the Rift

[FALLS] Long and Dark December

Adeamus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The snow decorated the trees. The snow cooled them down. There had been the great gift of snow... white snow. It had keep them from dying from thirst. No, the snow always left though. The ground of this forest had few twigs and some places with a mere few bites of grass. He was brave through all the seasons. He arched his head and made it through all of them.

It was Bird Song. The birds tweeted their greetings and song, then fluttered off. The deer conversed and then butted antlers. He was new. He had lived on the out skirts of this place. Watching from the bowels. He wanted to see these horse's decisions, movements, actions, and how they spoke. It was all so knew to him.

He had also kept a close eye on one particular herd. The Foothills. It was rolling foothills. It seemed the world was painted green and brown here. New herds and groups broke out. The Grey, Ex-Edge, The Plague, Throat, Edge. So many horses here, but he didn't see any now. He knew they would find him, but he wanted to join the Foothills. It is that in which he believed was right. Nothing gets in the way of his beliefs. The reasons he choose the Foothills was that they were going to welcome him, he could tell with a gut feeling of his. He also knew their numbers needed to grow. He could just sense these things.

His solid hard hooves kiss the the ground. His ached neck was held so elegantly. His strides were so graceful. He was hard to turn away from. He had a charming way, but he didn't get what he wanted by using any charm. He earned it with hard-work.

OOC: I am not the BEST RPer... Sorry if it's a little dry. I am still trying to connect with Adeamus.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

“Oh, and we shall go, carry on those wondrous souls. From the tops of the mountains to the deepest of seas, search and you shall find me…”

She was singing. It was odd, Romani surmised, that she would be singing as she and Kasai picked their way through the beauty of Helovia’s Threshold. The trees were greener than she remembered, thriving since the sickly grasp of Frostfall dropped its firm hold upon the land. The grass grew here in abundance, flowers dotting the greenery with their natural beauty and assortment of colors, and with the soft breeze caressing her body, it was a perfect day to be out and about. At her side, little Kasai pranced ahead, ears flicking this way and that as she absorbed the sights and smells of the land.

It was only the white tiger’s second trip to the Threshold, but the palomino mare knew that the cub would grow more acclimated to the land the older she got. Not only was it simply a beautiful place to venture whenever she needed a break, but it was rewarding to find lost souls who were desperately searching for a home. Humming beneath her breath, tiger and horse continued on their way, the warrior’s sharp, azure eyes keeping watch on their surroundings. Even though the day was bright and peacefully, that didn’t mean that they wouldn’t run into trouble.

“… And that day, when you find me, we will see what fate has brought; for as night and day, cold and hot, it was always you I sought.”

Stepping through the trees, Romani’s crisp eyes immediately landed on the form of a Pegasus stallion, watching for a few moments as his muscled, blood bay body moved fluently through the land. He walked with precision and grace, ebony tail held proudly, and for a few moments she admired his equally dark wings before opening her mouth to call a greeting. At her side, Kasai had paused as well, regarding this Pegasus stranger with a look of curiosity. Ah, yes, that was right… It was the first time that the tiger cub had seen a Pegasus.

“A fine day for a stroll, don’t you think?” Romani asked, her azure eyes sparkling in kindness and joy, and her dark lips turning upwards in a welcoming smile. She shifted her weight and tossed her head, ivory forelock flicking from her gaze so she could better examine this stallion before her. He seemed nice enough that the Foothills warrior didn’t worry about introducing herself. “My name is Romani, warrior of the Windtossed Foothills, and this is Kasai, my companion.” Turning her head, she tipped her muzzle down to the white tiger cub, who still regarded the stallion with uncertainty. Surely the cub just didn’t know what to make of his massive wings… Honestly, Romani wouldn’t be surprised if she merely wanted to play with the feathered appendages.

[OOC: You’re doing fine, dear. :3 It always takes some time to get into a character’s head.]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Unregistered
A soft voice in the distant carries a joyous harmony of song, tone, and melody. As she finishes the first part, he looks to the direction of the song. Seeing no one their, but conforming their presence, the melody starts again. He takes a moment to process the singing. It sounded so sweet, he admired just listening to it.

A golden figure walked into his view. Her voice pierced the silence after her singing. My name is Romani, warrior of the Windtossed Foothills, and this is Kasai, my companion. He had never seen a stripped animal like that. He didn't fear the animal, but he was cautious and unsure.

The cub looked at his wings shocked, curious, and wanting to play with them. He kept his wings folded and tight against his cherry coat. Nearly white orbs flicked back and forth between the two. "Hello Romani, and Kasai..." He paused unsure if the cat-like thing could understand him. He continued. "I am Adeamus, a traveler in this place. I have lived on the outskirts of this place, watching, wondering, and seeing. It seemed safe..." He trailed off slightly and peered for a quick moment at the cat thing. "And it may be, but for now I am cautious." When he finished, he realized he had said a lot, and thought he should give her a chance to speak.

Like him, she was easy on the eyes and ears. A palomino, he believed. She had white feathering on her legs. Her companion was young, that was obvious, but the cat was very unusual to him. It was white with ebony lines that were streaked up and down and only up and down.

