the Rift

Like BLUE in the hour of one STAR [Open/God of the Spark]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

the haruspex

Mare. Everything I am I owe to Her. All the good and the bad in my life. All the sorcery and mystery. All the wisdom and madness. Even in the very beginning, before there could be space or time either, when every point of each of us touched every point of each of the others, She was there. She was Herself the one point out of which everything has come. And She was the coming, too. Why do you think we left but to follow Her?

In the very, very beginning, before there was a beginning, when everything was one point, Mare was all the incomprehensible meaning we needed. She held us together,. She made us one. Wholly promiscuous, for we were all together with her - yet wholly caste, for She was as utterly alone as we were -one whole and single point. What greater happiness could there be?

That was the question that doomed us. That we could think it at all bespeaks a terrible flaw in an otherwise perfect wholeness. But, of course, it was our perfection that inspired the question in the first place. How much happier could we be if we were to be part of Her yet apart from Her? How much more happiness would there be if we could see Her and be seen?

And with that question came the necessity for the space to see and the time in which to be seen, the space a hug needs, the time a kiss requires, a space and a time vast enough to embrace all the mystery of Her and equally ample enough to make room for all of us that wanted to see and hold Her.

This was not the first time the aged-stag had ventured to a seeing-pool, requesting audience with a God. Myr was no stranger to their flippant and selfish ways. He had grown to understand their customs, their needs and pleasures over his long years serving their whims. In truth, Myrddin had always assumed that once his physical body yielded itself to the Earth, that he would too become a being of light as they were, allowed to continue his search for wisdom. He knew of no greater treasure, than time; time to continue his search for wisdom. It was no cosmic coincidence that in the last years of his prolonged life, that he would serve the God of the Spark, himself.

As Myrddin entered the cave which held the great mirror, he felt instantly rejuvenated; as if his body had been re-calibrated to the cosmic hum of this ancient and magical place. His joints were no longer held captive by the arthritic monster that lived in his body; he no longer felt weary and burdened by his blindness. With a vigour that he had not felt in years, Myrddin knelt by the pool, dipping his gnarled and twisted horn into the waters. He was no unicorn of old, come to purify the waters so that a maiden may drink, but it was a custom none-the-less.

He would not shout, or beckon the God. His presence here would surely disrupt the terrestrial field enough that any God, much less one woven into the timelines Himself, would be alerted his presence. He was intrigued by this God in particular; Psyche would certainly do well as the matriarch of the newly-created Basin, but what specifically did this God have in mind, yielding her entry into this place?

[OOC: Myr believes there is an ultimate God, the Mare he refers to in his little soliloquy, who created every thing.]

To go on is to go through.
At last, even the seer is cremated.
Each seed loves the dark for the light it promises.

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

"You're an idiot."

The voice resounded through the cave in a dull, monotonous tenor. Vibrations shook the surface of the mirror which stood against the side of the cave, the glassy plane turning to something akin to liquid. A serrated horn appeared first, seemingly covered in an opaque coating. Soon followed the entire body of the God of the Spark, body taking on a metallic sheen until he shook the mirror's surface from his body. Like a magical cloth, all of the droplets and pieces reformed in mid air and sunk back into the mirror's frame as if nothing ever happened.

However, the God of the Spark now stood in the cave, his cold blue eyes staring down at the ancient unicorn before him with mild disinterest and a touch of disdain. "I have been through time, space and every damn corner of this world, and I have yet to see an old nag who is the mother of all things. Sorry, picked your brain. Hope you don't mind..." he trailed with an absent twist of his tail. A smile crossed the god's lips. "Also, sorry if I burst some childhood belief or whatnot." After a sideways glance, the dark-pelted figured moved through the cave, taking note of all that was around him, snorting at the work of his brother, the Earth God. He had indeed made the mountains well and strong.

He was not really sorry. The God had been through the world long enough to know to not get too attached to transient mortals. "Hhhmm... So, let me guess, you want some vision of the future? Some hint into the past, or maybe, you want me to alter the timeline?" he asked, curious now as to why exactly he was summoned in such a subtle way. "Go ahead, ask. I am feeling generous."

