the Rift

They're coming to take me away ha ha! [ open ]

Sybil Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A vulgar screech, like nails on a chalk board, impregnated the air. The birds that had been nonchalantly perched among the many tree branches took to the skies while letting out cries of their own. The sound was dreadful but the source of the disturbance was not clear. Not until the grulla harlot stepped into the glade however. Sybil’s jaws were parted wide and from her gullet came the vilest rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star that had ever been produced. Sybil’s movements were dramatic as she seemed to saunter and dance at the same time, making for quite a spectacle I’m sure. The ugly femme tossed her skull in every direction as she belted the lyrics passionately; rising up on her posterior limbs she reached for ghosts begging them to tango with her. Transporting her pistons back to the soil Sybil swapped her front legs with her back as she kicked at the canopy haphazardly. Sybil was in her own little world as usual. A world where she is Lady Gaga and everyone else is her biggest fan, where she is Jesus and all other life merely her disciples. You are lucky to hear her musical talents, and don’t you forget it.

After a few moments more of this wonderful performance something stirred within the forest and brought Sybil to an abrupt halt. Sybil’s dome was elevated as her horns swiveled about probing for the individual whom dared disturb her grand show. Cold cerulean slit pits glared at the foliage that flanked her with suspicion. A snort was expelled harshly from her nostrils as Sybil’s previously enquiring audits fell back against her crania out of displeasure. Well whatever it was had gone and had taken her groove mood with it. Relaxing her posture Sybil dropped her head to the level of her bodice and began to move through the shrubbery once more, slithering through the trunks of the sundry trees like a pestilential serpent. There was no destination on the agenda for this mare. Sybil had known nothing but the existence of a vagabond and as she slunk her way through the Threshold she anticipated nothing more than for it to be yet another place to rest her loony head for the night. She was bursting with low expectations.

As Sybil opened her maw to commence her stupendous song she was cut short when she stumbled upon a cluster of rabbits to her right, behind a thorn bush, quietly munching on a bed of clovers. A rascally grin mutilated Sybil’s lips revealing her mouth full of jagged and yellowed incisors as she pondered what shenanigans she could unleash. Gradually she rotated, sinking her head out of their line of vision, and went into stealth mode. Unobtrusively she made her way towards them, trying her best not to laugh, in an instant she was behind the bush and ready for the assault. With all her force Sybil pushed off from the terrain and launched herself over the barb infested shrub towards the hares who had, just seconds prior, been blissfully unaware of the tomfoolery that was about to unfold. Landing with a thud Sybil had her optics equal with theirs and in the blink of an eye she began to roar at them, spittle and chunks of last night’s dinner making a new home within their adorable fur. As was expected the diminutive critters darted and when they did Sybil seized the nearest one by the tail and pitched it into the air wickedly. When the inauspicious bunny finally made it back to earth and gathered his wits Sybil began to giggle which rapidly escalated into a cackle and the next thing Sybil knew she was laying in the grass convulsing violently with glee.

I believe I forgot to inform you that our dear Sybil here is indeed mad, as mad as one can get. Welcome to another day in the life of a lunatic.

image credits

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

I retracted my ebony claws, slipped down lower, nearly on my chest, moving completely silently across the forest floor. My ears swivelled cautiously, trying to catch the source of the horrendous singing interrupting the peace and quiet of the Threshold, even if it was often flooded with idiots making a fool of themselves. A low growl started in my throat, a low thrum that carefully wove with a higher note, a deep one there, until it was steadying to a low roar.

It came from my mouth like a wild animal, exploding into the air and sending the birds just resettling in the tall, slender trees off in wild cackles and nervous trills. The beats of their wings was a rhythm that sent my pulse pounding as I moved forward again, creeping silently.

I lifted my head over the green foliage shading me, and straightened up to my full weight on my ebony paws, lifting my eyes up doubtfully to study the mare set in front of me. There was no other words to describe her- she was ugly. Her coat was a shade of brown mixed with just enough green and crap to make her look as if she was... well, better to keep that thought in my head. Most curiously of all, the icy-eyed creatures was bare-necked and had a leonine tail, even despite the fact there was not even a fragment of a horn jutting from her forehead.

