the Rift

Allies? [Verm]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
I was thinking about the cave I found a few nights ago. Time seemed to run together now, without a real schedule, although I did know I was in need of finding Leander. We needed a proper talk about what was going to happen, without horses overlistening. I know he thought there should be no leader, but, eh, one was always there. If we wanted to do it fairly, we could have a vote for our leader, but basically it would come down between me and him, so we may as well be in it together.

The Roost had been quiet and secluded. I could live my whole life there if I wanted. I could. Away from the trouble Helovia had and caused. But I couldn't. I needed to... try to do something. Sometime this morning the world of grass and green had transformed to rock and heat. I was hovering above it, not so much hovering as spiraling up and down. Finally, I angled downwards to land.

I dropped my head and began to graze on the coarse grass, flickering with strange lights from the red lava seeping and oozing from cracks like blood from a wound. Everything was gilded in a strange fiery light, including me, setting me white coat red and my black wings shining a deep hue of violet-crimson, and my eyes were reflecting the dancing flame. I probably looked like one of hell's monsters, but really life was the hell for me.

""

[Short and sweet...]

do you really understand where you're going with me?
let me tell you
you just have to trust me

Vermillion Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 14.3 :: 7
Guess

Vermillion had never been to Helovia's Heart before - Would he find Solomon here? Drawn by his youthful optimism, Vermillion continued to scour every inch of Helovia, in search of his long-lost twin. It was unfathomable that Vermillion would have made it to Helovia, but that Solomon would not have. He had seen plenty of horses here, so it wasn't simply that Solomon did not possess a horn - and even though he didn't, he was still a hybrid. There was unicorn blood in his veins. Flicking his leonine tail, the small dusty palomino hybrid walked through the rocky terrain, green gaze ever searching for his brother.

Ahead, he spied a pegasus who unsurprisingly, was taller than He. Vermillion picked up a swift trot, bring him quickly towards her, his question almost spilling off of his lips as he neared: "Do you know Solomon?" Since arriving in Helovia, Vermillion hadn't ever bothered to begin a conversation with a Hello I'm Vermillion. - He simply skipped right to the crux of his plight, Have you seen my brother?. Halting, he looked at the mare with expectant, excited eyes. Each time he met someone new, or ventured into a new area, his heart sang, telling him that today, that his Helovian, would know of Solomon. Vermillion's youthful naivety protected him from feeling frightened of Svetlana, who currently looked like some sort of amethyst fire had taken residence within her, shining a weird shadowy light over her pelt.

Please tag Vermillion in all posts !

"it is when we are most lost
we find our truest friends "
                   - Snow White

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
The grass was coarse and rough, more bitter than anything. In winter, it was probably a lush sweet thing with the rippling heat emitting from the Heart of Helovia; but right now it was dry and somewhat tasteless. Nevertheless, I ate, because everyone needs to eat and my stomach was a never-ending hole at this moment. Side to side my head went, in a radius around my neck, before I stepped forward, and began eating again.

Yet quickly the grass turns to hard, compact dirt under my dusty onyx hooves. There were glittering gemstones- here, there, glittering pieces of stone embedded in the tough-skinned soil underneath me. An emerald here, glistening brilliant shades of green; over there, a hard white diamond emerging from the ground, glittering softly. I stepped forward, lifting my head from the dirt underneath me, eyes flickering with red flames as I began moving slowly through the gemfield to the very edge of the gaping abyss.

I glanced down over the edge, my stomach twisting in vertigo. I was not afraid of heights, but it was an intimidating sight, the hot red and orange and gold liquid slowly spilling down into the earth, pure blistering heat touching the skin on my face, drying it, parching my throat. I pulled my head back, black ears flattened in disgust.

Have you seen Solomon? My head jerks up, ears twist around to listen for more. My eyes follow more slowly, looking over the younger boy's frame carefully. He is so very golden-white in this light, a leonine tail graceful behind him, eyes sparkling with youth. It seems I had grown up too fast. "No," I say carefully, watching for a response. "No, I'm sorry. Svetlana- what's your name?" It's silly, but I love my name. The harsh sounds of it, just how it rolls off my tongue. I really do enjoy the grating sounds of it.

do you really understand where you're going with me?
let me tell you
you just have to trust me

Vermillion Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 14.3 :: 7
Guess

No...No i'm sorry.

Vermillion sighed, though it was not such a sad sigh. He had come to expect this answer from everyone he met. Besides, it was not their fault that they hadn't ever encountered his twin, why burden them with his grief? His leonine tail lowered, it's furry base tapping around his hooves as if to the beat of some muted melody. Tilting his head, he looked at Svetlana now, as she introduced herself. His green gaze took in her features with an objective appreciation. Vermillion had never experienced the rush of budding love, or any physical desires towards another mare, but nevertheless even in youth youth he could appreciate the Stormchaser's striking colouring. She stood taller than he, but that was no great surprise. Most were taller than Vermillion, who at 14.3 and slender, looked even more youthful than he truly was.

"Pleased to meet you, Svetlana." He returned politely, nodding his head greeting. "My name is Vermillion." He looked around at the harsh landscape that they found themselves in. With a wondering look of concern, his gaze returned to her. "What brings you here? Have you lost someone as well?" He regarded her with a patient, kind look. Although life had been hard on the uniquine, he was ever conscientious of those around him. It suddenly dawned on him that he really should have gotten the names of the others he had bombarded with questions of Solomon - what if one day, someone asked him if he knew of a so-and-so, and although he did, he hadn't bothered to remember their name? Guilt overwhelmed his little mind at the thought of failing to help another in his situation. He must remember their names! All of their names!

There was...Torasin, who had a dragon. What was its name? K-k...Kila? Kita? And Ktulu, she with a bear. There was Tor, who was overwhelming large in his minds eye, Zamoro, the Doctor d'Art and his daughter. Was there anyone else ? Yes; of course there was. Svetlana. He would remember their names always, burning them into his mind.

[OOC: Ack. Sorry, I forgot about this thread. :c]

Please tag Vermillion in all posts !

"it is when we are most lost
we find our truest friends "
                   - Snow White