthy and deserved my trust and respect so I would give it. Though his companion... Svetlana I believe she or he called her, I did not trust her. Something about her was all wrong. Revenge and bitterness was sharp on her tongue, she was arrogant by far and I would not stand beside her. Perhaps I was wrong to have so quickly joined ranks within the Throat. The Sun God I believe, was rather upset with my leaving and his traitorous ways. It was too judgmental though, I only left in fear of Kri's rather fiery temper to guide our herd to safety. Even being in that herd was like being an outcast, no ties to the outside. We were bound to fall behind at some point. Especially with her in front, she was the whole reason we were set back.

Even being as new as I was, I could see that, through Leanders words of course. I did get the feeling of being lonely in the Throat, quite often. There was rare action and nothing to interest me. I had already studied the dry grains of sand enough times to remember every one of them... and that huge lake was nothing new. Same thing everyday. I need something to watch. Some excitement to perk my interest. Like the excitement Leander had brought. My wing muscles had ached from stalking him and I so longed to land beneath the trees but instead of entering the meeting I moved on. I was searching for a resting place to calm my wild nerves and sort some things between my head. Svetlana was probably the first that needed to go, I watch as Leander leans his face into hers. A strong pound of anger barricaded my chest and I found myself rocketing to the tree tops. Only to flare my wings one my hooves were close enough to touch the sprouting greenery. Below they probably seen some sort of crazy pegasus about to crash but if Leander was smart enough, he would recognize my colors.

I thrust my wings again and headed in a different direction. The smell of fresh crisp air in my nares was so relaxing my anger went away. Off I go, to find some sort of new place to crash and relax. I wonder if there is an ocean here?...

[ooc- feel free to skip her, just had to make it clear she was stalking Leander because she has no idea what else to do xD]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Courage, Loyalty, Honor</style>
  there's a brotherhood between us. if you're not ready to give up   everything you've already lost.</style>

"You look down upon us." Ktulu murmured from her position in the trees where she had stood watching and listening to the exchange that was taking place. Moments later she stepped forward, her blood red gaze locked on Svetlana. "We are not savages nor are we heathens. We are not without morals or leadership. Leadership is not limited to the herds within Helovia, but extends its outcasts as well." The dark mare then looked at Leander. "I don't believe either of you would fit in with us in any case." She said point blank. "As you said, you know where your loyalty lies and as long as your loyalty lies with the Throat there is no place for you with us, nor you." She said as her gaze traveled back to the once lead mare of her parent's herd. "As you are too concerned with being a leader to show any true loyalty to us."

The dark mare's pale tail flicked gently as she continued to look from Svetlana to Leander. Finally she settled on the ex sultan. "I understand that you put in your resignation, but we are not babysitters and will not stand idly by to entertain you and stave off your loneliness." Her voice had taken on a cold edge as she spoke of babysitting the ex sultan. "As for your information, while it may be of some value to us, we once called the Throat home. I know everything I need about that land and its leader." Ktulu said dismissively before she turned to her sister.

"If you feel whatever information he claims to have is of any value I leave you to barter with him. Otherwise I will waste no more of my time or energy speaking to him." With that she turned and strode back into the darkening forest with little more than a dismissive flick of her tail.

ooc://
moody ktu |:

CREDITS

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia was startled by her sister's brusque and rather cruel behavior. A band of mercenaries was like juggling nails; leadership and trust had to be earned and she squandered potential allies with brutal words and a short temper. Were mercenaries not supposed to be impartial? To make allies with all and enemies with few? To insult those who would pay for their services, if needed, was foolish! The newly forged, pale mare did not even want to be a part of this loathsome choice, bathed in murder and blood, yet she was the trying to be logical about the situation. Anger, a new emotion for her at this time, bubbled in her chest, and her two-toned eyes glinted with a rather dangerous beauty at her sister.

Her figure stood, calm and cool as ever, cloven hooves barely sinking into the ground. The lines of her face still held a softness that clashed with the fire in her eyes. To be treated like another tool and watch her own sister walk off with a flick of her tail was more than just insulting, especially since she knew about her current, rather desperate state.

Perhaps that should be an argument for later, but Ophelia was not one to back out of an argument and let her anger fester. She had a temper, though it was often stifled by kindness. The drama of her life had put her on a short fuse, and she clenched her jaw. "What my sister meant to say," she replied sternly, loud enough for Ktulu to over hear. "Is that you can make your own choices in this life and the next. If leadership is what you crave, then take it. No one is holding your hooves to this ground, and if you need assistance in achieving your future, the Grey remain impartial." Ophelia had no recollection of the Throat, but even if she did, she would remember Kri more fondly than negatively.

Angry, Ophelia gave a short but polite bow of her head before snorting loudly and turning quick on her heels, Ktulu in her sights. The insult and fury bloomed in her heart, and she would not let it slide into another unfinished story.

[OOC: I know Svet is dead, but I just wanted to wrap this up]

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!