I leaped up a tree, claws coming out, dislodging a shower of tree bark behind me as I left gouge marks behind me, creeping up and turning swiftly to face her, watching from one of the thicker tree branches a good twenty feet off the ground. I watched, tail-tip twitching, as she chased the bunnies. I watched, interested, as her lips parted to expose long canines. Carnivorous? I watched in silence as she tossed the rabbit into the air, although my onyx jaguar body tensed in need to eat it.

Just as she left it, she fell over laughing. The soft brown-furred creature wandered over to under my tree, and with the slinkiness of a predator, I fell from the tree onto it, sending the fragile bones snapping. I repositioned myself, feeding on it, enjoying the warm blood flowing from it and loving the scraps of meat along it. Rabbits were always plump and soft. I do not speak, instead, I keep an eye on the chortling mare.

Unregistered

Sybil was too enthralled rolling around in her mirth to notice the precious rabbit endeavoring to escape. She had no objective of ingesting the little bugger and had intended to let it leave with its life; however Mother Nature had other plans. Sybil had no knowledge of the feline’s presence until it hurdled from the tree and crushed its prey. It was the sound of the cracking of bones, like the snap of a thin twig, that really caught Sybil’s attention and she sat up abruptly, silencing herself. Snake like azure chasms searched the immediate area for the cause of the horrendous noise, hastily her eyes found the stygian barbarian and her horns perked with interest. Sybil watched as the rubicund liquid flowed in plenty from the cavernous wounds penetrating the hare’s neck. It trickled to the ground and contrasted well with the viridian of the fresh spring grass, pooling gracefully before the carnivore. Without warning Sybil broke into hysterics once again and fell back on her side, her body reverting back to its convulsions of laughter. There was no way to know what exactly she found so funny about the scene in front of her but apparently it was hilarious. After another moment Sybil collected herself and arouse yet again, looking back to the jaguar with a grin plastered to her maw.

Her tongue lapped at her chops with jealousy for she had aimed to let the rabbit live but was now lamenting that decision, it just looked so damned delicious. Sybil’s pits leisurely traveled from the inanimate form of the bunny, dangling from the jaws of the wild beastie, to the cat’s ancient voids as it scrutinized her persistently. She knew how vulnerable she was at that moment, that once the predator was done with its little nosh she could easily be the entrée, but no fear enveloped her. Perhaps she knew that the animal had no mind to eat her, perhaps she was hoping that it really just wasn’t that hungry, or the most likely option was that Sybil was just too demented to give a shit. The smile grew on her lips as she observed the sable mammal with a twinkle of jest in her optics. Imperturbably she began to lift herself from the earth, her slender limbs working to gain balance under her svelte figure. A soft laugh was emitted as she gathered stability on all fours once more and rotated to face the obsidian fiend.

“Well aren’t you a cute wittle kitty cat?! Are you enjoying your snacky snack?”

Sybil snickered and lowered her dome letting her audits fall back against her skull. The sneer that was ever present on her foul mug revealed her teeth this time, making her look almost just as deadly as the wildcat in front of her. Her serpentine appendage swayed behind her before slowly winding its way around her posterior leg and coming to rest, the tip nonchalantly twitching.

“Say what if Sybil was going to eat that? That was very rude you silly kitty meow.”

Sybil hissed impishly with a minor hint of malice to her words. Now that she thought about it what if she was going to eat that? The thought actually began to upset Sybil as she stared at the swarthy hued creature with a novel distain, examining it as it greedily ate every last appealing morsel. Turning her head to the side Sybil stared at the cat with one curious eye awaiting its next move. Quietly Sybil pondered if she would still have a jugular in a moment, or if the feline would; only time would tell.

{ ooc: a little odd, still trying to get used to her, sorry about the wait :D }

image credits

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

The stupid mare fell over in her hysterics again, and I growled softly, a low rumble that began in my chest and reverberated through the air. Who was this jacked-up mare? Had she been eating too many mushrooms? My tail-tip flicked in annoyance as she began to squeal at me. Nonsense. I was no itty bitty cat. Jesus! One would think oneself should respect a wild horse-eating predator. Still, there was no reason to avoid attacking her.

But I may as well enjoy a moment here with my shredded rabbit. My claws work deep into the soft downy fur, bits of meat embedded in between my claws, a rather uncomfortable feeling, but one that would go away should I transform into equine form. But why would I, when I can frighten away this mare with a good snarl and a swipe of my claws? Mares. They were idiots, stupid dumbasses who didn't know a thing about life.