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

the haruspex

You're an idiot.

A smile breached Myr's tired old features as the walls resonated with the vibrant voice of the God. Myrddin raised just in time to feel the God step through the permeable membrane of the mirror altering the energy in the cave. Although he was certain that it would be as fixed in space-time as he was, should he ever try a manoeuvre like that. I have been through time, space and every damn corner of this world, and I have yet to see an old nag who is the mother of all things. Sorry, picked your brain. Hope you don't mind... The God continued, not hiding his disdain. Myrddin was not deterred however. Once, long ago, someone had told him "Go now, there are worlds other than these" While he believed the God had been to many corners of the world, the Universe, by hypothesis, was not something stagnant, with edges. And why would the great mare hide in some corner of the world, when there was so much open space in which to dwell? Still, he was not here to argue cosmic politics; though he gladly would, should the chance ever arise.

Hhhmm... So, let me guess, you want some vision of the future? Some hint into the past, or maybe, you want me to alter the timeline? Myrddin furrowed his brow, causing his wirey eyebrows to come together in a crooked line. What was he doing asking Myr? Perplexed, the old philosopher stood for a moment, thinking. Myrddin was a determinist, believing that each and every outcome, was determined by the outcomes immediately occurring before, and so on, ad infinitum. Lives were pre-determined, it was merely an epistemic question as to how things would turn out. The other God's he had encountered, the Goddess of the Moon who sent him on a quest, the firey God and the Earthy one, while powerful, were surely not all-knowing. This God however, could go forward in the timelines. He could change outcomes and witness events. Was Myrddin really so insignificant that this God would not bother to view his desires before hand before deciding to come? That he had come suggested that he was interested - which he seemed not to be - or that he already knew. So again, why was he asking?

Turning his sightless gaze to where he believed the God to be, based on the echo's his voice made on the cavern walls, Myrddin tipped his old head inquisitivley. "There is unrest amongst the herds; this you already know. I did not achieve so long a life by casting my lot in with those who are weak. You have provided a home to Psyche and her band, and though I very much doubt you would so much as blink at the suffering of the Basin's inhabitants, I would be inclined to think that you would not want your playthings to be destroyed at the hooves of your siblings. " Myrddin's memory ventured back to the meeting between the Sun God and this one, and the conversation that transpired there. The lives of those in the Basin were no more than minorly interesting pawns to the God, Myr was sure. But even a God doesn't like his things broken by others. "I seek nothing from you, other than the ability to protect what's yours. Pausing, Myrddin flicked his weathered, tattered tail. "You who have seen into the time streams - How would you have this play out?"

To go on is to go through.
At last, even the seer is cremated.
Each seed loves the dark for the light it promises.

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

The God of Time looked down at the pale stallion after speaking his turn, and he raised a brow, darkness shadowing his masculine face. Finally, the god came to a rest, solid hooves pausing somewhere between the mirror and the cave's entrance. He glanced out at the stunning valley he had managed to find, one of his brother's strong holds per chance. Or, just maybe, brother Earth had designed it for him. Either way, it belonged to him now. He as getting involved in a civil, familial war that had been waging for centuries without his input, and he simply wanted it to end.

"You are telling me your herd is too weak to protect themselves? That you need my intervention when the Throat and the Edge remain uncontested?" he asked with a sour expression, resting one hind hoof with disinterest. "The Gods do not directly meddle in the affairs of mortals - my rule, if you must know. The last time my siblings got too involved, the Spectral Marsh was formed from the pounding of a thousand hooves and the bodies buried there a testament to our influence and power." The God turned back to the white stallion. "So, simply put, no. I am not going to extend to you any special powers."

Then, he considered the second half of the question. "I do not know how far into the future you are asking me to look, haruspex." The God of Time glanced back in the mirror, seeing a strange, shadowy shape. He furrowed his brows curiously, and then the shadow disappeared. "Time is not linear; it is a tree. As you sneeze, you affect the world around you, causing thousands of branches, choices, from your action. I tend to watch, unless there is a rift that needs mending - a hole between worlds, if you will. A thin area."

"Keep an eye on that mirror. I believe you may have problems with it in the coming days," he warned.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom