the Rift

(Psyche) Return My Love, Or Suffer the Consequences

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
[Image: 50c363de13e47]

Valentine

Hatred. Lust. Love. These things flowed through his body. Psyche. The DarkEmpress of the Basin. He wanted to be her guard dog, her lover, maybe the father of her children. Was he really capable of that? Was she capable of that? He strode over the permafrost of the Frozen Arch, heading in the direction of the Aurora Basin. He had one goal, one thing to do. He needed to talk to Psyche again, and this time it had to be serious. He needed to talk to her about Sno, and needed to find out other things. Upon walking closer, he saw the herd. There were unicorns both lazing around or actually up and moving, or they were talking amongst themselves. He only had eyes for one though, and that was the dark mare that twisted herself around his heart. His eyes longed for her form, for her amber colored ones to meet his. There was a feeling like nothing else whenever she did have her eyes on him. He missed it. Surprising, he missed everything about her. He wanted to feel her skin on his muzzle, and hers on his. He wanted to make it known that he did love her. He knew and felt now the he truly did love her, and he was capable of loving. He hoped this would rub off on her, and let her see that this is what he wanted from her, or at least some of it. All he wanted was to know that she cared for him, and that he would be hers for as long as he lived, even if she didn’t want him after a while. His love really was unconditional, and he wanted her to know that more than anything. But there were things they needed to discuss, that of which included their love, Sno, and their future, if she wanted one. He didn’t want to make her choose between him and the Plague, but some incentive was needed for him as well. Knowledge was everything for him, and he couldn’t do anything with out it. It was all fall to pieces right before his eyes if it wasn’t done correctly, and even in his mind that would happen. He called out for her, loud enough for everyone to hear.
“Psyche, I demand your presence. I need to speak with you immediately, on important business.”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Follow the trail of blood…
You'll find me at the end.

ADMIN EDIT: please close your table all the way!
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

It was with an incredulous fury that the shadow-mare regarded the stallion that loved her as he called her out. In front of everyone. How dare he? How dare he demand her presence, as though she were a common whore at his beck and call? No, he would pay for this, and he would pay dearly. Her patience had grown thin, through no fault of his (she had not seen him in quite some time, what with being captured and then fighting to gain the trust of those she ruled. Where had he been then, hmm?), and she had no desire to deal with his feelings. Especially not on his terms. She was the god's chosen leader, the Lady of the Basin, the Dark Empress of Helovia, the Crux of the Plague. She was his leader, first and foremost, and he ought to treat her like one!

She took a deep breath, calming her angry thoughts, forcing herself into a state of calm. It simply would not do to allow her hard-earned work to go to waste, all for the sake of some idiotic male who had tricking himself into loving her. No, she would not give him the satisfaction of ripping her from her rule. It was her land, not his. She was in charge. Another deep breath, another moment to force the coldness from her gaze, to paste a lazy smile on her maw, to make him wait. He would wait for her, she would damn well make sure of that. She was taking control, and he would talk to her on her terms, and her terms only.

She was by the lake's shore, and she dipped her cranium to the water, taking a long drought. The liquid slid easily down her throat, quenching the fire that was growing there, lusting to speak her mind to the idiot that would speak as though he deserved her attention. Again, she pushed the anger down, closed her eyes for a moment to soothe her thoughts. Lifting her head, she opened her amber orbs, turned to watch the light steed as he waited. Finally, she started forward, her pistons carrying her at a lazy trot to his side, as though she had all day to do so. "We will walk," she told him shortly, struggling to make her words more than a hiss.

She was silent, striding with a purpose away from the herd, into the woods and towards the base of the mountains. It was a lovely day; birds twittered in the trees overhead, and she briefly mused about their presence so far north. How would they survive migrating come winter? But she did not care, and as quickly as the question surfaced, the seething mass of emotions that Valentine elicited surged forth once more, threatening to overwhelm her. Far enough from the herd now, she halted, whirled. "What is so important that you feel the need to demand my presence?" she asked, her voice low, but no doubt reflecting her offended state.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