He wasn't dismissive of the pair for two reasons, the cat intrigued him, and the mare was from Foothills. He flicked on ear back and analyzed them while waiting for a type of response from either of them.

Romani

A part of her felt embarrassed for being caught while she was singing. After all, the mare rarely sang, and had only started doing so recently because it seemed to bring Kasai some comfort, and calmed the cub when she was far too rambunctious. After all, it was terribly hard to sleep when one had an energetic cub clambering all over you, chewing on ears and tails… She sang simple things, lullabies and tales of love or adventure that she remembered hearing as a filly from her parents. The song she had previously been singing was one of her favorites; a tale of two loved ones who were separated, then by fate, found each other again.

Keeping that soft smile, Romani’s azure eyes focused completely on the stallion before her, listening intently to the words that he spoke. Adeamus was what he called himself, a strange sounding name to her lips, and while he was obviously new to Helovia, it seemed he was familiar with the lands, and obvious sign that he had been keeping tabs on his neighboring country. Kasai remained quiet as well, not moving closer but not fleeing from the towering form of the Pegasus, which is what she was prone to do when encountering new individuals. It seemed the bundle of fur was genuinely curious of Adeamus’ wings; they were like those of the birds she occasionally watched in the Foothills, yet they were attached to the body of a horse. The cub, although somewhat capable of understanding Romani when she spoke because of the tones that the mare used, knew nothing of the words that Adeamus spoke. His greeting was lost on her.

When the blood bay grew silent, Romani took her chance and spoke up, taking a small step forward. “You and I are alike then, it seems,” she said gently, nostrils flaring to intake his smell. It was a foreign scent, musky yet warm, but she filed it away to be remembered. “When I came into this land, I was a wanderer as well, then I was found and brought home to the Foothills. You say that you’ve wondered about Helovia… Perhaps I can answer any questions you may have? I would also be more than happy to direct you to a herd, if you’re by chance searching for somewhere to settle?”

Maybe this stallion would even like to join her back to the Foothills, if he was searching for a home? While their numbers were growing, their herd was still small and vulnerable. As a warrior, Romani’s main concern was the protection of her home. Perhaps Adeamus could become a warrior as well, to protect the land that she had grown to love?

[OOC: Post… Not as good. XD Sorry, dear.]

Unregistered
He only waited the slightest amount of time before she spoke. He flicked both ears forward and listened intently. You and me are alike then, it seems... Were they really? He didn't think so. Every one thought something right?

He relaxed slightly forgetting the cat-thing. Without really thinking about what she said, he was confident. "I do not think we are alike. If we are, wouldn't
I have a companion? And already live here?"
He gave her a slight smile to show he was only kidding. "...But seriously I am looking for a herd and a place to call home. I have no questions that come to mind now." He was happy the mare gave thought to him. Some had just totally ignored the stag. It didn't bother him though.

"Should I have questions?" He wasn't kidding this time. He thought he was vigilant, but they were already so different then what he thought. "Did you have a lot of questions when you came?" He was curious. It was his nature. His ebony lips ceased to move and he fell silent. Awaiting her answer.

OOC: Sorry it's REALLY short...

Romani

His words were puzzling for Romani to hear. Tilting her head slightly to the side, her forelock slipped and fell in front of her piercing azure eyes, but she resisted the urge to shake it once more from her face. It was only a moment later that she realized Adeamus had been joking, and a smile once more crossed her lips, a chuckle resonating deep from her compact body.

“Well, good sir, I suppose that can be true, if you wish to become that technical over the matter.” She shook her head then, meeting the stallions gaze. Oh, should he have questions? That depended… When Romani came to Helovia from her years of travelling, her only concern had been settling down. Could she have done it? Would she be confined to the restrictions of her herdland? The answer had been no. She was free to do what she chose, and that alone was reassuring enough to allow herself to settle down into Helovia, in the Foothills.

It was as she spoke that Kasai seemed to finally relax, her tail beginning to swing to and fro in carefree eagerness. The cub’s still-blue eyes went from the Pegasus, his wings, and then down to the grass around her tiny paws. A long blade of grass blew in the slight breeze, and the sudden movement caused the predatory instincts in the cat to come forth, and with a pathetic growl the tiger pounced, catching the piece of grass in her paws. Her tail flicked, ears pinned, and Romani chuckled once more before redirecting her gaze to Adeamus.

“No, I suppose you don’t have to have any questions, if you’ve been around the borders and feel comfortable with everything… But, if you’re searching for a place to call home, allow me to extend an invitation to come with me, to the Foothills. I believe you’ll enjoy it there.” Romani smiled brilliantly, lifting her head a little bit higher in pride. And why shouldn’t she feel pride when speaking of her home? While the palomino hadn’t been to the other herdlands, she couldn’t imagine that they were near as beautiful as her mountainous home. All of Helovia was beautiful in its own way, but it paled in comparison to the Foothills.

“What do you say, Adeamus? Would you care to travel with me? If it turns out that the Foothills isn’t as you like, I can show you the way to the other herds.” She hoped that he would accept the invitation, this handsome Pegasus stallion. His strength would be a great addition to the family.

Unregistered
She extended her invitation, and he flew straight for the clouds from joy. He smiled and answered her with a gentle tone. "Of course I am pleased with your offer.." He finally got to join a herd. It wad been awhile since he could even think about joining a herd. His sated being's expression lightened and showed reliably happy features. She seemed eager for an answer from him. He would be an excellent addition. He had heard of an evil mare in that herd, but was unaware of why she was, and what she did.

"Ma'lady, I say yes! I would love to travel with you to your herd, and meet your family." A warm smile caressed his ebony lips as his sweet eyes glanced at her. "Too bad you can't fly. It is a lot faster." His smile held a while longer, before his normal attributes retrieved his cranium. "May I ask.." He paused and thought of how to phrase this question. "How long un--" No those weren't the words he had wanted to portray. "How far are the Foothills?" He didn't want to seem rude or impatient.

He was patient by nature. His subtle muscular build flinched. His orbs moved slowly to the cub. It still was a predator to him, but he'd ignore it.. for now. If it tried 'playing' with him, he open his wings and it would either spook off or jump at them. That jolly vibe always glowed off of him, but unless he was fighting. Then he realized, to achieve the rank of warrior he'd need practice. A lot of it to. Who knows how strong these horses are?

Romani

‘Of course I am pleased with your offer!’

His exclamation caused Romani’s grin to only grow and she laughed, tossing her head back in good humor. Her ivory mane bounced lightly and she stamped a hoof. Yet when the Pegasus stallion called her ‘Ma’lady’, a title of respect in the Haflinger’s eyes that was only reserved for those that deserved it, she looked momentarily startled and sheepish before letting it go and relaxing. He was just being kind, she told herself. It was nothing more.

“Wonderful, Adeamus!” She responded, equally as exuberant, “I’m glad. You’ll do just fine with us in the Foothills, I can tell.” Turning her compact body slightly, the palomino mare turned her head and called Kasai’s name. The tiger cub, still in the middle of playing with strands of green grass that blew in the wind, paused in her game of one and begrudgingly twisted to return to the mare’s side. Lowering her head, she nudged her companion lovingly before lifting her head to regard Adeamus once more. Her actions caused a gentle purr to lull from the tiger’s throat; a pleasing sound to Romani’s ears.

“Too bad indeed, hm? Sometimes I wonder what it would be like, to soar through the skies like a bird… I bet the freedom it brings is breathtaking. Don’t worry your handsome head, though; it isn’t a far walk. The Foothills are actually the closest to the Threshold out of all the herds, so we’ll be there in no time.” She wondered if perhaps he was somewhat bothered that they couldn’t simply fly there, but alas, Romani was born without the beautiful feathered appendages of wings.

Flicking her ivory tail, as if a beckoning sign for Adeamus to follow, the warrior turned her body around to head home, glancing over her shoulder with humorous azure eyes. “Are you coming? We’ll make it home before nightfall if we hurry, and then you can meet the others that call the Foothills home.” Romani wondered what the stag might want to do, once they had arrived. Would he simply settle down and enjoy his days? Or would he crave something more, something with purpose? By his build alone, the mare believed that he would make a fine addition to their ranks of warriors, should he be trained properly. Regardless, that was to come; first, they had to get home.

[OOC: You should be able to post in the update boards now, dear, to have your rank changed to Foothills Stallion, and thus begin posting out of the Threshold! :D]

Unregistered
His warm glowing smile returned with her every word. Her word's merged between two things, happiness, and vibrancy.

The day had been long and moving at a snails pace. Though so much has happened in the past few moments, he couldn't help but feel a need to take this slow and really soak this all in. His mind still couldn't wrap around it. He wasn't sure what to think. He refused to remain still, resorting to slightly flicking his head, staring at the femme who had taken him in.

Her lungs inflated and pushed a long, happy breath through slightly flared nostrils. He had finally found a place he'd be able to settle. A land to call his home. No more wandering, searching, praying, hoping. He could finally have a home to grow his strengthening muscles. He had a distinct feeling in the back of his mind, it was joyful and warm. He was going to get a home that very day. The land was probably going to smell strange, but maybe it held a comforting lust. He had always taken comfort in places that were more open and had green grass, and many horses. He adored open water, but some places couldn't hod it all.. The land he had been born in was awful. No water, grass, and barely any life.

He reminded himself to speak to the mare and not be deadly silent. "Flying doesn't give you freedom. Most think that, but it is easily obtainable you just had to run.. in an open field as the wind whips your mane and tail. It feels like gliding, and that is the best substitute." He looked at her gingerly. He already thought good of her. She was going to give him a home and friends. Are you coming? Of course he was! "Of course, Ma'lady. I would never pass such an opportunity..." He gave her a short curious smile as she looked back at him. In a matter of seconds he was in a brisk trot. "Here's the real question. Are you coming?"

In that quick moment his heart was warmed and pleasant to be around this mare. He powerful neck was arched and his muscles were now highlighted. A true warrior yes, but he had no scars.. from lack of fights. Heavy training would be needed to ensure he'd be a reliable warrior...