the Rift

Referendum. [Herd]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

I had cleared my head with the small trip out into the the Meadow, and now, I returned with heavy yet measured steps into my home. The sand was familiar to me, blowing idly in the wind and cascading in swirls. I watch it absent, for my mind is already gearing up for the next task at hand. There had been those who turned from my side, which was not a fault of Leander's but my own. I had failed to make them feel secure under my lead, and that was what truly clutched my heart and squeezed. It was not the gall or foolish pride of the stallion, but my own failure that stung. After all of my years trying to earn forgiveness for what I had allowed to happen to my former home, I would find none here in the Throat, where others cannot stand my power.

I return to my former podium, standing in the waves of crimson rock in which I had called a previous herd meeting. My muscles are sore, my gait weak, but I am strong yet. Let my herd see their Leader in the weakest position yet; let them judge me when I have been beaten into exhaustion and weariness. Let them choose when I have no mask to hide behind.

"Children of the desert," I call, a hardened voice holding still, though it did not hold the fervor normally present. "Lend me your time, your patience, and your hearts."

I wait for them to fill in, familiar faces all, even if I could not name all that stood here. I was still, would always be, able to recognize them as a member of my home, regardless of what I knew to call them. Was brother or sister not enough? I would lay my life down in their place no matter the title in which I gave them in my mind, even those members I for which I cared little. My mouth smiles as I think of Mesir, the girl I had called a bitch, yet I would still leap to her side in aid. Maybe that was something my fellow desert dwellers did not know. I should tell them, and I would.

"I would not hide the reality of our home from you, but I will also not allowed rumors to be spread in your ears by forked tongues seeking their own gain. Let me speak of the recent events, so that you may make your own judgments upon them and, more importantly, of me.

"I have demoted Leander rather harshly from his position, but only by the authority he had granted me with his own words. We could not agree upon the foundations of what is expected of a Leader, such as how to treat those who would show no regard for the laws we have set down here. There are few, but I would have them respected. We also spoke of foreign policy, but I do not wish to expand our list of allies to include names that would not strengthen our home, such as the Foothills. You may draw your own conclusions about whether I was right in my decisions.

"An ally of Leander's joined only long enough to challenge me for control of this herd after I asked him leave of his position. Svetlana is a strong opponent, but I have defeated her soundly. Allow that victory to speak of my ability to defend not only myself, but you all here in this land. I care little for my position, but I love to be able to serve you, my kin. I would not give over such an influential position to a stranger, who not even you know.

"Not long after this challenge, before my feathers had even dried, Leander had called to his friends, seeking to draw them from this herd. Some of your fellows have chosen to leave with him, and I would not stand in their paths. Should any others who still feel loyal to the golden stallion stand among us, I would not stand in your way either. You are my family, not my prisoners. If your home is no longer here because I have acted in my own wisdom, I have nothing to offer you that would make you stay.

"I do not claim perfection. Those who know me, my own daughter, would speak of my temper. I am quick to judge and stubborn as an ox. However, I will not abandon logic, even when speaking with such force and fury. I have made mistakes, but I do not believe I have led this land in error at any time. I can lead with a hothead, but if I am asked to abandon my passion to gain acceptance of my style of leadership, I do not think I can continue."

I pause, giving out a heavy, long look toward the citizens of the Throat.

"You have a choice, my friends," I say, more powerfully than before, some of the heat in my heart beginning to touch my face once more. "It is a choice you have always had, though it seems that some choose to ignore it. I rule by the grace of those that follow me. It has been the way of the Tuuli, since we were but a small outcast band with no home, that the leader may be ousted with nothing but a popular vote in favor to do so. I have called you here in earnest, as recent events have taught me that surely, I must be in error somehow. If you have lost faith in me, I do not deserve this position. I wish for those of the Throat who do not want me as their lead to speak up.

"Am I still your Leader or a fool for thinking such?"

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

[ ooc; this is open for the entire herd. Feel free to make your own long winded speeches if you want! If Kri is voted to be demoted, you guys will decide upon her replacement as well. ^^ ]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It had been another hard pressed week, Midas felt more sore and tired than ever. The recent wave of fresh blood had put his skills to the test and kept body on its feet long past shift. Cera had been begging of late to take leave of the Throat and visit outlaying lands. Feeling to be the neglecting father, Midas gave in and promised with that same old smile, “Fear not, we shall take a small vacation when things settle down dear one.” He had no idea of what such a promise would later cost.

Physical aches were nothing compared to that of stress brought about by rumors that circled and whispered of treachery within the herd. Emotional drama and the like had caused reason for tired lines to crease a normally jolly face. Gossip of demotions and challenges drifted across the wind, begging for truth to be brought toward light so all could take witness.

"Children of the desert,"

Ears swiveled round to catch drifting echo’s, Midas stood near the outlaying boarder….patrolling as usual. Guarded eyes flew along the swells of sand and rock, a bellowing cry escaping his throat to summon Cera from the Oasis or surrounding areas that might hold interest for younglings. Limbs carried his bulk forward, dashing lightened frame into heaven.

Fina followed behind, her small wings very immature and unable to keep up with a Pegasus’s flight. She grasped talons out to grip his flowing plume, latching on and then creeping up rear with a mixture of beak and claw. He barely felt the sting now; they had been together for nearly two weeks, and it helped that pelt was still heavy with winter down.

Each beat lead frame closer to the gathering taking place below. Absent thought of greeting others Midas searched warily for his son. Attention soon found their game. Landing sharply, with hindlegs striking first most into silt—tired daddy walked over to the familiar cherub, a warm beam flooding face and lightened voice saying, “Your face is dirty,” tenured tones whispered with humor. Head fell forward to rub muzzle across angled cheek.

Their moment only lasted for a few before attention was forced back to Kri. To which his smile was replaced with formal calm and skull dipped respectfully. Ears hadn’t been absent when all the mess of politics had went on, but he held a position that many kin folk already felt.

Family before self.

Kri and Leander had fought and found a disagreement too great to overthrow, and then suddenly a foothills leader took opportunity to advantage and forced Kri’s hand. Or hoof. Midas wouldn’t have to think on these grim matters for long, their mocha hued leader spoke of everything in detail. Surrendering her vulnerability to the herd and maintaining diplomatic foundations that most all believed in.

Throat tightened and begged for normally quiet words to speak up and out. He responded with simple words, just as her question died out, “You have fought for us,” one step forward toward her was taken, body spoke of pride and reserve, “Have been challenged and victorious, earning the right to become the head of a strong body.” Assertively the young general added, “I will follow you and this family wherever it may lead.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit

The entire situation knawed at the General. The dark stallion stood by his family, but also by Kri. He had given her his loyalty when she had promised him a home, a safe place to rest - he had been prepared to fight by her side to earn it, and earn it they did. He had fought by her side in a bloody invasion to aid their allies. He knew her, as least as much as any stallion was permitted to know the fiery, temperamental leader. But a Leader she was, a damn fine one at that.

What few understood about Azzuen, is that he had lived a nomad for years. While he loved the Throat for its hot desert winds that lifted one's wings to great heights, he could make a home anywhere - as long as he was with those who he called family, he was content.

Azzuen was loyal to Kri, and everything Kri believed in. So, through Kri, he was loyal to the herd, though some faces might not know him, nor he they, it would not stop him from placing his life on the line to defend them. Kri had made mistakes, perhaps, but she had rectified them. She was honest. She was a bitch. He accepted her for it - he always had.

The General extended his soft nose to his leader's shoulder, hoping to brush his whiskered muzzle by her, before dipping his crown to her - he wanted to convey so much, but there was no need for extended speeches here; not from him.

"You are my leader Kri, and you always will be."

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Aryel, grazing in a shaded grove of twisted trees, had heard Kri's call ringing over the desert, and heeded it. She knew little of what had transpired against Kri, Leander, and Svetlana, but had come nonetheless. She had just been named a soldier, after all. It wouldn't be good form to brush off a leader's announcement.

And so, leaving the patch of grass behind, she took off and set a course toward Kri, finally catching sight of her in the little gully of striped red rock she had previously spoken to them in. Aryel glided down carefully, searching for a spot that would accommodate her long wings, and landed, walking forward to stop a distance from Kri.

As Kri spoke, Aryel's expression shifted according to each statement. Leander banished? Svetlana (whoever that was) challenging her? The last bit caused a small amount of anger to flare up inside her. Who was this stranger to just waltz in and try to take the position of Sultana? She had noticed there seemed to be a few less horses in the Throat, but she hadn't know why. They had left, huh? Well, it had been nobody she knew, and it didn't trouble her. Loyalty in a herd was important, and if you were the type to just up and leave, maybe you didn't belong in the Throat.

She pondered over Kri's last words. True, she knew little about Kri or what she was like. She was a distant leader figure to the blue roan mare, somebody to look to for guidance, not necessarily for support. But her speech had a ring of truth, and Aryel was willing to put her trust in Kri. "I'll have your back til the day that boars fly." she said, nodding her head at the Sultana.

"blah blah blah."

"WHAT IS THIS GYPSY MAGIC SH*T?!"

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

I watch the young filly with curiosity.

She intrigued me from the very beginning, you see. This Cirrus, this rambunctious, alive beacon. She gave me light when I was trapped in darkness. She led me to this home, where she fed me, where we became one.

My paws learned quickly how to adapt to the dry earth that would rip them apart otherwise. The flames that sometimes spark along my spine remain subdued today - the season has turned since we bonded, and while I know we are still bonded, I cannot read my new friend as well as before. It matters little. We are still young, still learning. I hear her spoken words, I understand and obey them even as I once heard the words that echoed in her cranium only a few short weeks ago. We are ignorant to the strange happenings of all the bonded creatures, for our bond is new, we know not what to expect, and so this muted occurrence was but normal in our eyes.