He waited, looking around for her. He knew she must be somewhere around her. Others had heard him, and they looked over at him, and then in a different place. He saw her by a lake, where she wasn’t far out of his sight. Her body trembled, and he knew that it was anger. Great. Of course I made her mad. He knew that he shouldn’t have called her like that, but what else could he do? Wander around and look for her? She might not even have been there. How was I supposed to know? His own anger started to flair, but he knew that he shouldn’t be angry with her, and that it would just make things worse. He could see her trying to control her anger. Why? What was so important for her to act like that? She was changing, and he didn’t like it one bit. He walked drink, then “calmly” walk towards him. He saw the smile on her face, but he knew it wasn’t real. When she had came close enough to him, she told him to walk. He voice was a hiss, and it was clear now that she was angry. There was no touching, no love in her voice. He nodded before she moved passed him. He almost didn’t follow her, but he kept himself strong. He needed to do this, and there was never to be running away from it. He didn’t walk at her side, instead walked behind her with his head down. He was even more depressed now, and his emotions where all tangled into knots. He needed to fix that before they talked, otherwise nothing would happen. In the birdsong season, there were birds out, and the woods of which they walked started to be greener, and felt more alive after the harsh winter. The birds sang songs of happiness, and that failed to reach Valentine’s ears, and all he heard where songs of despair and sadness. He looked at Psyche to suddenly see her turn around and face him. They were by the mountains now, and there was some snow around them, but not a lot.

"What is so important that you feel the need to demand my presence?"

He was surprised by the sudden turn of events, for he hadn’t seen her coming. He stood there for a moment, a blank look on his face. Whenever he spoke to her, his voice was sad.
“Psyche…I didn’t mean to upset you. I didn’t want to necessarily demand your presence. I didn’t know where you were, if you were there or not, and I said that to find you. I wanted to speak to you about some personal things.” He looked up at her, straight into her eyes. “I want to know about Sno.”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

ADMIN EDIT: please close your table all the way!
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

BACCHUS
the good guys never win

What are they saying about my Snö? The small horse resisted the urge to bristle immediately. Instead, he let his feet wander; wander closer to the Lady Psyche and the Valentine- Lady Psyche whom he served, and Valentine who he did not like. Because he was talking about Snö behind her back! Snö! What did he have against her? Snö was a beautiful, impenetrable fortress.

So he came a little closer, nibbling at the grass, keeping his eyes on Lady Psyche's feet- but she wasn't Master Psyche, he had to remember that. But she called for a certain respect and servitude, being one of Snö's family. He, he the small slave, wanted to speak up- tell this, this, preposterous Valentine for speaking, for gossiping, behind Snö's back! He wasn't even that pretty. Humph!

Bacchus nibbled quicker at the grass as he drifted closer, one ear twisted, until he was only five feet away from them; and there he stood, wondering if he should run before some anger was placed on him by Psyche; but no, he had to listen. And a slave was ignored anyways- it was like, like, talking to a rock, most of the time- he was an object they didn't care for or pay attention to, for he was beneath them as he should be.

Then they were walking. With a moment's hesitation, the slave fell into step behind Psyche respectfully to the side, head low and eyes down. Snö had been missing for a while, unfortunately. So maybe he should stick to the Lady for now, because she was Snö's familly.

But he didn't say anything to defend Snö- right now it was not his duty. Only if they started plotting to kill her or something strange like that.

""

[Image: bacchus_by_ladyfey-d5jbta3.png]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Her sharp gaze was met with a blank look. Idiot, she thought vehemently, his apparent confusion angering her further. Did he not think before he acted? Was he such an ignorant fool that he would not consider the consequences of his actions? “Psyche…" Her name was a bane falling from his cursed tongue. "I didn't mean to upset you. I didn't want to necessarily demand your presence. I didn't know where you were, if you were there or not, and I said that to find you. I wanted to speak to you about some personal things.” Personal things? Confused irritation caused her lobes to swivel backwards. It was not his place to ask personal things of her. Lover or not, some things were best left unsaid. And surely he knew better than to demand answers of her.

Except that his actions thus far had proven otherwise. He looked up at her, straight into her eyes, holding her orange orbs with his. “I want to know about Snö.” This surprised her, and she stared at him, incredulous, disbelieving. How did he have the gall to ask such things of her, to blatantly refuse to back down from her obvious exasperation, to insist upon his right to know. How dare he? A movement to the side caught her attention; the slave, Rapha, had come to stand behind her, head lowered, silent. If he had been one of them, perhaps his actions would speak of having the Lady's back; as it were, his presence only made her wonder where his master, and the subject of their little chat, had gone off to.