Then the ugly, foul creature in front of me grinned, exposing teeth jagged. Her breath was hot, disgusting, filthy, impure; and I stood over my easy kill, bared my teeth just as she had. Who was she to dare and fight with a queen of battle? The mother of two chiefs? A fool, that's who. A lowly bitter peasant not even worth my time. Mares. I should just kill her, get rid of this beast befouling the earth with its presence. She was a crime, this leonine-tailed maiden.

I roar, a blasting thing that echoes through the forest and sets the birds a fluttering. My tail lashes, once, twice, and I snarl again. Leave before I make you.

Unregistered

Sybil had never known how to comprehend and feel an assortment of emotions. From an early age it was apparent she wasn’t all there and her mother, before she too gave up on dear Sybil, had taught her the triviality of emotions. Fear being one of them. Even now as she stared this piceous beast in the eye, her potential grim reaper, there was not even an inkling of terror within her bones. Amusement was all that she felt. The world is a funny place, and if you can’t laugh you won’t survive. Though I suppose in cases like this it could get you slain too. Yet again Sybil had not learned to dread her demise, and even now as it might be upon her she didn’t recognize it. It was just another game, a dance with death.

When the jaguar roared Sybil rotated her crania back to behold the feline with both eyes. Her ears stood erect as she listened to the startled fowls make their escape; they were much wiser than she. Sybil hardly reacted but to emit a boisterous snort and retract her teeth. Pulling her dome back to its full height she studied the agitated feline with curiosity, wondering how many more buttons she could push within this monster. Gradually she lowered her hindquarters towards the earth, pulling her rear legs out to lie beneath her as she kept her anterior pistons straight to balance herself. The position she took was akin to one she’d seen many wolves sit in, but to see a horse sedentary like this surely must have been bizarre. Sybil let her tail flop to the side and twitch much like the cat’s appendage was, in mockery.

“Stupid kitty, stop yelling you’re giving Sybil a headache.”

Her tone was dull and after Sybil spoke she yawned, her boredom noticeable. Sybil could sense this creature was arrogant, that it had never been put in its place because of the advantage it had in these lands. However Sybil was sure of one thing and that was this feline had never dealt with an individual like her before, because she had nothing to lose and that made her lethal. Sybil was not one to fight often, and though she liked to toy with others she characteristically wouldn’t let it escalate into combat. Even now she would try and sway it from bloodshed, despite her apparent aspiration to rile the cat. Making eye contact with the demon her icy sliced chasms gazed into the wildcat’s voids and waited. For what exactly she did not know, but everything was so surreal to Sybil that it truly didn’t matter.

image credits

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Paramore

~ Ignorance ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A angry screech brought Tribute up to high alert mode. Some large cat seemed to be prowling in the area. Did Tribute was to find his way to in? No. Maybe. Yes. Yes. He did. It would be more interesting then a regular meeting with another Equine of some sort; that's if it wasn't just some dumb cat lurking in the forest thinking they ruled this world when they didn't. Helovia was a land belonging to the Equines,Unicorns and Pegasus's. No one else. Not even the biggest of cats would drive them out. Not Tribute anyway. A sudden speed change from a walk into a thunderous gallop made the birds around hastily flap there wings to get away. They hadn't expected it the booming noise at all.

Creeping in behind the..mare he could see a snarling jaguar digging into what remained of what looked like a rabbit but her appeared to have left it and was facing the mare,his teeth bared. A leonine tail. A body color that seemed smudged with all different shades of browns,creating a ugly appearance and-no mane? There are words to describe horses like her...and they are words meaning anything but pretty. Neither was how she spoke. Her words were taunting and mocking,as if she was to stupid to know what this creature could do to her if he choose to.

Stepping out from the darkness shadows of the trees he stood next to the mare,not to close though. Perhaps you should be wiser in the presence of one that could kill you?" He spoke,defending none of the two,only addressing the ugly brute of a mare using a wiser choice of words. He then addressed the jaguar. "Leave cat,unless you want your head kicked in." He cat couldn't,he wouldn't stay. Where ever the main population of cats lived this one had strayed to far. "What is your name horse?" He turned his attention again to the ugly beast of a mare.

"blah blah blah."