I did not understand the laws of the land very well. But my beloved, she stands before me, the skies reflected upon her pelt, listening in rapture and wonder at our leader. I had not seen the formidable mare who my beloved's father spoke so highly of before; I had only been allowed to meet family, those who would call themselves blood relatives to my Cirrus. I had cowered before them meekly, until the sustenance they brought me allowed fat to line my sides and strength to harden my muscles. When that had happened; I had played with them like they were family. Because they were family; or more importantly to me, they were pack.

I watch as my beloved's father proclaims his love for their leader, his loyalty. My small, lanky form stays close to the long, limber legs of my yearling beloved, as she too moves forward. She pauses her breath long enough to allow the other, Aryel, to speak, before her cherubic, angelic tones grace the breeze once more. A wicked smile is upon her lips, spunky and sharp is her wit and demeanour, but honest and true is her loyalty. She recognises this leader as family, and through her the entire herd. Therefore, they are my family too.

My blue eyes, so similar to my beloved's, glance around, viewing the gathered. I feel naked, for I am one of the only without wings gracing my back. My beloved has told me she will fix this, that by some magic I will be granted the right, the ability to fly, one day. But I view these creatures and I see them as my pack. I will protect them, just as I will protect my cherished heart.

They are my pack. I am their guardian.

"Kri is our Leader." Her tones are clear and bold, too confident and full of knowing for one so young. I am proud of her though, and I trust her to speak where I am unable. I am excited, my tail thumps against the sand in agreement, my tongue lolling out of my mouth as my lips stretch into a broad canine grin. I may only be young still too, but already one can see what a beast I will grow into, my large paws hint at the height and weight my bodice will one day stand at. I give a bark, an approving yip to echo my beloved's words, my voice still young and cracked, but with a promise of growth in the future.

We are family here, let us stand together.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
    Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
    Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
    and no second thoughts.  </style>

The Shaman was stunned into silence. Her mother was limping into the crimson bowl for hard rock, with obvious weight upon her mind. Onni followed behind in silence, allowing for space to grow between her mother and her. The tobiano had not been around her mother much in months, taking to a more private study of her healing arts. There was some sort of silent connection between the healer and her mother, different from the bond shared with her songbird, flying silently at her side now. They could not speak, could not share thoughts, could not translate emotions as easily as a bonded companion, but ever since the mare had met with the mother she thought dead, reducing Onni to little more than a filly, her mother's presence was felt in her chest. The brooding mare before her held the body of her mother, but not the spirit she would otherwise have recognized.

This shift is what she felt.

After Kri had made her stance, Onni before her, one of the crowd. Usually, the daughter would stand to the side of the smaller brown mare, but today, the healer was nothing but an observer. These events were unknown to the shaman, perhaps embarrassingly so, but listening to the strong voice of her mother, there was no doubt where her heart would land. Her mother had learned from her mistakes with Cielo and had not allowed history to repeat itself with Svetlana's challenge. The rise and fall of Leander, however brief, was almost entirely missed by Onni. How long had the stallion ruled? His promotion was toward the last leg of Frostfall, and the end of Birdsong was not even nearing. Less than a season, perhaps a month, the golden stallion had claimed the title of Leader. This was a momentary blink in time, and certainly not long enough to outweigh the trust Kri had earned from her daughter both from her reign in Isilme and now in Helovia. As far as Onni knew, the only mistake her mother had made since arriving in Helovia had been promoting Leander to lead alongside her.

With a smile, the pale girl listens as one by one, the gathered begin to sing their praise and affection for her mother, as well as their support. Azzuen, the brother of Onni's beloved mentor, even touches her mother's shoulder gently as a sign of solidarity. Lyhty chirps, though there is no noise to echo in the mind of the tobiano. After a moment of silence draws, the Shaman steps forth, songbird hot on her heels, to face her mother directly. "I would never question your lead in favor of one who ruled shorter than a season. You have my love and my respect," she says in a soothing voice, smiling at her mother brightly. "I will be loyal to you until my heart ceases to beat in my chest."
    ""

Aisha Posts: N/A
    Unregistered
    :: :: ::

BlackVeilBrides
    ~ RAWRRR

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Children of the desert. It was the first time she had heard her leaders call and the first time,if she choose to replay,she would speck to her and see her. Pricking her ears she header of in the direction of her call,her voice still booming out over all,telling all who were prepared to listen of what had happened,and how she was doubting her own position. She picked up her pace to a brisk trot, determined to get her say.

Now standing with others around her,standing before Kri,she listened to all that was being said,her ears constantly flicking from side to side, forward and behind. She agreed with what they were all saying. She was a great leader although she had her faults which could stop the herd from progressing for the better. Well it already had,with all the crap between her and Leander. She threw back her head and reared slightly. "Kri,I shell follow you still. You have made mistakes. Maybe Leander had some good ideas? But still,I shell follow your lead. What's done is done with Leander. Learn from how stubborn you can be,that you know you can be. Listen more and im sure the herd can be greater in the future as it is now." Her tone was wise. She had to listen to others if she wanted the herd to progress. Softening her tone she focused more on Kri. "I will support your lead as long as I feel it is right."

She believed she would be following Kri for a long time.

"blah blah blah."