"And why is it so imperative that you have every detail about my daughter?" she hissed. Her eyes had narrowed into slits, her auds flattened against her skull. She was restless now, and began to stalk back and forth before him, eyes never leaving his. In a way, her anger was a release; she had never loved him. Liked him, perhaps, but she would never care for him as he wanted her to. It would be easier to let him go now rather than continue to pretend. She was sick of pretending.

A maniacal laugh escaped, and she struggled to keep her voice down, to keep their conversation from carrying. She wanted it private. It was for no one else to know if she murdered the steed for his arrogance. "You want to know about Snö?" she sneered. "Fine. She is the daughter of myself and Mauja the FrostHeart; clearly he has such a keen interest in being a father, so why it should matter to you, I. Haven't. A clue." What did he want from her?

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

Mauja. Mauja the FrostHeart. The old King of the World’s Edge. The traces of his image poured into his head. Of course. That’s why she had been so familiar to him. He could see it now, she was the almost the spitting image of her father. He felt nothing at first. He just stood there, frozen in time. His body finally caught up with his mind, and his emotions took hold. There was nothing he could do about it of course, but there was nothing that could keep him from feeling that hate and anger. The jealousy. His anger was the first to hit, and he almost roared in pain. His whole body felt hot, like there was heat from the sun coming out of his veins. He suddenly burst into flames. All the red on his body was on fire, and he felt the pain of the fire burning into his skin at first, then it was gone. He was like a tree, so easily lit, but almost impossible to stop once the fire kindled. He looked at Psyche, flames pouring from his eyes, seeing her through flame with a burning passion. His voice grew deeper, and it rang around the forest they were in, echoing off the trees.
“Don’t take me for a fool Psyche. If you had a child with him, that is no business of mine. I am concerned only for you. I want to help you, or do you not understand? I care for you! You seem to always push those that love you away, or are too scared to admit it. Is that why you ran away with your tail between your legs when you pregnant with her?” He shouted that, no holding anything back. His fire would not disintegrate yet. He had more to say.
“Listen to me well Psyche; you maybe be ruler of this place, but not the ruler of me. But if you wish it, you can be the ruler of me as well. Right here, right now, I will vow to be your protector, your guard, and your slave. If you wish to decline my offer, then I shall be off, but be warned. We shall be enemies, you and I, and I will not let you forget it!”
His started to cool down, the fire pouring from his body no longer existed, and it disappeared from him completely within a matter of seconds. His eyes lost the redness, turning into a charcoal black, a side affect from the fire that was in them. Tears poured down his face, looking at the mare he loved.
“I love you Psyche. I just want to be yours, to help you rule, to do whatever I can for you.” More tears, and the emotions drained from him. Like he was nothing more than a bucket, and all of his water had been poured out of him.

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Image by infinitum-est

EDIT: Closed table.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
OOC | ELOPE.... I did not mean to skip you. ;_; Please forgive me <3

Her rage was beginning to cool as his was ignited; she knew that she was angering him, could tell from the wild look in his orbs, could tell from the hurt that shone from them. It was clear as day, and for a moment, just a moment, she felt the sting of guilt. It was a new emotion for her, that she should feel bad for hurting someone; and for that moment, she allowed herself to admit that, perhaps, she cared something for him, but it would never be what he wanted it to be.

And then the moment was over, and he burst into flame.

She might have startled, if she were any other mare, but she wasn't, and she didn't. She simply stared, frozen in place, almost as incapable of movement as she would have been if she was encased in granite. Fire seemed to stream from every pore in his body, coursing up the sides of his pelt, pouring from his eyes, ears, nose. When he spoke, his words came in breaths of flame. And she was still, silent, thoughts clashing wildly in her mind: how could he survive this, how was he not writhing in pain, why wasn't his pelt singing, why didn't he look like her mother's corpse, burning so brightly in her mind's eye...

"Don’t take me for a fool Psyche," he roared, his voice like nothing she had ever heard from the mouth of the lovestruck fool. "If you had a child with him, that is no business of mine. I am concerned only for you. I want to help you, or do you not understand? I care for you! You seem to always push those that love you away, or are too scared to admit it. Is that why you ran away with your tail between your legs when you pregnant with her?" That struck a nerve, and spurred her into action; despite his still flaming body, she pinned her lobes flat against her skull, bared her teeth in a warning.

But he wasn't done. “Listen to me well Psyche; you maybe be ruler of this place, but not the ruler of me. But if you wish it, you can be the ruler of me as well. Right here, right now, I will vow to be your protector, your guard, and your slave. If you wish to decline my offer, then I shall be off, but be warned. We shall be enemies, you and I, and I will not let you forget it!” Now he threatened her? He who would vow his life to her would threaten her? Well, she would have none of it. He had spoken his piece, and now, it was her turn.

He had wounded her pride, if nothing else, and she would not tolerate it. "How dare you?" she shrieked, past the point of caring if others herd. "You proclaim your love for me, and you proclaim to know my deepest fears-" The word was a sneer. "-and yet I wonder - do you truly know anything at all?" Her orbs glinted with some powerful emotion: anger, perhaps, or hatred. Certainly nothing akin to love. Perhaps her actions now would haunt her in her future; but she was not one to plan for that. No, her fury pushed her into rash action, and she knew that she would stubbornly stand by her actions, even when filled with regret.

It was Mauja all over again, except Valentine had chosen to confront her. He was braver, then, than the FrostHeart, or was he? Was he merely stupid? His flames were dying now, absorbing into his skin. Tears streamed down his face, poured from soulless black eyes. She took a step back. This was somehow worse than his anger. "I love you Psyche. I just want to be yours, to help you rule, to do whatever I can for you." She had never asked for his love, did not want his love. She was incapable of love. He should have known that, surely she had told him. Where had she gone so wrong?

I love you, Psyche, it was an echo in her mind, and she looked at him with amber orbs gone flat. There was no anger now, no fury. There was simply no emotion at all. She could not run this time, she knew that; she would not. She owed her herd. She led them now, and something as trivial as one stallion's ruined love could not sway her from her role. She was a part of something bigger than just them - why couldn't he see it? "I cannot love you," she said in a tone something akin to gentle. Something flickered in her orbs, was pushed down, as perhaps it always had been and always would be. "Nor can you help me rule. I cannot give you what you desire, Valentine. You don't want me."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

After all of that, all the emotion that had spilled out on the ground, a laugh could be heard. It echoed in the forest, quiet at first, then growing louder. It wasn’t crazy surprisingly, but it was heavy, sinking like a stone from the one that made it. It came from his slightly open maw. He looked at the black mare in front of him, looked at her with charcoal. Was she really that stupid? He heard the words she had echoed at him before he made his vow, but he ignored them. He struck a nerve in her, and he meant to. He would not apologize for that, for being in the heat of anger and saying things he didn’t mean, when he meant every word of it. The stallion was unknowing of what Psyche had thought, about the guilt that she had felt, but he saw that some emotions run through her, so he had finally got to her. He looked at her again, feeling a shy smile run across his maw. Was he crazy? Should he be angry right now? But now was not the time for that. He had said what he wanted, and that was all. It was time now to tell her what he thought about her, truly.
“You must take me for a fool. Well, I may be a fool, but I’m your fool. You are incapable of love, as I thought I was, but I was greatly mistaken. You can learn to love Psyche; I have the faith in you. If you choose to do so, then you can." He looked at her, eyes returning to their normal color, darker now, but they would grow brighter as he went one. “I don’t think you understand me either. Do you know exactly what it is I desire? Maybe we don’t know much about each other after all.”He paused, his heart hurting. Why had things gone so wrong so quickly? Would this really be the way it had to be? “Even if you don’t love me, I don’t mind. My laughter was directed towards you last comment.” He smiled again, almost a laugh escaping his lips. “I don’t want you? There is clearly a reason why I do; maybe you are just blind to it. Why would I go through all this trouble if I didn’t think something more of you? I’m not a tease darling, you should know that.” He walked towards her, till their muzzles were almost touching. “I will give you time. All the time you need. Think. Think, about it. That’s all I ask. Even if you deny me, I will help you with whatever you need. Just promise me you won’t send me away, not without good cause.”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Image by infinitum-est

EDIT: Table closed.

Unregistered

BACCHUS
the good guys never win

Bacchus flinched in terror as their voices rose, but he didn't dare leave Psyche's side. Mistress she was, while Snö was gone, and so he would remain. To leave would be the sign of utmost disrespect, a terrible thing to do.

So even despite his fear, the little boy walked along with them. Of course, it was rather interesting to hear Valentine declare love, and he couldn't help but wonder what would happen if he said he loved Snö. He would probably get a beating, that's what. Yet Snö held his heart in the way a master held its dog. The dog didn't exactly realize he was far, far from getting real love in return, and so he remained a quiet submissive creature, even if he obeyed with affection.

But if Psyche was his master right now, this stallion bothering her had to be told off. The slave darted in between them, planting himself solidly before Valentine.

"Back off, unicorn! The Lady has rejected you, do you need to be told twice?" There was fear all over him, fear make him shake. He was a little guard-dog, maybe not so strong, but he would hold on and bite.

[It's okay! I lost this thread, didn't know you had posted :/ Feel free to hit Bacchus or whatever.]

[Image: bacchus_by_ladyfey-d5jbta3.png]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

She watched him impassively, betraying no emotion on her calculating features. She would not give him the satisfaction of getting a rise out of her again, nor would she show him the myriad of feelings fluttering in her breast. And a myriad there was indeed: there was anger, of course, there was always anger within the Dark Empress. Anger at the inferiors, primarily, but anger also towards the FrostHeart, who had deserted her so like her family. Yes, she was angry with them as well, and now Valentine had added his name to the list. What she would never admit, though, was that she was the most furious with herself.

And there was more. The vaguest stirrings of guilt rose in her mind, guilt that fueled her anger. It was her own fault that the steed thought himself in love with her, she knew that - but how had she allowed it to get this far? She would lose a loyal follower over this, would hurt one that had become her kin, if not through blood. It was a loss that she would feel, perhaps not deeply, but would feel nonetheless. And for this, she was saddened. Perhaps she even wished that it would be easy for her to return his affections. Perhaps she wanted to be able to love as he loved her (though she did not wish it to be him that she loved).

Regardless, none of her thoughts crossed her face as she stood there, silent, allowing his words to wash over her. "You must take me for a fool. Well, I may be a fool, but I’m your fool. You are incapable of love, as I thought I was, but I was greatly mistaken. You can learn to love Psyche; I have the faith in you. If you choose to do so, then you can." He was wrong, of course. He did not know her as he thought he did. She could not, would not, learn to love. Love was weakness, and weakness was not a trait that she could claim. I cannot, she might have said; but instead she stood close-mouthed, waiting, for he was not yet finished.

“I don’t think you understand me either. Do you know exactly what it is I desire? Maybe we don’t know much about each other after all.” Well, that much was true, as the red-marked stallion was proving oh-so-well. “Even if you don’t love me, I don’t mind." The mark of desperation dripped from his lips, and she smiled ruefully, knowing that he hadn't a clue what he was promising. "My laughter was directed towards your last comment,” he continued with a smile of his own. “I don’t want you? There is clearly a reason why I do; maybe you are just blind to it. Why would I go through all this trouble if I didn’t think something more of you? I’m not a tease darling, you should know that.”

This she did know; but she also knew that she would never return his affections as he thought she could, would. "You are not a tease, Valentine. But I am." Her words were flat, devoid of the emotion that he no doubt longed for. Surely by now he would settle for any emotion - she showed neither love, nor hate, nor anything else. They were just empty words. "You would pledge your love to me, and I would use your love without ever returning it." Once, she would not have warned him so. But she was different now.

Or was she?

"I will give you time. All the time you need. Think. Think, about it. That’s all I ask. Even if you deny me, I will help you with whatever you need. Just promise me you won’t send me away, not without good cause." She opened her maw, about to respond, to tell him to leave, that he ought not pledge himself to her, but before she could get the words out, the slave leaped in front her her. Had he been a dog, he would have had teeth bared, hackles raised, and the thought that she, of all unicorns, would need the protection of a lowly slave brought a laugh from her throat. "Back off, unicorn! The Lady has rejected you, do you need to be told twice?"

She was amused, but also annoyed - did the slave think she could not fight her own battles? And why was he there, anyway? Where was his master, and why was he not with her? The shadow-mare frowned. "Slave. Behind me." Her words were curt, and she stepped around him, placing a sharp nip on his flank, flattening her auds against her cranium. He would likely have expected worse from her, but she was not to be distracted; she would question him later, when she had the time, about Sno, about his actions. But for now, her eyes were only for Valentine.

"You say I take you for a fool, Valentine, and perhaps you are right. Only a fool could claim love for me repeatedly, as I repeatedly tell him that I do not return his affections. But perhaps you, in turn, take me for something that I am not," she said, her eyes hardening. "Perhaps you take me for a common whore? To think that I would need your assistance? No." She was harsh, of course - but how else to make him understand? "There are very few things that I will promise to anyone, Valentine, but this I promise you: I will not love you."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

His heart was beyond broken. Her words echoed in his head. He wanted to scream, to say they weren’t real, that this was all just a dream. But he knew this we real. There was nothing he could do about it. A common whore? He laughed, a bitter cold and ugly one.
“Your only a whore if you’ve had a child with more than stallion. By that case, you aren’t.” He looked at her, his eyes dull, unfeeling. There was no emotion in him, just as it was in her. The love between them was gone. The words had destroyed him, broken him. Sticks and stones never did a thing to him, but her words broke his bones, all of them. She was his weakness, and he knew that he was wrong in doing that. He could he had fallen in love with her? He saw now what she really was. She was the Wicked Witch, the giant Troll Queen. She was the frozen beautiful queen of Narnia, the deadly one that manipulated and used the poor naïve boy. In his downfall he realized his mistakes. Now he would correct them. In the end, this wicked Queen would die. He would make sure of that. His thoughts went elsewhere. He had forgotten about one important thing: the slave. He thought to himself again, saying it again as it had been said before, how dare he? He wanted to kill him on the spot, to make his blood sink into the snow, and roll in it. His murder was useless, and his master, whom had disappeared, would easily be dealt with. He didn’t care about her or her wretched mother. He growled, looking at the lowly slave. His eyes poured fire, and he felt the flame rise again.
“Lowly slave; you’ll pay for that.” He lunged toward him, hitting his ablaze horn toward the steed. He marked a light gash on his skin, hoping to see it burn and singe. He laughed afterwards, turning his back to the two.
“I hope we meet again my Queen. For it shall be under certain circumstances that we do.”

(He wants to walk away, you can either stop him or talk to him behind his back, either letting him hear you or not. Sad day :'{ )

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Her words had cut deeply. She could see it, a palpable emotion as anguish transformed his face into a mask of pain and hatred. She had made an enemy. He did not love her as he once had; she had never loved him. The facades were broken, the walls between them rubble at their feet. In a way, it was a relief. But was it really her fault? His stupidity had led him here, his belief that she could, would ever love him. It was laughable, really. What had she to gain from loving him? He might argue that love, by its nature, did not involve gains or losses; she thought him a fool. Every decision must be based on winning or losing. If you do this, you will gain that. If you do that, you will lose this. Such was the way of the world, and those who refused to conform to the system were, quite simply, weak.

Rapha's movement had been folly as well, but of a different kind. At least his intentions were noble, for a slave, though he was stupid. Perhaps he deserved death, but she would not be the one to give it to him; nor would she allow Valentine to do so. The slave was Sno's, and Sno's alone. If she desired him alive, then alive he would remain. She would not throw herself in front of the hornless and take the blow, but she would, oddly enough, defend what she now considered her property. She darted to the side, auds flattening against her skull, cranium held high. Imperiously, she hissed a warning, but it was too late; the idiot steed had charged. Her temper flared. Regardless of whether or not he had hit his mark, it was not his place to do so, and he would be punished.

"You will not touch my daughter's slave again," she told him. Her voice boomed with the power of her ranking, though is and her eyes were cold, devoid of emotion. One might call it hatred, but they would not be entirely correct. Valentine had served, and loyally, but he had turned now. It did not make him a traitor, not until he joined the other side. The non-racists. She merely did not wish to have him around, did not have any emotion for him whatsoever. "Different circumstances, it will be indeed, Valentine. It will be with you as an outcast while I remain a queen. I do hope you enjoy living alone, darling. You have until the sun touches the mountains to be out of my land."

And then she turned and walked away.

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Unregistered
[He leaves with Psyche *merp*]